Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring (159029 Views)

Edo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring / Kogi Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results, Reports And Live Monitoring / Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (79) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by zoedew: 10:13am On Oct 10, 2020
Tunjasko:

You can't stop anyone from contesting on the basis of zonal arrangement

It is dishonourable to say of oneself that- “we are most honourable “!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by justified007: 10:14am On Oct 10, 2020
fergie001:

He told me whom he will vote but I think he is the best person to say it here openly.

You've already betrayed him if truly such a conversation occur
Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by fergie001: 10:15am On Oct 10, 2020
zoedew:

I’ll prefer he doesn’t. Not best practice.
Ya
Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by fergie001: 10:15am On Oct 10, 2020
justified007:

You've already betrayed him if truly such a conversation occur
The conversation happened on NL here and many who are familiar know whom he will vote. I will not just say it.

1 Like

Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by Seerade029: 10:15am On Oct 10, 2020
JARAPlenty:

Pls don't say what u don't know.
How can you say ore is under Ondo town.I am not sure u Kno d history of Ore.

The issue of local governments divided many towns from Ondo kingdom. Otherwise Ondo Kingdom has boundary at Ode aye with ikale at Oni Rivers with Ijebu, Oluwa rivers with ife. Owena rivers with Akure and so on during colonial era till independence.

Before the issue of local governments creation while many towns are lost to other local government.

Pls refute what I wrote above.

3 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by Sheggy13(m): 10:16am On Oct 10, 2020
Seerade029:

This nah hard thing to predict.
But I think Ondo has it
Ondo kingdom covers Ondo East, West and Parts of Odigbo LGs.

Followed by Akoko.
Followed by Owo / Ikale
Akures are Ekitis in nature, their dialects are of Ekiti .
Ilaje comes last.

My observation.
Normally Ondo should be the capital of Ondo state, but my greedy chiefs refuse to grants land
Your observation on the demographics of Ondo state isn't exactly correct. The last census of 2006 gave a rough idea of the demographics.. The most populated to least populated in order are: Akokos (Akoko North, South, East and West), Ondos (Ondo West, East and parts of Odigbo/Ile-Oluji), Akures (Akure South, North and Ifedore), Ikales ( Okitipupa and Irele), Ilajes and Owo to come last.

Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by Seerade029: 10:17am On Oct 10, 2020
Sheggy13:

Your observation on the demographics of Ondo state isn't exactly correct. The last census of 2006 gave a rough idea of the demographics.. The most populated to least populated in order are: Akokos (Akoko North, South, East and West), Ondos (Ondo West, East and parts of Odigbo/Ile-Oluji), Akures (Akure South, North and Ifedore), Ikales ( Okitipupa and Irele), Ilajes and Owo to come last.

He isn't talking about populations.
He said largest tribe.
Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by n3xt(m): 10:17am On Oct 10, 2020
zoedew:

I can’t but agree “Ondo men are the greatest socialite in Nigeria.”
Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by Shariiiif: 10:18am On Oct 10, 2020
Any result so far?

following Live from Borno. We shall see today if ONDO no be Lagos or if ONDO no be Edo....

You guys should only vote oooo and NOT fight.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by JARAPlenty(m): 10:18am On Oct 10, 2020
Seerade029:

Lol, tell me the history of Ore undecided
When do they start having kings
Ore first king was installed in d 90s.
I remember d staff of office was issued by a military governor.The king used his influence of d governor to be installed.If not for that, Ore ought to be under the kingship of Odigbo Kingdom
Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by Ballack1(m): 10:19am On Oct 10, 2020
[quote author=garfield1 post=94792247]

Atvwhere
Ondo City
Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by n3xt(m): 10:20am On Oct 10, 2020
Shariiiif:
Any result so far?

following Live from Borno.
We shall see today if ONDO no be Lagos or if ONDO no be Edo....

You guys should only vote oooo and NOT fight.

Smiles.

I still don’t understand why some people want this country divided.

Here’s a brother from Borno Emirate checking on his Ondo Brothers. Don’t we like it like that?

4 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by Seerade029: 10:21am On Oct 10, 2020
JARAPlenty:

Ore first king was installed in d 90s.
I remember d staff of office was issued by a military governor.The king used his influence of d governor to be installed.If not for that, Ore ought to be under the kingship of Odigbo Kingdom

So what are you saying?

It was not so b4 LG creation. In Ondo division. Outpost and vassal towns and villages were governored directly from Ondo through Osemawe reps and high chiefs, records are available to prove this assertion.
Most of the towns in Odigbo were under Ondo Kingdom before LG creation.

