Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,509 members, 7,808,863 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate (8411 Views)

If Buhari Hate Igbos Then Is This PHOTOSHOPPED??? / Junaid Mohammed: My First Wife Is An Igbo Woman, I Don't Hate Igbos / APC Hate Igbos In Lagos - Jimi Agbaje Of The PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate by lascos912(m): 4:40pm On Oct 09, 2020
mightyhazel:
So why u and aisha come dey beef ppl when they struggle to eat .. just hatred?
I don't beef you oo,my best friend is Igbo guy from enugu.
let me say accommodation is the first thing a man needs on another man's land,we Yorubas we accommodate everyone,
hausa tribe has the largest land size but the population of igbos there are not up to igbos in one state in Yoruba land just because of good accommodation we have to you and other tribes.

but the way you igbos talk as if we are not good to you.
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate by Amumaigwe: 5:21pm On Oct 09, 2020
Obamaofusa:

There are 2 different apprenticeship schemes in Yorubaland: The one related to learning carpentry, upholstery, tailoring etc.In these cases,the parents pay the teacher or master for their child to acquire the knowledge from the master.The second system is one in which the apprentice stays and learns about trading or business from his mentor for a stipulated period and at the end of the period,the mentor gives the apprentice some merchandize or substantial fund or give both to the apprentice to start his own business.This last system is very rampant amongst the Kwarans especially the Ibolo,Igbominas also called OWO NI E JE (na money e go chop).
They are the singular largest landlords in Lagos.We have seen a situation where only one Igbomina man has up to 200 houses in Lagos alone.

@bolded:
They are still Igbos. The grace and sense na the same.
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate by Amumaigwe: 5:28pm On Oct 09, 2020
AhmedEmeka:

You are right, but the message is why others resent Igbo. And she is very correct on that regardless on how you choose to twist your word. She never call for and force the Igbo to start employing other tribes but she simply pointed at a reason for the resentment and it doesn't matter if it justifiable or not but that's the fact of the matter.

Don't you think that those that are exclusively enjoying FG patronage but hate Igbos that are toiling hard and prospering without any government assistance are mentally challenged?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate by Forumobserver12(m): 5:29pm On Oct 09, 2020
lascos912:
let me say accommodation is the first thing a man needs on another man's land,we Yorubas we accommodate everyone,
hausa tribe has the largest land size but the population of igbos there are not up to igbos in one state in Yoruba land just because of good accommodation we have to you and other tribes.

Just take a minute and reflect on how you keep using the word ACCOMODATE to a fellow Nigerian, in your mind you are doing Igbos a favour for allowing them live and do their business in your state/region?

I have traveled to other Africa countries but I have never seen her citizens talked at fellow citizens the way you guys talk...

1 Like

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate by Amumaigwe: 5:39pm On Oct 09, 2020
Bodexman:

Just like you people can't stop talking about Tinubu even more than your leaders.

Does that mean Tinubu is greater than all your leaders put together?

Even if your dreams you still mentioned his name. Nawa!

Only in corruption.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate by Daniel058(m): 5:46pm On Oct 09, 2020
This post have given me More reason I should Make sure that my siblings and relations are well loaded with whatever goodies I ever have grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 09, 2020
Bkayyy:
Everywhere in the lips of Nigerians is Igbo, Igbo, Igbo, Igbo.
"if they are not talking about you that means you are worthless"
"And if they are not hating, that means you are not doing it right"
Mehn it's not easy to be an Igbo person.
If you are Igbo, celebrate being born an Igbo every Sunday because you defeated more than 7.3 Billion people in this world to be born into this beautiful tribe.
You are a hero/heroine just to be born an Igbo.

