Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO (47845 Views)

Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges / FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic / Why Onitsha Port And Baro Port Can't Function For Now (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by groovie(m): 8:05am On Oct 08, 2020
Smh. Nigerians really need education in basic economics. Politicians will continue to use Nigerians to catch cruise for a long long time.

* Only shallow draft vessels can berth at this port
Which means that even if the port starts working 100% it will still be skeletal in terms of port operations.
* Till tomorrow you can't clear certain items at onne port. eg cars. Any item you can't clear from onne port cannot be barged to this port.
* Water way security in these parts will still remain a problem.
* The best option that can decongest Lagos ports is to
1) Have a functional railway from Apapa to major cities in Nigeria
2) Complete Akwa ibom deep sea port.
3) Remove blocks so as to allow investors come into port operations. By blocks i mean certain retrogressive laws by NPA.

To be honest with you this onitsha port will not produce the required economic boost until certain systematic blockages are sorted out. Please let's leave fanfare and focus on real issues.

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by gowonmaharajah(m): 8:06am On Oct 08, 2020
This is commendable!

Lagos go get rest small
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Sammyblack87: 8:07am On Oct 08, 2020
updatedws:
it pains me when I hear people give PMB credit for this port.

why credit the man? how much did the fg spend on this port? nothing.

the port has been existing for years. npa just made a decision to open the port because Lagos is now overcrowded.

making the east better was never d plan here. stop giving d old man credit for what he knows nothing about.

ok make I shock u, Buhari does not know the Onitsha port has been commissioned for use. the man is senile and knows not what's happening.

the congestion of Lagos necessitated this move. containers in Lagos are competing with humans for space.

I repeat, fg did not invest a dime on this.

if u want to talk about Buhari working, then talk about the billions of dollars he borrowed to build railway connecting the north to Niger. now that's work. a lopsided work by a lopsided government.

note, am not an Ipob.
just an observer pointing out facts to people who have failed to see beyond their nose!
why ur father gej, no open the port?

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by karkel(m): 8:08am On Oct 08, 2020
TechyMm0:
cool

Buhari setting his priorities right, and changing Nigeria in a brutal forceful way, like a wicked General

So it truly means for 16 years especially 6 years of Jonathan, they were just decieving Ibos

If his rail revolution, Baro and River Niger port, Ajaokuta, lisenced private modular refineries, Mabila dam all go into full swing

Even PDP would thank him

If nobody thanked Buhari , let me personally unbehalf of my family and my self thank him for Lagos , Abeokuta, Ibadan Rail Line and the Ibadan Dry Port, everytime I see the train couches and works ongoing at the stations I feel abit of pride

Another dullard
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by mimilogistics: 8:09am On Oct 08, 2020
This is great news.

Let Mimi Logistics handle all your logistics needs effortlessly so you can focus on increasing your business profit.

We can help you order on 1688, taobao, alibaba, etc. You can order yourself in English using our all-in-one Android mobile App known as: Mimilogs on Google Playstore.

Hurry now and download Mimilogs to enjoy amazing services and offers.
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by hohafrank(m): 8:09am On Oct 08, 2020
TechyMm0:
cool

Buhari setting his priorities right, and changing Nigeria in a brutal forceful way, like a wicked General

So it truly means for 16 years especially 6 years of Jonathan, they were just decieving Ibos

If his rail revolution, Baro and River Niger port, Ajaokuta, lisenced private modular refineries, Mabila dam all go into full swing

Even PDP would thank him

If nobody thanked Buhari , let me personally unbehalf of my family and my self thank him for Lagos , Abeokuta, Ibadan Rail Line and the Ibadan Dry Port, everytime I see the train couches and works ongoing at the stations I feel abit of pride

Those infrastructures did not spring up overnight.They the foundation laid by the previous governments which this present administration is building on.That is how society development.We are going somewhere.
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by chinazaJoshua: 8:11am On Oct 08, 2020
The fear of BiafraExit is the beginning of wisdom. This is what should have been done from the onset to douse tension. This govt. and previous govts. ignore several letters of protests by IPOB to put these things in place to ensure inclusion in the Nigeria project but they ignored it.
To add insults to injuries FG went further to slaughter thousands of youth protesting for secession, unconditional release of MNK and good governance.
We Biafran have gone too far to drop our agitation for Sovereign state of Biafra at least for the sake of our heros murdered in cold blood for no just cause.
Negotiations on putting issues raised in place previously would have solved all these problems but PMB was daft. He even went further to unlawfully arrest, detain MNK thereby helping to make our movement a global phenomenon.
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by TechyMm0: 8:12am On Oct 08, 2020
karkel:
Another dullard

