Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,881 members, 7,806,542 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador (54864 Views)

Krystal Okeke Honoured As Nigeria Diaspora Youth Ambassador / Governor Abiodun Appoints Laycon As Youth Ambassador, Gives Him Bungalow & N5m / Oyinda Adenuga At Banky W And Adesua Etomi's Wedding (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by NwekeUG(m): 11:02am On Oct 07, 2020
Nigerian gospel artiste, Wale Adenuga, has blasted Ogun state governor, Dapo Abiodun, for making BBNaija season 5 winner, Laycon, a Youth Ambassador in the state, IgbereTV reports.

Governor Abiodun hosted Laycon, an indigene of the state yesterday October 6 where he announced his appointment as a youth ambassador in the state. The governor also announced a cash gift of N5 million to Laycon as well as a three-bedroom bungalow.

In a post shared on his Instagram page this morning, award-winning singer, Wale Adenuga, said the governor's decision is "disheartening"

"I’m totally disheartened by the Governor of Ogun state making the winner of #bbnaija an ambassador of the state, rewarding him further with cash and a house.

No thanks to you sir for further entrenching the sad narrative that we are a nation that rewards trivialities and mediocrity.

Our values keeps going to the dogs!"

However, many of his followers blasted him for using the term 'dogs'. He later apologized for it. He wrote:

"Post Script: I’ve had so many comments on this and that’s to be expected. People have taken exception to the term ‘dogs’. This is an idiomatic expression and NOT the labelling of a person. My apologies to you for misconstruing that figure of speech and definitely won’t come here labelling anyone a dog."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGCG3qYpol9/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

60 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by TechyMm0: 11:07am On Oct 07, 2020
cool

Let him see it in another veiw

Laycon is one of the best graduating student in his department in UNILAG, he is a rapper and a Big Brother Winner,

Dapo Abiodun needed a Youth Ambassador, who is loved by Ogun indegenes and youth, someone that can communicate in their youth language, some one who knows the pain of been a youth from the ghetto

For 71 days Laycon was under camera 24/7 he didn't go nude, he didn't fight anybody even when provoked he laughed and moved on, not once did he engage in frivolous or mediocre activity, all he did was talk about his life, exercise, meditate through yoga, complete his daily task even when he knows he can't win

I am very certain if this man had 24/7 camera on him for a week, everyone would be surprised at who the Hypocrite is

Nigerian Entertainment sector has contributed alot of direct and indirect jobs to poor youths like Laycon without connection of getting white collar jobs, IF WE STUPIDLY KILL BIG BROTHER ENTERTAINMENT WHILE WATCHING EPL, UEFA Champions League, LaLiga, BOLLYWOOD, WAKANDA AND HOLLYWOOD we would only loose revenue

California USA and Mumbai Indian ,both have the Largest GDP in India and US respectively, they make billions of dollars on all Entertainment

Think about Entertainment as a big business and perhaps as a black human you can understand no oil , non governmental development

And to close my argument, Independent National Electoral Commission INEC, needs to invite MultiChoice Nigeria, Organisers of Big brothers, and Deloitte Anderson Auditing Consultancy to help them with real ways they got to get 90 million votes from all African countries especially SouthAfrica, Nigeria and Ghana to count, in a way that Africans look forward to vote for Nigerian content without fearing Corruption

431 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by YoonSung20: 11:07am On Oct 07, 2020
funny governor, wasting state's resources

Abeg Get responsive E-Commerce website or Company Website + Free Domain Registration + SEO. Check signature for contact details

18 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by SmartProf(m): 11:18am On Oct 07, 2020
YoonSung20:
funny governor
Just like a typical Nigerian politician, he decided to take advantage of what he perceives as the priority of majority of Nigerians and a popular movement so he can earn much praise from his people. It's the values of society our politicians trend with, and since today most Nigerians value BBnaija madly with so much goodwill showered on participants, the governor had to key into what satisfies his citizens. Afterall if laycon leads a campaign for him, he is likely to be voted massively. So the man is not funny, he has selfishly done his calculations.

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by QuinieR(f): 12:04pm On Oct 07, 2020
He should choke on that
WhoRica fans spotted
Nonsense

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by bolabadmus38: 2:10pm On Oct 07, 2020
Please,can someone explain to me the lessons from bbn. How it has added something meaningful or values to lives of our youths.Honestly,I don't have issues with the young man but my curiosity is that the Governor should explain the indices used for the appointment. What if such resources 5M and the 3 bedroom apartment (connverted to cash) was invested in production aspect like agriculture or other productive activities that will add some values to life of some underprivileged. MY TAKE

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by Madibah(m): 3:12pm On Oct 07, 2020
In as much as I love laycon and in as much that I'm willing to take sentiment out of this
Laycon doesn't deserve such post
Bbn doesn't contain any educative features
It doesn't contain any sort of morality
Giving laycon a youth ambassador is just a stupid and a babaric act by the governor

Well I'm not surprised , that's why ogun state is always full of bad news everyday

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by ZendayaColeman(f): 3:12pm On Oct 07, 2020
C
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by Arry110(m): 3:12pm On Oct 07, 2020
The fact that people that claim not to like bbn announce it at any given opportunity is so funny, if you don’t like something why open the thread to rush and comment on how you don’t like it grin grin

13 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by opalu: 3:12pm On Oct 07, 2020
Governor Abiodun MUST find all the best graduating students of MAPOLY and OOU and TASUED since he came to office. He MUST give them 5M each and houses and express Job for all of them since he came to office. Because those people are more. Besides Laycon already has N30M cash it makes no sense to give him N5m from Taxpayers money.

