Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge (20484 Views)

Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights / FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations / FG Announces Five Airports To Be Reopened By June 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by adenigga(m): 7:45am On Oct 08, 2020
PUBLIC NOTICE: The first total closure of the section of the bridge between Adekunle and Adeniji Adele will be from midnight of Friday, 9th October, 2020 to midnight of Sunday, 11th October 2020 for the first stage of casting works. No movement or vibrations on the bridge are allowed at this stage hence the closure.
#tmbrehab
https://twitter.com/efiwecreations/status/1314164635071897601?s=21

The Federal Government has announced its plan to completely close a section of the Third Mainland Bridge for repairs within two days.

This was announced yesterday in a statement by the Federal Controller of Works, Lagos, Joshua Popoola.

The total closure of the section between Adekunle and Adeniji Adele will take place from midnight of Friday, October 9 to midnight of Sunday, October 11 to allow the contractor complete the first stage of casting works.

The statement explained that the contractor currently carrying out repairs on the bridge, Messrs Borini Prono & Co. (Nig.) Ltd, is nearing completion of works on the closed section of Third Mainland Bridge and requires the total closure of both bounds of the bridge between Adeniji Adele and Adekunle to complete the work.

“The total closure of this section of the bridge is to ensure that there is no vibration on the bridge during the casting in-place of the newly installed expansion joints. This is to allow for setting of the special concrete, which allows the concrete to achieve its required compressive strength,” the statement read in part.

Due to the number of expansion joints to be cast on the closed section of the bridge and the traffic situation in Lagos, especially during week days, the casting of the expansion joints would be in two stages to ensure that the total closure is only at weekends, when there is less traffic plying the route.

The second total closure of the section of the bridge would be communicated at a later date. The section between Adekunle and Iyana-Oworo would still remain open, and traffic could move from Ebute-Metta/Adekunle to Iyana-Oworo and vice versa.

Regretting the inconveniences that the closure would cause, the controller said traffic management personnel would be in place on all the alternative routes to help with traffic flow.

Recall that the Third Mainland Bridge was partially shut on July 24 for another round of rehabilitation works. The repair is expected to last six months with the construction divided into two phases of three months on each carriageway, starting with the Oworonsoki-bound carriageway.

Traffic was partially diverted on a stretch of 3.5km where construction is ongoing between Adeniji Adeniji Ramp and Ebute-Meta, while different time belts were allotted for traffic diversions on the bridge. The 11.8km bridge is the longest of the three bridges connecting Lagos Island to the Mainland.

https://t.guardian.ng/news/fg-announces-two-day-total-shutdown-of-third-mainland-bridge/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by akinmusi(m): 7:55am On Oct 08, 2020
There is an expression that Nigeria is a timed bomb waiting to explode.

I don't pray so.

Meanwhile, I will design, print and brand for you with 3D logo graphics and hyper realistic concepts.

Kindly check my signature below with the link and my work archives.

friday2011:

If you dont have any reasonable thing to say, quietly market your services and take a bow...

Wetin.

ILoveDemMANNA:

All because they are repairing the bridge for the betterment of Nigerians?
But why is it that it is only negative, bad, sad news that makes you happy in this life?
Is this the way you live your life offline also?
Kontinue o, don't stop pls.

Ask the op. That was not what he posted. It was about the new inland port in South East. Why y'all coming at me. Op changed the topic.

Kindly verify.

5 Likes

Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by ignis: 12:28pm On Oct 08, 2020
Just 2 days? Why not upto a week?
Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by hakeem4(m): 12:29pm On Oct 08, 2020
akinmusi:
[s]There is an expression that Nigeria is a timed bomb waiting to explode.
[/s]
I don't pray so.

Meanwhile, I will design, print and brand for you with 3D logo graphics and hyper realistic concepts.

Kindly check my signature below with the link and my work archives.
How is the maintenance of a bridge an indication that nigeria is a bad country?

