Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,610 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Looking To Start Haulage Business. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Looking To Start Haulage Business. (858 Views)

How To Start Haulage/tipper Business In Nigeria / Looking To Start Haulage Business. / How To Start Haulage Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking To Start Haulage Business. by TransAtlanticEx(m): 8:08pm On Oct 08, 2020
Hi house,greetings to all.
Please a friend of mine is trying to enter haulage business.
His vehicle of choice is the MAN diesel 30 tonnes,12 tyres,8×4 machine.
Please he wants to know if this is a good truck.
What is the fair price of this truck?Cos the ones he has been seeing is mostly 11m naira for the skeleton,he even saw 16m for the 2002 MAN truck skeleton and he thinks its overpriced.
He said a fair deal should be between 8-9m for the skeleton as advised,is he being realistic?
Is this a good truck and please what are it's common issues?
How much does it cost to build its cargo carrying carriage?the abokì type that carry tomatoes?
Is it necessary he change all the 12 tyres before starting work?
How much should he expect as weekly returns?
Does he have to join any union?because this my friend is very discreet and hate doing things in the open.
His planned routes are Onitsha-ABA-Akwa ibom-Calabar.
Is this route profitable for this truck size?he doesn't want his truck to go to lagos or north.
He plans to use his friend as manager of the truck,I dont know if it's a good idea.
Please haulage experts,please shed some lights as it's very urgent.
Thank you.
Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by TransAtlanticEx(m): 8:13pm On Oct 08, 2020
Urgent,please advise.
Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by Demolaeby: 8:36pm On Oct 08, 2020
Tell him that I can help to link him to Onne port for 20 feet container transport business. He should buy a man diesel head and I will guide him how and where to construct it in Aba
Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by TransAtlanticEx(m): 8:51pm On Oct 08, 2020
Demolaeby:
Tell him that I can help to link him to Onne port for 20 feet container transport business. He should buy a man diesel head and I will guide him how and where to construct it in Aba
But 20ft container will be flatbed abi?
That short flatbed that will carry only 20ft container.
He wants to build carriage to carry goods as port jobs don't look too stable to him and returns are slow,plus you cant use flatbed for multipurpose goods carrying.
Please can you give an estimate to how much the carriage will cost?
Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by nnekaike(f): 9:19pm On Oct 08, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
But 20ft container will be flatbed abi?
That short flatbed that will carry only 20ft container.
He wants to build carriage to carry goods as port jobs don't look too stable to him and returns are slow,plus you cant use flatbed for multipurpose goods carrying.
Please can you give an estimate to how much the carriage will cost?
Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by TransAtlanticEx(m): 9:21pm On Oct 08, 2020
nnekaike:
my hubby is the fleet manager of a top logistics company,manages 474 trucks,if you will like his professional advice I can ask him to help.

Sure won't be bad.
How does he operate?
They buy truck,give him to manage so he pay me monthly abi weekly?
Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by nnekaike(f): 9:35pm On Oct 08, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
Sure won't be bad.
How does he operate?
They buy truck,give him to manage so he pay me monthly abi weekly?
He will give professional advice on trucks to buy,how to manage the maintance cost,getting and managing drivers, how to bill your clients and any other thing you need to know on logistics and transport.
Am sure you will know a lot about the business from him.
Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by TransAtlanticEx(m): 9:41pm On Oct 08, 2020
nnekaike:
He will give professional advice on trucks to buy,how to manage the maintance cost,getting and managing drivers, how to bill your clients and any other thing you need to know on logistics and transport.
Am sure you will know a lot about the business from him.
Okay sure.
Please how do I contact him?
Cos I would really appreciate such advise right now.
Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by hexenbiest: 9:42pm On Oct 08, 2020
This is a good business, though I suggest you wait for professional advice from those who are into it, meanwhile you can also grow your business via FCMB online business account by applying from the link on my signature
Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by nnekaike(f): 9:49pm On Oct 08, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
Okay sure.
Please how do I contact him?
Cos I would really appreciate such advise right now.
please send me a mail so we exchange numbers,but its till Saturday b4 you can discuss well with him,he is going to work tomorrow.
Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by Bari22: 10:06pm On Oct 08, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
Hi house,greetings to all.
Please a friend of mine is trying to enter haulage business.
His vehicle of choice is the MAN diesel 30 tonnes,12 tyres,8×4 machine.
Please he wants to know if this is a good truck.
What is the fair price of this truck?Cos the ones he has been seeing is mostly 11m naira for the skeleton,he even saw 16m for the 2002 MAN truck skeleton and he thinks its overpriced.
He said a fair deal should be between 8-9m for the skeleton as advised,is he being realistic?
Is this a good truck and please what are it's common issues?
How much does it cost to build its cargo carrying carriage?the abokì type that carry tomatoes?
Is it necessary he change all the 12 tyres before starting work?
How much should he expect as weekly returns?
Does he have to join any union?because this my friend is very discreet and hate doing things in the open.
His planned routes are Onitsha-ABA-Akwa ibom-Calabar.
Is this route profitable for this truck size?he doesn't want his truck to go to lagos or north.
He plans to use his friend as manager of the truck,I dont know if it's a good idea.
Please haulage experts,please shed some lights as it's very urgent.
Thank you.

