Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1377890 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MsOyin: 2:20am On Aug 16, 2013
[quote author=tobiojo2002][/quote]

Thanks Tobiojo2002 , wishing you the best. Please let me know how it goes

Hello Babababy ,
Please keep us posted . Thank you and all the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 12:54pm On Aug 16, 2013
@ tobiojo2002

Good to know you are settled in the US, wish you safe deivery IJN.

how was your trip an your experience at thepoint of entry? Any immigrations issue...anything to learn from
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adeeva: 8:16pm On Aug 16, 2013
MsOyin:

Hello Babababy ,

@tobilojo

Hi pls will not mind to know the name of the hospital in New York that is charging 8k, won't mind going there,wife is due in october
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 11:59pm On Aug 16, 2013
Adeeva:

@tobilojo

Hi pls will not mind to know the name of the hospital in New York that is charging 8k, won't mind going there,wife is due in october

Apparently we have a lot of New Yorkers in the forum!! I your wife still in Naija now?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 12:37am On Aug 17, 2013
MsOyin:

Hello Babababy ,

Will do surely.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Rexwoods: 10:11am On Aug 17, 2013
For those looking for information on hospitals in New Jersey, I stumbled on this hospital Morristown medical center; hospital bill is 3900 and pediatrician is 1200 but if you paying cash upfront they give 40% discount. I called their billing dept on +18006194024. Feel free to call and make enquiries. http://www.atlantichealth.org/morristown/our+services/maternity/before+you+arrive+for+delivery/how+to+register.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by forevermine: 11:06am On Aug 17, 2013
Hi everyo. I just joined this forum and I must say I'm really motivated by all d comments/testimonies. I'm a newly-wed, and just discovered I'm pregnant 2days ago. I've always dreamed of givin my child d opportunity/foot forward in bein a usa citizen, as unfortunately, this country of ours isn't givin us any hope for the future. Iv begun to look at some sites (doctoresparati) and the likes n I'm quite encouraged as I dnt think iv gotten so much info bout childbirth in usa as I hv frm this forum. Thanks agaian and Pls share more testimonies.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by forevermine: 12:35pm On Aug 17, 2013
@Vivianobas. I hope u don't mind but pls pls can I get ur contact(email or otherwise)? I'd appreciate it,thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adeeva: 6:43pm On Aug 17, 2013
@ tobilojo
Yes o my wife is,stil in NAIja but she will be leaving for newyork in exactly 4 weeks, so please we don't mind if you can help with the details of the hospital in newyork that charges 8k , we are paying cash so am sure we can still get a good bargain.
Thanks a lot we appreciate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 9:44pm On Aug 17, 2013
Good Night.

[size=16pt]Have a lovely week[/size]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 1:31pm On Aug 18, 2013
Adeeva: @ tobilojo
Yes o my wife is,stil in NAIja but she will be leaving for newyork in exactly 4 weeks, so please we don't mind if you can help with the details of the hospital in newyork that charges 8k , we are paying cash so am sure we can still get a good bargain.
Thanks a lot we appreciate

