Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,635 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership (1686 Views)

Nigeria's Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Covers Time Magazine / WTO Leadership Race Hits New Hurdle As Geneva Lockdown Returns / Okonjo-Iweala Vs Yoo Myung-Hee: WTO Leadership Down To The Final 2 Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by eaglenewshour: 8:35pm On Oct 07, 2020
Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and South Korea’s Yoo Myung-hee — are the final two candidates to lead the World Trade Organization (WTO). A woman has never served as director general in it’s 25-year history.

WTO will likely have the first female director general in its 25-year history.

“They’re both very well qualified, it’s going to be a fight,” said William Reinsch, a trade official in the Clinton administration and senior adviser at the Center for Strategic and International Studies. The top challenge will be “restoring the organization to full strength and viability, and restoring its reputation. “You need members to have confidence that the WTO is capable of solving problems. I think right now that confidence is eroded.”

Okonjo-Iweala served as Nigeria’s finance minister and one term as foreign affairs minister.

She has also sat on the Boards of Standard Chartered Bank, Twitter, Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI), and the African Risk Capacity (ARC)

Yoo is South Korea’s trade minister. During her 25-year career in government, she has helped expand her country’s trade network through bilateral accords with the U.S., China and the U.K.

WTO General Council Chairman David Walker plans to formally announce the results to the institution’s delegates on Thursday morning in Geneva.

Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and South Korea’s Yoo Myung-hee -- Made It To The Final Round In The Race To Lead The Geneva-based trade body (WTO Leadership) https://eaglenewshour.com/index.php/2020/10/07/nigerias-ngozi-okonjo-iweala-and-south-koreas-yoo-myung-hee-made-it-to-the-final-round-in-the-race-to-lead-the-geneva-based-trade-body-wto-leadership/

Cc
_lalasticlala
_ishilove

Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by RuddyFusion(m): 8:39pm On Oct 07, 2020
Lemme go and check and come back

Ok , gone , checked and the news is correct....congrat NOI and Nigeria in advance ....hope you make it ma as the first woman and first African to head WTO.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by Finnese001: 8:41pm On Oct 07, 2020
grin
Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by loveth360(f): 8:42pm On Oct 07, 2020
She is Igbo not a Nigerian.
Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by Samakus(m): 8:42pm On Oct 07, 2020
Now, that's the kind of slay queens I respect!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by Freestainworld(m): 8:44pm On Oct 07, 2020
our amiable mother, will rule the world

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by Johnnyessence(m): 8:44pm On Oct 07, 2020
congratulations to the finance guru. you get the seat by God's grace.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by Samakus(m): 8:45pm On Oct 07, 2020
loveth360:

Hey. Bigotry doesn't fit you nne. You can do better

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by bottlewater1(m): 8:48pm On Oct 07, 2020
I know this woman will win
Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by RuddyFusion(m): 8:50pm On Oct 07, 2020
loveth360:

Nne mechie onu dere
Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by Afamed: 8:52pm On Oct 07, 2020
loveth360:
Hypocrite. Why not put Igbo as your location in your Dp instead of Lagos?

We sincerely wish her success
Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by emperorshaokahn(m): 8:52pm On Oct 07, 2020
RuddyFusion:

Nne mechie onu dere
why should she?.
Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 07, 2020
abeg we need her to be there, before China will takeover Nigeria because of load

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by Afamed: 8:56pm On Oct 07, 2020
emperorshaokahn:
why should she?.
One of conditions of being a WTO DG.
A country or your country has to nominate you first for the position.
Was he nominated by Igbo/ Biafra country?
Atleast make una dey comment with common sense
Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by loveth360(f): 8:58pm On Oct 07, 2020
RuddyFusion:

Nne mechie onu dere
Mechie onu nke gi dere.

Onye ka gi bu igwa m mechie onu.
Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by RuddyFusion(m): 8:58pm On Oct 07, 2020
emperorshaokahn:
why should she?.

Okwuaa ogbasara gi?