Oga this is my business, and MAN Diesel is my father's choice it doesn't have any problem, bit if I may advise you, why won't your friend go for trailer? 12 tyre is actually too cost and trailer can manage tyre more, trailer head will cost around 7million yo can get a very good second hand body for 3-4 million here
Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by TransAtlanticEx(m): 10:15pm On Oct 08, 2020
Bari22:

Oga this is my business, and MAN Diesel is my father's choice it doesn't have any problem, bit if I may advise you, why won't your friend go for trailer? 12 tyre is actually too cost and trailer can manage tyre more, trailer head will cost around 7million yo can get a very good second hand body for 3-4 million here
Chairman I hail.
I don't want trailer because I don't know where to get goods trailer can carry,and I also don't like port runs because of delay.
So the truck type in demand where I do business is 12 tyre,and also it can carry my goods from lagos and back so me too can use it.
If I buy trailer,I know say I don buy the motor for driver because I will be forced to tell him to go look for work and bring returns which I don't want.
But with 12 tyre,I will be giving him goods to haul myself since I dey that market and know all the places goods come from.
Shey you understand?
Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by TransAtlanticEx(m): 10:15pm On Oct 08, 2020
nnekaike:
please send me a mail so we exchange numbers,but its till Saturday b4 you can discuss well with him,he is going to work tomorrow.
okay,done ma.
Me sef no dey around like this.
But will look for means to contact him on saturday too.
Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by Bari22: 7:07am On Oct 09, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
Chairman I hail.
I don't want trailer because I don't know where to get goods trailer can carry,and I also don't like port runs because of delay.
So the truck type in demand where I do business is 12 tyre,and also it can carry my goods from lagos and back so me too can use it.
If I buy trailer,I know say I don buy the motor for driver because I will be forced to tell him to go look for work and bring returns which I don't want.
But with 12 tyre,I will be giving him goods to haul myself since I dey that market and know all the places goods come from.
Shey you understand?

I understand you sir, but trailer and twelve tyre all carries 30 tons of goods, since twelve tyre is the choice in your place of work u suppose to go for it and for our own we give the driver direction on where to go and we've the connection to those who give him the goods so he can't do anything on his own.
Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by TransAtlanticEx(m): 7:12am On Oct 09, 2020
Bari22:

I understand you sir, but trailer and twelve tyre all carries 30 tons of goods, since twelve tyre is the choice in your place of work u suppose to go for it and for our own we give the driver direction on where to go and we've the connection to those who give him the goods so he can't do anything on his own.
Exactly what I want to do too.
Do you guys put him on salary or is there some kind of deal?
I see.Seems you guys have port connection?
Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by Bari22: 9:46am On Oct 09, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
Exactly what I want to do too.
Do you guys put him on salary or is there some kind of deal?
I see.Seems you guys have port connection?

No it's not salary, His share is 10% of whatever truck got, 10k for 100k, 20k for 200k, 30k for 300k.

I don't have any connection in port now, I'm from North, we carry food items to south and carry back wood every week

We stopped going to Lagos for almost three years now
Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by TransAtlanticEx(m): 9:53am On Oct 09, 2020
Bari22:

No it's not salary, His share is 10% of whatever truck got, 10k for 100k, 20k for 200k, 30k for 300k.

I don't have any connection in port now, I'm from North, we carry food items to south and carry back wood every week

Okay ,10% sounds fair.
Wow,so you carry food items with flatbed truck or is it the trailer type with long carriage?
The only reason I don't want to buy the one below is because I dey fear say to get work go hard as e too big,and me sef can't use it because i am not in the volume business.
Also If so,how much do you charge from North to south?
You carry wood from south to north?From where and which kind of wood please?
I like northern connections ooo,I no go mind if we fit link up.
This truck max February I don buy am or early march.
Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by Demolaeby: 4:16pm On Oct 09, 2020
Onne container haulage business is a bee as a lot of importers are clearing their goods in onne port. I will guide him on the type of truck to buy, how to construct it, how to manage it, driver welfare and conditions and his weekly and monthly returns.
Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by Demolaeby: 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2020
We are having scarcity of trucks and is a business that will guarantee 500k monthly returns. We know how and what to go about it.
Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by Mide3367: 6:25pm On Oct 09, 2020
Op I thought u said ur friend? Now u have become the friend. grin. Anyways, if u want ur friend to manage the job for u, just have it at the back of ur mind that friend can betray u

1 Like

Re: Looking To Start Haulage Business. by Johntemmy(m): 4:57am On Oct 10, 2020
Bari22:

can I have your digit I use to supply woods to the northern sides.

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of Business Can I Invest #3m In? / It Is Official That 1000 Cefa Is Now Equal To 1000 Naira / 10 Places The Money You Are Looking For Is Hiding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.