The LG creation was as a result of people wishes.
Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by fergie001: 10:22am On Oct 10, 2020
Former Governor, Olusegun Mimiko @Segunmimiko making his way to his polling unit in Ondo town,Iyaba road unit 20,
Time:10:10am
#OndoDecide2020 #OndoDecides #AITNews
Seerade029
EastGold
Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by Sheggy13(m): 10:23am On Oct 10, 2020
Seerade029:

He isn't talking about populations.
He said largest tribe.
How do you measure the largest tribe? Isn't it through the population of the indigenes of that tribe?
Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by engineerboat(m): 10:23am On Oct 10, 2020
Governor Rotimi Akeredolu addressing the press after casting his vote at PU 6, Ijebu Owo, Owo LGA

Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by Reader530(m): 10:24am On Oct 10, 2020
fergie001:
Former Governor, Olusegun Mimiko @Segunmimiko making his way to his polling unit in Ondo town,Iyaba road unit 20,
Seerade029
From the things on ground. Ondo Central is moving massively in favour of PDP
Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by Seerade029: 10:24am On Oct 10, 2020
fergie001:
Seerade029

kiss

Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by Seerade029: 10:26am On Oct 10, 2020
Sheggy13:

How do you measure the largest tribe? Isn't it through the population of the indigenes of that tribe?

Lol, Are the akokos speaking the same dialects?
Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by fergie001: 10:26am On Oct 10, 2020
There were sporadic shootings at Pollíng Unit 11, Edo Lodge in Oke Ijebu, Akure on Saturday.

Police confirm shooting......
Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by fergie001: 10:29am On Oct 10, 2020

Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by zoedew: 10:30am On Oct 10, 2020
n3xt:

Smiles.

I still don’t understand why some people want this country divided.

Here’s a brother from Borno Emirate checking on his Ondo Brothers. Don’t we like it like that?

Sure do. Nigeria is a great idea but we must restructure to make it real! Truth is the issues that divide are more than those in the direction of the unifying. In such situations it is best to work at forging unity in diversity via restructuring. Let component units live as they wish with a weak centre at Abuja for defence, external affairs, economy and currency matters. Folks will see which region is best to live in and through peer review mechanisms regional governments will get better going forward.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by ayo2008: 10:30am On Oct 10, 2020
Ha! Ondo State. Selling our comfort for 10k.
Vote buying ongoing at Akure at 10K. APC una welldone. God will shame una.

3 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by Tunjasko(m): 10:31am On Oct 10, 2020
zoedew:

Why didn't PDP respect zoning arrangement in 2016 by presenting a candidate from the same senatorial district as the incumbent as at that time? I am referring to Mimiko and Jegede, PDP 2016

2 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by fergie001: 10:33am On Oct 10, 2020
Attempt to steal sensitive election materials foiled at Ward 9, Unit 3 (1&2) Polling Unit, Owena, Ondo East.

One of the suspects has been arrested by soldiers, others are at large.

Time: 9:20AM.

#OndoDecides2020

1 Like

Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by Seerade029: 10:34am On Oct 10, 2020
[quote author=fergie001 post=94793726][/quote]

That place it's a bit far from mine.

Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 10:34am On Oct 10, 2020
akure1stson:

and as A Confirm Ondo man from Akure South, Imagun polling unit, Me,my family, and all our Unit we are voting Jegede 100%

Akure are part of Ekiti people
Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by n3xt(m): 10:34am On Oct 10, 2020
zoedew:

Sure do. Nigeria is a great idea but we must restructure to make it real! Truth is the issues that divide are more than those in the direction of the unifying. In such situations it is best to work at forging unity in diversity via restructuring. Let component units live as they wish with a weak centre at Abuja for defence, external affairs, economy and currency matters. Folks will see which region is best to live in and through peer review mechanisms regional governments will get better going forward.

This is one of the most sensible post I’ve read in decades.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by Seerade029: 10:37am On Oct 10, 2020
DeejaywonDJ1:

Akure are part of Ekiti people

Normal.
Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by femstimauto: 10:37am On Oct 10, 2020
Please keep the update coming. We are with you from Lagos. Peaceful election we pray for Sunshine State in Jesus Name.

1 Like

Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by zoedew: 10:39am On Oct 10, 2020
n3xt:

This is one of the most sensible post I’ve read in decades.

Thanks.

My very cherished privilege! Humbling.

1 Like

Re: Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring by garfield1: 10:41am On Oct 10, 2020
Seerade029:

Most of Odigbo LGs are under Ondo Kingdom.

Ondo lost many towns including Ore.
We lost Ore.

Since then, Ore has been denying that they ain't part of Ondo kingdom.

Then mimiko is not from Ore and Ore is another LG entirely.

Ore is not an LGA na

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (79) (Reply)

IMO Governorship Election Result / Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live / Ondo Governorship Election Results Update From Polling Units - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.