Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

#EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform (66909 Views)

2023: I Will Be At Forefront Of Tinubu’s Campaign – Buhari / Presidential Campaign: Buhari Deceiving Tinubu, Says Afenifere / Tinubu Is Fully-in-charge Of my Presidential Campaign - Buhari (FULL SPEECH) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by OlowuJohn: 10:25pm On Oct 09, 2020
idogbo:
Stop exhibiting madness everywhere, if they harass or killed u or any member of your family then you will learn to appreciate people put there life at risk to protest. Na chickenhearted people like u keep naija for where e de today...s w I n e

Do you think you are so smart, I am a Night crawler, when Police ask for my Identities, I provide them; our youths needs to live right, they have misplaced their priorities.
We all know the truth, 95% of Nigerian youth from 18 - 25, see fraud as a way of life; defrauding people's hard earn money is no remorse to them, working hard is strange to them. They don't learn trade and they don't school properly.
We are getting it wrong, a time will come the whites will block all of our Cyber crimes and we Nigerians will look for ourselves to defraud.
SARS reform is cool, but let the youth live right.

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by ceejayluv(m): 10:25pm On Oct 09, 2020
tunize:

You spoke well sir fact is that we are so aware that SARS have consiously killed innocent persons no doubt and also their mode and method of operation is so so bad. That been said, scraping the system is not the best way to go but rather reform with good measures in place. So many people have negative vibes behind this whole end SARS saga infact even the so called guilty ones are only shouting end SARS to suit them. People have not really thought about the disadvantage of agitating for scraping of SARS
(Even robbers now currently go dey join do end SARS).
The Endsars campaign is to highlight Police Brutality And extortion in general. SARS personnel are police officers by default, so if the government is serious they can reselect motivated personnel and re-establish another unit

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by GOATandYAMtheory: 10:26pm On Oct 09, 2020
ceejayluv:

I guess This girl was a fraudster..

www.dailypost.ng/2020/09/22/abuja-ifeoma-abugu-lady-arrested-in-place-of-fiance-dies-in-sars-custody/

Or this guy was fraudulently watching a match at a viewing center:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/04/01/video-outrage-as-sars-shoots-man-dead-while-watching-football/amp/

Or this guy was fraudulently following his musical career::

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/angry-youths-protest-as-cop-shoots-rivers-musician-dead/%3famp=1

Besides, where is it legal to shoot Yahoo boys at sight?. SARS was established to deal with Armed crime.
Please stop and think for a while.

Tell me what is working in the world and I will mention it's flaws to you. the fact that some SARS officers misbehave does not mean you call for the eradication of SARS. it beats logic. if you mean business, you should be calling for a complete overhaul or reform.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Yahksbiz(m): 10:26pm On Oct 09, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:
I only pity the innocent ones joining this protest cos they found others doing it. As we know, Nigeria is a country where many do things because they want to be a part of the trend.

So many are on this forum praising the protesters and even encouraging people to kill SARS while they themselves are at home hiding.

Of all the things bedeviling this country, why should #endsars be of high priority if not that some professional fraudsters are behind this?

Because of these professional fraudsters, many of the opportunities to be enjoyed by some of us who wants to earn legitimate income online have been lost. You want to apply for a job online and you find out that you can't do this just because you are Nigerian. If you have had this experience before and you are joining the yahoo boys to call for SARS to be eradicated, you need a brain check.

Mention me all you can, I will only grin @ it. This is a forum where you will see Nigerian youth defend corrupt politicians and yahoo boys openly.. so I won't be surprised when these set of people mention me to defend what they believe in.

las las because you want make them mention you that was why you trashed out those thorn out of your out.

5 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by yungmill(m): 10:27pm On Oct 09, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:
I only pity the innocent ones joining this protest cos they found others doing it. As we know, Nigeria is a country where many do things because they want to be a part of the trend.

So many are on this forum praising the protesters and even encouraging people to kill SARS while they themselves are at home hiding.

Of all the things bedeviling this country, why should #endsars be of high priority if not that some professional fraudsters are behind this?