Somebody posted something to praise yeebos and they still succeeded in turning it into a shitfest.
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate by History555: 5:49pm On Oct 09, 2020
Is apprenticeship system paid employment. Can you work under someone for 10years without payment. People think it is easy. What if the business collapse or the owner dies.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate by Bkayyy: 6:00pm On Oct 09, 2020
Amumaigwe:

@bolded:
They are still Igbos. The grace and sense na the same.
Just by putting the blessed name "Igbo" to their "Mina" they started prospering
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate by tonyson010(m): 6:14pm On Oct 09, 2020
AhmedEmeka:

You are right, but the message is why others resent Igbo. And she is very correct on that regardless on how you choose to twist your word. She never call for and force the Igbo to start employing other tribes but she simply pointed at a reason for the resentment and it doesn't matter if it justifiable or not but that's the fact of the matter.

The resentment is falsely perceived out of jealousy. She should have done good research B4 coming to talk that rubbish in public.

Must Igbo nation be decimated B4 they are get happy?
The Hausa keep blaming the Igbo Man everytime even when almost all of our leaders are Northerners ?
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate by obyrich(m): 6:35pm On Oct 09, 2020
ayzTIGER:
Last 50 years they were screaming Igbo domination in affairs of the country, Igbos left politics for them and minded their business now their problem is Igbo apprenticeship. A system borne out Igbo personal money and struggle. Before you know it they'd task Igbos to start carrying the whole country along for apprenticeship based on quota system.
You are a prophet nwanne. They will.demand for quota system soon.
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate by obyrich(m): 6:40pm On Oct 09, 2020
horsepower102:
Yesterday: Igbos are not united they hate each other
Today: Igbos are too United and they help each other so much
My brother all is borne out of sheer envy. Anya ukwu.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate by Christistruth00: 6:58pm On Oct 09, 2020
Cjrane2:

Infact, without resources from Igboland and Niger delta, lagos will still look like Iseyin or Ogbomoso if left to only yorubas.

In 1850 Lagos was the busiest Port in West Africa . Even the British wanted a piece of the action.. They had to outmanoeuvred the French and Germans to get it.
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate by Christistruth00: 7:12pm On Oct 09, 2020
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate by femi4: 7:22pm On Oct 09, 2020
Forumobserver12:

Your reason please ?
It teaches self centeredness, ethnicity and tribe glorification.
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 09, 2020
femi4:
That's the truth. The apprenticeship system must be done away with

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate by Ezmans: 7:56pm On Oct 09, 2020
big7:
How is it a crime if I focus my primary attention to self development and that of my kins men?
You despise me and still want me to carry you along by showing you how I make a living out of what I do be it legal or illegal, no that can't be possible. Igbos have got an ideology they run with "brother is always brother" yes disagreement may ensue between them time to time but that ideology still remains with a average igbo man. This issue of Igbo apprenticeship system is what that region has used to pick up themselves from the ruin the govt made in that region during the massacre and total drawdown of human capital and development in that region during the unholy civil war which they call it.. They have come together unconsciously and have developed themselves in trades which they know how to do best. How else would you want me to bring in a total tribe man who doesn't maybe share in my ideology about life and how I perceive things from home to run a business in apprenticeship successfully? That a daunting task which even other tribes would not condole with if they happen to be in the igbo man shoe.. The igbo only have themselves to look out for themselves and that exactly what they've been doing and I pray they continue doing.. And about coming to a society and dominating it abeg see me see problem ooo. Shey na them tell the host community not to see possibility before he arrived that isn't a point.
I you have a Yoruba man as an apprentice he I'll steal your money & run away but Igbo person I'll have patient till the end
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate by mightyhazel: 8:16pm On Oct 09, 2020
lascos912:

yea.. u accommodate igbos,igbos accomodate you too ... big deal?

News even abound about yorubas attacking igbos physically,verbally and even burning their shops and means of livelihood in yorubaland..,but i have never heard of a yorobaman being molested in igboland.. igbos are even harder on themselves than on strangers.. igbos look onto strangers amongst them with tenderness . igbos are the true accomodators in Nigeria..., going by the way we treat strangers in our midst

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 09, 2020
Amumaigwe:

Don't you think that those that are exclusively enjoying FG patronage but hate Igbos that are toiling hard and prospering without any government assistance are mentally challenged?
They are.
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate by descarado: 7:44am On Oct 10, 2020
This woman is not 100% right in her assertions.

