Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,566 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Queen Elizabeth Wanted Harry & Meghan To Move To South Africa -Not America (PIX) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Queen Elizabeth Wanted Harry & Meghan To Move To South Africa -Not America (PIX) (1736 Views)

“this Is Not America,i’m Not A Cougar” –comedienne Chigul Warns Young Men(video) / Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics / Queen Elizabeth Reacts To Meghan Markle’s Family Drama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Queen Elizabeth Wanted Harry & Meghan To Move To South Africa -Not America (PIX) by YEBOmadiba: 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2020
Earlier this year, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced that they were stepping down as senior members of the royal family, and would divide their time between the U.K. and North America. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have since left behind their official royal roles, and are residing in a new home in Montecito.

Before Prince Harry and Meghan made their big decision, Queen Elizabeth had a different solution in mind to try and help the couple. She wanted to have the Duke and Duchess of Sussex live in South Africa for a year or two, where they could work in a new role within the royal family, reports royal historian Robert Lacey in his upcoming book, Battle of Brothers.

The Queen had “heard and read much of Harry and Meghan’s wish to live an ‘ordinary’ existence,” which reminded her of the years between 1949 and 1951 that she spent with Prince Philip in Malta. Queen Elizabeth wanted to provide the Sussexes with a similar experience, while also giving them the “honor and responsibility” of a new role within the Commonwealth.

Queen Elizabeth knew how special South Africa was to the Sussexes and "modern South Africa, with its black-majority rule, could be just the spot" — and the couple themselves seemed interested by the notion. Their relationship had taken flower in Africa after all, it’s where they traveled on their third date, and Prince Harry even sourced a diamond for Meghan’s engagement ring from neighbouring Botswana. She thought it made sense for the couple, and that “Johannesburg could be their Malta.”

It would also allow Prince Harry and Meghan to have some distance from the U.K., and from other members of the royal family, as the Sussexes were reportedly not on the best of terms with Prince William and Kate Middleton.

Alas, the Queen’s plan for the Sussexes didn’t pan out, and Prince Harry and Meghan ended up stepping down from their royal roles altogether earlier this year. They moved to California in March, and are settling into their home in Santa Barbara, where they plan on building their new life, continuing work on their foundation, Archewell, and raising their son, Archie.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Elizabeth Wanted Harry & Meghan To Move To South Africa -Not America (PIX) by Freestainworld(m): 3:44pm On Oct 09, 2020
I love this couple, I respect their decision too.

3 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth Wanted Harry & Meghan To Move To South Africa -Not America (PIX) by Righteousness89(m): 3:46pm On Oct 09, 2020
Good for them..
Everyone have what they desire...

My own Greatest Desire is to Get out of this Wicked, Decaying and Unattractive World !

My Desire is to Go Meet my Precious Daddy!

Re: Queen Elizabeth Wanted Harry & Meghan To Move To South Africa -Not America (PIX) by YEBOmadiba: 3:53pm On Oct 09, 2020
Freestainworld:
I love this couple, I respect their decision too.

I like William & Kate more. But I respect your decision too. cool

2 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth Wanted Harry & Meghan To Move To South Africa -Not America (PIX) by YEBOmadiba: 4:04pm On Oct 09, 2020
Harry & Meghan 2019 SA Tour

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Elizabeth Wanted Harry & Meghan To Move To South Africa -Not America (PIX) by MyMilkshake(f): 4:14pm On Oct 09, 2020
They went to the US to be near Hollywood.

4 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth Wanted Harry & Meghan To Move To South Africa -Not America (PIX) by MyMilkshake(f): 4:15pm On Oct 09, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

I like William & Kate more. But I respect your decision too. cool

Lol
Re: Queen Elizabeth Wanted Harry & Meghan To Move To South Africa -Not America (PIX) by Writendearn: 4:35pm On Oct 09, 2020
cheesy
Re: Queen Elizabeth Wanted Harry & Meghan To Move To South Africa -Not America (PIX) by YEBOmadiba: 4:57pm On Oct 09, 2020
Sussexes meet the Tutus

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth Wanted Harry & Meghan To Move To South Africa -Not America (PIX) by MyMilkshake(f): 5:28pm On Oct 09, 2020
YEBOmadiba:
Sussexes meet the Tutus

Where's Archbishop Desmond Tutu this days
Re: Queen Elizabeth Wanted Harry & Meghan To Move To South Africa -Not America (PIX) by YEBOmadiba: 5:41pm On Oct 09, 2020
MyMilkshake:

