Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,821 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? (40784 Views)

What Is That New Song You Just Can't Get Off Your Head Right Now... / Wanna Record, Mix & Master Ur Song(s) / Record Yoυr Song(s) At Our Studio Today, We Charge Lowest Affordable Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Acidosis(m): 9:59pm On Oct 08, 2020
1. 90% of Burnaboy's songs.
2. All Small Doctor's songs (glad the dude and his songs have ceased to exist). The "ooin ooin omo iya teacher" thing irritates my kidney.
3. Wizkid's No Stress
4. Rema's songs (except one sha)
5. Hop in my Maserati nonsense from whoever sang the song

On the other hand, anything from (1) Laycon, (2) Omah Lay, (3) Joeboy and (4) Fireboy MUST make sense to me even if they sing doh reh mi fah soh lah ti doh..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by mayklef(m): 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2020
UbongCR7:

Some of Zlatan song no bad.
I love Bolanle.
Every mallam with him kettle

1 Like

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Teddyaiyez(m): 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2020
Assurance by Davido,wonderful by Burna,yeye boyfriend, that kizz Daniel ft Davido song... i fact dem plenty

1 Like

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by angelfallz(m): 10:01pm On Oct 08, 2020
Fact1:
Wonderful,,,,by burna

Jerusalema ,, I don't like day song at all,,,,,,,

All recent wizkid music,,,

all nairamarley song except aye

Olakira,,,meseratii,, I'm still finding what's special about this music,,,,,,,i just don't like it,,,,,,,

Ag by adekunle gold

Lemme stop here this is what i can remember,,,,,,

But op you said you don't like mad by wurld ,,,i love it like mad,,, you're d first person dat i know dat didn't like the music,,,

I love jerusalema and the remix with burnaboy too.
I also love Olakira,,,meseratii. Just Imagine telling a lady to, "hop" into your maserati then maybe you'd like the song grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by peacenaija(m): 10:01pm On Oct 08, 2020
One corner

1 Like

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Nathphil(m): 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2020
Hammer2O19:
What is a hit song in the first place, Naija artists are all wack

They gat no hit songs....I listen to good lyrics with good beat and not some piece of shit and noise making
What are good lyrics to you. Love songs portray love lyrics and they do try with that.

1 Like

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by FirmTR(m): 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2020
IF by Davido

3 Likes

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Gentlemanforyou: 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2020
All of jamo piper song
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by GOATandYAMtheory: 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnn niggarrr
Isoright....this bros OP too like Nigerian songs.....all hits from Nigerian artiste can not make my play list
Nigeria artiste sings dog shit.....except 2 face , burna boy and wizkid.....
Davido is worse......

You must be a real niggarrr
Adding WizKid to your list makes it meaningless..

You are also one of the many Nigerians encouraging trash as music

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Acidosis(m): 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2020
sammysneh:
mine as follow
Woman by Rema
opotoyi by Marley naira
stress by wizkid
mafa Mafa by davido boring too

LMAO! That Naira Marley dude is a case! Idi ore mi opotoyi grin grin

Song isn't as naughty, raw and senseless as Tekno's recent single (PuTTin). That song is too raw. Should be censored (18+).

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Horlufemi(m): 10:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
Awol1:
Beauty, they say, is in the eye of the beholder.

It therefore wouldn't be invalid to say, when it comes to appreciation of music, that the beauty of music is in the ear of the beholder. And if we remember that music has been defined, by some, as food to the soul, it means therefore, that what is food to one's soul may be poison to the soul of another when you consider that we all have different soul.

There's no objective yardstick to judgment of art because aesthetics judgment is purely subjective.

I'm compelled to ask this question because most time, I've seen songs that are hit but just can't make it into my playlist. Some hit songs irritate me actually.

So what's that hit song that everyone else grooves to but just doesn't cut it for you?

For me, it's:-

1) Mad by Wurld
2) Mafa Mafa by DMW
3) No Stress by Wizkid
4) Wonderful by Burna Boy
5) Yeye Boyfriend by Bolanle ft Zlatan
6) Issa Goal by Naira Marley
7) Lady by Rena
cool Gelato by DJ Cuppy
9) Call by Joeboy
10) Wo, Woske, Pawo, etc, by Olamide.

