Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? (5934 Views)

Rivers State Is So Unfortunate / We Igbo Are So Unfortunate / Older Nigerians Have Destroyed The Gains Of The Protests. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:33pm On Oct 10, 2020
Why are Nigerians above the age of 40 so unfortunate and extremely stupid. You guys were born when the British left Nigeria. They handed over a country with dreams and a bright future but you managed to ruin it and wreck it for future generations. Your mates who also took control of their countries in the same time periods have built their nations to first world status while you have generated poverty and hopelessness for Nigerians. Most millennials were born from 1985 to 1995. What did we meet? Honestly this country has been a shithole from birth and it has managed to get worst in recent years. As of last year I could cook a good meal with 1000 naira. It's impossible to do so today. How much do I make? What is the average Nigerian salary? How many jobs even exist in this useless shithole.

The most annoying thing about this failed generation is they still have mouth to talk back on the youths that the youths are the ones who ruined Nigeria. Ruined Nigeria with what. Look at the fool called myBraine. How can one person be so foolish and he thinks he's making any sense. Nigerians should be excluded from technology and embrace subsistence farming. Please name one country in the world where subsistence farming made them a trillion dollar economy which is what Nigeria desperately needs for our booming population. The endsars protest going on go and check the people against the movement are Nigerians within that age range. People that feel that you can't make any money online. They don't know the world has changed. They don't know it's possible to sit down in Nigeria and work with big companies in silicon valley and earn millions. They don't know the millions many people make monthly trading crypto and Forex. When bbnaija was showing they said the youths are distracted now it has ended and the youths are out and you are abusing them.

Nigerians above 40 why are you so unfortunate? Your mates built south Korea, Singapore, Japan, Vietnam you guys left poverty for all of us.

57 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by RedPhoenix: 5:42pm On Oct 10, 2020
grin

The mods needs to see this. And perhaps push it o front page

Lalasticlala

Dominique

Mynd44

Mods do the needful

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by joyandfaith: 6:04pm On Oct 10, 2020
Actually older generations destroyed this country. those in their 20s and above after the independence misused opportunity they had to transform the country. those they were born in 50s and 60s were lost generation. they were misled by earlier generations. those that were born in 70s and 80s were old enough to see transition to civilian rule and witnessed struggle for democracy. most of the lead activists campaigning for restructuring of the country are in that age group, likes of segalink, dele farotimi, Oracle, Nnamdi kanu, Joe aba, beautiful nubia. they were fighting for the future of their children many of whom are still in their early childhood. those that were born in 90s are confused generation. in their childhood, they witnessed military regime and early civilian rule. but those they were born in 2000s are mixed generations-indomie, reformers and criminals. this generation is interested in radical change. generation of 90s and 2000s are likely to reform the country through revolution because many of them are hopeless and hustlers. they are being targeted by police as being criminals. they would revolt and generation of those born in 70s and 80s would support them morally and financially.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:08pm On Oct 10, 2020
joyandfaith:
Actually older generations destroyed this country. those in their 20s and above after the independence misused opportunity they had to transform the country. those they were born in 50s and 60s were lost generation. they were misled by earlier generations. those that were born in 70s and 80s were old enough to see transition to civilian rule and witnessed struggle for democracy. most of the lead activists campaigning for restructuring of the country are in that age group, likes of segalink, dele farotimi, Oracle, Nnamdi kanu, Joe aba, beautiful nubia. they were fighting for the future of their children many of whom are still in their early childhood. those that were born in 90s are confused generation. in their childhood, they witnessed military regime and early civilian rule. but those they were born in 2000s are mixed generations-indomie, reformers and criminals. this generation is interested in radical change. generation of 90s and 2000s are likely to reform the country through revolution because many of them are hopeless and hustlers. they are being targeted by police as being criminals. they would revolt and generation of those born in 70s and 80s would support them morally and financially.
The 90s kids are the most resilient Nigerians ever. A generation that has had everything taken away from them. Many of us graduated in a recession, no jobs nothing. A few startups in Nigeria are started by those from this generation mind you. They also constitute the bulk of Nigerians who work in the tech industry which helps generate foreign exchange for the shithole. The older generation are a very big problem. Very unfortunate set of people.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by RedPhoenix: 6:11pm On Oct 10, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

The 90s kids are the most resilient Nigerians ever. A generation that has had everything taken away from them. Many of us graduated in a recession, no jobs nothing. A few startups in Nigeria are started by those from this generation mind you. They also constitute the bulk of Nigerians who work in the tech industry which helps generate foreign exchange for the shithole. The older generation are a very big problem. Very unfortunate set of people.

