Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

‘it Has Gone Beyond Reforms’- Desmond Elliot Backs Calls For #endsars (VIDEO) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘it Has Gone Beyond Reforms’- Desmond Elliot Backs Calls For #endsars (VIDEO) (349 Views)

Those Who Criticize Desmond Elliot Are Praising Peter Obi / Hanifa: Aisha Buhari Backs Calls For Public Execution Of Proprietor / Desmond Elliot Celebrates Speaker Gbajabiamila With Posters In Surulere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘it Has Gone Beyond Reforms’- Desmond Elliot Backs Calls For #endsars (VIDEO) by TA4TA4: 1:56pm On Oct 09, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fzXkgQQq6A

Actor and the member representing Surulere
Constituency in the Lagos State House of Assembly, Desmond Elliot, has backed the call for the disbandment of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad(SARS).

While addressing #EndSARS protesters at the Lagos Assembly complex in Ikeja the Lagos state capital today October 9, Elliott believes that the brutality by some members of the Special Anti-Robbery (SARS) unit has gone beyond releasing hotlines for their activities to be reported or for a reform to be carried out.

“It has gone beyond having hotlines or doing reforms. As the Deputy Speaker rightly said, we really need to look into it.

The IG of police seriously must consider. Nigeria Police are working for the people. If the (SARS) unit is working for the people and the people are calling for it to be disbanded, then let us do what they are saying.”he said

He frowned at the attitude of some SARS officers who arrest people because of their appearance.

“The truth is, you can’t just arrest people on the road because of the hair they wear. That is not to say that we do not have bad people but because of the lack of training on how to deal civilly with people, we now come to have what SARS is today.

So, I am in alignment with the prayers of the deputy speaker and I feel that we should do that expeditiously.”Elliott said

The outcry against police brutality and extra-judicial killings continued on Friday October 9, with protesters occupying the Lagos State House of Assembly Complex.
Re: ‘it Has Gone Beyond Reforms’- Desmond Elliot Backs Calls For #endsars (VIDEO) by okpalaAnambra: 2:15pm On Oct 09, 2020
Nice one Desmond
He's right.. The sars saga is beyond reform of sars

Actually south west has by far the highest brutality from sars esp lagos and Ogun followed by south south esp delta and Edo and then south east esp Anambra and Imo.. While in the north, the North Central is the most affected esp Benue and kogi, followed by North East esp Taraba and then least with the North West.

I hope I made a valid summary, by and large southern Nigeria is the most affected.. Maybe since there is no boko haram in the south they now dashed us Sars to equalise it since we practice quota system in Nigeria.. Pathetically pathetic embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: ‘it Has Gone Beyond Reforms’- Desmond Elliot Backs Calls For #endsars (VIDEO) by SmartProf(m): 2:15pm On Oct 09, 2020
Some politicians are just pretending to show empathy so they can stay popular amongst the people. This is someone who delivered toilets to his constituents as project and supports godfatherism in a democracy. Apart from end SARS which is a populist movement by the youths, has he spoken up as a youthful legislator about other ills of society? They jump with the bandwagon to win the hearts of the populace. I can't be decieved by this gimmick.

1 Like

Re: ‘it Has Gone Beyond Reforms’- Desmond Elliot Backs Calls For #endsars (VIDEO) by slivertongue: 2:17pm On Oct 09, 2020
noted
Re: ‘it Has Gone Beyond Reforms’- Desmond Elliot Backs Calls For #endsars (VIDEO) by jagaban002(m): 2:25pm On Oct 09, 2020
#endsars
The abuse is too much ,
I will never forget the day they stopped me my wife and my 6month old baby at ajah to search our phone while coming out of the shoprite sangotedo and when they can’t Find anything They had to follow us home and confirmed am not into anything illegal b4 they leave .
All my neighbors were looking at us like criminals .
When they got to my house and see many tokubo Tyres they still wanna #tag me as Criminal b4 I had to make some calls b4 they leave .

I can’t fight them because of my wife and small baBy

That’s No 1 abuse of power they must be stopped

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘it Has Gone Beyond Reforms’- Desmond Elliot Backs Calls For #endsars (VIDEO) by Artisappng: 2:26pm On Oct 09, 2020
Godson, glad you're part of this too.

Locate and contact artisans from anywhere in Nigeria. See link below

(1) (Reply)

Sam Otom: We Learnt A Lot From Kidd Waya / i / Endsars: I Won't Sign-off 2021 Budget If... - Gbajabiamila The Street Journal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.