Where's Archbishop Desmond Tutu this days

Still around but in poor health embarassed
Re: Queen Elizabeth Wanted Harry & Meghan To Move To South Africa -Not America (PIX) by SavageResponse(m): 5:52pm On Oct 09, 2020
Is this guy not too young to be having a bald head already?
Re: Queen Elizabeth Wanted Harry & Meghan To Move To South Africa -Not America (PIX) by Houseofglam7(f): 5:57pm On Oct 09, 2020
kiss
Re: Queen Elizabeth Wanted Harry & Meghan To Move To South Africa -Not America (PIX) by chinwe74548: 7:01pm On Oct 09, 2020
:I love this few, I respect their ruling too.I like William & Kate more. But I respect your ruling too.

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth Wanted Harry & Meghan To Move To South Africa -Not America (PIX) by YEBOmadiba: 7:24pm On Oct 09, 2020
SavageResponse:
Is this guy not too young to be having a bald head already?

It's genetic. William has also been bald for the longest time now.

Re: Queen Elizabeth Wanted Harry & Meghan To Move To South Africa -Not America (PIX) by YEBOmadiba: 8:25pm On Oct 09, 2020
chinwe74548:
:I love this few, I respect their ruling too.I like William & Kate more. But I respect your ruling too.

Same WhatsApp group cool
Re: Queen Elizabeth Wanted Harry & Meghan To Move To South Africa -Not America (PIX) by MyMilkshake(f): 9:17pm On Oct 09, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

Still around but in poor health embarassed

Praying for him.
Re: Queen Elizabeth Wanted Harry & Meghan To Move To South Africa -Not America (PIX) by WannaHowzit(m): 9:36pm On Oct 09, 2020
YEBOmadiba:
Earlier this year, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced that they were stepping down as senior members of the royal family, and would divide their time between the U.K. and North America. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have since left behind their official royal roles, and are residing in a new home in Montecito.

Before Prince Harry and Meghan made their big decision, Queen Elizabeth had a different solution in mind to try and help the couple. She wanted to have the Duke and Duchess of Sussex live in South Africa for a year or two, where they could work in a new role within the royal family, reports royal historian Robert Lacey in his upcoming book, Battle of Brothers.

The Queen had “heard and read much of Harry and Meghan’s wish to live an ‘ordinary’ existence,” which reminded her of the years between 1949 and 1951 that she spent with Prince Philip in Malta. Queen Elizabeth wanted to provide the Sussexes with a similar experience, while also giving them the “honor and responsibility” of a new role within the Commonwealth.

Queen Elizabeth knew how special South Africa was to the Sussexes and "modern South Africa, with its black-majority rule, could be just the spot" — and the couple themselves seemed interested by the notion. Their relationship had taken flower in Africa after all, it’s where they traveled on their third date, and Prince Harry even sourced a diamond for Meghan’s engagement ring from neighbouring Botswana. She thought it made sense for the couple, and that “Johannesburg could be their Malta.”

It would also allow Prince Harry and Meghan to have some distance from the U.K., and from other members of the royal family, as the Sussexes were reportedly not on the best of terms with Prince William and Kate Middleton.

Alas, the Queen’s plan for the Sussexes didn’t pan out, and Prince Harry and Meghan ended up stepping down from their royal roles altogether earlier this year. They moved to California in March, and are settling into their home in Santa Barbara, where they plan on building their new life, continuing work on their foundation, Archewell, and raising their son, Archie.

The Queen is on to something here. I agree.
Re: Queen Elizabeth Wanted Harry & Meghan To Move To South Africa -Not America (PIX) by YEBOmadiba: 7:50pm On Oct 10, 2020
MyMilkshake:
They went to the US to be near Hollywood.

The South Africa option was also in condition that they return to the UK after a few years, which they're not willing to do.

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth Wanted Harry & Meghan To Move To South Africa -Not America (PIX) by MyMilkshake(f): 2:30am On Oct 11, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

The South Africa option was also in condition that they return to the UK after a few years, which they're not willing to do.

You think one day they return to royal family?

(1) (Reply)

Wife Of Ooni Of Ife Attends Naming Ceremony Of Incarcerated #endsars Protester / Unical Student Oluchi SEX VIDEO Getting Pounded By Her Boyfriend On Camera / Nancy Isime Reacts To Allegation Of Affair With Married UK Based Businessman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.