Guy na who provoke you like this

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:13pm On Oct 10, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Guy na who provoke you like this
All this old foolish people. See people like myBraine. Men old people foolish see their tweets online. Many of this old people are our greatest problem in this country. In academia na dem dey A for God, B for man. In terms of getting a job, na them dey want make you lick yansh to get work. Very useless people.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by RedPhoenix: 6:14pm On Oct 10, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

All this old foolish people. See people like myBraine. Men old people foolish see their tweets online. Many of this old people are our greatest problem in this country. In academia na dem dey A for God, B for man. In terms of getting a job, na them dey want make you lick yansh to get work. Very useless people.

Lmao

1 Like

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by Elvictor: 6:18pm On Oct 10, 2020
Nigeria is a fraudulent entity perpetuated by Lord Lugard on Africa intellectuals to render them hopeless and stupid with colonial constitution even after gaining independence, an ATM machine to any corrupt individual around the world to cash out especially ATM card carriers who are called Politicians.

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by joyandfaith: 6:18pm On Oct 10, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

yes, generation of 90s and 2000s are bearing the brunt of failure older generations. they are being harassed by police for being hustlers. they take advantage of internet to help themselves. revolution will start and end with them, then new era shall begins.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by loveth360(f): 7:15pm On Oct 10, 2020
Only Division will save Nigeria and Nigerians.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by div111(m): 7:25pm On Oct 10, 2020
joyandfaith:

yes, generation of 90s and 2000s are bearing the brunt of failure older generations. they are being harassed by police for being hustlers. they take advantage of internet to help themselves. revolution will start and end with them, then new era shall begins.

if a revolution starts I swr the kind anger wey I go unleash for this useless govt ehhh..

very stupid, senseless, corrupt,greedy, dull and wicked people

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by Karleb(m): 8:41pm On Oct 10, 2020
O boy, this thread dey ginger me a swear!

E be like say I smoke fresh weed!

Did you know that before COVID-19, USA, a country bigger than us in terms of land mass and population had unemployment rate of 3.7 per cent?

Yet even doctors don start to dey find work for naija.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:46pm On Oct 10, 2020
Karleb:
O boy, this thread dey ginger me a swear!

E be like say I smoke fresh weed!

Did you know that before COVID-19, USA, a country bigger than us in terms of land mass and population had unemployment rate of 3.7 per cent?

Yet even doctors don start to dey find work for naija.
Bro I don't understand. Why must one leave their country to make it? Why? What is funny is that many of them in that foolish generation praise entrepreneurship yet how many entrepreneurs did they produce? If they did, we would have had a lot of companies in Nigeria. Our mates in Singapore would have probably graduated from one of the best universities in the world check the ranking of Singaporean universities and would be working a six figure job. He can also travel all around the world visa free. This is a country Nigeria was so much better than. What of south Korea? A country where in the 80s beef was a luxury. When we had the oil boom they were starving. What of Vietnam? A country that had a 20 year war with the USA and just started building her economy in the 80s. Bro those people are useless. If not for my parents I for dey beat every old Nigerian for road. Idiots.

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:48pm On Oct 10, 2020
WONDERFUL.
GOOD THING YOU'RE ALL REALIZING WHAT I'VE BEEN CAMPAIGNING AGAINST SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN.

RESPECT YOUR ELDERS IS A SILLY SOCIAL CONSTRUCT DESIGNED TO KEEP YOU BELOW YOUR PARENTS, TEACHERS, LEADERS, AND PREACHERS FOREVER. THEY'VE LIVED THEIR LIVES AND NOW WANT TO LIVE YOURS FOR YOU, AND AT AGE 30+ YOU'RE HOLDING ON TO THE SAYING THAT "WHAT AN OLD MAN CAN SEE FROM HIS CAVE, A YOUTH CAN NEVER SEE EVEN FROM THE HIGHEST OF MOUNTAINS".

