Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,710 members, 7,802,153 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line (21858 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi Inspects Port-Harcourt - Maiduguri Rail Line (Photos & Video). / Extend Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Rail Line To Chad, President Deby Tells Buhari / FG Approves $3.02bn For Port Harcourt- Maiduguri Rail Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by jrupa(m): 10:08am On Oct 08, 2020
Getting a working rail connecting both States business wise is not a bad idea. Hopefully there are no negative motives.
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Nrmd: 10:09am On Oct 08, 2020
ok
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Nchenches: 10:10am On Oct 08, 2020
Buhari builds Standard Gauge Rails in northern and Southwest Nigeria, and evening to Niger Republic; but repairs outdated narrow gauge rails from PH through East to Maiduguri.

A president of Nigeria in Ethnoreligious bigotry

1 Like

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Taciturn1: 10:10am On Oct 08, 2020
Realtalk20:

What is so important from maiduguri that is needed in port Harcourt?

Repentant Bokoharam members?
Food transport from north to south, other imports from south to north

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by BIGGESThead6: 10:11am On Oct 08, 2020
Buhari is working. This is the reason WE IGBO SEE PRESIDENT BUHARI AS OUR MESSIAH.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by 6digitscomrade: 10:11am On Oct 08, 2020
chatinent:

Source: https://punchng.com/fg-okays-3-02bn-for-reconstruction-of-port-harcourt-maiduguri-rail-line/
season to approve and then next government will probe abandon projects and money wasn’t released will be heard , panels will be ready to rumble and fainting will ravage the media����
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by slimthugchimee2(m): 10:11am On Oct 08, 2020
Romanoff:
Why are all the rails linked to the North though?

Abuja to port Harcourt is good, Abuja to Lagos is okay, Abuja to the east is fine cause Abuja is the Centre of Nigeria but Maiduguri?

I don't get the rationale behind it.

When ignorance meets with stupidity

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Jackmj(m): 10:11am On Oct 08, 2020
Romanoff:

Abuja to port Harcourt is good, Abuja to Lagos is okay, Abuja to the east is fine cause Abuja is the Centre of Nigeria but Maiduguri?

So maiduguri people are not human beings?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Romanoff(f): 10:11am On Oct 08, 2020
slimthugchimee2:

When ignorance meets with stupidity

Please explain.
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by oxiide22(m): 10:12am On Oct 08, 2020
Romanoff:

narrow minded fellow

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Romanoff(f): 10:12am On Oct 08, 2020
Jackmj:

So maiduguri people are not human beings?

No. That's not what I mean. What economic activity warrants that kind of investment?

1 Like

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Nchenches: 10:13am On Oct 08, 2020
BIGGESThead6:
Buhari is working. This is the reason WE IGBO SEE PRESIDENT BUHARI AS OUR MESSIAH.

Aboki or Afonja in overdrive.

2 Likes

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Romanoff(f): 10:13am On Oct 08, 2020
oxiide22:
narrow minded fellow

Just like I aired my opinion, you can air yours, especially without insults, that's how intelligent arguments are made.

1 Like

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by desiredhome: 10:15am On Oct 08, 2020
OJay360:
Lol, so that boko haram can now come to the south through train
Lol.... All you can see from this gesture is evil?, what if it's how to easily transport goods to and fro the States? What if it's to reduce the loads on the roads?
From the aboundant of the heart speaks the mouth....... Stop thinking negative.....

4 Likes

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Openbusiness: 10:15am On Oct 08, 2020
The same Borno that the Governor's convoy has come under direct terrorists attack 3 times or so within 1 week..... Ok na, don't forget to build underground subway too
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Oyecool: 10:15am On Oct 08, 2020
Ameachi is one of the shining stars under PMB regime, PMB is systematically revolutionarising the rail system in Nigeria! May Almighty strengthened the President to do more.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Biodun556(m): 10:16am On Oct 08, 2020
Romanoff:

Get Nigerian map look at states between Portharcourt and Maiduguri. The news is telling you the beginning and terminal of the rail. All the states between will benefit.

Lagos Kano rail is not just for the two states mentioned. Ogun states is there with train stations and even tunnel

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by maxzzo1(m): 10:16am On Oct 08, 2020
[quote author=tamdun post=94724805]Una must complain sha, some hypocrites above me are asking why maiduguri, are people in maiduguri not humans or they don't deserve rail?
U want Lagos, port Harcourt, itakpe etc to have rail but not maiduguri, why? [/quote
Very funny Maiduguri is known for boom
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by SmartPolician: 10:16am On Oct 08, 2020
Hate him or love him, Amaechi does not lead from behind in the leadership circus

No doubt, he has his failings as a human, but his impact is felt anywhere he is.

