Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,825 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App (3340 Views)

Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul / Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand / Facebook And Instagram To Begin Closing Down Accounts Of Under-aged Children. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by beejayvince(m): 11:44pm On Oct 07, 2020
Social media applications are very popular among teenagers in the United States. Some of the most popular of these include Snapchat, Instagram, and TikTok. Snapchat is the most popular of all. This is followed by TikTok after the Chinese video app recently surpassed Instagram to become the second favorite social media application among American teenagers.

According to Piper Sandler’s data, 34% of American teenagers ranked Snapchat as their favorite social application. TikTok comes second with 29% while Instagram is now third with 25% of Americans choosing it as their favorite social application.

The report did not fail to show that actual usage is a different story. In terms of usage, Instagram comes first with 84% engagement. This is followed by Snapchat with 80%. TikTok comes third in this regard with 69%.

TikTok has been steadily gaining market share among American teenagers. This is obviously a threat to other social applications. To tackle this, Facebook released Reels back in August. Reels allows users to make short video clips, lip-sync, dance, and perform sketches. However, it has not gained as much traction as Facebook expected.

https://www.smartphonecamp.com/tiktok-surpasses-instagram-to-become-the-second-favorite-social-app-among-american-teenagers/

2 Likes

Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by Elmuhammadi(m): 11:45pm On Oct 07, 2020
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by otis54(m): 11:58pm On Oct 07, 2020
Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by WoundedLamb: 1:03am On Oct 08, 2020
OP, correct paragraph two, line three:

According to Piper Sandler’s data, 34% of American teenagers ranked Snapchat as their favorite social application. Snapchat comes second with 29% while Instagram is now third with 25% of Americans choosing it as their favorite social application.

The word in bold is probably an error and that makes all the difference.

3 Likes

Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by Memberclub(m): 6:54am On Oct 08, 2020
Zuckerberg is mad. Haha
Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:45am On Oct 08, 2020
Chinese tiktok is taking over

3 Likes

Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by Vyzz: 7:54am On Oct 08, 2020
Wow
Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by abumeinben(m): 10:04am On Oct 08, 2020
Dear Tiktok,

Get ready for a buy out/acquisition.... grin
Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by Coldie(m): 11:05am On Oct 08, 2020
Tiktok won't last. This is the same initial gra gra Snapchat displayed, where are they now?

Zuckerberg offered to buy Snapchat $9billion the owner refused, Zuck goes back and introduces IG stories, we all know what happened Snapchat is nowhere to be found.

Right now IG has introduced reels, its just like tiktok but most people don't know how to use it

6 Likes

Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by Flytime: 11:17am On Oct 08, 2020
Coldie:
Tiktok won't last. This is the same initial gra gra Snapchat displayed, where are they now?

Zuckerberg offered to buy Snapchat $9billion the owner refused, Zuck goes back and introduces IG stories, we all know what happened Snapchat is nowhere to be found.

Right now IG has introduced reels, its just like tiktok but most people don't know how to use it
people still use snapchat,not just as before plus this statistics is for america not the world

If it's the world facebook by a long margin would be leading followed by instagram then maybe snapchat or twitter (most likely twitter)plus it was a survey for teenagers

4 Likes

Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by omoiyalayi(m): 11:18am On Oct 08, 2020
Mark Zach go buy am be dat

D guy no dey like competition
Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by Coldie(m): 11:20am On Oct 08, 2020
Flytime:
people still use snapchat,not just as before plus this statistics is for america not the world

If it's the world facebook by a long margin would be leading followed by instagram then maybe snapchat or twitter (most likely twitter)
Tiktok won't last, anything that hardly goes global can't stay for long
Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by LikeAking: 11:25am On Oct 08, 2020
Flytime:

If it's the world facebook by a long margin would be leading followed by instagram then maybe snapchat or twitter (most likely twitter)

Even Facebook is fading gradually.
People don they tire for facebook,they want something new.

