Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,588 members, 7,801,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? (8124 Views)

My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? / Found A Guy In Her Apartment: Am I Overreacting? / Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Sixfeetbelle: 3:05am On Oct 10, 2020
lefulefu:
most times if u want to know a man"s spec look at the side chick not the wife cheesy.Most guys marry women they are not sexually attracted to then have side chicks they find sexually attractive.na very men dey marry women they have a physical attraction for.

That's the issue with some men. They are confused and yet they refuse to accept it. If they marry physical beauty, they need intellectual beauty to hold the fort when love fades, but without physical beauty, love will fade even faster. And since its hard to find a lady who possess both equally, then a man is always at a crossroad.
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Sixfeetbelle: 3:10am On Oct 10, 2020
lefulefu:
character is important no doubt but any man wey tell u say na only character he go live for is deceiving.Even if u marry woman dat is super submissve,obedient and they kneel down before she serve u food and yet u dont find her sexually attractive then u must cheat cheesy.the physical things wey ur submissve obedient wife no get u will now be going out to search for other women wey get the thing cheesy.i for suggest make op go for breast enlargement surgery since the thing worries her that much

The breast augmentation surgery has its disadvantages in this case since she's doing it cause hubby wants it and pointed it out. I don't subscribe to her doing it to please her husband though. If he's attracted to her body, then he may start objectifying her and soon she becomes just a piece of toto for him and men are quick to label women as such.

Anyhow, they will find a way around their problem. What did I leave there that I'm talking about it like this?

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Nobody: 3:22am On Oct 10, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

That's the issue with some men. They are confused and yet they refuse to accept it. If they marry physical beauty, they need intellectual beauty to hold the fort when love fades, but without physical beauty, love will fade even faster. And since its hard to find a lady who possess both equally, then a man is always at a crossroad.

intellectual beauty as in she must be intelligent like albert einstein cheesy
me i am not obsessed about intellectual intelligence cheesy
as long as she"s not an slowpoke and looks good on the eye plus gives me peace of mind i am good to go cheesy
And talking of men who want intellectual beauty u cant just have it all like that
u can have a little of this one and a little of that.A man who says he wants a woman as intelligent as Albert Einstein and super beautiful is a man who is not realistic cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Nobody: 3:25am On Oct 10, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Anyhow, they will find a way around their problem. What did I leave there that I'm talking about it like this?
if the man has a matured character yes they can work around their differences
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by konkonbilo(m): 4:05am On Oct 10, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Why can't you see the underlining meaning behind the man's words?

"If only your breasts were bigger" is not a joke. That's the comment of a man wishing for something he can't have with his wife. He wishes it were bigger which means he may likely push for wife to get breast argumentation surgery or look for someone with bigger breasts to fulfill his wishes.

Now if he had said something like "see your small breasts like agabalumo" it sounds so much different from his initial comment. This one passes off as a joke and she can yab him back.

The way we word things clues in on our innermost desires. That man has seen a lady like his wife with bigger breasts and he wants it. His apology is just a cover-up.
what would you have had him done? He has apologized, said it was a joke. Why is she still not talking to him? Sometimes in life we don't always get what we want that doesn't mean he doesn't love his wife. He might be a fan of big brest, there's nothing wrong in that but he finds solace in his present wife. Before you know it's little things like this that escalate into bigger problems if you can't settle small issues like this.

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Sixfeetbelle: 4:08am On Oct 10, 2020
konkonbilo:
what would you have had him done? He has apologized, said it was a joke. Why is she still not talking to him? Sometimes in life we don't always get what we want that doesn't mean he doesn't love his wife. He might be a fan of big brest, there's nothing wrong in that but he finds solace in his present wife. Before you know it's little things like this that escalate into bigger problems if you can't settle small issues like this.

Okay.

At least we both know he's not joking.
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by konkonbilo(m): 4:12am On Oct 10, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Okay.

At least we both know he's not joking.
Any which way, make dem MOVE to the next chapter.

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Juliearth(f): 4:27am On Oct 10, 2020
peterangelo:

My husband (30m) and I (26f) have been married for two years. I try to stay relatively healthy and in good shape while he is quite overweight. Today he said to me while I was getting in the shower “wow that’s a perfect body, if only your t*ts were bigger”. I got quiet and he immediately said he was joking. I’m pretty confident in my body but I’m failing to find the humor in this statement. I walked into the bathroom and he followed me in, I asked him to give me some space and he left but came back two minutes later. I asked him once again to please give me space and he got mad at me and stomped off because he just wants to spend time with me and I am being ridiculous. He says I was overreacting to a joke and he is sorry I didn’t find it funny but he stands by the statement.

