Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,017 members, 7,799,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother (2818 Views)

How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother / My Stingy Elder Brother / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by mariahAngel(f): 8:18pm On Oct 09, 2020
ImaIma1:

You mean they should just keep pouring water into the basket hoping that it will fill up miraculously.

I was reading through, hoping to find one person that commented what I had in mind in response to that comment...nairalanders never disappoint cheesy
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by ImaIma1(f): 9:13pm On Oct 09, 2020
mariahAngel:

I was reading through, hoping to find one person that commented what I had in mind in response to that comment...nairalanders never disappoint cheesy

cheesy I couldn't resist the urge to respond

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by Justkatty(f): 9:41pm On Oct 09, 2020
ikeno:
u guys should try and set him up with a business atleast something he can be doing so as to be be getting little money.with that am sure him be more focus
Uncle why not read before commenting? please go back to the post again.
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by TheeDetective: 10:08pm On Oct 09, 2020
You got to be kidding me right; would you have given yourself this same advice if you were the one in the Ops shoes? undecided If you say yes, I'll take that answer with a pinch of salt.
ikeno:

the fact still remains that they should keep trying to establish him with something doin.arresting or locking him up will not solve the problem.the guy is idle and he hangs around with idle minds.the should sit him down and has what he really want to do with is life.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by prince2pac(m): 12:24am On Oct 10, 2020
ikeno:
u guys should try and set him up with a business atleast something he can be doing so as to be be getting little money.with that am sure him be more focus
hopefully you are not close to me

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by armyofone(m): 12:58am On Oct 10, 2020
The most important thing is to take your mother away from that place. Send her transportation to leave there ASAP. I don't like people mistreating vulnerable old women.
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by armyofone(m): 1:13am On Oct 10, 2020
Send her transport to come visit you - it would create an opportunity for face to face discussion with her. You and your siblings can make arrangements for where she should settle down and contribute towards it. If you wish your mother well, do not send her back to that village anymore.

Duru9:
Please everyone saying we should take my mom to town
We've done that before after 6months she started crying that she want to go back that our house is like prison she don't go out only to sit and watch movie
She want to be moving around
She complain about her farm
We had to take her back home

Lalasticala help push to fp
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by Sixfeetbelle: 2:39am On Oct 10, 2020
osamz007:
quickly seperate your mum from him

Parents don't really like running away from their "home" like that. That house they built together while married or got married in is like their heart. To relocate her would need a great deal of prompting.
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by Karleb(m): 5:29am On Oct 10, 2020
longetivity:
Report him to FSARS, tell them he's a Yahoo boy wink

Sincerely, this will solve your problem but it shouldn't be like this.

#EndSARS
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by osamz007: 7:44am On Oct 10, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Parents don't really like running away from their "home" like that. That house they built together while married or got married in is like their heart. To relocate her would need a great deal of prompting.

she no like her life then
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by egojeny1(f): 8:03am On Oct 10, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Did you read what the op wrote or you're just a headline reader?
Good question.
Some people sef, read dey no go read
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by egojeny1(f): 8:09am On Oct 10, 2020
Mindlog:
This reminds me of an incident years ago cheesy cheesy cheesy The guy causing problem for his aged parents happened to the last born of 10 children (8 males and 2 females). Their aged parents have retired back to the village as their children all grown up and have left home with only their last born living with them. The first son is a lecturer in Canada, the second son who is the third child happens to be a Catholic Priest based in Italy, someone who was ordained a Priest in Rome when their last born (the one always threatening the peace of their parents was still in Primary 5).

The last born refused to be useful to himself, even at age 22 he had severally sold the tools bought for him to use to learn at a vocational institute, prefer to hang out with notorious boys using hard drugs and comes home in the evenings to harass their mother for food and money, insulting their sick father who was already on a wheelchair.

Despite talks by his older siblings, he refused to change until the Reverend Father flew in from Rome purposely for him, as early as 5a.m he arrived their parents' home in the village with 2 policemen unannounced, kicked the brother up from sleep and had him handcuffed and bundled into the car, drove off to Federal Neuropyschiatric Hospital Enugu and had the brother admitted there and was to be there for 5 months until he returns back to Nigeria for his annual leave and instructed that no one visits him while there because he knew their mother's heart would soften and would want to see her last born.

The Priest said how can he be the Parish Priest of a Parish in Esquilino, one of the most dangerous neighbourhoods in Rome and can not deal with the wannabe gangster of a younger brother. He became so calm after he was discharged! cheesy cheesy
Very good. The wannabe gangster became sensible by force.
The same treatment fits this op's brother.
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 10, 2020
Mindlog:
This reminds me of an incident years ago cheesy cheesy cheesy The guy causing problem for his aged parents happened to the last born of 10 children (8 males and 2 females). Their aged parents have retired back to the village as their children all grown up and have left home with only their last born living with them. The first son is a lecturer in Canada, the second son who is the third child happens to be a Catholic Priest based in Italy, someone who was ordained a Priest in Rome when their last born (the one always threatening the peace of their parents was still in Primary 5).