49 Likes

Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by tobtap: 12:29pm On Oct 08, 2020
make dem fix am well oo.. it is well
Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by RenaissanceGuy: 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2020
Hh
Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by TechyMm0: 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2020
Good
Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2020

Recall that the Third Mainland Bridge was partially shut on July 24 for another round of rehabilitation works. The repair is expected to last six months with the construction divided into two phases of three months on each carriageway, starting with the Oworonsoki-bound carriageway.

Baba is working 247..

Nigeria will get there...

God bless us all..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by RenaissanceGuy: 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2020
This is why our federalism is total balderdash. FG has no power to do that. This should be coming from the state govt, even if it is the FG that's paying for the repairs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by Checked86: 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2020
akinmusi:

I don't pray so.

Kindly check my signature below with the link and my work archives. Your quote is not best fit here.
Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by Queenlovely(f): 12:31pm On Oct 08, 2020
federal government is working abi fashola wants to prolong his legacy.

how many times have they repaired onitsha bridge.

but the Yoruba should keep smiling to the bank.

Lagos must be depopulated, a deep sea port in igbo land will make Lagos a ghetto.

igbo land will be the new Mecca, with hausa struggling to learn igbo by force.

#i have a dream

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by noble71(m): 12:31pm On Oct 08, 2020
shocked
The traffic will be hell!
Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by Jirehz(m): 12:31pm On Oct 08, 2020
sad
Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by Oluwauchebest(m): 12:31pm On Oct 08, 2020
I no even know where this bridge dey self

I go try reach Lagos next month

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by centilad(m): 12:31pm On Oct 08, 2020
And the over 3hr traffic every 12 - 9pm gets directed to which locations?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 08, 2020
U
Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by beautyhd: 12:32pm On Oct 08, 2020
Ok

Living on the mainland and working on the island this period that work is ongoing on thirdmainland bridge is enough suffering.

5 Likes

Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 08, 2020
Help yourself out

Sha fix am well
Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by Sleekfingers: 12:32pm On Oct 08, 2020
Good. But make dem do fast o....the traffic is getting too much oooooo......i have stopped driving to work o....just wasting fuel money......

2 Likes

Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by Sabadon(m): 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2020
bomboclat
Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by ILoveDemMANNA: 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2020
It's all good. No pain, No gain.
Pot wey wan cook better soup, him yansh go out.
I commend the FG for this.

1 Like

Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by Raskasal(m): 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2020
hakeem4:

How is the maintenance of a bridge an indication that nigeria is a bad country?

He probably wanted some likes. And I wonder those who'd like such delusional comment.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by ILoveDemMANNA: 12:34pm On Oct 08, 2020
akinmusi:
All because they are repairing the bridge for the betterment of Nigerians?
But why is it that it is only negative, bad, sad news that makes you happy in this life?
Is this the way you live your life offline also?
Kontinue o, don't stop pls.

4 Likes

Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by 0taPiaPia(m): 12:35pm On Oct 08, 2020
A good time not to be in Lagos cry

My only problem with this project is that the bridge at contain should have been opened up/ the bridge that connects Alaka to eko bridge should have been opened too before touching the 3mb. This is like closing all your doors and using your windows for exit. It’s mad out there.
Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2020
angry Omo igbos won't see where to hawk gala and coke

1 Like

Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by Opeyemi95(m): 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2020
grin. Its okay as long as it will help strengthen the structure. I just hope it won't last longer than 3 days

I design a website for 9,000 only. Call 0802,860,9484
Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by jericco1(m): 12:39pm On Oct 08, 2020
The reparations are becoming funny.
They should better be done ASAP before I get back undecided
Re: FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:40pm On Oct 08, 2020
Ok. It is noted.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra Airport: Smart Adeyemi Leads Aviation Committee To Site (Photos) / Payloader Crashes On Vehicles At Berger, Lagos After Falling Off A Bridge / Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.