I’m not sure if he has resentment toward me because I am healthier or what the deal is, but I have been cold to him for a couple of hours. Am I overreacting?

Babe, you should learn to develop a thick skin. It is not everything that you should take to heart. Your husband was clearly joking about that. You need not take offense, but you can tell him that the line of joke is not in order
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 5:27am On Oct 10, 2020
ITbomb:
You should be lucky you have a husband that is polite enough to diplomatically tells you what he wants.

Most marriage crumpled because the couple finds it difficult to express themselves.

Be ready to accept criticism and work on it. Especially in areas of food, body, dress, mouth odor, expression. Encourage your hubby to be watching out for you, instead of giving him attitude

Don't get that mentality of "you saw me like that when you married me". Most time, partners get married for 70% good qualities, expecting the other 30% qualities to be worked on (or endured)

Nobody was ever a 100%
I keep telling my ex this but she refused to listen because of her asymmetric breast
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 5:30am On Oct 10, 2020
cigwe:
What is t*ts? Biko
Boobs or nipples
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 10, 2020
Hintona:
Tell him "Wow you have become so overweight if only your dick was bigger than our neighbours sons own" grin and watch what happens

Don't come and complain later oo

House wrecker..

Can u ever get married at all

I'm just asking ooo

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by MJluv(f): 8:15am On Oct 10, 2020
virginprincess:
Why are you using a male moniker? are you sure this not a make up story, well if it not i guess he was just joking.
OP better come and answer this oh. I'm very interested in this before I give my opinion.
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Lightangel65: 9:52am On Oct 10, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

I wish your preek was longer and fatter.

How does this statement sound to you coming from your wife of 2 years?

A bit mean, but he didn't compare her boobs to her mother, he only said wish your boobs had been bigger, not i wish your boobs were larger than your mom. Still a joke
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Sixfeetbelle: 1:09am On Oct 11, 2020
Lightangel65:

A bit mean, but he didn't compare her boobs to her mother, he only said wish your boobs had been bigger, not i wish your boobs were larger than your mom. Still a joke

He would have received a slap right there and then if he hard compared mother and child in terms of breasts.

Anyway, you still didn't answer my question. "I wish your preek was longer" how does it sound to you?
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by LINTUNE(m): 7:29am On Oct 11, 2020
Davash222:
One can’t joke or play with his wife again. All thanks to these feminists!

Girls with lime breast are always like that. Very wicked and unforgiving. It’s in their genetics.
guy e tire me..just imagine..
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by LINTUNE(m): 7:45am On Oct 11, 2020
pozehnani:
My dear, you're not overreacting. Youre on point. Next time, he'll learn how to bridle his tongue. Hes prolly seen a bigger tits out there and wishes (like he rightly told you) you have it.

Don't let him manipulate you. He meant it and out of the abundance of his heart he has spoken. But because he's seen you don't find it funny, he's tryna twist the whole thing on you. To think he's the one with the not so great body but you never complained and he has the guts to bodyshame you. Men are always like that.

Just give him the warning of his life never to body -shame you again. Then let it slide.

here is one bitter feminist,i guess u just need a man to bang u properly, so u will have a rethink about men..
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by LINTUNE(m): 8:00am On Oct 11, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

The breast augmentation surgery has its disadvantages in this case since she's doing it cause hubby wants it and pointed it out. I don't subscribe to her doing it to please her husband though. If he's attracted to her body, then he may start objectifying her and soon she becomes just a piece of toto for him and men are quick to label women as such.

have noticed how u are always bitter towards men, i just hope it ends online, cos u will only end up not ever having any man in ur life, if u take this perception offline, cos u will always find fault in every man..change ur ways madam, there are lot of good men out there , free ur mind from hate of the male gender..
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by DenreleDave(m): 10:37am On Oct 12, 2020
Juliearth:

Babe, you should learn to develop a thick skin. It is not everything that you should take to heart. Your husband was clearly joking about that. You need not take offense, but you can tell him that the line of joke is not in order

No updates abt ur journey undecided undecided undecided
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by dederocs(m): 10:39am On Oct 12, 2020
Take it easy, make you no loose your man, men like to express themselves freely.
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Juliearth(f): 1:42pm On Oct 12, 2020
DenreleDave:

Smiles, sorry my love, let me remail you via email. grin grin
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Juliearth(f): 1:47pm On Oct 12, 2020
DenreleDave:

Please check your mail.
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by DenreleDave(m): 2:05pm On Oct 12, 2020
Juliearth:

Please check your mail.

