Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? (2259 Views)

Poll: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims?

Yes ..SURE!: 27% (3 votes)
Yes if its really exclusive and halal: 54% (6 votes)
Maybe: 9% (1 vote)
Never: 9% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? / Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by diyobdw(f): 11:58am On Mar 05, 2011
As salam alaykum, smiley

I will like to seek your opinion on this topic,

With issues like; fading family values, crumbling trends of the young marriages and inter-religion marriage (esp. Islamic -xtian ones 'cos they don't find a "Muslim spouse" ) .  sad

Will you a single muslim or walee to one, welcome this idea:
An exclusive (confidential and well screened) Islamic singles event, with focus on finding educating single Muslim youth on Nuptials and a suitable Muslim spouses (of course in an Halal setting)?   undecided

PS: give at least a reason why you would or wouldn't.  shocked

You can also send your response to - thetimelesslight[at]gmail[dot]com
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 05, 2011
i think such things [matchmaking, etc] are supposed to be approved by the relevant clergy or imams, etc.

i could be wrong though.
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by diyobdw(f): 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2011
Please note the event is not to actual wed the people but to help you meet suitable (a.k.a. match- matchmaking)
Talks on nuptial will be be given by professional but secular & religious backgrounds

@tpiah! will you attend such or have your doubt or rule it out?
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by Sweetnecta: 1:11pm On Mar 05, 2011
@tpiah; you are wrong here, if not in every case in matters of Islam.

Allah create wisdom in the mist of mankind. muslim uses this value, wisdom.

in the time of the prophet, AS, he was sending a governor to yemen. he asked this governor what will you judge the people with?

he, RA, says by the book of Allah. the messenger [as] said what if an issue arises and you dont see the answer in the Quran right away?

he said, i shall use the Sunnah/Hadith. the messenger said but if you dont see the answer right away in it, then what?

the governor designate said i will result to the wisdom/mind that Allah has given me.

them the messenger [as] thank Allah for given that special quality in  islam.

@op; the means, that is the social gathering if it follows islamic jurisprudence and great intention; halal only, it is good and not forbidden. it will not be a bidah, just like flying on airplane is not a bidah. intention is important as well as the way of carrying it out. both must not opposite islam, hence within it. it is halal to marry. it is halal for potential spouses to meet.
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 05, 2011
diyobdw:

Please note the event is not to actual wed the people but to help you meet suitable (a.k.a. match- matchmaking)
Talks on nuptial will be be given by professional but secular & religious backgrounds

@tpiah! will you attend such or have your doubt or rule it out?

i'm not muslim, but just giving my opinion.

never heard of such outside the internet, but that's not to say it cant happen.

i think most times, youths are brought together [socialized] under another event with a different theme, not exclusively a matchmaking one, which [matchmaking] tends to have the involvement of family, clergy, friends,etc.

anyway, it's just my opinion, and you can go with sweetnecta's view i suppose.
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 05, 2011
I think its possible for some to meet and eventually get hooked up especially the real and nice women who are geninue.But most are fake and wearing the hijab or being muslim does not mean they are nice,infact they are a product of the environment,very bad pretenders.
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by diyobdw(f): 2:08pm On Mar 05, 2011
tpiah!:

never heard of such outside the internet, but that's not to say it cant happen.

i think most times, youths are brought together [socialized] under another event with a different theme, not exclusively a matchmaking one, which [matchmaking] tends to have the involvement of family, clergy, friends,etc most times.

Thanks for your opinion cheesy , let me add that usually in  terms of it being Islamic- the organizers in this context stand as the walee /guardians / parent (if we can use it like that). Remember  like @Sweetnecta as said[b] it is an avenue to meet[/b].

Sweetnecta:

@op; the means, that is the social gathering if it follows Islamic jurisprudence and great intention; halal only, it is good and not forbidden. it will not be a bidah, just like flying on airplane is not a bidah. intention is important as well as the way of carrying it out. both must not opposite islam, hence within it. it is halal to marry. it is halal for potential spouses to meet.

yea, that's why i added (of course in an Halal setting). Though it is a social matter no crossing the line!  undecided

@olas2u - well said! pretender are great problems and that were the screening i mentioned comes in- though it might not be 100% proof; but will to a great extent discourage such.

Also the event talks will highlight and dissect "searching" issues. Hopefully this should help people identify the signs to lookout for, as well as to get REAL rather than searching for Mr. or Mrs. perfect which does exist.
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 05, 2011
Are they all hard liners?or there are moderates muslims among them,i mean the women now,Are they all hardliners or we have have moderates among them.
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by diyobdw(f): 2:30pm On Mar 05, 2011
, its open to hardliners and moderate(using your words) even the funky ones wink
its all about growing the ummah! grin
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by alimat2(f): 7:37pm On Mar 05, 2011
think i saw dis on facebook
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by Araboy(m): 10:21pm On Mar 05, 2011
@OP the venue is completly Islamic ? It would be better if you guys were more open so we all can try our chances and do you guys plan to have an after party ?
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Mar 05, 2011
and who are "we".
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by Araboy(m): 1:54am On Mar 06, 2011
OK I meant by ''we" Agnostic muslims but I hope they become more inclusive so Tpiah can attend too and maybe find her muslim boy despite being a devout xtian wink
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by azharuddin: 7:18am On Mar 06, 2011
Araboy:

Agnostic

Bro Are you Agnostic?
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by congoshine(m): 10:46am On Mar 06, 2011
I think the internet has solved the need for all these.

