Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,142 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? (8126 Views)

My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? / Found A Guy In Her Apartment: Am I Overreacting? / Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 09, 2020

My husband (30m) and I (26f) have been married for two years. I try to stay relatively healthy and in good shape while he is quite overweight. Today he said to me while I was getting in the shower “wow that’s a perfect body, if only your t*ts were bigger”. I got quiet and he immediately said he was joking. I’m pretty confident in my body but I’m failing to find the humor in this statement. I walked into the bathroom and he followed me in, I asked him to give me some space and he left but came back two minutes later. I asked him once again to please give me space and he got mad at me and stomped off because he just wants to spend time with me and I am being ridiculous. He says I was overreacting to a joke and he is sorry I didn’t find it funny but he stands by the statement.

I’m not sure if he has resentment toward me because I am healthier or what the deal is, but I have been cold to him for a couple of hours. Am I overreacting?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Davash222(m): 11:59am On Oct 09, 2020
One can’t joke or play with his wife again. All thanks to these feminists!

Girls with lime breast are always like that. Very wicked and unforgiving. It’s in their genetics.

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Writendearn: 12:00pm On Oct 09, 2020
shocked
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 09, 2020
Okay
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by falcon01: 12:06pm On Oct 09, 2020
if he does that, call him a fat ass. Just play along with the joke even if you cant find any joke

15 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by konkonbilo(m): 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2020
peterangelo:

My husband (30m) and I (26f) have been married for two years. I try to stay relatively healthy and in good shape while he is quite overweight. Today he said to me while I was getting in the shower “wow that’s a perfect body, if only your t*ts were bigger”. I got quiet and he immediately said he was joking. I’m pretty confident in my body but I’m failing to find the humor in this statement. I walked into the bathroom and he followed me in, I asked him to give me some space and he left but came back two minutes later. I asked him once again to please give me space and he got mad at me and stomped off because he just wants to spend time with me and I am being ridiculous. He says I was overreacting to a joke and he is sorry I didn’t find it funny but he stands by the statement.

I’m not sure if he has resentment toward me because I am healthier or what the deal is, but I have been cold to him for a couple of hours. Am I overreacting?
Yes, you're overreacting. Husband and wife make fun of themselves when alone so what's the big deal You too make fun of him. Life's too short.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by ITbomb(m): 12:38pm On Oct 09, 2020
You should be lucky you have a husband that is polite enough to diplomatically tells you what he wants.

Most marriage crumpled because the couple finds it difficult to express themselves.

Be ready to accept criticism and work on it. Especially in areas of food, body, dress, mouth odor, expression. Encourage your hubby to be watching out for you, instead of giving him attitude

Don't get that mentality of "you saw me like that when you married me". Most time, partners get married for 70% good qualities, expecting the other 30% qualities to be worked on (or endured)

Nobody was ever a 100%

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by iTearHerToto: 12:39pm On Oct 09, 2020
Next time he throws such retort with a resonating "bag of beans" let's see how that'll go from there. (The kind of comment an avid feminist will adore)

And you forgot to tell us that you declined him the cookie in the bathroom afterwards... What a brainless way of trying to manipulate a man If that man apologizes to you again then he's a fool. Infact I'll advice him to allow his feministic wife and her punna grudge on that frivolous ish for as long as 2050
(The type workless nairaland boys celebrate)
I lie

Pukes angry

4 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by MAGG0T(m): 12:41pm On Oct 09, 2020
U and ur husband are confused sets..

I wonder why some men still crave for foolish things...

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Warlord2014(m): 12:53pm On Oct 09, 2020
MAGG0T:
U and ur husband are confused sets..

I wonder why some men still crave for foolish things...

You are a real maggot...what is wrong with such kinda of joke.
Wives still joke about the sizes of their husband's d*ck, and life still go on.