Hello @adeeva, is she traveling alone? What Airline? Any family in New York?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adeeva: 4:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
@tobilojo
Yea we have family
In newyork, and she wnt be traveling alone.
Am just shopping for hospital in newyork and the 8k one sounds good,so I need more info
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mousepad: 5:51pm On Aug 18, 2013
Kudos to everyone who has contributed to this topic! Well done. Please o! I applied and was given a 2yrs b1/b2 visa, at the time of application i was a month and few wks pregnant.Now I told the VO i was travelling for business i.e.to buy goods and sell in Nigeria (which isnt a lie), but I intend to give birth in the U.S as well. I didnt mention anything abt pregnancy during my interview cos I wasnt asked any question relating to that. Will this be a problem at POE? I'm a first time traveller to the U.S and I intend to carry like $8,500 cash as well as my bank cards, I hv also gotten an apptment with a doctor and they've sent confirmation of apptment as well as payment details via email. I intend to tell the CBP at point of entry that I'm in the US first for business after which I hope to stay back and have my baby. Pls let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MsOyin: 6:46pm On Aug 18, 2013
@tobiojo2002 please can I have the name of the hospital in newyork that is charging 8k and other relevant details
Thank you ...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mokeju(f): 9:35am On Aug 19, 2013
Hello NLs,
I really appreciate this thread; its been very helpful.
I'll like to ask a few questions as regards my experience/plan.
Last year I applied for US B1/B2 visa and was scheduled to attend interview in January 2013. I actually made a mistake in my application by selecting 3months instead of 3weeks. I realised this after I had submitted and couldn't make corrections. (The application was to secure visa so I could go give birth sometime in may2013). By dec 2013 I lost my pregnancy n still went ahead for the interview in jan.
The vo asked if it was my first time of travelling n I said no that have been to the UK n Switzerland. Asked how long I was going for and I said 3weeks (I was expecting him to say but u wrote 3months so I could explain myself). Also asked about my job and I answered well.i think he also asked about giving birth n I said no since I was no longer pregnant. I wasn't given the visa and was not told the reason
Why I was denied. So the issue now is I am about 4months gone and want to apply again for visa so I can go give birth next year. Am so scared of going back because I do not know what to expect.
1. My passport is expiring next year june. Am thinking of going for another one with my married name . Do u think this will affect my chances of getting the visa.
2. Am also thiking of applying with my husband- will this increase
our chances?
3. Also if one is going for birthing does one really need an invitation letter? Or do I just request fot a letter from my family saying they are willing to accomodate me or something since am not going for holiday?
4. Also am planning to go sometime in October or early november so I could save more money should incase am asked about my finances. Is it a wise decision going to d embassy at 6-7 months of pregnancy?
I'll appreciate ur honest and kind responses.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mousepad: 2:06pm On Aug 19, 2013
@ Mokeju,

Applying with your husband does increase your chances, and I think renewing your passport (in his name or yours)before applying is a good thing. If you are going to tell them you are pregnant and going for childbirth then you should have evidence of financial buoyancy to cover costs. I think its best you tell them though since you will be very advanced then, just my thoughts. Lets hear what others suggest.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 3:57pm On Aug 19, 2013
Mousepad: Kudos to everyone who has contributed to this topic! Well done. Please o! I applied and was given a 2yrs b1/b2 visa, at the time of application i was a month and few wks pregnant.Now I told the VO i was travelling for business i.e.to buy goods and sell in Nigeria (which isnt a lie), but I intend to give birth in the U.S as well. I didnt mention anything abt pregnancy during my interview cos I wasnt asked any question relating to that. Will this be a problem at POE? I'm a first time traveller to the U.S and I intend to carry like $8,500 cash as well as my bank cards, I hv also gotten an apptment with a doctor and they've sent confirmation of apptment as well as payment details via email. I intend to tell the CBP at point of entry that I'm in the US first for business after which I hope to stay back and have my baby. Pls let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

The issue of birth tourism has no rule book, what applies for Paul wont apply for Peter. You mentioned you were not asked, and since you have other business to attend to in America,you should not have too much problems, this is not to say your renewal is 100% guaranteed. The next time you try and renew your visa you can follow some few tricks, don't apply for a renewal with your American baby, don't fill out a ds-160 form and include you will be traveling with an America citizen. Most people believe traveling with the baby would help, in reality the reverse is the case. The embassy would scrutinize all your details if they receive an application with an American citizen included in the travel itinerary . Also try and apply for another form of visa if you can, example M1 education visa , and also make sure you pay all your bills,I mean all your bills. Don't take Medicaid for the baby even though they might tell you the baby is entitled to it. All this would help,but won't guaranty a renewal, but would give you a better fighting chance.

The issue of the POE is also tricky, it depends on how you run your package. America is not advertising birth tourism ,so they are not keen on people coming over just to have babies. With that being said, it is illegal to have your baby in the US if you can afford it. You cannot walk to a CBP officer and just say I am here to have a baby. Some women have smaller bodies, and just stroll into America with a six month duration of stay . For the purpose of having a baby, you would prefer to be stamped a six stay at the POE. This duration depends fully on the officer and how he perceives your story. You mentioned you were going for business as well? Well to be frank with you, business travelers sometimes get the shortest duration of stay!!America is very strict with immigrants trying to work with a non immigrant visa. So in some cases, if you declare you are here for business, you could get the exact duration your business trip will last (3weeks). They don't expect a business trip to last 6 months. This is not to say you can't be stamped 6 months. So I believe you can declare your business intentions, as well as your birthing intentions and have sufficient funds with you as well. While accessing your application, the CBP officer will take into consideration if you won't be a liability to the American tax payers, also if you would return home afterwards. Although it is not illegal, they would be very happy to send you home if they find the smallest reason to do so. Your own game will be to be ready and know all your weaknesses. In my experience most tourist that have family in America easily get a 6 month granted if you declare you would be staying with family, they don't expect a tourist to stay 6 months in a hotel. They are just some few tips to get you prepared, and ready ,but their are really no guarantees. America is trying to recover from a recession and they would gladly welcome travelers with thousands of dollars ready to be spent in their economy. So make sure you declare how much you are carrying on your declaration form ,it helps as well. Hope this helps and good luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 4:08pm On Aug 19, 2013
Babababy:

