Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,405 members, 7,781,177 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:14 AM

Australia To Require English Test For Foreign Spouses Seeking Visas - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Australia To Require English Test For Foreign Spouses Seeking Visas (565 Views)

English Test: Duolingo Now Accepted? / Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days / Drop Box Visa Applicants Say U.S. Is Revoking And Cancelling Valid Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Australia To Require English Test For Foreign Spouses Seeking Visas by donaldeke(m): 8:04am On Oct 08, 2020
Foreign spouses and partners of Australians will have to pass an English language test before they will be issued a visa to stay in the country permanently, according to acting immigration minister Alan Tudge

The government said on Thursday that the move would help new arrivals settle in Australia.

The test would also apply to current permanent residents, who are not citizens.

“We will require an applicant and a sponsor to have met functional level English or to have at least made reasonable efforts to learn English,” Tudge told national broadcaster ABC on Thursday.

“For most people that would mean doing about 500 hours of free English language classes,” the minister added.

https://www.reporterswall.com/australia-to-require-english-test-for-foreign-spouses-seeking-visas/

Re: Australia To Require English Test For Foreign Spouses Seeking Visas by Froshloaded: 4:16pm On Oct 08, 2020
Okay undecided
Re: Australia To Require English Test For Foreign Spouses Seeking Visas by ausdirect: 7:49am On Oct 17, 2020
There are also proposed changes to the Australian Value statement for both the temporary & permanent visa will come into effect from 30 October 2020. This will be implemented through instrument “LIN 20/166: Australian Values Statement for Public Interest Criteria 4019“https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2020L01305 .

Values Statement for most permanent visas applications including permanent partner visa (Subclass 801 & 100) will incorporate the following from 30 October 2020:

- I undertake to make reasonable efforts to learn the English language, if it is not my native language.

- I understand that, if in the future I meet the legal qualifications for becoming an Australian citizen and my application is approved, I will need to pledge my loyalty to Australia and its people.

This renewed statement reflects the new English language requirement for permanent partner visas.

[url]https://ausdirectmigration.com/new-english-requirement-for-permanent-partner-visas/
[/url]
Re: Australia To Require English Test For Foreign Spouses Seeking Visas by Cousin9999: 9:25pm On Oct 17, 2020
Is this supposed to be significant?

(1) (Reply)

Struggles Of New Immigrants In Canada!!! / Oloko Travels To Space ( Photos) / Abuja Greenery Foreign Residence And Poor Neighborhood | Drone Shot Of Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.