Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,838 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line (21860 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi Inspects Port-Harcourt - Maiduguri Rail Line (Photos & Video). / Extend Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Rail Line To Chad, President Deby Tells Buhari / FG Approves $3.02bn For Port Harcourt- Maiduguri Rail Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by themaestro08(m): 11:22am On Oct 08, 2020
Coldie:

The list is too plenty those are the ones am sure of.

Like I said Buhari could act like obasanjo and Gej and decide to chop all the money and nothing will happen

How about?

•security : Nigeria has never being this insecure
• unemployment : at an unprecedented level
•Education : ASUU still on strike

I can go on on.....

Are you deliberately ignoring fact and reality just because it doesn't fit into your narrative?
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by themaestro08(m): 11:23am On Oct 08, 2020
tamdun:

Pls visit ministry of works and housing twitter page, go to media and see their projects across the country

Security nko?
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by celeiyke: 11:23am On Oct 08, 2020
The North east is quite, the north central is quiet, the south south is quiet. The south east should not cry more than the bereaved. This rail passes through 4 geo-political zones and none is talking

2 Likes

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Coldie(m): 11:24am On Oct 08, 2020
themaestro08:

How about?

•security : Nigeria has never being this insecure
• unemployment : at an unprecedented level
•Education : ASUU still on strike

I can go on on.....

Are you deliberately ignoring fact and reality just because it doesn't fit into your narrative?
ASUU has always been striking, during my time in uniport ASUU striked for almost a year.

U and I know unemployment has always been in Nigeria, let's not act like it started today

2 Likes

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Coldie(m): 11:25am On Oct 08, 2020
celeiyke:
The North east is quite, the north central is quiet, the south south is quiet. The south east should not cry more than the bereaved. This rail passes through 4 geo-political zones and none is talking
Thats what am trying to tell them, even the man who approved it is from the south south, but south east is complaining

1 Like

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by chloride6: 11:27am On Oct 08, 2020
Why are we using $3bn to rehabilitate narrow gauge lines?

In 2020?

What happen to standard gauge lines?

1 Like

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Nyanabo(m): 11:27am On Oct 08, 2020
Realtalk20:

Smh

I wasn't referring to trains as a whole seems it's hard for you to comprehend?

I said we don't need a link bye ph and maiduguri

Simple !!! Link it to Lagos and instead repair all the federal roads linking south to north

Make them concrete casting and even a 300 tonne submarine won't damage them

You need to leave Nigeria and see how things are done

Now, Now don't backtrack on your statement. you explicitly said and i quote "We don't need trains"

Mind you i have schooleea outside the country for 5 solid years i have seen better.

you really don't have to disgrace yourself if you have nothing to say why not FEM !

2 Likes

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Realtalk20: 11:31am On Oct 08, 2020
Nyanabo:

Now, Now don't backtrack on your statement. you explicitly said and i quote "We don't need trains"

Mind you i have schooleea outside the country for 5 solid years i have seen better.

you really don't have to disgrace yourself if you have nothing to say why not FEM !

You see why I say the Nigerian education system has failed you all? You guys aren't taught basic cognitive process and analytical reasoning.. I said we don't need trains clearly hoping you would link that to my previous comment where I explicitly stated we don't need a link via rail between ph and maiduguri..but alas that was too much intellectual effort for you wasn't it ?

I really need to be managing my expectations when dealing with Nigerians I have been spoiled with interacting with humans of a higher specie to whom analytical reasoning is the basic norm for them.

So I apologise for setting the bar so high that you can't meet
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by TruthinAction: 11:31am On Oct 08, 2020
Romanoff:

Abuja to port Harcourt is good, Abuja to Lagos is okay, Abuja to the east is fine cause Abuja is the Centre of Nigeria but Maiduguri?

I don't get the rationale behind it.

It's part of the hidden agenda. It will be easier for the terrorist to invade Port Harcourt when it is completed. I am surprised that the people of Rivers state are not crying out against the project. Maidiguri is not a state of interest to us. We are just too mute and timid to a fault.
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by seunmsg(m): 11:32am On Oct 08, 2020
Romanoff:

I understand. But my point is, what economic value does it add to extend the rail as far as Maiduguri?

Your problem with the project is that it should not have been extended to Maiduguri, right? So, where do you suggest as the terminal point and why do you think the people of Maiduguri does not deserve a railway terminal?