A Yoruba guy served under my cousin. His first and chief nwa boy.
This guy is so sweet. Everybody loved him. He spend his 3 Christmas with us and on the 4th yr was sent home for Christmas in style. He is doing so well now.
Still so respectful. When he was brought to us, we were afraid he won't stay but he stayed fking 7 yrs.
And he was groomed in selling motor spare parts. He can speak English and igbo very well .

1 Like

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate by manuelreports: 7:50am On Oct 10, 2020
What stops other tribes from doing the same. She should just day that other tribes are just jealous of the success of Ndi Igbo. That really shows that Igbos are Jews because the same way Jews are hated all over the world is the same way Igbos are hated in Nigeria and other African Countries because of their limitless success.
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate by prophetfire: 10:53am On Oct 10, 2020
SHE IS WRONG. APPRENTICESHIP IS NOT EMPLOYMENT THAT YOU ADVERTISE AND CHOOSE CANDIDATE YOU LIKE. IT IS THE APPRENTICE OR HIS FAMILY THAT APPROACH THE MASTER OR BUSINESS OWNER AND INDICATE INTEREST TO SERVE THE MASTER. IT IS NOT A SALARY EMPLOYMENT. IT IS MORE LIKE ELECTING TO BE A MODERN DAY SLAVE TO THE MASTER. YOU LIVE WITH HIM, WASH HIS CLOTHES, CLEAN HIS HOUSE, DO DISHES, WASH CARS, TAKE CARE OF HIS BUSINESS WHILE HE FEEDS AND CLOTHES YOU. IT IS NOT EVERY TRIBE THAT CAN STOOP TO DO ALL THESE. PEOPLE WITH PRIDE AND ENTITLEMENT MENTALITY CANNOT DO SO.
PEOPLE FROM OTHER TRIBES FIND THE APPRENTICESHIP VERY DEMEANING AND DISGUSTING AND THEREFORE SHY AWAY FROM IT.
HOWEVER THOSE TRAITS ARE INGRAINED INTO THE PSYCHE OF IGBO KIDS EARLY IN LIFE AND THEY EASILY ADAPT AND PROSPER THROUGH IT.
IGBOS ARE NOT TO BLAME BIKO.
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate by rdokoye: 2:43pm On Oct 17, 2020
tonyson010:

She is very wrong.

She didn't look into how people are recruited into the apprenticeship?? Y are people from other ethnics not under Igbo apprenticeship And probably didn't make much effort into understanding the Igbo people do accept other ethnic groups and the challenges faced .

First is that Igbo people do take people from other communities.....but often it is a futile effort.

People from other nations don't want to subject their children to the training due to its duration. The boys of other ethnic groups often don't accept the habits and culture the training instills.

It's not the responsibility of Igbo people to incorporate others into their culture, just as it isn't for every other ethnic group in Nigeria.

All she said is that some people resent Igbo people out of jealousy. And I say, well...that can't be helped. No matter what it is, there will always be something, but it's not the duty of any Nigerian ethnic group to kowtow to Nigerians as a whole, so they won't be resented.

That's justification of the wicked.
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate by cbrezy(m): 3:28pm On Nov 21, 2020
smiley
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Makes People Hate Igbos – Aisha Yesufu Sparks Debate by Jonathan39: 3:53pm On Nov 21, 2020
Because the system is frustrating you abi grin grin
femi4:
That's the truth. The apprenticeship system must be done away with

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19:Kano Directs Civil Servants To Stay At Home.Bans Viewing, Event Centres / Stop Provoking Us, There Is No Oil Discovered In Lagos State - Asari Dokubo / Tinubu Orders Investigation Into Kaduna Village Bombing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.