Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,533 members, 7,801,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging (58496 Views)

Gracious David West Threatens Journalist For Snapping Him, Remanded In Prison / Gracious David West: I Give The Phones Of My Victims To 'China' / Gracious David West: Port-Harcourt Serial Killer Identified? PortHarcourthawties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by modsfucker: 1:20pm On Oct 09, 2020
Court sentences Rivers serial killer David-West to death by hanging

After about six months of trial, a High Court sitting in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital, on Friday, sentenced Gracious David-West, a serial killer, to death by hanging.

Presiding Judge, Justice Adolphus Enebele, while delivering his judgement on Friday said the suspect was convicted of the murder of eleven young women and attempted murder of a prospective victim identified as Benita Etim in a hotel in 2019.

Justice Enebele stated that the prosecution team was able to convince the court that David-West actually killed all eleven women at various hotel rooms in Port Harcourt and other parts of the state.

The court however discharged and acquitted the second defendant in the case, Nimi ThankGod, who is facing one count of misconduct with the corpse of one of David-West’s victims.

The PUNCH had earlier reported that David-West, who was arrested and paraded by the police in September 2019, confessed to killing seven young women; one in Lagos State, one in Owerri, Imo State, and five others in Rivers State.

Counsel for David-West, Vincent Chukwu, in his plea of allocutus on behalf of his client, pleaded for leniency on the grounds that his client is a father of three children.

However, the state prosecuting counsel led by Chidi Ekeh, said the 1st defendant (David-West) didn’t deserve any leniency and urged the court to ensure justice in the matter.

Speaking with journalists outside the courtroom, Ekeh said the judgement would serve as a deterrent to other persons with such criminal, pointing out that the 2nd defendant was freed because it was difficult to prove to the court that the accused committed the crime.

According to Ekeh, “With respect to the 2nd defendant, she escaped by the whiskers, not that the offence with which she was charged was not committed.

“But it was difficult to determine who exactly did it as the witnesses who would have ordinarily provided that answer suddenly disappeared from the state until date.

“I am happy that this judgment was given. It would serve as a deterrent to all persons with such disposition to know that there are consequences.”

On his part, counsel for David-West, Vincent Chukwu, said he will appeal the judgment.

https://punchng.com/rivers-serial-killer-david-west-to-die-by-hanging/?amp=1

Photo credit: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-54474154.amp

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Millimann: 1:21pm On Oct 09, 2020
Even after forming born again inside prison.

This is fair judgement unlike the repentant Boko Haram ish.

184 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Or11: 1:21pm On Oct 09, 2020
Quick judgement, well done

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by ckmayoca: 1:23pm On Oct 09, 2020
Good judgement

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 09, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

E get some people case, you don't need to prolong the courts case. if they are found guilty, do accordingly.

This a very good news. How can you kill people, my question is how does such people sleep? No conscious.

He that kill by the sword will surely die by the sword.

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by SpecTTraP: 1:24pm On Oct 09, 2020
Good for him. Who kills has no right to live.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by amiibaby(f): 1:27pm On Oct 09, 2020
Good

5 Likes

Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 09, 2020
angry

Rip in advance.

Greet fela,tupac shakur for me.

12 Likes

Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Bbbwings: 1:38pm On Oct 09, 2020
If Boko Haram members can be rehabilitated, the judge should have tempered justice undecided
Courtesy of the deaf commander in chief

The dullard in chief should please respond to this end SARS protest

11 Likes

Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Aboks(m): 1:41pm On Oct 09, 2020
Serves you right for killing innocent people, only the dullard of a president can do this to terrorists Nigeria would be a better place

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by dangermouse(m): 1:53pm On Oct 09, 2020
A time to kill definitely

4 Likes

Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Homeboiy: 2:00pm On Oct 09, 2020
Just like rev king since 10 yrs ago

1 Like

Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by illicit(m): 2:24pm On Oct 09, 2020
Wow

Good riddance to bad rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by aziza45442: 4:00pm On Oct 09, 2020
Even after forming born again inside jail.This is impartiality knell unlike the magdalen Boko Haram ish.

3 Likes

Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Adonis86(m): 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2020
Ironically, this man's execution will never see the light of the day.

Not gonna be executed because in Nigeria, we play double standing role in judicial matters and in giving justice to the lowly placed and downtrodden individuals in our society.

Rev. King was sentenced to same death over 7 years ago, till date, he's yet to be executed. Clifford orji and Otokoto, who executed them?
I guess God almighty remains the perfect judge of all time. At His time, He'll call all and sundry for trial.

Remember this man might be working for some highly placed individuals and some demigods in our society, hence they might not let him go down this way.

Remember also that Nigeria at the moment has less than 5 hangmen in the country as we speak.... So, who will bell the cat?

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2020
I hope they carry it out immediately.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by DamnnNiggarr: 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2020
cheesy
Now this is good news
Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Design23: 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2020

The trial took forever
Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2020
One down.... those useless killers in uniform should be made to face same penalty

If an officer is made to pay the capital punishment for every extrajudicial killing carried out, this impunity will end overnight

#endsars #endpolicebrutality #endsarsbrutality

2 Likes

Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by SaintBishop: 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2020
Rip kalabari man.

2 Likes

Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Enudapan: 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated

So this man still dey alive
He deserves death my stoning or my burning
Hanging is like petting to him

The should have Even killed him immediately after the judgement
Cos baba fit go Supreme Court
Nd we all know that nowadays supreme Court can do wonders

2 Likes

Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by MrImole: 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2020
Not bad, but i think he should be castrated without anaesthetic first.

Just my opinion

6 Likes

Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by iamvictorbassey: 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2020
W
Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Hoojay(f): 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2020
Ewo!!! Death by hanging.... shocked shocked shocked

I will deliver TEETH WHITENER anywhere within Lagos, chat up!
Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by zoedew: 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2020
The Governors are not signing execution warrants!
Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by DenreleDave(m): 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2020
grin this man cud have repented and become a great man of God..

Why kill him? This man needs help, killing him will lead to rise of 100s of David west again...

They shud have rehabilitated him

This is greatly unfair.....
Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by flemsy15(m): 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2020
In Nigeria, death sentences are d same as life imprisonment since they require the governor to sign which they don't normally do.
But nice and quick judgement all the same

7 Likes

Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by WonderManly(m): 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2020
Good! But if i should be the judge: I will just ask them to kill him by using step by step method. Starting by cutting off his right hand follow by right leg next by his right eye. Then start again by left hand also follow by his left eye. At this stage he won't know/see when the last operation will take on. By this time his dying already... So rest in advance to him!
Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Slawormir: 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2020
Damnnn niggarrr
Nice

Millimann:
Even after forming born again inside prison.
This is fair judgement unlike the repentant Boko Haram ish.
Boko haram case is different...
Most of them were forced to join

They didn't volunteer

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Blessed1990: 9:05pm On Oct 09, 2020
Justice can only be delayed, but it can never be denied.

2 Likes

Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by CalabarPikin: 9:05pm On Oct 09, 2020
Good one

I wish the death can be gradual angry

1 Like

Re: Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging by chipet67(m): 9:05pm On Oct 09, 2020
I would have asked you to greet Michael Jackson for me, but it's obvious you're not going to Heaven.

So greet Lord Lugard for me.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I Thought He Was An Antelope" - Hunter Who Shot Imam Dead (Photo) / Policeman Attacked With Acid In Nkpor, Anambra By Angry Youths (Photos) / EFCC Raids Club 360 Ibadan. Many Arrested and Others Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.