YOU'RE A DISEASE IF YOU REFUSE TO BREAK FREE FROM THE CHAINS OF THESE OLD FOOLS.
ELDERS IN UK AND ASIA INVENTED THINGS FOR THEIR YOUTHS. OUR OWN ELDERS ARE EXPERTS OF OWAMBE, PALMWINE, AND PROMOTING SUPERSTITIOUS BELIEFS AND TRIBALISM.

THE NIGERIAN SYSTEM TODAY IS "ANTI-YOUTH" BECAUSE THE OLDER GENERATION ENVY US. KNOW THIS, AND STAND YOUR GROUND BECAUSE THESE OLD CARGOES WILL RUIN YOUR PLANS AND THAT OF YOUR CHILDREN UNBORN.

52 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by naija4life247: 8:50pm On Oct 10, 2020
This is how chronic madness starts

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 10, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 10, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
WONDERFUL.
GOOD THING YOU'RE ALL REALIZING WHAT I'VE BEEN CAMPAIGNING AGAINST SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN.

RESPECT YOUR ELDERS IS A SILLY SOCIAL CONSTRUCT DESIGNED TO KEEP YOU BELOW YOUR PARENTS, TEACHERS, LEADERS, AND PREACHERS FOREVER. THEY'VE LIVED THEIR LIVES AND NOW WANT TO LIVE YOURS FOR YOU, AND AT AGE 30+ YOU'RE HOLDING ON TO THE SAYING THAT "WHAT AN OLD MAN CAN SEE FROM HIS CAVE, A YOUTH CAN NEVER SEE EVEN FROM THE HIGHEST OF MOUNTAINS".
YOU'RE A DISEASE IF YOU REFUSE TO BREAK FREE FROM THE CHAINS OF THESE OLD FOOLS

You have summarized it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by Hopss(m): 9:29pm On Oct 10, 2020
Had same conversation with my sometime late last year

My dad:this present generation (from the late 80s to now)are very lazy n corrupt.

Me:how?
Dad:they don't want to work but want to drive big cars
Me:I use to hear how great Nigeria was when we had independance with even better n greater opportunity to become a force to reckon with but ur generation spoilt it, so anything you seeing the youths doing today is as a result of your generation wrong decision.
Dad:well you right
Me:Thank GOD say u gree this one(we disagree on almost every topic politically )

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by stonemasonn: 9:38pm On Oct 10, 2020
I don't blame them completely, they were told Marxism was the way to go, they have been institutionalized grin they don't know any better.

They were taught to depend on government for everything and steal what they can't have.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by Karleb(m): 10:00pm On Oct 10, 2020
Hopss:
Had same conversation with my sometime late last year

My dad:this present generation (from the late 80s to now)are very lazy n corrupt.

Me:how?
Dad:they don't want to work but want to drive big cars
Me:I use to hear how great Nigeria was when we had independance with even better n greater opportunity to become a force to reckon with but ur generation spoilt it, so anything you seeing the youths doing today is as a result of your generation wrong decision.
Dad:well you right
Me:Thank GOD say u gree this one(we disagree on almost every topic politically )

I wish I could disagree with my Dad without him thinking I'm disrespectful.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by babatunji91185: 10:07pm On Oct 10, 2020
The modifications needs to see this. And perhaps push it o rear webpage Dominique Mods do the needful

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by Lipscomb(m): 10:22pm On Oct 10, 2020
Stop persecuting a dead man you're bringing calamity to your life be warn. Nigeria is not the first country that would be colonized. As at 80s Nigeria still in the right path.
Elvictor:
Nigeria is a fraudulent entity perpetuated by Lord Lugard on Africa intellectuals to render them hopeless and stupid with colonial constitution even after gaining independence, an ATM machine to any corrupt individual around the world to cash out especially ATM card carriers who are called Politicians.
Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 10, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
Why are Nigerians above the age of 40 so unfortunate and extremely stupid. You guys were born when the British left Nigeria. They handed over a country with dreams and a bright future but you managed to ruin it and wreck it for future generations. Your mates who also took control of their countries in the same time periods have built their nations to first world status while you have generated poverty and hopelessness for Nigerians. Most millennials were born from 1985 to 1995. What did we meet? Honestly this country has been a shithole from birth and it has managed to get worst in recent years. As of last year I could cook a good meal with 1000 naira. It's impossible to do so today. How much do I make? What is the average Nigerian salary? How many jobs even exist in this useless shithole.

