Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

How Can I Recover My Money Lost To A Scammer - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Can I Recover My Money Lost To A Scammer (714 Views)

How Can I Get My Money From African Alliance Insurance Company? / Recover Your Money Lost To Sports Betting With This 2 Odds Strategy / How To Recover Money Lost In Vitual Sport Betting. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Recover My Money Lost To A Scammer by omar5: 7:36pm On Oct 07, 2020
Hello Nairaland,

I did a business transaction, I.e I was the middle man connecting a buyer and seller to get a commission and it was bitcoin.
after a transaction of 178 thousand naira in which the seller transferred the bitcoin and money sent to him and I was given my commission from the sale, minutes later the person who bought called me to tell me that it was a flash bitcoin meaning the bitcoin entered the wallet and then it disappeared.
now every effort to connect to the seller has proven abortive and he keeps blocking every number I try to contact him with asking him to return the money to the point I am even asking for just 150 thousand but no reply.

please what is the best way to get this money back
or even how can this be handled properly.

thanks
Re: How Can I Recover My Money Lost To A Scammer by omar5: 7:37pm On Oct 07, 2020
please people I need info on how
Re: How Can I Recover My Money Lost To A Scammer by Iconstar: 7:40pm On Oct 07, 2020
U can't recover it .Ur money is gone for life.
Re: How Can I Recover My Money Lost To A Scammer by davis51(m): 7:40pm On Oct 07, 2020
Report to his bank
Re: How Can I Recover My Money Lost To A Scammer by kestine(m): 7:43pm On Oct 07, 2020
Bro... Was the money transfer to a bank account?? If yes then you have to start from there... Go to the seller bank and complain to them...give them the account details and report to the buyer's bank so they can put a hold on the seller account pending when everything sort...

My 2cent opinion...

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Recover My Money Lost To A Scammer by omar5: 7:44pm On Oct 07, 2020
davis51:
Report to his bank
would they freeze the account or debit it ?
Re: How Can I Recover My Money Lost To A Scammer by psucc(m): 7:54pm On Oct 07, 2020
omar5:

would they freeze the account or debit it ?
They can't debit the account but will only, with a police report, work on how to get the account holder.

Not every info is to be disclosed here.

Just report the transaction to the bank and involve the police.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Recover My Money Lost To A Scammer by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:16pm On Oct 07, 2020
I hate money wey I no fit see with 2 eyes

Re: How Can I Recover My Money Lost To A Scammer by Juliusmomoh: 8:52pm On Oct 07, 2020
Re: How Can I Recover My Money Lost To A Scammer by jamace(m): 10:32pm On Oct 07, 2020
omar5:
Hello Nairaland,

I did a business transaction, I.e I was the middle man connecting a buyer and seller to get a commission and it was bitcoin.
after a transaction of 178 thousand naira in which the seller transferred the bitcoin and money sent to him and I was given my commission from the sale, minutes later the person who bought called me to tell me that it was a flash bitcoin meaning the bitcoin entered the wallet and then it disappeared.
now every effort to connect to the seller has proven abortive and he keeps blocking every number I try to contact him with asking him to return the money to the point I am even asking for just 150 thousand but no reply.

please what is the best way to get this money back
or even how can this be handled properly.

thanks

*HOW TO RETRIEVE YOUR MONEY AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED.*

I am sharing a knowledge today on "Tips on how to retrieve your money after you have been scammed".

Please read careful and learn.

20% of social media users and shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money and It's quite painful.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).

2. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

4. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

5. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

Endeavour to Share with Friends and Family.

#Copied!

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Can I Recover My Money Lost To A Scammer by omar5: 8:51am On Oct 08, 2020
jamace:

*HOW TO RETRIEVE YOUR MONEY AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED.*

I am sharing a knowledge today on "Tips on how to retrieve your money after you have been scammed".

Please read careful and learn.

20% of social media users and shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money and It's quite painful.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).

2. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

4. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

5. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

Endeavour to Share with Friends and Family.

#Copied!

thanks

(1) (Reply)

Palmpay App Free Money App It Legit / Need A Logo Design? We Got You Covered. / Zugacoin, The Journey So Far... Share Your Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.