Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,223 members, 7,780,423 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:01 PM

Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest (37212 Views)

Mainok: Nigerian Army Confirms Death Of Officer, Soldiers in Boko Haram Attack / SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him / Fayemi's Convoy Kills Police Officer During Rally In Ekiti (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 10, 2020
n3xt:

The same military that has not been able to overpower the boko haram boys.

Let’s not start what we can’t end! It won’t end well.

Remember all these forces do have families too and they’re first Nigerian.

It’s the responsibility of the government to listen to public opinion.

That Boko Haram has not been overpowered doesn't mean you can't. Don't goan mess yourself up.
Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by SeriouslySense(m): 1:03pm On Oct 10, 2020
I dont think the Dog is Lazy, it seems its eating more or maybe the stomach is big due to another reason, so maybe if it can eat less, it will be motivated to exercise more. However, to train the dog, it may need more specific training, not just rough plays.

PStacks:

Either them kill us finish or them #EndSARS.

How my dogs play with each other so aggressively at the park and I wonder if it happens with other people's dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T9R1ua6Px8
Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by n3xt(m): 1:04pm On Oct 10, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

That Boko Haram has not been overpowered doesn't mean you can't. Don't goan mess yourself up.

And the whole world will clap for the government that massacre her citizens fighting for their right but spend over 700bn on amnesty programmes.

Do we still have people asking who’s funding Boko Haram terrorists?

There was a country.

1 Like

Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by okiki20593: 1:06pm On Oct 10, 2020
: also, na here you go see civvies killing constables that sacrifice their lifestyles to protect them.We appreciate their initiative but most are suppressing the innocence population.
Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 10, 2020
n3xt:

And the whole world will clap for the government that massacre her citizens fighting for their right but spend over 700bn on amnesty programmes.

Do we still have people asking who’s funding Boko Haram terrorists?

There was a country.

Then the whole world must be willing to clap for "unarmed, peaceful protesters" who murdered a police officer, injured another and carted away his rifle.

They will clap for mob who invaded the station, shattered everything in sight and dared the police to come out, forgetting that there is an armoury in each station but the police is just exercising restrain.

Even the United States police would put a bullet in your skull the moment they feel threatened in self defense.

Now, criminals have hijacked the protest and are going about provoking the police. I can assure you that there would be casualties if this continues and it would be more on the civilians side.

In the meantime, I think I understand better why the government disperses a protest before it begins.
Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by Harmlesspill(m): 1:16pm On Oct 10, 2020
This life get as en be....
Is good as they tasted how the families of those that have lost their loved ones in the hands of this evil SARS once felt
Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by adenigga(m): 1:18pm On Oct 10, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Then the whole world must be willing to clap for "unarmed, peaceful protesters" who murdered a police officer, injured another and carted away his rifle.

They will clap for mob who invaded the station, shattered everything in sight and dared the police to come out, forgetting that there is a armoury in each station but the police is just exercising restrain.

Even the United States police would put a bullet in your skull the moment they feel threatened in self defense.

Now, criminals have hijacked the protest and are going about to provoke the police. I can assure you that there would be casualties if this continues and it would be more on the civilians side.

In the meantime, I think I understand better why the government disperses a protest before it begins.

You are.......

Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by hammerP: 1:37pm On Oct 10, 2020
[s]
ThreeBlackBird:

Be fooling yourself. If president declare curfew now, if born anybody well, make them come outside. Them no go tell you, na body go tell you. You think say na by number.
[/s]

PRESIDENT THAT WE ELECT OR THE ONE THAT ELECT HIMSELF?

1 Like

Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by GloShare(m): 1:39pm On Oct 10, 2020
SilverNorGold:
The killers should be rounded up and made to face the full wrath of the law!

You evil enemies of Nigeria. But bear in mind that while you go about killing and/or sponsoring the killings of our hardworking security personnel who are risking their lives day and night to secure our lives, don't return here to create a thread about how your hoodlums are being killed in return because common "RIP", you'll not get from us.

So go on. Continue terrorising our security forces and be bragging about it publicly.

The full wrath of the law shall befall you and your cohorts sooner or later.

Nigeria must be great, whether you people like it or not!

My brother, if you like, insult me from now till thy kingdom come. I dun talk my mind.

We should stop attacking our security forces. Peaceful protests are enough. President Muhammadu Buhari has heard our cries and has ordered the IGP to swing into action, which he has done.

So I don't see the reason for the unprovoked killings of our security personnel, simply because some Yahoo boys are pissed.

But if you don't listen, na you sabi. My own be sey no come create thread here when the forces begin to use force on you evil doers.

Nigeria must be great by fire by force. That's why we voted President Mohammadu Buhari.

God bless Nigeria.

Oga, the police man shot first. Damaged someone's knee.

