Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,140 members, 7,780,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:16 AM

Intel Reveals 11th Generation Rocket Lake Cpus, Out In 2021 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Intel Reveals 11th Generation Rocket Lake Cpus, Out In 2021 (222 Views)

Lady Who Cleans Up Jabi Lake, Kick-starts Tree Planting Exercise In Abuja / Accident At Oguta Lake, Imo Involving Tipper & Motorcycle. 3 Dead (Graphic Pics) / Leaf Aeroplane: Say Hi If You Did It, Indomie Generation Won't Understand "Lol" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Intel Reveals 11th Generation Rocket Lake Cpus, Out In 2021 by miniming: 4:46am On Oct 08, 2020
Intel Reveals 11th Generation Rocket Lake CPUs, Out In 2021

A day before AMD is scheduled to announce its own new line of CPUs, Intel is stealing some of the attention with Rocket Lake.

On the eve of AMD revealing its next-generation Zen 3 CPUs, Intel has officially announced its new desktop CPUs that will be coming to market in early 2021.

The 11th generation chips, dubbed Rocket Lake, aren't being revealed in detail just yet, with Intel saying more specifications on the new CPUs will be coming soon. In the announcement the company does, however, point to its success with its current generation of CPUs, despite still being built on a 14nm process for desktop chips.

It's unclear if Intel is finally moving to 10nm for desktop with Rocket Lake and what this might entail for the company's single-core performance dominance, but the announcement does confirm that the new CPUs will finally add support for PCIe 4.0. This means you'll be able to run new PCIe 4.0 expansion cards and SSDs on Intel boards soon, after AMD added support for it with its current generation Ryzen 3000 CPUs.

AMD is announcing its new Zen 3 CPUs during a livestream tomorrow, with desktop versions of the Ryzen 4000 series expected to be revealed. AMD has come back in the CPU market in a big way, with a focus on affordable multi-core processors that are exceptional for content creation and only slightly behind Intel on single-core performance for games.

Got a news tip : slotxo
Re: Intel Reveals 11th Generation Rocket Lake Cpus, Out In 2021 by meobizy(f): 8:02am On Oct 08, 2020
The funny thing is, for the most important tasks, a Core Duo 2 is more than enough. I have a laptop from 2005 which serves as my workstation (school work as at 2010 and typing comments on forums of recent. Sometimes I create write-ups to keep my grammar-construction skills sharp.) The only thing which stresses the device is H265 video decompression above 720p. Browsing the internet is now becoming a chore to it, but why stress the machine when my phone is always handy?

(1) (Reply)

Money-making Secret I Wish I Knew in January!!!! / Uzodimma Performs Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Eke-ukwu Market / Herbal Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.