Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers (25399 Views)

Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers / EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers / EndSARS: Obasanjo Reacts To Violence Against Protesters, Appeals For Calm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by goodheart02(m): 2:06pm On Oct 09, 2020
OkhaiAsein:
We are still on the sarz matters... If u not a criminal I wondered why u will even concern u sef with end sarz.. just speaking my mind
At cheaper price DM for your logo and flyer design

That's to say the thousands of people clamoring and protesting are all criminals right?? Even the fathers who lost their innocent sons to bullets of SARS are also criminals?? Are SARS even supposed to kill extra-judiciously What happened to trial in court for a sane society. Those SARS killed how many of them were armed robbers

You just spoke your mind that's filled with selfishness, and it's your type that abuse an office if given an appointment. You're not different from the man in Aso Rock. May you lose your loved ones to the bullets of SARS so u can understand the pains I saw a father feel 2wks ago while he cried and rolled on the ground at his old age.
Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by Edeyoung: 2:07pm On Oct 09, 2020
[quote author=OkhaiAsein post=94764447][/quote]

Wen sars go Harras you person go call you criminal for this same nairaland

And them go even support make dem gun you down say sars nor dey harass who nor b criminal

Mugu talk,

600yrs before u go sell one logo...
Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by Edeyoung: 2:08pm On Oct 09, 2020
[quote author=OkhaiAsein post=94764447][/quote]

And them go even support make dem gun you down say sars nor dey harass who nor b criminal

Mugu talk,

Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by Edeyoung: 2:08pm On Oct 09, 2020
[quote author=OkhaiAsein post=94764447][/quote].

Mugu talk,

Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by goodheart02(m): 2:13pm On Oct 09, 2020
OkhaiAsein:

I'm not selfish, I just said that so u won't put yourself inside trouble.. thank u brother but pls don't bring love ones into this.. it's not a nice way to justify your opinion

There are better ways to air your views bro so u don't hurt people. And I brought up the loved ones issue to make u feel the same emotions some families are passing through now because of tyrant law enforcement officers. Sorry about it anyway.

This nation really needs to be reformed and it begins with u and I and what we believe in. Not necessarily about violence.
Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by Ericnrm(m): 2:18pm On Oct 09, 2020
OkhaiAsein:
We are still on the sarz matters... If u not a criminal I wondered why u will even concern u sef with end sarz.. just speaking my mind

Was live at Abuja protest bro. I can send you video evidence that would change your mind. WhatsApp me
Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by Profmaojo: 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2020
ethicallyright:

I'm deeply sorry for your experience. I am also for total rebranding of that unit of the Nigerian Police Force.
My post that directly follows the one you quoted talks about profiling. It happens in all Countries where a certain crime is dominant. If cybercrime is flushed out, Law enforcement officers would lack reasons for suspicion of innocent members of the society like you.
how can cyber crime be stopped. Is it by harassing citizens?
Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by Openbusiness: 2:39pm On Oct 09, 2020
Godbless3:

The purpose is to reduce people taking justice into their own hand.
Which means police is a fundamental requirement and component for law and order in any human society, otherwise you will have a system of chaos, you will have endless cycles of attacks and reprisal attacks, you will have a situation where the person with the most powerful weapon dominates. This system doesn't guarantee justice. Humanity is coming from a long history, we have covered huge distances in the timeline of existence. The system where people take justice into their hands has been practiced before, but it doesn't guarantee justice, it isn't effective in the long run. Because if you take justice into your own hands, everyone's idea of justice varies, who determines who.was right and who was wrong? Do you know even criminals do reprisal attacks too, even though they are the guilty party? So Police is necessary. It is not just a group of crime fighters, it is an institution, an integral aspect of modern society. So what we need is to build institutions with good operational systems. The problem of police we are facing today is because the police as an institution has so many internal problems with its setup and system, from operational guidelines to rules of engagement to training to welfare to internal processes of checks and balances. This is where people need to brainstorm about and bring ideas that will work, ideas for the kind of police we want in our societies, and how they should operate as an institution.
Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by Prechgold1180(m): 2:47pm On Oct 09, 2020
OkhaiAsein:

pls take ur problem else where.. I don't abuse people here so why are u carry your frustrations on me
don't quote me ever again or I'll report you
so you are pained , next time you reason before you comment , you not affected does not mean others are not affected
Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by litaninja(m): 2:53pm On Oct 09, 2020
Your stupi.dity sha
OkhaiAsein:
Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by SmileDance(f): 2:56pm On Oct 09, 2020
Lankyscot:
Una neva see anytin yet...Moving forward, you kill one, Nigerians will retaliate by killing one of yours.
Nigerians need to kill 20 SARS terrorists for every single Nigerian harassed.

1 Like

Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by CioAngels(f): 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2020
Openbusiness:
The IGP is absolutely right about this. People need to calm down and stop supporting violence against police or killing police. This can never be the solution. Bad as he bad reach with NPF, if Nigeria Police officers don't work for 1 week, if they withdraw their services for just one week, will we know the real meaning of terror in our societies. There are evil people all around us in society. There are so many hardened evil wicked criminals in Nigerian society and we need police officers to tame the evil in society. Even if you think police is evil, then try to see them as a necessary evil because we still need them around. Should people protest against SARS brutality or evil officers that have turned themselves to rogue Gestapo units of government? YESSSSssss, absolutely, but let it be peacefully done. Peaceful protests is the way. Don't let violent criminals and armed robbers hijack the movement. Let me just stop here.
[img]https://media1./images/752a47f626d9e025f4ec4afd5e0b2d85/tenor.gif?itemid=14593205[/img]
You must be a policeman or beneficially of a policeman. Maybe, you are one of those agberod that collects money for policemen on the road
Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by Openbusiness: 3:25pm On Oct 09, 2020
CioAngels:
You must be a policeman or beneficially of a policeman. Maybe, you are one of those agberod that collects money for policemen on the road
try to learn how to spell beneficiary first, then you can come back and let's see in what way I can try help you to solve your low IQ problem. Until then, that's the way out of mentions (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞
Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by Mtola8: 3:25pm On Oct 09, 2020
6digitscomrade:
confirm efulefu.. even the sars are corrupting the youths, some sars are even doing yahoo., and most sars after extorting they coerce their victims into snitching on their friends for financial gains or retaliation.,

Anyone who thinks sars is the next best thing after nwkobi needs their head examined in an isolated laboratory because whatever it’s in their heads must be contagious..

So many of them are myopic towards things like this. I hope they do not experience it first hand.

Those sarz are demonic and they can go any length to implicate you or even go any length to extort you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by Diekahero: 3:55pm On Oct 09, 2020
[But oga Igp you could not call for an end to sars brutality over our youth! Nonsense quote author=Nemere2020 post=94757496]ENDSARS PROTESTERS GO BERSERK - MURDER 1 POLICEMAN, INJURE ANOTHER IN DELTA, STEAL AK47 RIFLE WITH 25 ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION
· ​ IGP calls for an end to violence against Law Enforcement Officers

The Inspector General of Police, IGP M.A Adamu, NPM, mni has condemned the unprovoked and violent attack on policemen and damage to police operational vehicles and other assets by ENDSARS protesters in Ughelli, Delta State, on Thursday, 8th October, 2020.

The incident which resulted in the unfortunate death of one Police officer, Corporal Etaga Stanley attached to ‘A’ Division, Ughelli, Delta State who was attacked and brutally murdered by the protesters also left another, Sergeant Patrick Okuone with serious body injury sustained from gunshot by the protesters. The protesters also carted away one (1) service AK47 rifle with breach no 56-2609008 and 25 rounds of live ammunition that was with the deceased at the time of the incident.

The IGP, who described the incident as cruel and unwarranted, has warned that the Force will no longer tolerate any attack on its personnel or any member of the law enforcement community by any individual or group protesting under any guise.

The IGP notes that protest by citizens remain a legitimate means for airing their concerns and views. It must however be carried out with all sense of responsibility and within the confines of the law.