ASK ALL YOUR BUILDING QUESTIONS AND GET EXPERT ADVICE:-
https://www.nairaland.com/2406381/ask-all-questions-building-foundations

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by JosephXavier: 3:12pm On Oct 07, 2020
In as much as BBNaija is not very educative but this young was well composed and did not portray himself in a bad way

Na God give am the opportunity so let no man jealous him, let him enjoy his fame while it lasts

And for the gospel singer, we've not heard you calling out SARS for their brutality. Pls channel your energy somewhere else

32 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by Teewhy2: 3:12pm On Oct 07, 2020
Everyone likes to be associated with winners but nobody will remember a loser that is life for you.

8 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by Dangrace01: 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2020
Nawa

Who knows whether laycon didn't pay for that position I don't trust this country

Adenuga calm down Rochas did it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by NORSIYK(m): 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2020
Seems the governor is clueless.
What happened to the best graduating student in his state?
Best graduating students are those worthy of the Ambassadorial roles

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by Judolisco(m): 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2020
No lie here... Best graduating student no even dey get automatic employment again,not to talk of others that graduated with first class... We celebrate 2 much bullshit in dis country... B4 we talk now they will say d guy is smart... Smart?? how??

43 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by laurel03(m): 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2020
everyone with their own perspective... Am not BBN fan but I dont see anything wrong in making Laycon as an ambassador. if your time reach to blow u must blow anyhow. life is turn by turn beg Baba God make he reach ur turn.

12 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by MrTAnonymous(m): 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2020
Is there anything bad in the Governor making him a youth ambassador?

Incase you don't know na me talk

2 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by timefarm(m): 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2020
We are a nation that reward frivolities and mediocrity.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by StagethemTVee: 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2020
It's getting interesting
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by osamz007: 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2020
GOSPEL MUSICIANS NO DEY BLAST LEADERS NA

TEAM LAYCON.

4 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by NigeriaB(m): 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2020
I don't like nonsense!

5 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by bjayx: 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2020
I second you my guy

4 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by LegendHero(m): 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2020
Confused Nigerians. They must always blame government.

When Ogun state made an announcement that Laycon should pay taxes from his BB9ja money, people were shouting wicked government, bad government, their mates in other states are giving their own BB9ja winner indigene house gift, cars, and etc. and they are extorting tax from theirs.

Now Dapo gave him house and car, the same Nigerians are now here abusing him again saying he shouldn’t have done that, what about first class, what about bla bla bla.

Ko sogbon te le da, ko si iwa te le wu, te le fi te aye lorun!

15 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by DennisEche(m): 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2020
ENEMY WITHIN

1 Like

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by bigdammyj: 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2020
Noted
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by NigeriaB(m): 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2020
TechyMm0:
cool

Let him see it in another veiw

Laycon is the best graduating student in his department in UNILAG, he is a rapper and a Big Brother Winner,

Dapo Abiodun needed a Youth Ambassador, who is loved by Ogun indegenes and youth, someone that can communicate in their youth language, some one who knows the pain of been a youth from the ghetto

For 71 days Laycon was under camera 24/7 he didn't go nude, he didn't fight anybody even when provoked he laughed and moved on, not once did he engage in frivolous or mediocre activity, all he did was talk about his life, exercise, meditate through yoga, complete his daily task even when he knows he can't win

I am very certain if this man had 24/7 camera on him for a week, everyone would be surprised at who the Hypocrite is

Why should he look at it from this view?

If Laycon had not gone to the bbnonsense, would the governor have awarded and rewarded him because he graduated the best from his department? or because he is a good rapper?

No!

What Wale is saying is that, there are talents in that Ogun state that the Governor can actually harness and make worth while, there are first class and second class upper graduates in that Ogun state who are yet to be gainfully employed. He is not doing anything about that. He rather encourages BBnonsense , a place where our cherished culture is bin thrown to the dogs, a place where immorality is obtainable as a norm..

I hate nonsense

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by Baawaa(m): 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2020
Dayo Abiodun where is your sense,you think is all Ogun State youths are useless as your children,your son lekan is not our ambassador
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by Kingrefreshed: 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2020
NwekeUG:
Nigerian gospel artiste, Wale Adenuga, has blasted Ogun state governor, Dapo Abiodun, for making BBNaija season 5 winner, Laycon, a Youth Ambassador in the state, IgbereTV reports.

Governor Abiodun hosted Laycon, an indigene of the state yesterday October 6 where he announced his appointment as a youth ambassador in the state. The governor also announced a cash gift of N5 million to Laycon as well as a three-bedroom bungalow.

In a post shared on his Instagram page this morning, award-winning singer, Wale Adenuga, said the governor's decision is "disheartening"

However, many of his followers blasted him for using the term 'dogs'. He later apologized for it. He wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGCG3qYpol9/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Laycon is not your problem.

Hang yourself

6 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by badman007(m): 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2020
EP = Enemy or progress.
Live and let live... Simple

Some of us want to build heaven on Earth, live our best life to the best of our ability.

Never force your personal moral/religious views on anyOne.

5 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by Rhapsodia: 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2020
But I thought it was this governor that was owing pensioners??! undecided

Inasmuch as I am happy for laycon, Sir, wale adenuga has a point... cheesy

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wizkid Vs Chris Brown: Who Rocked The 'dashiki' Better / Mercy Aigbe Celebrates Herself On Father's Day (Photo) / #BBNaija : Tobi’s Parents At The Airport To Welcome Their Son - Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.