Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,810 members, 7,798,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG (21483 Views)

George Weah Declares Tuition Free In Public Universities In Liberia / ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities / Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by Wealthyone: 10:59am On Oct 08, 2020
jolyment:

What's bad in writing journals? Some journals are charging 100dollars to publish articles.We have many of them who have discovered something, Obaleye in Unilorin is a good example. For them to discover something, they need better working conditions.

Most of the so-called journals are plagiarized. The have never protested the current state of the universities which they actually embezzled the monies apportioned for that. They always resist external audit and hardly remit to the government. They are part of the problem.

1 Like

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by bigiyaro(m): 11:00am On Oct 08, 2020
Mowsid:
Enough of this ASUU and FG failed agreement and deliberation, both are to be blame, everybody for their own selfish interest. Meanwhile FG advised ASUU to consider farming grin
yes nah! that's the best advice from this clueless govt so far, all the universities of agriculture in Nigeria should be able to feed 3-4 million Nigerians, but I have not seen food produced by any Nigerian uni.

3 Likes

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by bigiyaro(m): 11:02am On Oct 08, 2020
very stupld set of old men, professors my ass.
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by 9jatriot(m): 11:02am On Oct 08, 2020
That amount will be paid to him even for the 6 months or more that he has been on strike, no deduction what so ever.
At the end of his career, he will get gratuity right? after that he will be on life pension on a salary till they die. Tell me any other non government organization that you know that pays life pension. I am waiting.
renzie:
I feel so sad for my country. I can't believe this is coming from a Minister of Education. His statement hi as exposed his mindset. He is arrogantly displaying ignorance. Sometimes it is better to be silent, at least you can be mistaken to be wise. He has made us know that he has no value for education. He believes Govt is spending too much on University Lecturers. How much does a Nigerian Professor earn? A Prof. earns about be #450,000 multiply this by the 10,500 Professors he mentioned and that gives you the amount that our Minister of be Education considers as too much. I am so ashamed that he is from the South. an Igbo man. He is making me believe the Igbos don't have be value for Education.

1 Like

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by 9jatriot(m): 11:03am On Oct 08, 2020
Exactly.
bigiyaro:
yes nah! that's the best advice from this clueless govt so far, all the universities of agriculture in Nigeria should be able to feed 3-4 million Nigerians, but I have not seen food produced by any Nigerian uni.
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by Johnson5258: 11:04am On Oct 08, 2020
You seems not to understand, educational sector isn't generating fund, lecturers want high pay, students want subsidized fees, I don't get, where do you want government to get money? Oil that we depend upon don cast, lecturers holding unto more than one jobs, that could have reduced our unemployment rate. NNPC is generating money, if he wants oyel money, he should go and work with oyel company. ASUU is petty.

flyingpig:
Govt that means well for the future must budget more for education sector. That is the simple truth.

3 Likes

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by jolyment: 11:04am On Oct 08, 2020
[quote author=Wealthyone post=94726621]

Most of the so-called journals are plagiarized. The have never protested the current state of the universities which they actually embezzled the monies apportioned for that. They always resist external audit and hardly remit to the government. They are part of the problem.

Before they can publish any article,it has to pass plagiarism test. ASUU has told FG to investigate universities via visitation panels. But FG refused.

1 Like

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by jolyment: 11:07am On Oct 08, 2020
9jatriot:
I don't understand this question. The employer (FG) may have decided to exempt CBN or me from IPPIS, but has said ASU(N) should be on IPPIS, that is the prerogative of the employer.
Some countries have their embassy in Abuja, some have in Lagos, some have in the two, some don't even have, can you dictate for them where they should locate their embassy for example?

A lecturer in Nigeria is entitled to supervision allowances,excess workload allowances etc. ASUU wants these things to be in IPPIS .FG said nooooo.

2 Likes

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by jolyment: 11:12am On Oct 08, 2020
9jatriot:
That amount will be paid to him even for the 6 months or more that he has been on strike, no deduction what so ever.
At the end of his career, he will get gratuity right? after that he will be on life pension on a salary till they die. Tell me any other non government organization that you know that pays life pension. I am waiting.