Make I stop here.

What's your own?

Please remove Mad by Wurld

1 Like

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
angelfallz:

I love jerusalema and the remix with burnaboy too.
I also love Olakira,,,meseratii. Just Imagine telling a lady to, "hop" into your maserati then maybe you'd like the song grin

Hmmmm,, okay oo

1 Like

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
Fact1:
Wonderful,,,,by burna

Jerusalema ,, I don't like day song at all,,,,,,,

All recent wizkid music,,,

all nairamarley song except aye

Olakira,,,meseratii,, I'm still finding what's special about this music,,,,,,,i just don't like it,,,,,,,

Ag by adekunle gold

Lemme stop here this is what i can remember,,,,,,

But op you said you don't like mad by wurld ,,,i love it like mad,,, you're d first person dat i know dat didn't like the music,,,

The song doesn't just cut for me.

Wurld's best song so far, as far as I'm concerned, is Trobul. That song is evergreen for me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by donprinyo(m): 10:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
martineverest:
exactly and burna boy too
Oluwa Burna de make brain wella.
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Thonee(m): 10:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
All Wizkid,Davido,Burna Boy's songs except Monster you made, Zlatan,Naira Marley,Olamide, Mr Easy and CDQ is worst.
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by AfroKnight: 10:04pm On Oct 08, 2020
FEM - Davido

Joro - Wizkid

Scatter - Fireboy

Betty Butter - Davido

1 Milli - Davido

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 08, 2020
Awol1:

The song doesn't just cut for me.

Wurld's best song so far, as far as I'm concerned, is Trobul. That song is evergreen for me.

Hmmmm,,,,
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Babygirltess: 10:05pm On Oct 08, 2020
donMIG:
All Nigerian songs
From burna boy down to the lowest rated superstar!
Fvck them all... Their songs just wack for me
But I swear I respect whizkid
You sound very lame and stupid, so it's the pussy dick and money with the same trap beat that is not dumb people like you think you are special because you listen to foreign music. Rubbish

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by angelfallz(m): 10:06pm On Oct 08, 2020
Stanl3y:
All Rema's song are absolutely terrible to my ears. Especially dumebi! I really don't know what people listen to in his songs. The beat or the lyrics? Cus he ain't got no lyrics at all.

Other songs i don't like but are hits include.
Korede bello - Godwin
Davido - fem
All Wizkid recent songs except Joro
All Zlatan ibile songs.
Tiwa savage - malo

Almost all Naija songs are trash lately if we're being honest. Just beats, no content. Shame!

So you mean to tell me that when an alert you have been expecting enters, you dont start singing, I don get alert Godwin! ?

When a few people say nigerian songs don't have content, i am really confused. Nigerian songs normally have always been about getting you off your feet to start dancing or a club banger, i have known this since i was little.
Besides, there are nigerian singers that actually put in effort in their lyrics. (If that is what you are looking for)

5 Likes

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by jaytii(f): 10:06pm On Oct 08, 2020
Xixtie:

Haven't heard of Fireboy, but I know of Johny Drille, that guy is simply fire.
A very amazing artiste.
shocked
You haven't heard Fireboy
How's that even possible

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Acidosis(m): 10:06pm On Oct 08, 2020
Thonee:
All Wizkid,Davido,Burna Boy's songs except Monster you made, Zlatan,Naira Marley,Olamide, Mr Easy and CDQ is worst.

Please check Olamide's recent album. He's improved his game.

6 Likes

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by joepepsy(m): 10:06pm On Oct 08, 2020
They are no musicians in Nigeria...what you see is just social media hype.
Awol1:
Beauty, they say, is in the eye of the beholder.

It therefore wouldn't be invalid to say, when it comes to appreciation of music, that the beauty of music is in the ear of the beholder. And if we remember that music has been defined, by some, as food to the soul, it means therefore, that what is food to one's soul may be poison to the soul of another when you consider that we all have different soul.