The IGP, while condoling the family and friends of the late Corporal Etaga Stanley who paid the supreme price in the service of our dear nation, equally commended the officers of the Delta State Police Command for exercising restraint in the face of the immoral and unjustified provocation

Meanwhile, the IGP has directed the Commissioner of Police, Delta State to carry out a discrete investigation into the unfortunate incident, root-out the perpetrators and bring the killer protesters to book.

https://twitter.com/PoliceNG/status/1314471323670843392?s=19[/quote]
Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by Miracle2020: 4:13pm On Oct 09, 2020
I will empty my magazine on someone skull before any civilian will kill me. My dear soldiers and police don't give any evil man the chance to kill you in the name of rubbish protest.
The police are also Nigerians so I don't see any reason why civilian will be killing people that sacrifice their happiness in order to defend them.

1 Like

Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by Edeyoung: 5:29pm On Oct 09, 2020
[quote author=OkhaiAsein post=94766846][/quote]

E pain am
Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by Edeyoung: 5:30pm On Oct 09, 2020
Miracle2020:
I will empty my magazine on someone skull before any civilian will kill me. My dear soldiers and police don't give any evil man the chance to kill you in the name of rubbish protest.
The police are also Nigerians so I don't see any reason why civilian will be killing people that sacrifice their happiness in order to defend them.

Madman
Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by Miracle2020: 5:40pm On Oct 09, 2020
Edeyoung:

Madman
I was train to be a mad man.
My dear thanks for the compliment.
Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by Fgwa: 6:03pm On Oct 09, 2020
Davash222:
Oga IGP, What have you done to end the violence and barbaric murder of innocent civilians by your nonsense Law enforcement officers?

The hunters are being hunted, you now have a voice.

#Killsars would soon replace #Endsars if you fail to take prompt actions, Sir.

U think u are making sense?
Though people like you will never go out for protest.
Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by iambankx(m): 6:34pm On Oct 09, 2020
OkhaiAsein:

Whether you are a criminal or not one is at risk. Was the person watching football match in the act of stealing or accused of being a fraudster when he was killed. If this Sars is not properly reformed no one is safe, even the adults in the country countless of stray bullets have killed so many innocent citizens. We should learn to be objective and logical.
Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by Edeyoung: 8:32pm On Oct 09, 2020
Miracle2020:
I was train to be a mad man.
My dear thanks for the compliment.

Indeed you're really mad,

Condom should preventes you but your parents refused now we have to deal with your madness

I pity the state you reside
Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by femlad97(m): 10:12pm On Oct 09, 2020
Josnac:
wink
Why do these people actually take Nigerians to be fools??
Someone came for a peaceful protest, your men rile them up..and when the atmosphere becomes tensed they shoot and kill/wound unarmed citizens who are demanding accountability and respect to their right to life.

Abeg, I need someone here to go and tell this man he's not making any sense..I go pay your t-fare.
they wound who thugs and criminals are making use of this opportunity....i have some video of how it goes around my area here.....people made away with the police properties and even destroyed their cars and police station....we here are afraid now cos we know it will lead to another thing tomorrow.... alot of patrol now.....make people dey do peaceful protest....if you need the videos I will share with you
Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by Miracle2020: 10:17pm On Oct 09, 2020
Edeyoung:

Condom should preventes you but your parents refused now we have to deal with your madness

get your English together before I reply you.
Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by Miracle2020: 10:19pm On Oct 09, 2020
Edeyoung:

also, ask your grandma what is punctuation?
Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by Edeyoung: 10:20pm On Oct 09, 2020
Miracle2020:
get your English together before I reply you.

Seen your dad waa reading his English books wen he mistankely nutted inside your mom and you were mistakenly born

English lecturer sir,

My English is terrible any help

Mugu
Re: IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers by Edeyoung: 10:22pm On Oct 09, 2020
Miracle2020:
also, ask your grandma what is punctuation?

I never cared doing that because am typing it to a madman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oyo House Of Reps Member, Odidiomo Empowers Constituents With Goats / Governor Udom Grants Amnesty To A 64-Year-Old Prisoner (Photos) / Choose Fani-kayode As Running Mate, Group Tells Atiku, PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.