Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Can We Pray To The Holy Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can We Pray To The Holy Spirit (635 Views)

Why Do We Pray, Since God Already Knows Everything? / Why Do We Pray With Candle? / Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Pray To The Holy Spirit by delkuf(m): 6:21pm On Oct 08, 2020
As we to the Father in the name of Jesus can we pray to the Holy Spirit in the name of Jesus
Re: Can We Pray To The Holy Spirit by Kobojunkiee: 7:40pm On Oct 08, 2020
delkuf:
As we to the Father in the name of Jesus can we pray to the Holy Spirit in the name of Jesus
Do you mean to ask the Spirit of God for something? I honestly do believe we can since Jesus Christ said He would give us the Spirit of God to be our only Teacher/Counselor/Helper/Guide/Comforter. But as far as in whose name we should pray in, we are to pray in the Name of Jesus Christ and His name alone.
Re: Can We Pray To The Holy Spirit by delkuf(m): 7:44pm On Oct 08, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
Do you mean to ask the Spirit of God for something? I honestly do believe we can since Jesus Christ said He would give us the Spirit of God to be our only Teacher/Counselor/Helper/Guide/Comforter. But as far as in whose name we should pray in, we are to pray in the Name of Jesus Christ and His name alone.
Wow, this is good coming from you. Seems you had a good day today
Re: Can We Pray To The Holy Spirit by Kobojunkiee: 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2020
delkuf:
Wow, this is good coming from you. Seems you had a good day today
Have you taken time to read through the gospels, at least through the Book of Matthew to learn the difference between what you think you know of what Jesus Christ called you to do, and what it is you continue to feed your soul by way of listening to the many false teachers and prophets whose opinions and lies you fill yourself with daily?
Re: Can We Pray To The Holy Spirit by delkuf(m): 8:22pm On Oct 08, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
Have you taken time to read through the gospels, at least through the Book of Matthew to learn the difference between what you think you know of what Jesus Christ called you to do, and what it is you continue to feed your soul by way of listening to the many false teachers and prophets whose opinions and lies you fill yourself with daily?
Can I ask you a question. From your opinion, mention good prophet. someone that you can rate as a good prophet, give me one
Re: Can We Pray To The Holy Spirit by Kobojunkiee: 8:34pm On Oct 08, 2020
delkuf:
Can I ask you a question. From your opinion, mention good prophet. someone that you can rate as a good prophet, give me one
Jesus Christ said that anyone who does not obey His command is a liar and He, Jesus Christ does not live inside of such a person.
It is not a matter of my opinion or yours as Jesus Christ Himself is recorded to have leveled well over 20 curses on those who He described in so many words as false prophets/teachers. Matthew 23 is a good chapter to read if one needs a good idea of how Jesus Christ really felt about the false teachers/prophets. He, Jesus Christ, had nothing good to say of, and to them.
Re: Can We Pray To The Holy Spirit by delkuf(m): 8:42pm On Oct 08, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
Jesus Christ said that anyone who does not obey His command is a liar and He, Jesus Christ does not live inside of such a person.
It is not a matter of my opinion or yours as Jesus Christ Himself is recorded to have leveled well over 20 curses on those who He described in so many words as false prophets/teachers. Matthew 23 is a good chapter to read if one needs a good idea of how Jesus Christ really felt about the false teachers/prophets. He, Jesus Christ, had nothing good to say of, and to them.
I know all this. you tell me one pastor or prophet in Nigeria that has the standard of God. Just tell me one.
Re: Can We Pray To The Holy Spirit by Kobojunkiee: 8:50pm On Oct 08, 2020
delkuf:
I know all this. you tell me one pastor or prophet in Nigeria that has the standard of God. Just tell me one.
You lie! You do not KNOW, and Jesus Christ spoke also about those whose understanding has been dulled to the point that they do not see, hear, and even KNOW His truth.

Matthew 13 vs 14-15 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Indeed, in their case the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled that says: “You will indeed hear but never understand, and you will indeed see but never perceive.”
15. For this people's heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed,
lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.’
If you did indeed KNOW, as you claim, you and I would not be having this discussion at all.
Re: Can We Pray To The Holy Spirit by delkuf(m): 8:55pm On Oct 08, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
You lie! You do not KNOW, and Jesus Christ spoke also about those whose understanding has been dulled to the point that they do not see, hear, and even KNOW His truth.