Because of these professional fraudsters, many of the opportunities to be enjoyed by some of us who wants to earn legitimate income online have been lost. You want to apply for a job online and you find out that you can't do this just because you are Nigerian. If you have had this experience before and you are joining the yahoo boys to call for SARS to be eradicated, you need a brain check.

Mention me all you can, I will only grin @ it. This is a forum where you will see Nigerian youth defend corrupt politicians and yahoo boys openly.. so I won't be surprised when these set of people mention me to defend what they believe in.
When a brain dead fool speaks, how can you generalise an inference from a particular as against a general and its sound and valid to you, i wont even call you my bro as you are dumber than dumb! by your logic people shouldn't eat because there is a marginal percentile they will choke! Have your head examined and once again your brain is free and not a gift, use it!

5 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 09, 2020
tunize:

You spoke well sir fact is that we are so aware that SARS have consiously killed innocent persons no doubt and also their mode and method of operation is so so bad. That been said, scraping the system is not the best way to go but rather reform with good measures in place. So many people have negative vibes behind this whole end SARS saga infact even the so called guilty ones are only shouting end SARS to suit them. People have not really thought about the disadvantage of agitating for scraping of SARS
(Even robbers now currently go dey join do end SARS).
Hello, Sars was reformed to FSars, Banned 5 times in 2 years! They only became more deadly. So why should the people trust another reform?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by femi4: 10:28pm On Oct 09, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:

You are dull, If you are dead...how will you fight for other social amenities.

The no1 human right is RIGHT TO LIVE

Supo dodoyo!

5 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by greggng: 10:28pm On Oct 09, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
They can never end sars.... Will they sack all sars members?... What they will do is change the name, put the same personal in sars into another anti robbery agency.. Nothing will change!

Sars are police officers ...drafted to handle anti robbery issues ....if the disband them, they will return back to their various units. But I am for their reformation ...let them focus on their core duties ...which is fighting robbers ...let them live ordinary Nigerians alone ....
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Yahksbiz(m): 10:28pm On Oct 09, 2020
myBraine:
We wanted a president but God gave us a father.

Only if third term was possible, Buhari would have gotten it on a platter of gold. You just won the heart of millions of Nigerians that trusted in your leadership. The opinions of few minorities didn't really matter as it is the digitization of our society that needs total reform and not Sars.

Our youths are too preoccupied with the utilization of expensive gadgets at the detriment of our agro-based economy. The recent hike in the prices of rice across the country have the youths to be blamed. Imagine if the youths devote the equal amounts of time they spent in front of their gadgets to agriculture, would there have been an increment in the prices of food stuffs? Imagine if they're spending more time on trees and inside bushes, would Sars still be killing them in scores? The youths are preventing the coming generations from knowing our true calling and the beauty of our culture. Aside crude oil, Nigeria as a nation is known for agriculture as we're still far behind in manufacturing and precise engineering. Our technological feet is strongly questionable as well.

Nigeria needs the youth for agriculture. Simple!

you are not far from the truth but I wondered why can you see it.
wait until this country divide,
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Femeto: 10:29pm On Oct 09, 2020
Ban SARS. Simple
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by ceejayluv(m): 10:29pm On Oct 09, 2020
OlowuJohn:

This is the point, we can't cry for lack of jobs, we can't cry for rape victims, we can't cry for lack of accountability from our leaders, we can't cry for the so many bright students that leave school and become security men.
What is our objective in this country?? Nigeria is goon, if we put our efforts in questioning our Local Government Chairman, House of reps members and Governors; likely we will have a better Nigeria.
SARS ending or reforming is not our priority for now, People need job, the low tier government should be held responsible.
We can't create a leeway for these criminals, look at the negative image we have as Nigerians.
I support a reform but YAHOO BOYS must be put on checks, our youths cannot have YAHOO BOYS as their role models; however lets channel our energy to the right protest

This is a right protest. If at all you supported the Black lives matter movement, then it Will be hypocritical to denounce the Endsars movement.

