Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,988 members, 7,806,873 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv (2252 Views)

"That She Removed Her Cloth Doesn't Mean She Wants Sex" - Feminist. Men React / She Wants Me To Buy Her 66k Phone, But Doesn't Want Me To Touch Her / She Wants To Ruin Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:11pm On Oct 08, 2020
Fellow NLers,
I've wanted to bring this issue forward for a while.
My friend's wedding was supposed to be in January. However, late last month, I came across a good piece of investment which i wanted to do. As a good friend and long time pal, I briefed him on it and he also indicated interest too.
At the end of the day, he put double the amount I invested into the business. The business is expected to yield after six months which will be after March next year.
A week after we did it, I got a call from my friend telling me his fiancée was mad with him and was threatening to call off the wedding. I asked him what happened and it turns out he used the money he had saved to run the wedding plans to invest in the business. He then called the lady to ask for postponement till after March when the money will be available.
His fiancée thinks he has placed money above her happiness and is seriously calling the wedding off. I spoke with her and it's obvious she's not aware of my involvement, though I didn't know at that time he was using his wedding money
She's now asking that he withdraws the money and go ahead with the plan if he really loves her or forget about everything totally.
My friend on the other hand is now remorseful and is also considering doing as she asks. My fear though is knowing the kind of person he is, by the end of six months, if he sees me cashing out with the wild returns, he might also become remorseful at caving in and letting the opportunity pass him. Don't forget at that time he may be married and might take out the frustration on the woman.
I don't know what to say to him presently tough I sense his mind is made up to withdraw from the investment. But I know he's waiting to hear my opinion before he does so.
Do I tell him to go ahead?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by SmartProf(m): 7:12pm On Oct 08, 2020
The desperation being shown by the lady your friend is about to be married to has surpassed boiling point temperature. At this point nothing makes sense to her beyond receiving that marriage certificate on the first agreed date. It's as though she has cooked the rice already and the guests are already seated. Infact if she is aware you introduced that business to your friend, she will roast you with insults without listening to your explanations. Since your friend seems too weak to justify his reasons for investing his own money, then allow him to crawl out with his money and please his woman. Don't forget to attend the wedding and eat their rice cos it will be sweet. It's usually said that love your neighbor as yourself, not more than yourself. Even if you cash out, don't rub it on his face before he goes into depression. When it comes to marriage, most women will defy all logical advise that suggests postponement even if it's coming directly from heaven. If I were your friend, I will pretend to allow her walk away as she is threatening because I know she wouldn't be still married after I cash out..the best she will achieve in the period is to be a pained motivational speaker trying to console herself on social media. She has emotionally blackmailed your friend and your friend fell for it, so let it slide.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by thesicilian: 7:13pm On Oct 08, 2020
His fiancée thinks he has placed money above her happiness and is seriously calling the wedding off.
Ideally, the man should have discussed with his fiancée before using that money for the business, but no worldly woman will ever agree to invest the little they have now for the chance of future financial stability. And judging from her reaction, I think he made the right decision not telling her. I wish more men had his balls.

11 Likes

Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by Davash222(m): 7:15pm On Oct 08, 2020

His fiancée thinks he has placed money above her happiness and is seriously calling the wedding off.

Her happiness is as useless as the P in Psychology in this scenario!

If she can’t exercise patience, is she truly the one

A woman is not in the position to dictate for a man how he spend his money. If she’s that desperate, let her sponsor the wedding!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by Curvinus(m): 7:19pm On Oct 08, 2020
Investment. If I hear.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by paulolee(m): 7:23pm On Oct 08, 2020
DT gee na real gee....sucure DT bag first..

3 Likes

Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by 2special(m): 7:30pm On Oct 08, 2020
marketing 101

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by Mizfabulous18(f): 8:48pm On Oct 08, 2020
thesicilian:

Ideally, the man should have discussed with his fiancée before using that money for the business, but no worldly woman will ever agree to invest the little they have now for the chance of future financial stability. And judging from her reaction, I think he made the right decision not telling her. I wish more men had his balls.
and if the investment goes bad what happens then abegi he should get married money for investment will still come he made a bad choice especially since he didn't tell her atleast dey would hv reached a common ground but that men for u selfish always

2 Likes

Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by virginprincess(f): 9:09pm On Oct 08, 2020
Why didn't he tell his financee first? for that reason she has every right to be angry, op friend should allow his financee to decide, if she say she want marriage first, then let him withdraw, expect he doesn't love her.

2 Likes

Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by xcommando(m): 9:15pm On Oct 08, 2020
Why is she so desperate? If your guy should start cashing out won’t she be happy?

Hnmmm... Wetin i sabi. Make I no talk

Just the way my ex Dey desperate, not knowing say she don born two for village. Thank God say I stubborn sha.. but my I see not be small

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by xcommando(m): 9:23pm On Oct 08, 2020
The guy should have discourse with her though, but her desperation is Beyond elastic limit.

I fair any lady that act too desperate.

Just the way my ex was very desperate for us to get married, unknowingly to me she is a divorcee with two children. The children lives with their grant parent in the village.

2 Likes

Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by Davash222(m): 9:43pm On Oct 08, 2020
virginprincess:
Why didn't he tell his financee first? for that reason she has every right to be angry, op friend should allow his financee to decide, if she say she want marriage first, then let him withdraw, expect he doesn't love her.
She’s just a girlfriend. Stop using the word fiancée. He’s not under obligation to tell the girlfriend about his financial moves. She’s not yet his wife.

Fiancée is just a word devised to drill the kpekus deeper freely. You girls should stop feeling yourselves with these fiancée of a thing.