There's no objective yardstick to judgment of art because aesthetics judgment is purely subjective.

I'm compelled to ask this question because most time, I've seen songs that are hit but just can't make it into my playlist. Some hit songs irritate me actually.

So what's that hit song that everyone else grooves to but just doesn't cut it for you?

For me, it's:-

1) Mad by Wurld
2) Mafa Mafa by DMW
3) No Stress by Wizkid
4) Wonderful by Burna Boy
5) Yeye Boyfriend by Bolanle ft Zlatan
6) Issa Goal by Naira Marley
7) Lady by Rena
cool Gelato by DJ Cuppy
9) Call by Joeboy
10) Wo, Woske, Pawo, etc, by Olamide.

Make I stop here.

What's your own?

1 Like

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Babygirltess: 10:06pm On Oct 08, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnn niggarrr
Isoright....this bros OP too like Nigerian songs.....all hits from Nigerian artiste can not make my play list
Nigeria artiste sings dog shit.....except 2 face , burna boy and wizkid.....
Davido is worse......

You must be a real niggarrr...I thought am the only one feeling so....these are the names of artiste on my playlist
J cole
The weekend
Imagine dragons
Sia
Burna boy
2face
Katty pery
Passenger
Bruno Mars
WizKid
Avicii( rest in peace)
Twenty one pilot
The Chainsmokers
Dig the kid
Cold play
Khalid
Maroon 5
Calum scot
John legend
Selena Gomez
Post malone
Ellie Goulding
Christiana aquilera
A great big world
Rita ora
Clean bandit
Dua lipa
Martin garixx
Major Lazer
The night
Edsheeran
Taylor swift
One direction
Lewis capaldi
Sam smith
Ariana Grande
Kehlani
Billie eilish
Camilo Cabello
Whatever you listen to enjoy don't call what we listen to trash, fools everywhere

16 Likes

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Celebsnews2: 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2020
I just can't start listing them. Dem too plenty.

Meanwhile, Ex Big Brother Naija Housemate and Billionaire son, Kiddwaya, and his Lover Erica, blow hot Big Brother Naija winner, Laycon and his fan, and here is the reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asCs7kNy1gs
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Jubilancy(f): 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2020
One corner by patapa[color=#770077][/color]

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Babygirltess: 10:08pm On Oct 08, 2020
willybaby:
Make I sit-down d observe as them the list wack naija songs.. To be honest and sincere I feel most Nigerian songs these days are wack.. No lyrics, no inspiration just nude ladies on music videos and crazy beats
and the stupid American trap songs you listen to is filled with what, double of what you just listed above

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by angelfallz(m): 10:09pm On Oct 08, 2020
IBILEmayweather:

The likes of you listen to Roddy rich and Migos songs and say they are dope..Nigga, we have very good Nigeria artistes that are even recognized world wide..

Lol, did you read the OP's intro? one man's food is another man's poison.
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Babygirltess: 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2020
Nobodycan:
Any Nigeria songs... All na trash
And the American songs you listen to, more trash dumfuck

7 Likes

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by timibare(m): 10:11pm On Oct 08, 2020
All wizkid songs after Ojuelegba

1 Like

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by angelfallz(m): 10:11pm On Oct 08, 2020
NNU0000:
Olu Maintain's Yahozee and Joeboy's beginning stands out for me.

i love yahozee. that was a jam back then.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Boys dey hustle
Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Gbogbo aye

5 Likes

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by jaytii(f): 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2020
Lorayne:
All naira Marley, zlatan, davido hits.

Modified:
Forgot olamide

Don't ever associate Olamide with rubbish
Most of his songs are for the mind and not the ears.

1 Like

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by dewuyiebun: 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2020
BigDick70inch:
Mr Eazi songs..

Damn boring..

All track sound the same too..
I swear you know songs,I thought am the only one that noticed it

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

What's The Funniest Nigerian Music Lyrics You've Heard? / Ten Biggest Nigerian Songs Of All Time / DOWNLOAD: Big Sean Ft. Drake & Kanye West – Blessings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.