3 Likes

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by SocialJustice: 11:34am On Oct 08, 2020
Biodun556:

After more than three decades delay, President Muhammadu Buhari Tuesday inaugurated the 326 KM Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri rail line for commercial operation as well as the ancillary facilities yard at the recently named Goodluck Jonathan Railway Complex in Agbor (Owa-Oyibu), Delta State.

At the virtual opening of the rail line linking Itakpe to Warri, President Buhari directed the Federal Ministry of Transportation to link all the nation’s ports of origin and destination – Apapa, Tin Can, Warri, Onne, Calabar Ports – to the rail network in order to significantly improve overall transportation and economic capacities.

I think all the rail project will connect at a point

Nice development, Buhari has done well. If previous governments did this much, maybe there will already be room for Lagos rail service.

2 Likes

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by morgstreme: 11:39am On Oct 08, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
...Funny how you resorted to insults.
They only approved that money after Wike blasted Amechi over the construction of rail lines to Niger Republic and asked him to mention his achievements in Rivers state since he became a minister.
You are free to throw more insults but I won't reply back with same manner.
Thank you sir.

You are such a LIAR!!!

And an Unintelligent, uninformed young brat..

Stop exposing your ignorance online..

What are you?14?

1 Like

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by seunmsg(m): 11:39am On Oct 08, 2020
TruthinAction:

It's part of the hidden agenda. It will be easier for the terrorist to invade Port Harcourt when it is completed. I am surprised that the people of Rivers state are not crying out against the project. Maidiguri is not a state of interest to us. We are just too mute and timid to a fault.

Are you aware that the railway will pass through Enugu, Umuahia and Aba before entering Port Harcourt? So you see, if there is going to be any outcry, it should come from you Igbo people because the terrorist coming from maiduguri will reach Igbo land first before entering PH.

1 Like

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by agabusta: 11:44am On Oct 08, 2020
SocialJustice:
I know it is, my question is what is the economic importance compared to Lagos? Lagosians deserve the right to live without traffic. If traffic is solved in Lagos, it will make the place a lot more better to live.

Let Lagos state govt cater for that! So when Lagos is a lot more better to live, all of us should pack our load and go and live in Lagos?

The FG is for everybody.

All the states in the Federation has a right to be linked with others by road and rail to be funded by the FG.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by orijo1980: 11:48am On Oct 08, 2020
May it not be diverted to different angle like that mambila hydroelectric power
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Nyanabo(m): 11:48am On Oct 08, 2020
Realtalk20:

You see why I say the Nigerian education system has failed you all? You guys aren't taught basic cognitive process and analytical reasoning.. I said we don't need trains clearly hoping you would link that to my previous comment where I explicitly stated we don't need a link via rail between ph and maiduguri..but alas that was too much intellectual effort for you wasn't it ?

I really need to be managing my expectations when dealing with Nigerians I have been spoiled with interacting with humans of a higher specie to whom analytical reasoning is the basic norm for them.

So I apologise for setting the bar so high that you can't meet

Apologise well received kind sir, My Impression about you still stands you are a shameful person. In your first statement you said trains are not useful if there were to be good roads but once you received backlash for such ignorant statement you recanted on your statement how pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Abbamasta(m): 11:50am On Oct 08, 2020
chatinent:

Source: https://punchng.com/fg-okays-3-02bn-for-reconstruction-of-port-harcourt-maiduguri-rail-line/
these rail lines will strengthen the unity of Nigeria and when completed northerners will travel to the South more than ever before.

2 Likes

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Fariq: 11:50am On Oct 08, 2020
Biodun556:

Get Nigerian map look at states between Portharcourt and Maiduguri. The news is telling you the beginning and terminal of the rail. All the states between will benefit.

Lagos Ibadan rail is not just for the two states mentioned. Ogun states is there with train stations and even tunnel

Its not Lagos Ibadan but rather Lagos Kano. The Lagos Ibadan is just a segment of Lagos Kano, so as Abuja Kaduna.

2 Likes

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by agabusta: 11:50am On Oct 08, 2020
Realtalk20:

I meant at that point ph to maiduguri

It's a waste instead do from maiduguri to Lagos

So Maiduguri to Lagos which will not interlink the SE cities is more important than Port Harcourt to Maiduguri??

Are you guys okay at all?