Financial And cybercrime investigation is the work of efcc, police fraud unit and Interpol. SARS should face armed robbers, assassins, cultists and kidnappers.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Odiriance4all(m): 10:29pm On Oct 09, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:

Saying end SARS doesn't mean we endorse yahoo boys or arm robbers, if SARS are truly going after yahoo boys, arm robbers and kidnappers nobody will be protesting against them, but when SARS start harassing innocent citizens and becoming a public threat then SARS need to be ended . #

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by nomenclature(m): 10:29pm On Oct 09, 2020
Mumu

Tell me what is working in the world and I will mention it's flaws to you. The fact that some SARS officers misbehave does not mean you call for the eradication of SARS. it beats logic. if you mean business, you should be calling for a complete overhaul or reform. undecided

Mention me all you can, I will only grin @ it. This is a forum where you will see Nigerian youth defend corrupt politicians and yahoo boys openly.. so I won't be surprised when these set of people mention me to defend what they believe in.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by nkemoma(m): 10:30pm On Oct 09, 2020
The dullard knows not the difference between END and reform.. We are DOOMED
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by SirMichael1: 10:30pm On Oct 09, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:

Tell me what is working in the world and I will mention it's flaws to you. The fact that some SARS officers misbehave does not mean you call for the eradication of SARS. it beats logic. if you mean business, you should be calling for a complete overhaul or reform. undecided

How much are you paid to PR for SARS, you dimwit!

5 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by yungmill(m): 10:30pm On Oct 09, 2020
myBraine:

Only if third term was possible, Buhari would have gotten it on a platter of gold. You just won the heart of millions of Nigerians that trusted in your leadership. The opinions of few minorities didn't really matter as it is the digitization of our society that needs total reform and not Sars.

Our youths are too preoccupied with the utilization of expensive gadgets at the detriment of our agro-based economy. The recent hike in the prices of rice across the country have the youths to be blamed. Imagine if the youths devote the equal amounts of time they spent in front of their gadgets to agriculture, would there have been an increment in the prices of food stuffs? Imagine if they're spending more time on trees and inside bushes, would Sars still be killing them in scores? The youths are preventing the coming generations from knowing our true calling and the beauty of our culture. Aside crude oil, Nigeria as a nation is known for agriculture as we're still far behind in manufacturing and precise engineering. Our technological feet is strongly questionable as well.

the dunder heads here are alarming, seek help

4 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Jonegonu: 10:31pm On Oct 09, 2020
Those calling for endsars are the real criminal we have in this country. You guys want the innocent citizens to suffer because of your fraudulent activity in this country.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Euegene100001: 10:31pm On Oct 09, 2020
grin old man we nor trust politicians na u even worst pass next protest na Buhari resign
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by OlowuJohn: 10:31pm On Oct 09, 2020
hrykanu231:

So are you saying all the people SARS have killed, kidnapped, harassed and tortured are Yahoo boys?
A reform is okay but SARS ain't going no where; how many of us as community members have used this protest energy to report fraudulent neighbors; instead we hail them and want to join them in their nefarious activities.
SARS should be reformed, but criminals at all levels should be taken serious, because they are tarnishing our image as Nigerians.
Politicians loot our money, I have never seen Nigerians protest for the right reasons.
Lets keep a deafen ear to this protest my people, and let YAHOO BOYS fight their fight. Our Youths should live right.
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Chris2863(m): 10:31pm On Oct 09, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:

Shut the Bleep up idiot

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by lexy2014: 10:32pm On Oct 09, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:

Pls what are those things that should be of "high priority"? What makes protesting against SARS any less important than protesting against those things? Have u ever taken placard to protest against those things of "high priority"?

Is it d job of SARS to deal with "professional fraudsters"? Pls what is d mandate of SARS? How does d law stipulate that "professional fraudsters" should be dealt with? Has d self assigned role of dealing with "professional fraudsters" by SARS reduced activities of d "professional fraudsters"? How does SARS determine who & who is a "professional fraudsters"?