It was self defense, else he could have continued shooting.
Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by n3xt(m): 1:42pm On Oct 10, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

They will clap for mob who invaded the station, shattered everything in sight and dared the police to come out, forgetting that there is an armoury in each station but the police is just exercising restrain.

Now, criminals have hijacked the protest and are going about provoking the police. I can assure you that there would be casualties if this continues and it would be more on the civilians side.

Anarchy is looming.

The only thing required for evil for triumph is for the few good men to keep silent.

Did the protesters just started attacking policemen without any provocative action?

1 Like

Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by generalwo(m): 1:55pm On Oct 10, 2020
tollyboy5:
grin it was a justified killing.
If there is no #endsars
Then we #killsars
And if the police want to interfere then we #killpolice

Government should reform all police force.
If the government refuse to listen any SARS officials caught , collect his riffle.
Use the the riffle to teach their family lessons also.
Go to blacksmith they'll arrange nice gun 4 u. Make we no 4get sey hunters 4 village dey use gun also.
Hunter gun better pass unharmed citizen. People should spare us the ish on how guns get to the youth. Let them not end SARS we'll
Start revolution to aso rock!
If police attack it would be gun for gun.
Eye for an eye.
#ENDSARS
..... It's a pity sha... U know a black Smith that can arrange a nice gun, u want to start a revolution, u are clamouring an eye for an eye...... It makes me wonder where u are heading to with a these...... Na people like u make the end Sars protest turn bloody...... As them dey find the boys yesterday, u for come out go face them eye to eye...... Or better still, go meet black Smith make e arrange nice gun for u so that you can go and free your comrades that were arrested during the police raid.....
I've not seen where 2 wrongs has ever made a right...... Dey your palor dey shout eye4eye.... People wen them arrest na im know how e dey be
Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by generalwo(m): 1:58pm On Oct 10, 2020
adenigga:
Policemen in six trucks created panic in Ughelli town yesterday as they searched different areas of the town for persons allegedly behind the killing a policeman during anti-SARS protest on Thursday.
Hoodlums had hijacked an End-SARS protest in Otovwodo area of Ughelli, overpowered two policemen on duty, disarmed one of them and shot him to death with his rifle. The second policeman was seriously wounded and is receiving treatment at an undisclosed hospital. The hoodlums also destroyed several vehicles.

Yesterday, heavily armed policemen stormed the town in search of “Yahoo Boys who allegedly sponsored the protesters,” shooting endlessly into the air as people scampered to safety.

Over eleven young men were arrested and bundled into the trucks; some were forced to lay in awkward positions in the trucks as they sped to the Ughelli Police command.

The Inspector General of Police, (IGP) Mohammed Adamu, who condemned the “unprovoked and violent attack” on policemen, ordered the Delta state Commissioner of Police to investigate the circumstances that led to the killing of a police officer during an #EndSARS protest in Ughelli, Delta state.

The IGP also directed that the perpetrators of the act, which he described as “cruel,” be brought to book. A statement by Force Public Relation Officer, Frank Mba, stated: “The incident, which resulted in the unfortunate death of one Police officer, Corporal Etaga Stanley attached to ‘A’ Division, Ughelli, Delta State, who was attacked and brutally murdered by the protesters also left another, Sergeant Patrick Okuone with serious body injury sustained from gunshot by the protesters.

“The protesters also carted away one (1) service AK47 rifle with breach no 56-2609008 and 25 rounds of live ammunition that was with the deceased at the time of the incident.

“The IGP, who described the incident as cruel and unwarranted, has warned that the Force will no longer tolerate any attack on its personnel or any member of the law enforcement community by any individual or group protesting under any guise.

“The IGP notes that protest by citizens remain a legitimate means for airing their concerns and views. It must however be carried out with all sense of responsibility and within the confines of the law.”

While condoling the family and friends of the late Corporal Etaga Stanley who paid the supreme price in the service of our dear nation, the IGP also commended the officers of the Delta State Police Command for exercising restraint in the face of the immoral and unjustified provocation.

Source:
https://m.guardian.ng/police-raid-ughelli-over-killing-of-officer-during-end-sars-protest

...... Some idiots are calling for trouble... Them just Wan make this 2020 bad finish....... What Sars is doing is very wrong but na Sars officer una kill now abi na police man wen dey do him duty...... This one now no open fire o.... Where them dey, una go attack them, use one of them gun shoot am die..... Nearly kill the other one and some idiots are supporting the act...... Both Sars wen kill unarmed civilians and civilians wen kill police men wen dey do their job, they are all the same........ End Sars, end senseless Nigerian youths

1 Like

Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by n3xt(m): 2:03pm On Oct 10, 2020
generalwo:
...... Some idiots are calling for trouble... Them just Wan make this 2020 bad finish....... What Sars is doing is very wrong but na Sars officer una kill now abi na police man wen dey do him duty...... This one now no open fire o.... Where them dey, una go attack them, use one of them gun shoot am die..... Nearly kill the other one and some idiots are supporting the act...... Both Sars wen kill unarmed civilians and civilians wen kill police men wen dey do their job, they are all the same........ End Sars, end senseless Nigerian youths

Let me help you rephrase:

What the Yahoo boys are doing is very wrong but that doesn’t give any officer the license to kill any unarmed citizen on the street.

