Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,851 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:35 AM

My Bitter Experience With SARS - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Bitter Experience With SARS (590 Views)

My Bitter Experience At The Police Station / Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS / Armed Robbers Nabbed After Shootout With SARS Operatives In Bayelsa. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bitter Experience With SARS by kabillionaire(m): 4:41pm On Oct 09, 2020
Sharing ones unpleasant experiences in the hands of law enforcement officers, especially police, SARS or FSARS in this country is like that of rape victims, whose painful ordeal goes mostly silent until the masses start speaking up. Partly because, sharing it at the time might get you killed or, nobody will care because it's the order of the day. Besides, Nigerian laws hardly protect ordinary citizens.
Mine is no different. In 2012, after so many years of sojourn in foreign lands, I visited my home town; what awaits me I never experienced it in other places I've been to.
On that un-faithful day, I visited a friend on the same street with me, just four houses away from mine.
By exactly 10: 30pm, I left his house for mine, lo and behold, the almighty F(SARS) were harassing innocent people in the area; been new back in-town, I was naive.
To cut a very long and painful story short, that's how they bundled us without excuse to zone B police station. After a while they brought in others, and others, then others till the cells filled up.
It was on a Thursday, locked up without a crime till Friday noon so that hunger will play some tricks on you, were hunger left off, the fear of spending weekend behind bars completes the job. When they finally came with hang over, they will call out only three persons at a time give you your phone to call your relatives for the first time in almost 24 hours to bring your bail money.
When my turn finally came, I instead called my family lawyer, that's when my ordeal really started.
After one of them tried breaking my fingers, they took me to their temporary office, after which I was taken to the state headquarters and labeled a CULTIST for lack of anything to pin on me.
Finally, I don't really know how much my big brother coughed out to secure my bail.
Since then and other things I have been witnessing, I gave up on the project called NIGERIA.
What's your experience?

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With SARS by SpecTTraP: 4:51pm On Oct 09, 2020
Hmmmmm
Re: My Bitter Experience With SARS by decatalyst(m): 5:00pm On Oct 09, 2020
It's a sad situation we have on our hands.

May God help us.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With SARS by hisgrace090: 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2020
SARS quest for easy cash have really dealth with Nigerians.

This kidnap and bailing out must stop.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With SARS by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 10, 2020
I stand with Reform_SARS angry

Most SARS operatives are cultists/drug addicts tongue

Meanwhile,,
If you know you can't train your children well, kindly control your child bearing. We already have more than enough thugs/devilish pikins abeg. The future of this nation no be here o lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With SARS by kabillionaire(m): 11:30am On Oct 10, 2020
SimplyFacts:
I stand with Reform_SARS angry

Most SARS operatives are cultists/drug addicts tongue

Meanwhile,,
If you know you can't train your children well, kindly control your child bearing. We already have more than enough thugs/devilish pikins abeg. The future of this nation no be here o lipsrsealed

I totally agree with you.

The weirdest thing is that, been an ex-convict is one of the criteria for recruiting FSARS personnel

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With SARS by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 10, 2020
kabillionaire:

I totally agree with you.

The weirdest thing is that, been an ex-convict is one of the criteria for recruiting FSARS personnel
No wonder! The mean looks on the faces of the so called SARS,,, clearly show that,,, life has no meaning to them

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Scam Alert: Empowerment Scheme Group Defrauded Market Women In Ado-ekiti / Two Men Park Their Cars In The Middle Of A Busy Lagos Road To Fight. / Yahoo Boy Explains How He Uses BVN & SIM To Defraud Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.