Ke ihe e ji etiye onu na okwu na agbasa gi?
Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by loveth360(f): 9:01pm On Oct 07, 2020
Afamed:
Hypocrite. Why not put Igbo as your location in your Dp instead of Lagos?
We sincerely wish her success
Hypocrites.Is she not Igbo?
Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by RuddyFusion(m): 9:02pm On Oct 07, 2020
loveth360:
Mechie onu nke gi dere.

Muah mechie onu m? Onye Ka m bu? I choro ima onye m bu? ehhhh

Imata onye m bu nga ebulikwe ya?
Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by PIMPAR: 9:03pm On Oct 07, 2020
loveth360:
Mechie onu nke gi dere.

Typical Villa girl, you could have put Igbo as your location instead of claiming one of the states in Nigeria/Lagos
Bitter soul
Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by loveth360(f): 9:03pm On Oct 07, 2020
Samakus:

Hey. Bigotry doesn't fit you nne. You can do better
Is she not Igbo?

But she is niger arean by force marriage.
Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by PIMPAR: 9:04pm On Oct 07, 2020
loveth360:
Is she not Igbo?

Use your sense for once. Was she nominated by your Biafran state?
The President of Nigeria nominated her not the President of Igbo. Half-baked
Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by WonderManly(m): 9:05pm On Oct 07, 2020
Good!
Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by PIMPAR: 9:06pm On Oct 07, 2020
loveth360:
Is she not Igbo?

Why using Lagos as your location in your Dp. If you are so proud of your Biafra states.
Confused entity
Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by emperorshaokahn(m): 9:06pm On Oct 07, 2020
RuddyFusion:

Okwuaa ogbasara gi?
Ke ihe e ji etiye onu na okwu na agbasa gi?
comon mechieonu gi there.
Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by loveth360(f): 9:07pm On Oct 07, 2020
PIMPAR:

Typical Villa girl, you could have put Igbo as your location instead of claiming one the states in Nigeria/Lagos
Bitter soul
Pain go at.

How does the location i put concern.

She is Igbo,if you like kill yourself.
Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by emperorshaokahn(m): 9:08pm On Oct 07, 2020
Afamed:

One of conditions of being a WTO DG.
A country or your country has to nominate you first for the position.
Was he nominated by Igbo/ Biafra country?
Atleast make una dey comment with common sense
afonja dont let me slap you o.
Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by PIMPAR: 9:09pm On Oct 07, 2020
loveth360:
Pain go at.

How does the location i put concern.

She is Igbo,if you like kill yourself.
Keep your mouth sealed. Confused fellow.
You should have been proud of state from the east while claiming Lagos, when everything about Nigeria is an headache to you
Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by loveth360(f): 9:09pm On Oct 07, 2020
RuddyFusion:

Muah mechie onu m? Onye Ka m bu? I choro ima onye m bu? ehhhh
Imata onye m bu nga ebulikwe ya?
Onweghi onye gi bu.

Afulodighi m iru gi.
Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by RuddyFusion(m): 9:10pm On Oct 07, 2020
emperorshaokahn:
comon mechieonu gi there.

Efulefu ga zuie ike
Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by PIMPAR: 9:11pm On Oct 07, 2020
emperorshaokahn:
afonja dont let me slap you o.
I have just exposed one of una hypocrite attitudes. The President of Nigeria nominated her first. You can continue your usual bitter attitude.
The patriotic Nigerians,we wish her well
Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by loveth360(f): 9:12pm On Oct 07, 2020
PIMPAR:

Keep your mouth sealed. Confused fellow.
You should have been proud of state from the east while claiming Lagos, when everything about Nigeria is an headache to you
She is Igbo.

I dey my house,come and beat me.
Re: Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Made It To The Final Round In WTO Leadership by PIMPAR: 9:14pm On Oct 07, 2020
loveth360:
She is Igbo.

I dey my house,come and beat me.
Until you are proud / bold enough to change your location to Igbo. Until then, you remain hypocrite number 1 in the world

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu / When Every Reason To Stop The South East Fails,now Obasanjo Is From Igbo Land / Igbo, Yoruba Hold Historic Unity, Peace Summit January 15 Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.