This opportunity is for professors only, judges and permanent secretaries have similar opportunities.

1 Like

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by 9jatriot(m): 11:15am On Oct 08, 2020
You know this is not true ma/sir. Every civil servant in Nigeria is entitle to gratuity and life time pension. This is not even arguable.

jolyment:

This opportunity is for professors only, judges and permanent secretaries have similar opportunities.

1 Like

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by CodeTemplar: 11:18am On Oct 08, 2020
LaIabobo:
Budget more for education. Because our profs are still much underpaid.

The education sector returns into the economy is so little. The quality of end product too low to be demanding more funds.

1 Like

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by Freestainworld(m): 11:18am On Oct 08, 2020
Mowsid:
Enough of this ASUU and FG failed agreement and deliberation, both are to be blame, everybody for their own selfish interest. Meanwhile FG advised ASUU to consider farming grin
it will s favouring the tertiary institution staffs, they use the opportunity to go about their personal business, in everything the grass which is the students suffers.

1 Like

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by 9jatriot(m): 11:19am On Oct 08, 2020
Excess workload indeed.
This is ASU(N)'s version and I do not believe it, because the millitary also have various allowances and I believe they have been captured on IPPIS.
I am just looking at a bank like GTB tells all her staff that they should register on one platform to receive next month salary and you as a staff will start forming strike. It can't happen. If you do not like IPPIS, go and work in Shell or other private universities not here dictating for your employer.
All serious universities in the world are involved in one way or the other about COVID, these ones de form strike.

jolyment:

A lecturer in Nigeria is entitled to supervision allowances, [b]excess workload allowance[/b]s etc. ASUU wants these things to be in IPPIS .FG said nooooo.
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by Hassanmaye(m): 11:20am On Oct 08, 2020
Insha Allah my children will never attend public ASUU universities, I will spend anything for them to study in private universities.
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by jolyment: 11:20am On Oct 08, 2020
9jatriot:
You know this is not true ma/sir. Every civil servant in Nigeria is entitle to gratuity and life time pension. This is not even arguable.

I am talking about monthly pension equivalent to their salary after retirement.

1 Like

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 08, 2020
Professors by title.
Most of them earn from 3 schools simultaneously.

Most are coconut head professors who are only good at bragging about their useless accumulated paper degrees.

Another thing they're very good at is extortion of students, sex for grades and witch hunting.

If you wonder why we have plenty professors yet can't develope anything meaningful, I will tell you it is because the lazy professors push all the research work to students then rush to publish it when it sounds a bit convincing, without being sure if it really works.

How many Nigerian professors are making meaningful global impacts?

Mad professors and mad government

1 Like

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by kilonshele101(m): 11:23am On Oct 08, 2020
jolyment:
[/quote]

So Harvard lecturers can't buy car? Lies

Go back to my post and read it again. I said "many cars"

My HoD has 6 cars mostly bought with tetfund/research money
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by edoairways: 11:23am On Oct 08, 2020
DennisEche:
PROFESSORS IN TITLE. PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN USING GENERATION TO GENERATION TOPICS TO TEACH STUDENTS
There have been some changes in the curriculum of some courses so don't generalize things
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by DennisEche(m): 11:25am On Oct 08, 2020
edoairways:

There have been some changes in the curriculum of some courses so don't generalize things
WHAT HAPPENS TO OTHERS AND YOU WANT NIGERIA TO BE GREAT IN RESEARCH AND SCIENTIFIC BREAK THROUGH
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by 9jatriot(m): 11:25am On Oct 08, 2020
Can you imagine? so even the so called prof on strike will get a full salary at the end of their working days and you or someone was saying "their salary is just...", something you will keep earning for life when you have finished active service and can be cruising the world. That is a wage bill for the future leaders to carry yet more that 25% of the life cycle of ASUU is spent on strikes.

The kids are at home right now because of ASUU who will get their salary, who pays for the lost time of these children? What of if their sponsor dies or can no longer meet their obligations because ASUU kept them at home beyond when they had the financial muscle to handle the expenses.

jolyment:

I am talking about monthly pension equivalent to their salary after retirement.