6 Likes

Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by Davash222(m): 9:46pm On Oct 08, 2020
Mizfabulous18:
and if the investment goes bad what happens then abegi he should get married money for investment will still come he made a bad choice especially since he didn't tell her atleast dey would hv reached a common ground but that men for u selfish always
Reach a common ground with a Nigerian girlfriend? With his money? Wtf!

You girls are actually over stepping on your boundaries courtesy of Simps!
Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by bakismith12(m): 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2020
Please what kind of investmentis that? I will like to join.

[quote author=Agbegbaorogboye post=94742764][/quote]
Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by swaqq(m): 10:11pm On Oct 08, 2020
You have not asked yourself what if y’all end up loosing all the money.

2 Likes

Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 09, 2020
The man is a fool, on the wedding night is when he will start regaining his senses.
Davash222:

Her happiness is as useless as the P in Psychology in this scenario!

If she can’t exercise patience, is she truly the one

A woman is not in the position to dictate for a man how he spend his money. If she’s that desperate, let her sponsor the wedding!

2 Likes

Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by Nobody: 5:46am On Oct 09, 2020
He's the type that will always take decisions without informing his partner.

Maybe if he had briefed her on his intentions and made her understand the profits to be yielded from the investment, she would have agreed.

The woman has every right to be angry at him.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by Shugavee(f): 5:55am On Oct 09, 2020
Business my ass , just say u no wan marry the girl, didn’t even need to read the epistle
Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 09, 2020
Who get the money
Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 09, 2020
Ardar:
He's the type that will always take decisions without informing his partner.

Maybe if he had briefed her on his intentions and made her understand the profits to be yielded from the investment, she would have agreed.

The woman has every right to be angry at him.
if it his money. He owes her no explanation na
Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 09, 2020
Davash222:

She’s just a girlfriend. Stop using the word fiancée. He’s not under obligation to tell the girlfriend about his financial moves. She’s not yet his wife.

Fiancée is just a word devised to drill the kpekus deeper freely. You girls should stop feeling yourselves with these fiancée of a thing.

3 Likes

Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by odinson1(m): 8:59am On Oct 09, 2020

Now listen to me very carefully
your Friend's Fiancee doesn't actually love him,she's just using him as a way to escape Poverty,ridicule and shame. She is Gradually turning to an Evening newspaper and that's why she's so eager to get married soonest
NO WOMAN has any right to dictate for you what you should do with your money. So will advice your friend to lockup marriage for now and continue with the investment,if she doesn't agree,she can go and look for another man to tie down with h marriage
Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:03am On Oct 09, 2020
odinson1:

Now listen to me very carefully
your Friend's Fiancee doesn't actually love him,she's just using him as a way to escape Poverty,ridicule and shame. She is Gradually turning to an Evening newspaper and that's why she's so eager to get married soonest
NO WOMAN has any right to dictate for you what you should do with your money. So will advice your friend to lockup marriage for now and continue with the investment,if she doesn't agree,she can go and look for another man to tie down with h marriage

Had to reply this. She's just 26 and the last daughter. So I don't think the evening paper thing applies here.
According to her, she feels ashamed to go tell her parents to postpone the wedding as it will look like the guy is not serious to them.
Also, is the angle of her friends. You know how women easily talk bad about each other behind.
She is not happy at the prospect of becoming a subject of gossip.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 09, 2020
Kekereekun123:
if it his money. He owes her no explanation na

Then he has no business getting married with that kind of mentality.
Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by Davash222(m): 9:29am On Oct 09, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Had to reply this. She's just 26 and the last daughter. So I don't think the evening paper thing applies here.
According to her, she feels ashamed to go tell her parents to postpone the wedding as it will look like the guy is not serious to them.
Also, is the angle of her friends. You know how women easily talk bad about each other behind.
26 is pre-evening newspaper, she’s just a walk to that. A young girl of 21 with sense won’t be that desperate. She will be happy and even add her own money so they can have high returns.

All those sex starved female monikers above you are nothing less than 28. Their anger and frustration are well obvious.

I pray God should comfort them.

3 Likes

Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by FanOfMyself: 9:55am On Oct 09, 2020
I'm interested in this business.
Can we talk?
Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:57am On Oct 09, 2020
Davash222:

26 is pre-evening newspaper, she’s just a walk to that. A young girl of 21 with sense won’t be that desperate. She will be happy and even add her own money so they can have high returns.

All those sex starved female monikers above you are nothing less than 28. Their anger and frustration are well obvious.

I pray God should comfort them.
What age does evening newspaper start from?
Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by Davash222(m): 10:22am On Oct 09, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:
What age does evening newspaper start from?
Ask Zzor
Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by Made619(m): 11:13am On Oct 09, 2020
na laugh I just dey laugh....Las Las she go still demand for money for hair,new dress, surprise gift, vacations, outings and some spoilings here and there ..if bros can't afford they now say na endure I just dey endure the marriage...you can't please their insatiable desires...by knowledge a house is built but by wisdom that same house is filled....as man u need wisdom..make that bros use him head. jus my 2cents
Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by odinson1(m): 7:13pm On Oct 09, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

She's gradually turning to an evening news paper,time is not on her side
She's so eager for the wedding because of her friends,the society and her parents
Tell her to sponsor the wedding by herself if she wants It now

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Break Up With Him For Using Their Wedding Money For Business... Adv by Tygrathris(m): 1:07pm On Nov 01, 2020
If I were the man then I would have used the money for business because it was lot of money to waste one wedding and then only for the two of them to break up years later because they do not seem like a good couple to begin with.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Celebrated The New Year - Photos / My Dad Is Gay / Can You Prostrate To Beg Your Wife In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.