From his days as Rivers governor, Amaechi did an intimidating job in the state's education sector.

Today, I have yet to see any minister that has done better than him in this government

Well done, sir

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by slimthugchimee2(m): 10:17am On Oct 08, 2020
Romanoff:

Please explain.

Don't you know the job of railway line?

It links major cities with each other

Maiduguri and portharcourt are just end points

Many cities will be linked in-between the

Eg do you know the amount of travellers that ply enugu portharcourt expressway?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Eastlink(m): 10:17am On Oct 08, 2020
Good one from the President. When the all the major infrastructures are complete, Nigeria will become a giant land replete with industrial revolution.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by slivertongue: 10:17am On Oct 08, 2020
hope its a dual standard carriage.
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Realtalk20: 10:17am On Oct 08, 2020
Taciturn1:
Food transport from north to south, other imports from south to north

This money could be used to fix all inter state federal roads and ensure security patrols we don't need the trains

And enough of the money would be saved

1 Like

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 08, 2020
tamdun:
Una must complain sha, some hypocrites above me are asking why maiduguri, are people in maiduguri not humans or they don't deserve rail?
U want Lagos, port Harcourt, itakpe etc to have rail but not maiduguri, why?
Seems people in Maiduguri don't go to school
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Romanoff(f): 10:17am On Oct 08, 2020
Biodun556:

Get Nigerian map look at states between Portharcourt and Maiduguri. The news is telling you the beginning and terminal of the rail. All the states between will benefit.

I understand. Maiduguri is a risky investment if you ask me.
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by 2cribz: 10:17am On Oct 08, 2020
Scammer spotted
Thingsmustchang:
Sorry am derailing dis thread na help I need abeg depression no dey gree me sleep dis days sef for past three weeks now I never c 1k things hard for me abeg make person help me with anything shame no allow fit beg sef i had to open new account. Abeg God no go shame us.

FCMB
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Jackmj(m): 10:18am On Oct 08, 2020
Romanoff:

No. That's not what I mean. What economic activity warrants that kind of investment?
Maiduguri is just the ending point. The rail line will for example be from Port Harcourt to owerri, owerri to aba, aba to Enugu to makurdi, makurdi to jos jos to bauchi bauchi maiduguri.

So you can see all the above cities will benefit. Like food from makurdi to pH etc. You can see its not all about maiduguri

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by desiredhome: 10:18am On Oct 08, 2020
Oyecool:
Ameachi is one of the shining stars under PMB regime, PMB is systematically revolutionarising the rail system in Nigeria! May Almighty strengthened the President to do more.
At least if that can be achieved and maintained, it's a plus.....
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Romanoff(f): 10:18am On Oct 08, 2020
slimthugchimee2:

Don't you know the job of railway line?

It links major cities with each other

Maiduguri and portharcourt are just end points

Many cities will be linked in-between the

Eg do you know the amount of travellers that ply enugu portharcourt expressway?

I understand. But my point is, what economic value does it add to extend the rail as far as Maiduguri?
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Romanoff(f): 10:19am On Oct 08, 2020
Jackmj:

Maiduguri is just the ending point. The rail line will for example be from Port Harcourt to owerri, owerri to aba, aba to Enugu to makurdi, makurdi to jos jos to bauchi bauchi maiduguri.

So you can see all the above cities will benefit. Like food from makurdi to pH etc. You can see its not all about maiduguri

I get it now. Will the rail pass through Benue?
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Eastlink(m): 10:20am On Oct 08, 2020
Romanoff:

I understand. Maiduguri is a risky investment if you ask me.
Maiduguri is not a risky investment. It’s a welcome development

3 Likes

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by eazykolobo(m): 10:20am On Oct 08, 2020
OJay360:
Lol, so that boko haram can now come to the south through train, idiots dey waste money like fools, I'm not into all these apc and pdp matters but is this not bad enough? what will it profit you to build a railway from Ph to a war torn state with over 3 billion naira and you can't settle ASUU so we can resume school

Edit: Chaiii na even 3b dollars, I guess this was what Saudi Arabia did that made them great today since they like comparing us with the Saudis
seems u didn't read the headline properly...it's over 3billion dollars. Swears, Nigeria get problem....and our leaders are the main problem we have....ASUU issues remain a yearly problem for us, untackled for the past 5yrs, yet this pple are pouring billions of dollars on projects that will take them donkey years to complete cos they will embezzle more that half of the allotted funds. Damnit...I am just weak ontop our leaders matter...chai!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Soldiers On Death Row Starved In Underground Cell —falana / EFCC To Begin Repatriation Of $200billion Dubai Stash, Receives Looters' List / APC Disbands Gulak Committee For Imo Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.