If it is this Maiduguri to Lagos that was announced, you lots will still be crying all over. Humans are just too difficult to please.

1 Like

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Realtalk20: 11:51am On Oct 08, 2020
Nyanabo:

Apologise well received kind sir, My Impression about you still stands you are a shameful person. In your first statement you said trains are not useful if there were to be good roads but once you received backlash for such ignorant statement you recanted on your statement how pathetic.

Smh

Backlash? Only you and one person highlighted this meanwhile my post has been liked numerous times meaning more.people than the two of you understood..

You really are dense aren't you ? grin
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by agabusta: 11:51am On Oct 08, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
...Funny how you resorted to insults.
They only approved that money after Wike blasted Amechi over the construction of rail lines to Niger Republic and asked him to mention his achievements in Rivers state since he became a minister.
You are free to throw more insults but I won't reply back with same manner.
Thank you sir.

You give too much credit to Wike.

Wike himself would be pleasantly surprised.
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Realtalk20: 11:53am On Oct 08, 2020
agabusta:

So Maiduguri to Lagos which will not interlink the SE cities is more important than Port Harcourt to Maiduguri??

Are you guys okay at all?

If it is this Maiduguri to Lagos that was announced, you lots will still be crying all over. Humans are just too difficult to please.

I want to plead with you not to quote me again, not because your argument is inferior but the mind from which it comes is obviously and no matter how hard I try to simplify my point I fear you may not get it.
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Biodun556(m): 11:53am On Oct 08, 2020
Fariq:

Its not Lagos Ibadan but rather Lagos Kano. The Lagos Ibadan is just a segment of Lagos Kano, so as Abuja Kaduna.

Good
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by misterjosh(m): 11:55am On Oct 08, 2020
Good development, but one key thing I noticed was that no predicted timeframes were mentioned for the project.
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Princepk212(m): 11:55am On Oct 08, 2020
Do you know Borno state is the fastest growing economic state up North before the insurgency and despite the continues devastating effect of the insurgency the people still push on doing their normal business. What they need is support. Borno is not rendered useless as you are told by the media Borno is a nice and great place with great people too. if at this stage you still envy Borno, seriously you need a heart because what is running in your chest is a mechanical chip not human.

#Borno will be great again.
#Say no to Nepotism, Tribalism, Sectionalism
#Unreasonable hatred.

2 Likes

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Nyanabo(m): 11:56am On Oct 08, 2020
Realtalk20:

Smh

Backlash? Only you and one person highlighted this meanwhile my post has been liked numerous times meaning more.people than the two of you understood..

You really are dense aren't you ? grin

Its your likes who will do such kind sir,

I'm done with you ! grin

1 Like

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Fariq: 11:57am On Oct 08, 2020
Romanoff:

I understand. But my point is, what economic value does it add to extend the rail as far as Maiduguri?

Nigeria is not your fathers village. Whether there is economic value or not the railway will extend to Maiduguri. People of Maiduguri are Nigerians and deserve to be connected by rail. Hypocrite you want rail in your region but not in other regions. And you have the mouth to be shouting marginalization when you are worst.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by 9gerian: 11:58am On Oct 08, 2020
Makes sense.

However, I’m sure there are other towns and states that need opening up and access to rail for their economic and other developments etc

Romanoff:

Abuja to port Harcourt is good, Abuja to Lagos is okay, Abuja to the east is fine cause Abuja is the Centre of Nigeria but Maiduguri?

I don't get the rationale behind it.
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Realtalk20: 11:59am On Oct 08, 2020
Nyanabo:

Its your likes who will do such kind sir,

I'm done with you ! grin
..check your grammar and correct this pls
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Chirowman(m): 12:00pm On Oct 08, 2020
Good
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by CountryTireMan(m): 12:00pm On Oct 08, 2020
Romanoff:

I didn't even know there were old rail way lines in Maiduguri. I assumed only from Kaduna to Kano had the rail lines. The old ones I mean.
The old railway line passes through my area in Maiduguri (Shuwari Area), my dad use to send goods through it to port harcourt during the good old days.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Murders", Death Threats & Indiscriminate Arrests: Post-lekki Shooting Cover Up / Anambra 2021: INEC Reschedules Voting In Ihiala Local Government Area / Nigeria Won’t Float Naira, Emefiele Tells IMF, World Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.