The issue of birth tourism has no rule book, what applies for Paul wont apply for Peter. You mentioned you were not asked, and since you have other business to attend to in America,you should not have too much problems, this is not to say your renewal is 100% guaranteed. The next time you try and renew your visa you can follow some few tricks, don't apply for a renewal with your American baby, don't fill out a ds-160 form and include you will be traveling with an America citizen. Most people believe traveling with the baby would help, in reality the reverse is the case. The embassy would scrutinize all your details if they receive an application with an American citizen included in the travel itinerary . Also try and apply for another form of visa if you can, example M1 education visa , and also make sure you pay all your bills,I mean all your bills. Don't take Medicaid for the baby even though they might tell you the baby is entitled to it. All this would help,but won't guaranty a renewal, but would give you a better fighting chance.

The issue of the POE is also tricky, it depends on how you run your package. America is not advertising birth tourism ,so they are not keen on people coming over just to have babies. With that being said, it is illegal to have your baby in the US if you can afford it. You cannot walk to a CBP officer and just say I am here to have a baby. Some women have smaller bodies, and just stroll into America with a six month duration of stay . For the purpose of having a baby, you would prefer to be stamped a six stay at the POE. This duration depends fully on the officer and how he perceives your story. You mentioned you were going for business as well? Well to be frank with you, business travelers sometimes get the shortest duration of stay!!America is very strict with immigrants trying to work with a non immigrant visa. So in some cases, if you declare you are here for business, you could get the exact duration your business trip will last (3weeks). They don't expect a business trip to last 6 months. This is not to say you can't be stamped 6 months. So I believe you can declare your business intentions, as well as your birthing intentions and have sufficient funds with you as well. While accessing your application, the CBP officer will take into consideration if you won't be a liability to the American tax payers, also if you would return home afterwards. Although it is not illegal, they would be very happy to send you home if they find the smallest reason to do so. Your own game will be to be ready and know all your weaknesses. In my experience most tourist that have family in America easily get a 6 month granted if you declare you would be staying with family, they don't expect a tourist to stay 6 months in a hotel. They are just some few tips to get you prepared, and ready ,but their are really no guarantees. America is trying to recover from a recession and they would gladly welcome travelers with thousands of dollars ready to be spent in their economy. So make sure you declare how much you are carrying on your declaration form ,it helps as well. Hope this helps and good luck

My third sentence in the second paragraph ,I meant to say it is not illegal instead of it is illegal.

My second line in the
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mousepad: 4:10pm On Aug 19, 2013
@ Babababy: Thank you very much! I totally agree with everything you have said and I will def come back to share the news of my smooth entrance smiley Thanks again for taking time to respond.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aimiee: 5:27pm On Aug 19, 2013
Hi all, just a quick question.
Are you required to buy insurance to go with your bills ?

tobiojo2002: Hi Msoyin,
I'm currently in Newyork, i found a hospital in queens , that says the bill is abt 8k, i've registered there today, i'm over 39 wks and for me i just want the baby to pop and all should go well, i know. i spoke to a financial counselor and she says i can negotiate the bill after i get it which will be after delivery, all will go well by God's grace and i hope to negotiate to abt 5k since i will be paying cash. i'll keep u posted.

Does registration entail purchasing some form of insurance ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tteam(f): 7:45pm On Aug 19, 2013
Hello house. Who is going to phoenix Arizona between Sept and Dec. Lets come together and share ideas abeg. We can form strong solidarity and if possible meet there sef. @vivanobas na u be chairperson oo.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adeeva: 8:21pm On Aug 19, 2013
@tobiojo 2002
I have asked u this same question 5 times and you haven't answered ,except you do not want to share which is the purpose of this forum,pls what is the name of the hospital in newyork that billed u 8k? You will be helping a lot of people but as I said if you do not want to share no probs,thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 9:15pm On Aug 19, 2013
@ Adeeva,

You will have relax a bit, if you read tobiojo2002's last message on nairaland, you'll know it's possible she's delivered or has been admitted awaiting delivery.
I'm sure she will reply your mails once she's capable to do so...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Love300: 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2013
Just Found this online

Hialeah Hospital, Florida

Affordable Self-Pay Maternity Plans

Giving birth to a baby is one the happiest moments of your life. We also know that having a baby can be financially difficult, and even more if you do not have health insurance.

