Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means (6379 Views)

Did You Get This Message From MTN? / My Tecno Spark 4 Just Received And Upgraded To Android 10! / Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by TrollKiller(m): 8:13pm On Oct 07, 2020
Please what's this all about. I'm confused
Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by aaking(m): 8:23pm On Oct 07, 2020
491. If you send the number you don expose your bvn and other information
Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by Madibah(m): 8:24pm On Oct 07, 2020
See format

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by aaking(m): 8:24pm On Oct 07, 2020
TrollKiller:

Don't reply them ooo.
Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by chatinent: 8:24pm On Oct 07, 2020
Decline the message.

It's an auto messenger.
Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by Davash222(m): 10:09pm On Oct 07, 2020
That message is a forerunner to the main scam. Calm down, they will call you to lamba you. Just be on guard and exhaust their airtime.

22 Likes

Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 10:27pm On Oct 07, 2020
my friend...
Davash222:
That message is a forerunner to the main scam. Calm down, they will call you to lamba you. Just be on guard and exhaust their airtime.

7 Likes

Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by Davash222(m): 10:32pm On Oct 07, 2020
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
my friend...
Lol
You just made me smile right now. When did I start becoming your friend?
Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by KrazyDave16(m): 10:44pm On Oct 07, 2020
Looks like an OTP.
You shouldn't reply them

5 Likes

Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 12:26am On Oct 08, 2020
you're my nairaland bestie even though we fight sometimes
Davash222:

Lol

You just made me smile right now. When did I start becoming your friend?
Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by Pearlla(f): 3:07am On Oct 08, 2020
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
you're my nairaland bestie even though we fight sometimes
uhn, uhn, Nice nairaland besties.
Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by VickyRotex(f): 3:15am On Oct 08, 2020
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided
Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by Nobody: 3:21am On Oct 08, 2020
Trollkiller, Don't Send Any Code To D Phone Number If U Don't Want To Be A Victim Of Bank Fraud. Even Ur Fb A/c Won't Be Safe If U Do So.
Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 4:09am On Oct 08, 2020
lool davash222 is my guy even though he behaves like a goat sometimes
Pearlla:
uhn, uhn, Nice nairaland besties.
Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by nnamdi640: 5:39am On Oct 08, 2020
Somebody must have used your phone number to register something mistakenly.
Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 08, 2020
That's an OTP (one time password)

They have either hack into your social media accounts or your bank.

They will call you to give them that code and if you do, your social media accounts or your bank will be hack

Just delete immediately and ignore their call

8 Likes

Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by Silentgroper(m): 7:10am On Oct 08, 2020
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
lool davash222 is my guy even though he behaves like a goat sometimes
U sound konjified. Get a vibrator. He isnt going down on ur wrinkled self

5 Likes

Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by Bloghomies(m): 7:26am On Oct 08, 2020
The young man is expressing his ignorant in what the message requires of him, you loots are here telling him not to send him BVN to them. Like, WTH!
Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by falcon01: 7:31am On Oct 08, 2020
Silentgroper:
U sound konjified. Get a vibrator. He isnt going down on ur wrinkled self
damn!! you guys have to ruin everything

8 Likes

Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by iamlahmee(m): 7:39am On Oct 08, 2020
please Nlanders I just wanted to ask if the US embassy in Nigeria has been opened
Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by potbelly(m): 8:07am On Oct 08, 2020
Kelechi as revealed by truecaller sent you a message...

Please be careful...
Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by wildlife9999(m): 8:18am On Oct 08, 2020
Mine was WhatsApp business code I never opened WhatsApp business before even my normal WhatsApp I don't change phone. So what I did I just delete it so I won't be seeing it. I would advise you to delete the message immediately
Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by Memberclub(m): 8:39am On Oct 08, 2020
aaking:
491. If you send the number you don expose your bvn and other information

Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by tofolo(m): 8:53am On Oct 08, 2020
TrollKiller:
One time password(OTP) scammers trying to hack your account, go to your bank immediately and have it deactivated.
Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by Twifemmy(m): 9:49am On Oct 08, 2020
Don't laugh Alone,... She Just released this one....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRxzs-vL1kc
Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by CosmicPhoenix: 10:17am On Oct 08, 2020
too many ignorant people here,OTP cannot come from a mobile number,na scam be this.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by pozehnani(f): 12:19pm On Oct 08, 2020
Do you know the source? Besides you were told not to share but you just did. Do you know if its a code linked to your personal info or for something you would need to pick up a parcel some time later? Now you've disclosed it.

Since you were not asked to resend the code, ( which you should never do) all you could have done was ask if anyone received a strange code recently. Rather than disclose it here. For all you know, some smart people might copy it and use it to defraud you.

Just be careful.

1 Like

Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by Bettycox8221(m): 12:27pm On Oct 08, 2020
The repair and service need to all the connected gadgets at workplace or home can easily be catered to with the readily available solutions with just Schedule Geek Squad Appointment.
Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by pozehnani(f): 12:31pm On Oct 08, 2020
tofolo:
One time password(OTP) scammers trying to hack your account, go to your bank immediately and have it deactivated.

Waaaat?? Deactivate his bank account for a code he didn't generate? How dumb!
Re: I Just Received This Message And I Don't Know What It Means by tofolo(m): 12:44pm On Oct 08, 2020
pozehnani:

Waaaat?? Deactivate his bank account for a code he didn't generate? How dumb!

Why not just ask if you don't understand? the statement, must you resort to name calling?

its the OTP that would be deactivated as it was generated from an app.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help!!, My Samsung J5 Is Overheating. / Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio / Sure Site To Download Games (apk And Data) File For Andriod?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.