2 Likes

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by jolyment: 11:27am On Oct 08, 2020
9jatriot:
Excess workload indeed.
This is ASU(N)'s version and I do not believe it, because the millitary also have various allowances and I believe they have been captured on IPPIS.
I am just looking at a bank like GTB tells all her staff that they should register on one platform to receive next month salary and you as a staff will start forming strike. It can't happen. If you do not like IPPIS, go and work in Shell or other private universities not here dictating for your employer.
All serious universities in the world are involved in one way or the other about COVID, these ones de form strike.

The allowances are not captured brother. The reason why SSANU are mow on warning strike.
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by jolyment: 11:29am On Oct 08, 2020
kilonshele101:

So Harvard lecturers can't buy car? Lies

Go back to my post and read it again. I said "many cars"

My HoD has 6 cars

Your HOD may have other sources of income.

1 Like

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by 9jatriot(m): 11:31am On Oct 08, 2020
Even though I struggle to take your word for it, but ASUU cannot be more powerful than their employer, every system has its challenges initially, but it can be fine tuned as the work continues, not that you still at home, collect full salary just and reject your employer's mode of payment.
Those issues can always be resolved.
jolyment:

The allowances are not captured brother. The reason why SSANU are mow on warning strike.
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by jolyment: 11:31am On Oct 08, 2020
9jatriot:
Excess workload indeed.

You want them to conduct research on coro, when you don't have molecular biology lab in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by jolyment: 11:33am On Oct 08, 2020
9jatriot:
Even though I struggle to take your word for it, but ASUU cannot be more powerful than their employer, every system has its challenges initially, but it can be fine tuned as the work continues, not that you still at home, collect full salary just and reject your employer's mode of payment.
Those issues can always be resolved.

Okay
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 08, 2020
9jatriot:
Yes, give their job to a contractor, let that contractor employ them and see if they will not be better behaved. Banks, Oil and Gas companies use that model and jobs get done very quickly.

Go on strike for 6 months and yet receive salary, not as if they know anything.
Look at other universities in the world trying to be the first to come up with vaccine for COVID, these ones de on strike.

Will you provide funding for the research? if you have at least a B.Sc, you know how much it costs just to complete a project. Do not just blame the lecturers, i know there are bad eggs among them but it takes 15 years to become a prof after your PhD. Many of them are far better academically than those who go overseas for their studies. Its cos you see them here that's why you think they're blockheads. Don't you see the great strides nigerians overseas are making? That should tell you something.

4 Likes

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by TruthinAction: 11:34am On Oct 08, 2020
Where does all the school fees collected go to? Is it part of the revenue to fund the budget?
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by 9jatriot(m): 11:43am On Oct 08, 2020
When I am not drunk? The first thing they will do with the money is to go and buy a car.
If they were even doing low budget research, they could have made a case for more money. The small one they are being given are not producing results
Thiwalade:

Will you provide funding for the research? if you have at least a B.Sc, you know how much it costs just to complete a project. Do not just blame the lecturers, i know there are bad eggs among them but it takes 15 years to become a prof after your PhD. Many of them are far better academically than those who go overseas for their studies. Its cos you see them here that's why you think they're blockheads. Don't you see the great strides nigerians overseas are making? That should tell you something.

1 Like

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by 9jatriot(m): 11:45am On Oct 08, 2020
So the labs they have cannot be used to even do anything, so what are they teaching and collecting the allowances you were talking about for then?
Let's assume that Coro is above their head, what of engineering, software and ICT development? What of agriculture (improving yield per plot?

jolyment:

You want them to conduct research on coro, when you don't have molecular biology lab in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by Sondeo(m): 11:45am On Oct 08, 2020
Government should do the needful. Our children have stay too long at hpme
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by orijo1980: 11:54am On Oct 08, 2020
Niger for u every body is a gigantic thief
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by rezy15(m): 11:55am On Oct 08, 2020
shevy878:
Useless old prof doing nothing & earning fat salary
How much do professors earn?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The 7 Things I Did In Order To Understand My Lecturer In Class / About Admission In Kano State Poly / 5 Easy Ways To Be A 1st Class Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.