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Diesel1(m): 10:32pm On Oct 09, 2020
myBraine:

Tomorrow is World Health Mental Day

5 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by lincoln6304(m): 10:32pm On Oct 09, 2020
myBraine:

whoever u are! u dont have sense!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by capatainrambo: 10:32pm On Oct 09, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:
I only pity the innocent ones joining this protest cos they found others doing it. As we know, Nigeria is a country where many do things because they want to be part of a trend.

shut your smelly mouth

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Sheuns(m): 10:32pm On Oct 09, 2020
sircatherine45:

Name 100 popular notorious armed robbers SARS have apprehended, and I'll deactivate my nairaland account FOREVER!!!

SARS are doing and have done good jobs in apprehending criminals. Evans, the port Harcourt serial killer, offa robbery gang, several notorious kidnappers. I don’t work in the police so there’s no way I can name 100. All I know is SARS is doing a great job and I am not afraid of them. There are bad eggs, yes. But give them the credit they deserve. Most of the people screaming endsars have never had an encounter with them. You average police extorts. It’s a police thing, not just SARS.

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by King44(m): 10:32pm On Oct 09, 2020
fergie001:

Muhammadu Buhari
So we can make Buhari our presido whose I don't care attitude is beyond imagination talk ha!!!

Eemo wolu!!!

Truly when everyone speak with one voice nobody would be able to stop us, not the police, military or navy could stop us.

If we could direct same energy towards the way he governs us he would understand that this is not the normal case of intimidate them and watch them hide case.
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Ajibade123(m): 10:33pm On Oct 09, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:

I am strongly against scam like you bro and the protest might have been sponsored by some international fraudster but lemmie tell you something the SARS we know and are protesting against is not against yahoo boys all what they want is their share...or have you ever heard that SARS arrested any Yahoo boys and charge him to court or put him in jail?? NO
all what they do is to arrest them and release them after paying them 30k with this the yahoo boy will goan tell other people that all you just need to do is to pay them money which will instead inspire other yahoo boys to scam harder so that they can be able to settle SARS when they come
so can you see that SARS is not even fighting fraud but it is rather a fraud

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by ceejayluv(m): 10:33pm On Oct 09, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:
Please stop and think for a while.

Tell me what is working in the world and I will mention it's flaws to you. the fact that some SARS officers misbehave does not mean you call for the eradication of SARS. it beats logic. if you mean business, you should be calling for a complete overhaul or reform.
if you look critically at the demand of the more enlightened protesters, they are against police extortion and brutality in general. SARS personnel are the most prominent in such act, but the protest is aimed at the police in general.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Sonfethopia: 10:33pm On Oct 09, 2020
OlowuJohn:

This is the point, we can't cry for lack of jobs, we can't cry for rape victims, we can't cry for lack of accountability from our leaders, we can't cry for the so many bright students that leave school and become security men.
What is our objective in this country?? Nigeria is goon, if we put our efforts in questioning our Local Government Chairman, House of reps members and Governors; likely we will have a better Nigeria.
SARS ending or reforming is not our priority for now, People need job, the low tier government should be held responsible.
We can't create a leeway for these criminals, look at the negative image we have as Nigerians.
I support a reform but YAHOO BOYS must be put on checks, our youths cannot have YAHOO BOYS as their role models; however lets channel our energy to the right protest.

Lets start from somewhere first.

If its ending sarz ,so be it.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by sircatherine45(m): 10:34pm On Oct 09, 2020
What are the functions of SARS?
What are the functions of EFCC?
Nigerians, think!!!

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by AlphaT1(m): 10:34pm On Oct 09, 2020
[s][/s]
myBraine:

[s][/s]

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Yankee101: 10:34pm On Oct 09, 2020
If not properly managed this can easily morph into the Nigerian version of the Arab Spring

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Kiki Osinbajo Denies Owning N800m House In Abuja, Slams Jackson Ude / Abba Kyari's Death: Obaseki, Keyamo, Dino Melaye, Others React / Amaechi Opens Up On Audio Recording Credited To Him - Sun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.