Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Endnass Before Endsars - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Endnass Before Endsars (209 Views)

EndSARS: Adedotun Clement Sues Lagos Government For N500 Million / Sanwo-Olu Gives 10M Each To Wives Of Police Men Killed During EndSARS Riots / 'Switch Off Your Phones' - Lagos #EndSARS Panel's Rule Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Endnass Before Endsars by pacino26(m): 1:21pm On Oct 10, 2020
Calling me a monster, calling us fake
You make the Minotaur, the dinosaur wake
Calling me a monster, just 'cause we said
No way, no way, no way
Calling me a monster, make no mistake
That there's only so much that you can take
La-di-da, doo-di-da-di-doo-day
We are the monsters you made

Had to start with that verse from Burna Boy's monster you made.

Too many close encounters with SARS such that I have lost count. At one point I lost a friend to the dreaded Awkuzu Command who I'll say is the birth place of SARS and barbarians in uniforms.

Recently I engaged in a Facebook debate with a childhood friend and along the line we disagreed in all scopes but one; there are the good ones amongst them. I grew up to know that officers of the force can acquire expedite promotion as was witnessed in DCP Abba Kyari and his crew for gallantry and closing high profile cases. Back in the day robbers meet their end in firing squad or the hangman's noise that is if you survive the shoot out with the gallant old school ANTI CRIME/SURVEILLANCE OFFICERS who of course dress in mufti and pistols. For you to weild an AK-47 you will be dressed and only sargents carry that rifle then. From 2008 downward I doubt if any SARS officer have been recommended by the CP for home delivery promotion at all. The reason is obvious, they know 90% of the corpses dragged in as been robbers are unfortunate citizens at the wrong place and wrong time.

I met a Nigeria I still blame my dad and his likes for with a resounding question, is this the Nigeria you met? Why am I and fellow youths made to suffer a fate we never deserve?

Back then the tale is; upon graduation companies come for graduates with mouth watering offers, even with your TTC then or Trades Test you are sure of getting employed. Security was okay as most police officers move with baton and carryout arrests on invitation. Nigeria was a few minutes away from USA, Russia, Europe and the whole Africa came here for greener pastures.

So what did we the youths of today do wrong to inherit dilapidation at it's peak worst with no tunnel talk more of a light at the end of it?

Here comes the NASS, about 500 persons who sit and discuss our daily lives without feeling the effects of their discussion. Some even sleep while critical debates are going on and get paid handsomely for SITTING and very well enjoy HARDSHIP ALLOWANCE

98% of ministries and agencies in Nigeria are underfunded save for the National Assembly. They change cars and buy kettles at exorbitant prices and we cheer them for it. Lest I forget they also use the meanest of the SARS OPERATORS as bodyguards to make sure you don't come close and question them. Here you are protesting they call of their bodyguards, I laugh in Swahili.

What the members of the NASS are exercising is our collective SOVEREIGNTY and that is not true democracy by the way. In doing so they have become a law unto themselves and you dare not question his vote at the floor of either the red or green chamber. They are a community unto themselves.

Recently we all witnessed how the minister of Labor was coerced into giving them job slots. Worse happen in other employment opportunities by federal agencies. By their ignorant bills and policies most companies that were operating in the late 90s all backed up and when they realised more money and compensation could come from exporting our common wealth and opportunities they didn't hesitate.

The result of the indifference of the members of the[b]NASS[/b] is the
SARS harrassing the yahoo boy or girl, same boys using our daughters and sisters for rituals.

Is the subsidy you hear the FG stopped paying but finds its way into the budget while petroleum products prices surge.

continuous inflated budget with no regard for local content

A whole lot more to write on the ills the NASS is consciously and unconsciously promoting but I have to remind the Poor Masses one thing; that we both civilians, SARS, Army et all will at the end of the day kill ourselves and the NASS will debate on which region suffered the most casualty and get a fat cheque on behalf of the dead poor masses.

#OCCUPYNASS because #ENDSARS is no different from the tribal bigotry that have continued to be a tool by the elites in their continued abuse of power and plundering of our common wealth.

RIP to the victims of SARSBrutality and ENDSARS Campaign.

Hope we all get the point, that's just it!

1 Like

Re: Endnass Before Endsars by daddytime(m): 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2020
#EndNass #EndCorruption #EndNepotism #Endvigotry #EndFailedLeadership #EndLooting #EndMisplacedBudgeting.

#PoliceReforms
Re: Endnass Before Endsars by Emmanuelcann: 1:35pm On Oct 10, 2020
NASS is the REAL PROBLEM!

(1) (Reply)

Endsars: The Misconception!!!! / Gunshots At Delta State PDP House Of Reps Primary See video / Atiku/ribadu Wedding And The APC/PDP Conspiracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.