Calling strangers Dullard for making comments show the kind of father and mother you have and how they trained you

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by slipperyanus07: 8:17am On Oct 08, 2020
I just dey laugh oo shey dem go fit cope with all this container gridlock together with bad roads all that
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by laurel03(m): 8:19am On Oct 08, 2020
TechyMm0:
cool

Even PDP would thank him

when the train fully start carrying passenger.. we will not think of redeemed traffic again
person will travel with rest of mind because accident on lagos ibadan expressway is common
seriously I appreciate the fg for the project

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Aksnoopy: 8:20am On Oct 08, 2020
Buhari and his media zombies with their propaganda again. This Onitsha port, including baro port were all completed by the PDP, buhari just installed some port handling equipment. Julius Berger has been using it since for the 2nd Niger bridge project.

So zombies tell us something else!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by princemillla(m): 8:20am On Oct 08, 2020
Thank God Lagos will be decongested anytime soon.

Can't wait to see Lagos less populated like other states.
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Natty14(m): 8:22am On Oct 08, 2020
Big lie. Lie lie government. No container
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by salveoP(m): 8:23am On Oct 08, 2020
Really! I was expecting to see big vessels heavily loaded with containers on a water body, not this....
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Masterkernel1: 8:25am On Oct 08, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:

But why is it that it is only negative, bad, sad news that makes you happy in this life?
Including all your fellow wailers?
Wait, is this how you live your life offline also?
What a way to live life, a life full of bitterness and negativity. No good news ever make you ever happy in life. Continue, pls never stop.

These people hate every good thing in life, they even hate themselves.

Which hate? Everyone reserve the right to support anyone, I'm happy for some recent infrastructural developments in the East.

After all we've been paying taxes, so... Don't start.
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by FarahAideed: 8:25am On Oct 08, 2020
k2money:

Have never swear for anybody before in a forum like this but take this amadioha strike you and your type that doesn't wish Nigeria �� well.

Back to sender ... Now apologize to me

https://www.nairaland.com/6167365/maersk-refutes-claims-onitsha-inland#94721706
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by sosowater: 8:28am On Oct 08, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
Excerpts : For those who might not know yet , this is an earth breaking and game changing event . what this means is that the journey to Lagos to clear goods , get harrassed by touts , task force and State government agents is over , the current extortion happening along Lagos - Onitsha express way , the bandit attacks , the armed robbery is over and the hard toll on Benin-Ore expressway will be a thing of the past.

Totally false. All goods heading to onitsha will be cleared in Lagos.

Containers can only move to onitsha when there is congestion in Lagos.

Now, you all should stop the Buhari praises. The person that made this possible and commissioned it was Dr George Moghalu, MD Nigeria Inland Waterway Authority (NIWA).

When we can say that there's Onitsha Port is when containers vome in directly from foreign countries and custom clearance done in Onitsha and not Lagos.

The propaganda should just stop.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by porthouse7(f): 8:29am On Oct 08, 2020
Goodmarlian:
But the yoloba said we are landlocked ,did this containers fly through air I am not understanding. shocked
truly.... east is landlocked check ur map, east is not connected to Atlantic ocean, barges move through river Niger and river can never be a port
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by guru90: 8:29am On Oct 08, 2020
great upon great.................... My State heading to next level.......................

International Airport loading as well (April 21, 2021).

Loving this................

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by martineverest(m): 8:30am On Oct 08, 2020
victorazyvictor:

Sorry! Yaradua & Jonathan did it.
they did it but it hasn't been working until now?
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by guru90: 8:31am On Oct 08, 2020
salveoP:
Really! I was expecting to see big vessels heavily loaded with containers on a water body, not this....

Calm down #Team_Hater Na poco by poco (little by little).
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Goodmarlian: 8:32am On Oct 08, 2020
porthouse7:
truly.... east is landlocked check ur map, east is not connected to Atlantic ocean, barges move through river Niger and river can never be a port
We will dredge the river and turn it to artificial ocean that's why we have civil engineer.. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by martineverest(m): 8:32am On Oct 08, 2020
ddmannn:
There is nothing new on this development as GEJ had already done the finishing of Onitsha Port during his administration like he GEJ did on Second Niger bridge.