The last born refused to be useful to himself, even at age 22 he had severally sold the tools bought for him to use to learn at a vocational institute, prefer to hang out with notorious boys using hard drugs and comes home in the evenings to harass their mother for food and money, insulting their sick father who was already on a wheelchair.

Despite talks by his older siblings, he refused to change until the Reverend Father flew in from Rome purposely for him, as early as 5a.m he arrived their parents' home in the village with 2 policemen unannounced, kicked the brother up from sleep and had him handcuffed and bundled into the car, drove off to Federal Neuropyschiatric Hospital Enugu and had the brother admitted there and was to be there for 5 months until he returns back to Nigeria for his annual leave and instructed that no one visits him while there because he knew their mother's heart would soften and would want to see her last born.

The Priest said how can he be the Parish Priest of a Parish in Esquilino, one of the most dangerous neighbourhoods in Rome and can not deal with the wannabe gangster of a younger brother. He became so calm after he was discharged! cheesy cheesy
Esquilino, reminds me of a book "Angels & Demons"
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by Evacroft: 2:08pm On Oct 10, 2020
ikeno:

Did u read or just decided to write this so u also can make a comment.
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by letskeeptalking: 3:24pm On Oct 10, 2020
Why is your eldest brother not dealing with this? She's his mother FOR God's sake!!!
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by anthonyuncle(m): 9:08pm On Oct 10, 2020
pretydiva:
Op, the best you and your eldest bro can do for your mom is to relocate her from the village. Let her stay with either you or your eldest bro. Or you both can rent a place for her to stay in town

Let me see who your nuisance bro will be harassing for money then. Also don't forget to put him in prayers. Nothing God can't do

if they take their mum out of that village, he will sell all da family lands, including that family house
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by anthonyuncle(m): 9:25pm On Oct 10, 2020
use serious military men to go and lock him up

or

get a doctor's report indicating that he's mentally unstable, use da report to get policemen, carry him from that village and keep him in a psychiatric hospital for 5 years
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by Sixfeetbelle: 1:00am On Oct 11, 2020
osamz007:

she no like her life then

It's not that she doesn't like her life ooh but there's this attachment they have to it. Generally human beings do form attachment to a particular location if they live there for long.
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by MummyD2020(f): 9:58am On Oct 11, 2020
ikeno:

Again? Did u even read the story?
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by MummyD2020(f): 10:00am On Oct 11, 2020
ikeno:

the fact still remains that they should keep trying to establish him with something doin.arresting or locking him up will not solve the problem.the guy is idle and he hangs around with idle minds.the should sit him down and has what he really want to do with is life.

With whose money? Easier said than done. Let's be real here abeg
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by MummyD2020(f): 10:05am On Oct 11, 2020
Duru9:
Please everyone saying we should take my mom to town
We've done that before after 6months she started crying that she want to go back that our house is like prison she don't go out only to sit and watch movie
She want to be moving around
She complain about her farm
We had to take her back home

Lalasticala help push to fp
Well, una don try. Shes not even helping matters
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by MummyD2020(f): 10:14am On Oct 11, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

It's not that she doesn't like her life ooh but there's this attachment they have to it. Generally human beings do form attachment to a particular location if they live there for long.

Not when your life is on the line. To me it doesn't make sense. Like someone stated, that they did it to their granny and the mum turned deaf ears when she insisted on going back. Secondly, attachment doesn't mean a gal won't like to get married simply because she's been with her family all her life. To me, they(the mom and the boy need iron hand).

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by MummyD2020(f): 10:16am On Oct 11, 2020
MummyD2020:

Not when your life is on the line. To me it doesn't make sense. Like someone stated, that they did it to their granny and the mum turned deaf ears when she insisted on going back. Secondly, attachment doesn't mean a gal won't like to get married simply because she's been with her family all her life. To me, they(the mom and the boy)need iron hand
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by Aimerosa25(f): 2:17pm On Oct 11, 2020
Get mama out of the village, get a police report and lock your brother up before he kills someone.
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by lilyheaven: 6:28pm On Oct 11, 2020
Bundle him to psychiatry hospital, he is mad.
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by merieam16(f): 7:31pm On Oct 11, 2020
longetivity:
Report him to FSARS, tell them he's a Yahoo boy wink
Are nt the one shouting end sars now, which sars again would he report to
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by RealAlubarika(m): 8:07pm On Oct 11, 2020
stacyadams:

RElocate ur mom

That's the best relocate your Mum and he shouldn't know where she was relocated to you people should cut all ties of communication between you and your brother.

What kind of a child will raise his/her filthy hand on his mum or Dad that brought him to this world? I spit on him.

I rise
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Elder Brother by Ishilove: 8:14pm On Oct 11, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Did you read what the op wrote or you're just a headline reader?
He is a headline reader.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress / Seeking Nigeria Divorce Info Please / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.