Seen I replied u.. Thank God u realized earlier
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by DrFunmisticGlow: 2:13pm On Oct 12, 2020
peterangelo:

My husband (30m) and I (26f) have been married for two years. I try to stay relatively healthy and in good shape while he is quite overweight. Today he said to me while I was getting in the shower “wow that’s a perfect body, if only your t*ts were bigger”. I got quiet and he immediately said he was joking. I’m pretty confident in my body but I’m failing to find the humor in this statement. I walked into the bathroom and he followed me in, I asked him to give me some space and he left but came back two minutes later. I asked him once again to please give me space and he got mad at me and stomped off because he just wants to spend time with me and I am being ridiculous. He says I was overreacting to a joke and he is sorry I didn’t find it funny but he stands by the statement.

I’m not sure if he has resentment toward me because I am healthier or what the deal is, but I have been cold to him for a couple of hours. Am I overreacting?
He's insecure. Next time he talks bad about your body, tell him that his dick is small.

This sounds like a reddit story.
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Juliearth(f): 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2020
DenreleDave:

Seen I replied u.. Thank God u realized earlier

Exactly, thanks again.
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 12, 2020
peterangelo:

Why Are U Taking D Issue So Serious? Something He Would Still Come 4 When He Is Hot. If He Makes Joke With Ur T*ts, Make A Joke With His D*ck Too. Tell Him Dat His D*ck Small Oo, If He Gets Angry Tell Him U Were Only Joking Too. Don't Let Dat Bring Misunderstand Btw Both Of U.
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Nobody: 1:00am On Oct 13, 2020
peterangelo:

After 2 years, oga still wishes your chest was bigger. You sure say him no dey watch po.rn? Or he's lusting after someone else's chest?
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Nobody: 1:03am On Oct 13, 2020
LINTUNE:
guy e tire me..just imagine..
You may think its a joke but not funny at all.
How would he feel if she said same about his di.ck?
Lets be honest, after 2 years he still makes such statement ... Las las he's looking at someone else's bress.
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Mrscarter(f): 4:19am On Oct 13, 2020
DennisEche:

NA WAO TO YOU O, SO ONE CAN NOT PLAY WITH HIS WIFE AGAIN. WHAT WILL YOU NOW DO IF HE CALLS YOU MADAM BIG HEAD?

Lol my hubby calls me big headgrin
Ion mind. I do have a bit of a big head n I have big hair which makes it look biggergrin
You are what you are n U should be able to tease n play with each other in a relationship.

The op ..your hubby wishes U had bigger boobs there's nothing wrong with that it dnt mean he dnt love you.
As long as he's not nasty bout it.
Just let him know the comment made U feel insecure or self conscious or whatever it made U feel n forget bout it.
No need to stay cranky towards him that won't make things better in Ur marraige

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by LINTUNE(m): 6:54am On Oct 13, 2020
Chii59:

You may think its a joke but not funny at all.
How would he feel if she said same about his di.ck?
Lets be honest, after 2 years he still makes such statement ... Las las he's looking at someone else's bress.
so she cant admire other women bress?, is that even possible...if my wifes makes such silly jokes about my dick, ill jokingly tell her, its not about size, but function...where is ur sense of humour, woman..
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Nobody: 6:17am On Feb 20, 2021
peterangelo:
[b]

Next time,tell him he looks handsome but this his overweight made him look like a toad.
He will mind his speeches next time.
[/b]
Re: Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? by Nobody: 6:19am On Feb 20, 2021
LINTUNE:
so she cant admire other women bress?, is that even possible...if my wifes makes such silly jokes about my dick, ill jokingly tell her, its not about size, but function...where is ur sense of humour, woman..

Why should a married man admire another woman's breasts?
Low self esteem women full here oo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Settling With A Non Virgin Is A Big Risk, A Gamble, It Will Cost You. / I HATE Love(my Story) / Insecticide Cover Got Stuck In Lady's Vagina While Masturbating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.