12 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by DennisEche(m): 1:01pm On Oct 09, 2020
peterangelo:

NA WAO TO YOU O, SO ONE CAN NOT PLAY WITH HIS WIFE AGAIN. WHAT WILL YOU NOW DO IF HE CALLS YOU MADAM BIG HEAD?
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Moneywirer: 1:25pm On Oct 09, 2020
He shouldn't have said that. He should imagine his phallus was about an inch and then the wife jokingly says, sweetheart what a nice nose but I just wish your tool was a bit longer.
Madam you still have to let it go!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by roybanjo100(m): 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2020
Someone cannot play with you...
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by krownie: 1:55pm On Oct 09, 2020
during sex just jokingly tell him you wished his d*ck was Abit bigger

Thank me later

6 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by virginprincess(f): 1:55pm On Oct 09, 2020
Why are you using a male moniker? are you sure this not a make up story, well if it not i guess he was just joking.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by cigwe(m): 1:55pm On Oct 09, 2020
What is t*ts? Biko

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by tstx(m): 2:55pm On Oct 09, 2020
Hmmm

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Lightangel65: 3:57pm On Oct 09, 2020
You are a narcissistic feminist, so someone cannot joke again, you don't deserve a man like him self you deserve one who would treat you like shit, and yes your boobs are like a 15yrs own,
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Oblongata: 4:03pm On Oct 09, 2020
Obviously you are still young and yet to get past that stage, you were meant to be mature and throw in a subtle banter, like ‘you nko? You no see your stomach?’. You were wrong dear, and yes, you shouldn’t have chased him away.

Dude loves your body that’s one of the reasons why he married you, don’t think deeper than that.

7 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by SavageResponse(m): 4:06pm On Oct 09, 2020
peterangelo:

Underneath every joke there is some truth!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by valgbo(m): 4:06pm On Oct 09, 2020
R/relationship advice posts

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Blogtech11: 4:07pm On Oct 09, 2020
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by ProphetofOdin: 4:20pm On Oct 09, 2020
You are overacting Ma.

By the way:
If you want to make an extra cash for yourself doing a legitimate side hustle please check my signature and follow the link. No down payment all you need is your phone and you can earn as much as 400k.
This is not a fast money making scheme it takes a bit of consistency and patience by working smart with your smart phone.
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Samakus(m): 4:40pm On Oct 09, 2020
Have a girl like the op some time back. She can throw banter but if you dare throw back, she will be so angry.

Me na play play kind of guy o. I can't kill myself

3 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Lovalovaphunmz(f): 4:44pm On Oct 09, 2020
[quote author=Davash222 post=94762759]One can’t joke or play with his wife again. All thanks to these feminists!

Girls with lime breast are always like that. Very wicked and unforgiving. It’s in their genetics.

Oga, She only asked for ur advice, u didnt av to continue with the body shaming.
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Lovalovaphunmz(f): 4:44pm On Oct 09, 2020
falcon01:
if he does that, call him a fat ass. Just play along with the joke even if you cant find any joke

1 cold bottle of origin for u jare
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Crownstar01: 4:48pm On Oct 09, 2020
peterangelo:

Yes, you are. Sometimes, you have to crack a joke with your husband. You don't have to be sad or downhearted about that.
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by RealEzee(m): 5:25pm On Oct 09, 2020
cigwe:
What is t*ts? Biko
past tense of teeth, gbam u have been enlightened now go into the world.
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Finnese001: 5:35pm On Oct 09, 2020
konkonbilo:
Yes, you're overreacting. Husband and wife make fun of themselves when alone so what's the big deal You too make fun of him. Life's too short.

I tire ooo

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Hintona(f): 5:51pm On Oct 09, 2020
Tell him "Wow you have become so overweight if only your dick was bigger than our neighbours sons own" grin and watch what happens

Don't come and complain later oo

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 09, 2020
Yeye dey smell for your head,,,,,,

Though he might not be joking firstly,,,,,,,,,,, because for him to say dat he might want it bigger,,,,,,,,but he saw you like dat before marriage,,,,,,so there's no point in dat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Good boys scarce my sister,,,,,,,see i cannot recommend some of my close friends for any girl i like grin,,,,,, some man won't give a Bleep about you getting angry,,,,,,,,,, be wise wink,,,,,,,

Grab your husband and give him the best making out this night wink cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I HATE Love(my Story) / The Wild And Worrisome Ways Of Women / Bacherlor's Club - Single Ladies Men Don’t Like To Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.