1 Like

Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by Flytime: 11:43am On Oct 08, 2020
Coldie:

Tiktok won't last, anything that hardly goes global can't stay for long
LikeAking:

Even Facebook is fading gradually.
People don they tire for facebook,they want something new.
one of the things keeping snapchat standing is it's one of a kind filters Instagram can't copy to avoid a law suit plus you don't need to give someone your number which you'll need to do if it were to whatsapp and if you don't want the person seeing your pictures (IG) till you're comfortable with them to an extent

Tiktok on the other hand is like snapchat because snapchat discover section is like tiktok,the only difference is that tiktok implemented it better with the use of hashtags, trending videos and challenges and the likes plus it made alot of people tiktok famous in a short period of time unlike snapchat that shows mostly local celebrities and lacks most of what tiktok has

If not for the quick adding of people to chat, snapchat would probably be dead because not alot of people use filters like before and every other features it has have been implemented better except bitmoji which facebook is already competing with

3 Likes

Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by SnOOpERr: 12:50pm On Oct 08, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
Chinese tiktok is taking over

Kilon dun e ninu?
Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by Evect(m): 1:25pm On Oct 08, 2020
undecided
Omo I still prefer my Instagram anytime, any day O..
The kind tik tok no dey even give me Joy angry

Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by Simeony007(m): 3:44pm On Oct 08, 2020
Zuckerberg is coming to buy
Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by mytime24(f): 4:00pm On Oct 08, 2020
d Indians nd Americans made

tik tok so popular embarassed

I no even get d app cheesy
Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by ElValiente(m): 4:24pm On Oct 08, 2020
Team Twitter anyday. Hit like Tweeties grin

2 Likes

Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by Hintona(f): 5:42pm On Oct 08, 2020
I still don't find anything interesting on Tiktok

Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 5:52pm On Oct 08, 2020
Hintona:
I still don't find anything interesting on Tiktok
How would u find? when u are boring
Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by seanwilliam(m): 6:38pm On Oct 08, 2020
Like for Instagram share for tik tok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by Hintona(f): 7:35pm On Oct 08, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
How would u find? when u are boring

What is the meaning of this now? are you one of those delusional Redpillers/Alpha males that followed me from the romance section?
Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:41pm On Oct 08, 2020
Hintona:

What is the meaning of this now? are you one of those delusional Redpillers/Alpha males that followed me from the romance section?
I kill broke hoes

1 Like

Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by beejayvince(m): 7:09pm On Oct 10, 2020
WoundedLamb:
OP, correct paragraph two, line three:

According to Piper Sandler’s data, 34% of American teenagers ranked Snapchat as their favorite social application. Snapchat comes second with 29% while Instagram is now third with 25% of Americans choosing it as their favorite social application.

The word in bold is probably an error and that makes all the difference.
That's true. Thank you. Corrected.
Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by burtonalex: 3:08pm On Jan 21, 2023
I am glad that TikTok is so popular. My sister wants to become a TikTok blogger
Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by davidblack007(m): 3:14pm On Jan 21, 2023
I've seen such headlines many times before. And I'm not surprised by TT's popularity. This app immerses you in another world. I can't stop scrolling through endless funny videos. It makes me feel better. I can spend more than 2р in the app. I checked this in the screen time. IG has implemented Reels, but it's still not as cool as in TT. So this is the app in which I want to create content. I even buy comments at https://iamat.com/buy-tiktok-comments/ to make my account more notable. People trust bloggers who have a lot of subscribers and comments. And the algorithm sends my videos in Recommendations thanks to this.
Re: Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App by marticlinton: 3:50am On Apr 15, 2023
Snaptik is a popular online tool that allows users to download and save videos from TikTok without the need for any additional software or installation. The tool provides a simple and straightforward interface, making it easy for users to navigate and download their favorite TikTok videos. One of the key features of Snaptik is its ease of use. Please check and try https://id.snaptik/ , To download a TikTok video, all users need to do is copy the link to the video they want to save and paste it into the Snaptik search box. The tool then automatically generates a download link that users can click to save the video to their device. Another great feature of Snaptik is its compatibility with multiple devices and platforms. The tool can be used on both desktop and mobile devices, making it accessible to a wide range of users. Additionally, Snaptik works with all popular web browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. In addition to its basic video download functionality, Snaptik also offers several advanced features. For example, users can choose to download videos in various resolutions, from standard definition to high definition. The tool also supports batch downloads, allowing users to download multiple TikTok videos at once. Overall, Snaptik is a reliable and easy-to-use tool that provides a convenient way for users to download and save TikTok videos. With its broad compatibility and advanced features, Snaptik is a great choice for anyone looking to save their favorite TikTok content for offline viewing.

(1) (Reply)

9Mobile 1GB Data For Just N200 Or Get 5GB For 1k (ramadan Special Offer) / Thanks To Nairalanders. A Token Of Appreciation / Blackberry To Stop Making Phones In 2016?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.