Facebook,Islamic dating sites etc.
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by Sweetnecta: 12:16pm On Mar 06, 2011
^^^^^ people still interact. there is no substitute to seeing people face to ace since the intention is to finally live together as spouses under the same roof.
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by congoshine(m): 1:21pm On Mar 06, 2011
Good point,but for marriage you need a lot of compartibility factors to be covered e.g ethnic group,blood type ,location,career etc.

This can be easly filtered on the net ,before attempting physical contact.

A combination of both wouldnt be a bad idea though.
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by diyobdw(f): 6:29pm On Mar 06, 2011
alimat 2:

think i saw dis on facebook
probably,  wink

Araboy:

@OP the venue is completly Islamic ? It would be better if you guys were more open so we all can try our chances and do you guys plan to have an after party ?
venue and setting will be. So more open how? What else do u want to know. {Note: this is listen to what people want. i cant give the full details now sad }

congoshine:

I think the internet has solved the need for all these.

Facebook,Islamic dating sites etc.
hmm,  face to face cant be ignored guess @Sweetnecta  is very right.

congoshine:

A combination of both wouldn't be a bad idea though.

yea it will be both ,
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by deols(f): 7:02pm On Mar 06, 2011
I think there's nothing wrong with having such an event.

diyobdw:

Thanks for your opinion cheesy , let me add that usually in  terms of it being Islamic- the organizers in this context stand as the walee /guardians / parent (if we can use it like that). Remember  like @Sweetnecta as said[b] it is an avenue to meet[/b].

Do u mean dat d organisers would stand as the walee or are actually the walee
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by deols(f): 7:05pm On Mar 06, 2011
Araboy:

OK I meant by ''we" Agnostic muslims but I hope they become more inclusive so Tpiah can attend too and maybe find her muslim boy despite being a devout xtian wink

You cant eat your cake and have it. You are either a Muslim or not.
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by diyobdw(f): 10:07pm On Mar 06, 2011
deols:

I think there's nothing wrong with having such an event.

Do u mean dat d organisers would stand as the walee or are actually the walee

1. what do you think is wrong plz?

2. organisers will work with attendees walee but at the event they will be the walee for both male and females,
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 06, 2011
Araboy:

didnt know you're muslim.

well, thread title says "exclusive", so no , i wouldnt be attending.

though i still wouldnt even if it didnt.

i'd like to matchmake, not be matchmade.
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by diyobdw(f): 10:19pm On Mar 06, 2011
tpiah!:

didnt know you're muslim.

well, thread title says "exclusive", so no , i wouldnt be attending.

though i still wouldnt even if it didnt.

i'd like to matchmake, not be matchmade.

Matchmade how?

PS:exclusive =confidential and well screened
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by Araboy(m): 11:21pm On Mar 06, 2011
First Muslim women need to stop being pretentious and living a double life if they are serious about marriage most really need to step up their games
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 06, 2011
diyobdw:

Matchmade how?

i mean i'd like to be a matchmaker, since that's something i've never done before.
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by diyobdw(f): 11:16am On Mar 07, 2011
@tpiah

o i c

Araboy:

First Muslim women need to stop being pretentious and living a double life if they are serious about marriage most really need to step up their games
not just the women, the men need to become less of hypocrites too, it both ways may Allah make it easy for us!
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by ifyalways(f): 3:22pm On Mar 07, 2011
Yeah I might attend If i were single and searching
I mean if im really ready to settle down or already thinking of marriage.
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by Lagosboy: 3:52pm On Mar 07, 2011
Yes i could attend one
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by diyobdw(f): 4:44pm On Mar 07, 2011
@ifyalways and @Lagosboy cool
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by Araboy(m): 5:55pm On Mar 07, 2011
@ deols Generally a Muslim is defined by faith in Islam however in nowdays there are religiously unobservant agnostics or atheists individuals who still identify with the Muslim culture due to family background  and the social and cultural environment in which they grow up so to differentiate them from the rest that why I used ''agnostic  muslims''
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by Araboy(m): 6:08pm On Mar 07, 2011
@OP In Islam males are not required to have a wali(guardian) unlike women I will attend the venue only if I can meet a progressive Open minded Muslim lady
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 07, 2011
Yeah, for sure since there is 'halal' word there,

and who would not wana attend ? undecided

Considering the shrinking opportunities of meeting/finding a good muslima,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) Prophesized The Bloodshed We See Among The Ummah / Junior Arabic And Islamic Secondary School Sales(JAISS) Of Form Now Available... / How Was Your Fasting Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.