Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Obasanjo : I Was Tricked To Attend Bode George’s Reception - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo : I Was Tricked To Attend Bode George’s Reception (1334 Views)

Obasanjo: I Spent Two Days With Taliban Terrorists / Saraki To Obasanjo: I Will Respond To Your Letter Formally / Obasanjo: I Made ‘Successful’ Mistakes As President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo : I Was Tricked To Attend Bode George’s Reception by babytejiri(m): 11:47am On Mar 05, 2011
Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday revealed that he was tricked to attend the reception ceremony recently held in honour of Bode George who regained freedom after completing a two year jail term.Mr Obasanjo made this known in an interview with newsmen while preparing for his 74 birthday anniversary at his Hilltop Private residence in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, scheduled to hold today (Saturday). He stressed that his attendance of the event was totally in error.

“You got it wrong again. I was not part of the celebration of Bode Goerge. He sent a passionate message to me from prison urging me to attend a family church thanksgiving and I believe that for whatever any family is giving thanks in the church or in the mosque and he invites me and I am able to go there, I will go there, whether it is for marriage, for burial, house warming or christening a child.” Mr Obasanjo said. “But when I got to the church, the atmosphere I found was more than a family affair. And I even took the opportunity to ask the state PDP Chairman that, ‘is this a PDP affair?’ And he told me it was not a PDP affair.

“And I have condemned it but he did not go to prison for political offence. If he had been sent to prison for political offence, then he comes back and all his political associates may get round him and PDP must do something noble and wholesome but in this case, PDP as a party must dissociate itself from celebrating criminality.

“When I asked the state chairman, he said ‘well, you know Area Boys, they do hijack these things.’ If it’s Area Boys, leave it to the Area Boys and not to PDP,” the party’s board of trustee chairman emphasised.

On the Federal Court judgement which pronounced Tunji Olurin as the party governorship candidate in Ogun State, Mr Obasanjo said: “Don’t forget that PDP is a family; there may be a little misunderstanding but we have to go to court for adjudication; the court adjudicates but as soon as possible, the family should come together and forge ahead.
http://www.nigerianewstoday.com.ng/olusegun-obasanjo-attend-bode-george-reception/
Re: Obasanjo : I Was Tricked To Attend Bode George’s Reception by fstranger3(m): 12:00pm On Mar 05, 2011
oloshi ni obj yi
Re: Obasanjo : I Was Tricked To Attend Bode George’s Reception by Gbawe: 12:20pm On Mar 05, 2011
"Tricked" indeed. Does he look like he was "tricked" into anything below? Using and dumping folks , for his own perpetual relevance,  is OBJ's style. Could commonsense not inform OBJ , as a former President , not to attend the "thanksgiving" of a jail bird that would attract a lot of negative publicity?

Obasanjo, Bode George and Roli George at the "thanksgiving" in Lagos

Yeye old man full of deciet.

Contrary to Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s claim that he was tricked into attending a reception organized for Bode George, to mark his release from jail, Saharareporters has confirmed that Obasanjo was part of the team that planned the celebration.

Weeks before Bode George was freed, a meeting on how to welcome the former chieftain of the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) back into the PDP ‘family’ was held at Obasanjo’s residence.

Our sources said that the primary reason why Obasanjo and his PDP friends gave Bode George a robust welcome was to atone for the sin of abandoning him while he was in prison. The PDP hopes to utilize what our source called “Bode George’s vast knowledge on how to win elections” in the service of President Goodluck Jonathan’s campaign. President Goodluck Jonathan sent the Minister for Defense, Adetokunbo Kayode, to represent him at the ceremony.

Read more at:

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/i-got-tricked-attend-bode-george-reception-obasanjo-lied
Re: Obasanjo : I Was Tricked To Attend Bode George’s Reception by ifyalways(f): 12:55pm On Mar 05, 2011
LMAO.
Old soldier never dies.
Tricked into leaving your house,attending the party,dancing owambe and enjoying amala plus all the accompanying yanfu-yanfu cheesy
Re: Obasanjo : I Was Tricked To Attend Bode George’s Reception by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 05, 2011
that wife of his is very pretty.

is that her?

the man sef no even fear to marry that kind of lady- what if they snatch her or something.

(1) (Reply)

One Word On Lagos Roads / Igbos Should Boycott Nairaland,facebook Etc Tomorrow In Honour Of Ojukwu / Nigeria: Northern Leaders Have Case To Answer On Boko Haram - Iwuanyanwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.