The Women's Health Center of Hialeah Hospital can help you enjoy this great time without having to worry about those costs.

Schedule a FREE tour of our Maternity Child Center or sign up for our childbirth classes today. Call 1-877-383-4226.

We offer comfortable maternity packages including:

Labor and Delivery
4D Ultrasound technology
Free childbirth classes
Comfortably designed rooms for labor, delivery & recovery
Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) for at-risk newborns
Cash-Pay Labor/Delivery Packages

Standard Delivery: $2,300
Cesarean Delivery: $3,200
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 1:29pm On Aug 20, 2013
tteam: Hello house. Who is going to phoenix Arizona between Sept and Dec. Lets come together and share ideas abeg. We can form strong solidarity and if possible meet there sef. @vivanobas na u be chairperson oo.

@tteam,
am considering 1st week in December. Have you concluded your travel bookings, accomodation etc?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 1:31pm On Aug 20, 2013
Love300: Just Found this online

Giving birth to a baby is one the happiest moments of your life. We also know that having a baby can be financially difficult, and even more if you do not have health insurance.

The Women's Health Center of Hialeah Hospital can help you enjoy this great time without having to worry about those costs.

Schedule a FREE tour of our Maternity Child Center or sign up for our childbirth classes today. Call 1-877-383-4226.

Labor and Delivery
4D Ultrasound technology
Free childbirth classes

@Love300,

Good Research, but i'll advise you call the hospital to confirm if there are additonal fees like Doctor's fees, Lab tests, etc. Some of these hospitals can be deceptive....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nenababe: 4:51pm On Aug 20, 2013
Hi all precious mums-to-be, Pls is any one of you considering Pheonix, Arizona for birthing between Feb and April 2014? I have decided to use MIHS and hope to get 2gether with any new mum that will be there at same time, especially if the person will be staying in an apartment home.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Rexwoods: 9:34pm On Aug 20, 2013
Love300: Just Found this online

I just called the hospital, the fee is not inclusive of doctors fees and other tests. It's just labour and delivery.

Labor and Delivery
4D Ultrasound technology
Free childbirth classes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Rexwoods: 9:35pm On Aug 20, 2013
I just called the hospital, the fee is not inclusive of doctors fees and other tests. It's just labour and delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by forevermine: 10:47am On Aug 21, 2013
Hi nenababe. Think we'r on the same page. Iv sent u an email on nl so pls respond wt ur email addy so we could discuss/plan. Cheers!
nenababe: Hi all precious mums-to-be, Pls is any one of you considering Pheonix, Arizona for birthing between Feb and April 2014? I have decided to use MIHS and hope to get 2gether with any new mum that will be there at same time, especially if the person will be staying in an apartment home.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dentale(m): 11:19am On Aug 21, 2013
nenababe: Hi all precious mums-to-be, Pls is any one of you considering Pheonix, Arizona for birthing between Feb and April 2014? I have decided to use MIHS and hope to get 2gether with any new mum that will be there at same time, especially if the person will be staying in an apartment home.

One of my options is to use the same hospital around February/March next year as well and will be looking to get an apartment home since my Mum will be coming with me. Let's discuss further, perhaps I can be fully convinced. The weather is a pro for sure (Nigeria like). All in all, I'm still a bit undecided. I wish I could get a similar package in Houston or Atlanta since there are direct flights from Nigeria to those cities and I know more people there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nenababe: 5:16pm On Aug 21, 2013
Dentale:

One of my options is to use the same hospital around February/March next year as well and will be looking to get an apartment home since my Mum will be coming with me. Let's discuss further, perhaps I can be fully convinced. The weather is a pro for sure (Nigeria like). All in all, I'm still a bit undecided. I wish I could get a similar package in Houston or Atlanta since there are direct flights from Nigeria to those cities and I know more people there.
Hi Dentale, infact Atlanta is still my first option since I hv family there and will be so comfortable. But the fees I hv been getting are in the range of above $8k. Am still searching though and will finally decide for Pheonix if I hv no other choice. Let's keep in touch. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.