This is exactly what happen when you have insensitive leaders at the helm of power.

1 Like

Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by Miracle2020: 2:06pm On Oct 10, 2020
lastempero:

We appreciate their effort but majority are suppressing the innocent populace.
but you should also know that in every 12 people there is likely to have one Judah. Even the civilian that are protesting, among them there are some criminals.
We cannot tell the government to scrap the whole SARS because of some few bad products among them. As bad as Nigerian police are there are some good ones among them.
Why should we scrap the whole system because of activities of few ones among them?
Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 10, 2020
n3xt:

Anarchy is looming.

The only thing required for evil for triumph is for the few good men to keep silent.

Did the protesters just started attacking policemen without any provocative action?

Lol... Just listen to yourself. Well, no anarchy will happen anywhere. If it goes further than this, it's for the government to declare a curfew and send soldiers to the street. Anybody wey them born well, make im wait.
Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by RAYAM(f): 2:08pm On Oct 10, 2020
What about the people they have been killing innocently. They better release those arrested because boys are not smiling o

1 Like

Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 10, 2020
hammerP:
[s][/s]

PRESIDENT THAT WE ELECT OR THE ONE THAT ELECT HIMSELF?

Oh! You elected him to give you a free pass on law and order? You can elect him a million times but his job is to maintain law and order. You'll go to jail if you fail to.
Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by n3xt(m): 2:10pm On Oct 10, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Lol... Just listen to yourself. Well, no anarchy will happen anywhere. If it goes further than this, it's for the government to declare a curfew and send soldiers to the street. Anybody wey them born well, make im wait.

Your hand can seize today, but not tomorrow; and thoughts of your tomorrow are nothing but desire.
Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by Hestywhyt(f): 2:15pm On Oct 10, 2020
Yankiss:
Please, I am against violence. It's improper to take the laws into our hands by killing officers. It isn't great. The police on their part do not need protests to arrest and sanction erring officers. Swift response from Force Headquarters in the event of Police excesses would make protests unattractive.

The officer opened fire on a guy first, unfortunately for him, the bullet didn't penetrate, this got the protesters angry believing he would have killed more than one person if given the chance....
Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by lastempero: 2:18pm On Oct 10, 2020
Miracle2020:
but you should also know that in every 12 people there is likely to have one Judah. Even the civilian that are protesting, among them there are some criminals.
We cannot tell the government to scrap the whole SARS because of some few bad products among them. As bad as Nigerian police are there are some good ones among them.
Why should we scrap the whole system because of activities of few ones among them?

It's damn much to be ignored,u cant reform a criminal that see you as a prey. We have other more trained police officers like the ATS n d bomb squad or even the IRT but u never see them behave like sars,so i s simple.sars should be scrapped and another unit created with a new code thats not much for the police force.

1 Like

Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by generalwo(m): 2:25pm On Oct 10, 2020
n3xt:

Let me help you rephrase:

What the Yahoo boys are doing is very wrong but that doesn’t give any officer the license to kill any unarmed citizen on the street.

This is exactly what happen when you have insensitive leaders at the helm of power.
...... Sir its not just yahoo Boys now...... Cultists have taken over.... U Wan telle say na yahoo boy snatch ak47 from the police man? Wetin e Wan use am do...... But think about the fate of a rival cultist when a cultist is in possession of an ak47 loaded with 25 rounds of live ammunition....... Bros.... 2 wrongs has never and will never make a right..... The protest against Sars is well supported but we don't have to kill anyone to beat home our point.......it will only lead topre trouble and trust me....... The masses will suffer especially the innocent ones...... If those wen dey take advantage of the protest to perpetrate evil no see police kill..... Who do u think they will turn to next Innocent citizens..... I pray it never gets to that
Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by n3xt(m): 2:34pm On Oct 10, 2020
generalwo:
...... Sir its not just yahoo Boys now...... Cultists have taken over.... U Wan telle say na yahoo boy snatch ak47 from the police man? Wetin e Wan use am do...... But think about the fate of a rival cultist when a cultist is in possession of an ak47 loaded with 25 rounds of live ammunition....... Bros.... 2 wrongs has never and will never make a right..... The protest against Sars is well supported but we don't have to kill anyone to beat home our point.......it will only lead topre trouble and trust me....... The masses will suffer especially the innocent ones...... If those wen dey take advantage of the protest to perpetrate evil no see police kill..... Who do u think they will turn to next Innocent citizens..... I pray it never gets to that

This is the same way we created the monster Boko Haram

It started with protests.
Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by Hotzone(m): 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2020
RealEzee:
if the govt had put in place things for the general good of its citizens we won't be having this conversation to start with, during one million Boyz Era when residents came out to do vigils wia was d so called police? We're our own govt, that's the sad reality.