The most annoying thing about this failed generation is they still have mouth to talk back on the youths that the youths are the ones who ruined Nigeria. Ruined Nigeria with what. Look at the fool called myBraine. How can one person be so foolish and he thinks he's making any sense. Nigerians should be excluded from technology and embrace subsistence farming. Please name one country in the world where subsistence farming made them a trillion dollar economy which is what Nigeria desperately needs for our booming population. The endsars protest going on go and check the people against the movement are Nigerians within that age range. People that feel that you can't make any money online. They don't know the world has changed. They don't know it's possible to sit down in Nigeria and work with big companies in silicon valley and earn millions. They don't know the millions many people make monthly trading crypto and Forex. When bbnaija was showing they said the youths are distracted now it has ended and the youths are out and you are abusing them.

Nigerians above 40 why are you so unfortunate? Your mates built south Korea, Singapore, Japan, Vietnam you guys left poverty for all of us.

Well they're actually more fortunate than you because they got better education, had access to jobs and have got less time to deal with the current dysfunction that exists in the society.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:43pm On Oct 10, 2020
HouseAtreides:

Well they're actually more fortunate than you because they got better education, had access to jobs and have got less time to deal with the current dysfunction that exists in the society.
What a shame. I am sure you are in the same age range. Your mates built Singapore. They no get two brain. Entrepreneurship 0. Education 0. How many exploits from your generation 0. 0 on 10 all round.

11 Likes

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 10, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

What a shame. I am sure you are in the same age range. Your mates built Singapore. They no get two brain. Entrepreneurship 0. Education 0. How many exploits from your generation 0. 0 on 10 all round.

Well the most valuable thing they took from you is the ability to think.

Go get that for yourself before trying to argue with me, dummy. If you had a grain of sense left in your skull you'd know to start where you are now instead of blaming other people for your draw in the lottery of birth.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by aljharem(m): 10:57pm On Oct 10, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Thank you but not Nigerians above 40 but above 50

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by Firespitterz: 11:02pm On Oct 10, 2020
stonemasonn:
I don't blame them completely, they were told Marxism was the way to go, they have been institutionalized grin they don't know any better.

They were taught to depend on government for everything and steal what they can't have.

What do you mean? MARXISM sent Soviets to space. What did these set of old fools achieve order than wickedness, corruption, greed and demonic practices. That generation is the most demonic and wicked generation ever liveth. Just look the dummy in Abuja. These set of old fools lack empathy and are blood thirsty. They are lucifer sent from hades. Spits

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by aljharem(m): 11:02pm On Oct 10, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Bro I don't understand. Why must one leave their country to make it? Why? What is funny is that many of them in that foolish generation praise entrepreneurship yet how many entrepreneurs did they produce? If they did, we would have had a lot of companies in Nigeria. Our mates in Singapore would have probably graduated from one of the best universities in the world check the ranking of Singaporean universities and would be working a six figure job. He can also travel all around the world visa free. This is a country Nigeria was so much better than. What of south Korea? A country where in the 80s beef was a luxury. When we had the oil boom they were starving. What of Vietnam? A country that had a 20 year war with the USA and just started building her economy in the 80s. Bro those people are useless. If not for my parents I for dey beat every old Nigerian for road. Idiots.

God bless you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by aljharem(m): 11:03pm On Oct 10, 2020
naija4life247:
This is how chronic madness starts

Your father is mad. The OP is talking sense

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by Firespitterz: 11:04pm On Oct 10, 2020
HouseAtreides:

Well the most valuable thing they took from you is the ability to think.

Go get that for yourself before trying to argue with me, dummy. If you had a grain of sense left in your skull you'd know to start where you are now instead of blaming other people for your draw in the lottery of birth.

Shut up. You post is senseless.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by aljharem(m): 11:05pm On Oct 10, 2020
Karleb:

I wish I could disagree with my Dad without him thinking I'm disrespectful.

Bleep him thinking you are disrespectful
Re: Why Are Older Nigerians So Unfortunate? by ibedun: 11:07pm On Oct 10, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Person wey talk say him papa no rich, him papa no accumulate wealth, na inside life himself dey so....

Young man, tell us exactly what you are doing in life now? If you are not yet feeding yourself (at the very least, then SHUT UP!!!!)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Auditor-General’s Office Uncovers Over ₦9.424 Bn Illegal Expenditure By NASS / FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme / Genocide In Nigeria: Igbos Face Extinction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.