If you did indeed KNOW, as you claim, you and I would not be having this discussion at all.
Good night. And don't talk about ill about any pastor or servant of God.
Re: Can We Pray To The Holy Spirit by Kobojunkiee: 8:59pm On Oct 08, 2020
delkuf:
Good night. And don't talk about ill about any pastor or servant of God.
See what I mean? You don't know what Jesus Christ said because if you did, you would know it is not your place to stand in defense of anyone when it comes to the things of God.

1 Like

Re: Can We Pray To The Holy Spirit by delkuf(m): 9:05pm On Oct 08, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
See what I mean? You don't know what Jesus Christ said because if you did, you would know it is not your place to stand in defense of anyone when it comes to the things of God.
Good nite
Re: Can We Pray To The Holy Spirit by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:56am On Oct 09, 2020
delkuf:

From my own opinion i'll give you just one i know very well through the things i perceived in his thoughts!
Jesus said "blessed are those conscious of their Spiritual needs because the kingdom of heaven belongs to them!" Matthew 5:3
Well presently since you're desiring to know God with all your heart i'll say You are ONE Prophet of God yourself!
So be fully prepared to answer and say "here i am, send me" when God asks "who will go and deliver my message?" Isaiah 6:8
You delkuf should be a good Prophet of God!
May God be with you, may he bless you with his spirit to deliver his message to the world! smiley
Re: Can We Pray To The Holy Spirit by delkuf(m): 7:29am On Oct 09, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

From my own opinion i'll give you just one i know very well through the things i perceived in his thoughts!
Jesus said "blessed are those conscious of their Spiritual needs because the kingdom of heaven belongs to them!" Matthew 5:3
Well presently since you're desiring to know God with all your heart i'll say You are ONE Prophet of God yourself!
So be fully prepared to answer and say "here i am, send me" when God asks "who will go and deliver my message?" Isaiah 6:8
You delkuf should be a good Prophet of God!
May God be with you, may he bless you with his spirit to deliver his message to the world! smiley
Thank you. Good morning

1 Like

Re: Can We Pray To The Holy Spirit by Ihedinobi3: 8:26am On Oct 09, 2020
delkuf:

Hi.

I'm not sure what the point of the question is. Why do you ask?

The Bible teaches that we should pray to the Father (Matthew 6:9; John 15:16), but it doesn't rule out praying to the Lord Jesus Himself (John 14:13-14), and while there is no explicit command or statement that I know of in the Bible to the effect of praying to the Holy Spirit, the Scriptures do present Him as God too (2 Corinthians 3:17; Hebrews 3:7-11), so I see no reason why we shouldn't if we want to.

The more important question is whether one prays at all and whether one's prayers are even acceptable to the Lord at all.

2 You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask. 3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.
James 4:2-3 (NKJV)

The Lord considers the prayers of sinners an abomination.

8 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD,
But the prayer of the upright is His delight.
Proverbs 15:8 (NKJV)

7 Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered.
1 Peter 3:7 (NKJV)

6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
1 John 1:6 (NKJV)

And He clearly welcomes and answers the prayers of the righteous:

16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
James 5:16 (NKJV)

So, it seems of greater importance by far to want to be acceptable to God so that our prayers can be heard and answered by Him than to tie ourselves up in knots over which member of the Trinity we should be praying to. If we are reading the Bible, listening to qualified teaching on it, believing what we are learning, obeying it, we will be better and better at praying the way that God wants us to. And that will mean more and more answered prayers.
Re: Can We Pray To The Holy Spirit by Shawl001(m): 5:58pm On Oct 09, 2020
When we pray, we should pray to God the Father, through the name of Jesus.

We don't pray to Jesus, using the name of Jesus. It's not so.
When Jesus said, "whatsoever you ask in my name, I will do it"...He wasn't talking about prayer, it was about using His name. Moreover, the "I" will do it there, is not Jesus, but the Father that dwells in Him (the Holy Ghost). It's the Holy Ghost that puts to effect every of our requests in the name of Jesus.

So when you ask if we can pray to the Holy Spirit,...categorically, there's no place in the scripture that approves it. But oftentimes, we unconsciously do it, and God answers. smiley cheesy

(1) (Reply)

#ENDSARS #ENDCHRISTIANITY #ENDISLAM #ENDOPPRESSION #ENDNEPOTISM / Prophet Oladele Isreal (genesis) The Story Behind The News / Revisited : Jesus Failed Prophesies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.