You are right to some extent but security is a collective effort not only police and that’s why we have community policing

Do ur part without eschewing violence
Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by ubyways(m): 3:32pm On Oct 10, 2020
Onlinesmart:
Out of all the pressing national issues, na #endsars people dey carry for head. Nobody should tell me fraudsters haven't hijacked this protest. So hike in fuel, electricity tariffs, epileptic power supply, banditry up north, bogus budgets for Nass etc doesn't caught anyone's attention, it's SARS matter people are so passionate about. SARS case is just a modicum of our numerous problem. The whole police system is faulty and I don't think there's any sector working in Nigeria so to speak. The only mass protest I've been calling for is either outright dissolution of the country or a well defined restructuring.
We have lots of problem facing us, start ur own don't condemn what others are protesting for, it stills part of it
Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by Aboks(m): 3:36pm On Oct 10, 2020
Wen sars kill una people go dey complain
Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by Danny50: 3:38pm On Oct 10, 2020
Scrapping sars completly will do more harm than good.
Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by Jdbrasco2: 3:55pm On Oct 10, 2020
SilverNorGold:

My brother, if you like, insult me from now till thy kingdom come. I dun talk my mind.

We should stop attacking our security forces. Peaceful protests are enough. President Muhammadu Buhari has heard our cries and has ordered the IGP to swing into action, which he has done.

So I don't see the reason for the unprovoked killings of our security personnel, simply because some Yahoo boys are pissed.

But if you don't listen, na you sabi. My own be sey no come create thread here when the forces begin to use force on you evil doers.

Nigeria must be great by fire by force. That's why we voted President Mohammadu Buhari.

God bless Nigeria.
Well sorry for the hash words. But people are frustrated and we keep loosing lifes unjustly in the hand of SARS. They have been paying lip service to reforming SARS and people are tired from all the rhetoric from your politicians. Now you can see why the youths are angry.
Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by laidima88(m): 4:02pm On Oct 10, 2020
tollyboy5:
If there is no #endsars
Then we #killsars

If the government refuse to listen any SARS officials caught , collect his riffle.
Go to blacksmith they'll arrange nice gun 4 u. Make we no 4get sey hunters 4 village dey use gun also.
Hunter gun better pass unharmed citizen. People should spare us the ish on how guns get to the youth. Let them not end SARS we'll
Eye for an eye.
#ENDSARS

keyboard warrior
from your bedroom right ?
how many SARS have u killed, DNT let this guy push you oo, I'm sure he is not even among the protesters
Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 10, 2020
ezenwajosh:

The coward IPOB

IF THE KILLING WAS IN ANAMBRA YOUR STORY WILL CHANGE FORM "FEARLESS PROTESTERS" TO IPOB THE TERRORIST HIJACKED OUR PEACEFUL PROTEST BY KILLING POLICE MAN

Because you don't use your heads while protesting, mumu
Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 10, 2020
Many innocent citizens walking outdoor will be picked up.
The only thing wey fit save you is official ID card.
Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by engrchykae(m): 7:38pm On Oct 10, 2020
tollyboy5:
If there is no #endsars
Then we #killsars

Eye for an eye.
#ENDSARS
power belong to God,power belong to the people also,mess police
Re: Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest by Foolishbuhari: 8:04pm On Oct 10, 2020
myBraine:
Commendable.

We should altogether stand as one and condemn the misdeeds of these inexperienced protesters.

There's a popular saying that “your clock cannot dictate my time”. That other countries are currently developing faster than us doesn't mean that Nigeria is doom and will not eventually develop one day. Our time will soon come but we have to be patient enough to experience that. We can't fast forward time by engaging ourselves in a bloody protest. No empire was built in a day.

If only we can channel the amount of energy we're channeling to this protest to agriculture, in a few months time, the price of rice will reduce drastically. The youths make up a significant percentage of our entire population. Imagine what will happen if we leave our leaders to take care of our oil and other national treasures and resources while the youths start farming en mass?

So far we're still lack behind in science and technology, agriculture is a life saver. With all their computer skills what important software have they built for humanity? Funny enough, they'll still give bad roads as an excuse.

Above all, God's time is the best.

Your stupidity is top notch!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Desmond Elliot Thanks Tinubu, Others Again As He Sits In Lagos House Of Assembly / Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets / Security: Ned Nwoko Meets IGP Adamu, Sets To Donate CCTV Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.