All PMB is doing is just to take glory of an administrator that meant well for all Nigerians.

Quote Me
See
your village people
God bless GEJ
what stopped it from working before GEJ left?

didn't u remember when federal government said there will be no new projects until all previously abandoned projects have been completed?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by martineverest(m): 8:33am On Oct 08, 2020
ruggedtimi:
A ship brought those Container to onitsha?
no...na wheelbarrow bring am come

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Bobyro: 8:34am On Oct 08, 2020
updatedws:

the port has been existing for years. npa just made a decision to open the port because Lagos is now overcrowded.

making the east better was never d plan here. stop giving d old man credit for what he knows nothing about.

ok make I shock u, Buhari does not know the Onitsha port has been commissioned for use. the man is senile and knows not what's happening.

the congestion of Lagos necessitated this move. containers in Lagos are competing with humans for space.

if u want to talk about Buhari working, then talk about the billions of dollars he borrowed to build railway connecting the north to Niger. now that's work. a lopsided work by a lopsided government.

note, am not an Ipob.
just an observer pointing out facts to people who have failed to see beyond their nose!
Leaves Nigerians, when corruption is everywhere the people forget function of the government and then every little things done by the government is resounded like the second coming of Jesus. We no know our rights. 21st century and we're still talking about ports.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by InvertedHammer: 8:35am On Oct 08, 2020
/
All Buhari has to do is fix Federal roads in the SE and finish the 2nd Niger bridge and he will be the best thing to happen to Igbo people since 1960.

/

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by martineverest(m): 8:35am On Oct 08, 2020
ddmannn:

There is nothing new on this development as GEJ had already done the finishing of Onitsha Port during his administration like he GEJ did on Second Niger bridge.
All PMB is doing is just to take glory of an administrator that meant well for all Nigerians.
Quote Me
See your village people
God bless GEJ
take glory for completing abandoned projects?...why didn't GEJ complete it...why didn't GEJ complete the roads,ports ,power plants and other infrastructure Obasanjo and yar adua started?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Ngorbungor(m): 8:36am On Oct 08, 2020
Natty14:
Big lie. Lie lie government. No container

Please stop this nonsense, port operation has started but on a low key, it's said that 50% - 70% of containers entering Nigeria port are transported to the east, so with time and further upgrade to Onitsha Port we will see more activities around the port

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by martineverest(m): 8:37am On Oct 08, 2020
updatedws:

note, am not an Ipob.
it has been existing for years but was it working?..what stopped it from working during GEJ era?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 08, 2020
what happened to onne? what is wikus doing about it? Must we go to Lagos to clear containers?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by KINGMIGHTY(m): 8:40am On Oct 08, 2020
The Easterner should be ashame of themselves, 5 years of buhari one federal project
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by piper7(m): 8:42am On Oct 08, 2020
CoalcityBoi:
Why don't Nigeria want to allow Igbo to go?

A). They are in control of all major market in all state in Nigeria and also the financial hub in African continent, hence Nigeria economy will collapse without the Igbos.

B). The Igbos are 5% and a land lock region and hence Nigeria care about the people so they perish if they leave Nigeria.

#Like for A

#share for B
I used to think Igbos were wise. Your words just proved me wrong.
And please what markets do you own? You mean your two-by-two containers and wheel barrows selling fake clothes and rat poison? Bro you need to be educated in economics. A minority can never have effect on a country's economy. It's just like saying black Americans are the pillar of the American economy. That's a joke. From PAGA to Lagos city to Nigeria's agricultural produce, they are all dominated by non Igbos.
Please don't misinterpret me. I'm not trying to be tribalistic here, okay? I have nothing against the Igbos. Infact I like them for their business minded mentally. I'm just saying Igbos need to step up their economy before they can form Biafra or else! These fake cloths and fufu iPhones will not build them an economy. Most of Igbo well to do companies are in another man's land. Not in Ala Igbo.
This diversity in Nigeria that you desperately despise is what America has and is constantly seeking to boost and better their economy. Or do you think that small Biafra can buy all your products? You will still have to export your products here. So why split in the first place?
Let's fight for One Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" / Man Cries, Tries To Resist Deportation (Photos) / 10 Best Governed Countries In Africa According To World Economics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.