Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1379107 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nenababe: 5:27pm On Aug 21, 2013
forevermine: Hi nenababe. Think we'r on the same page. Iv sent u an email on nl so pls respond wt ur email addy so we could discuss/plan. Cheers!
Hi forevermine, The price is d main attraction if that's truly d total fees as stated on their website. I don't know anyone there and quite apprehensive how's its gonna be there. I hv family in Atlanta and really hopeful I will get something in d range of $5k in Atlanta. Well we'll keep talking pending when each decides where to use. Email me on bridgetorie@gmail.com cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by starafricababy: 8:42pm On Aug 21, 2013
Hello Forum members! Thank you for all your help with your valuable information. I am contributing my feedback since I found invaluable all the information I found on this forum and wish to add to the value that this thread offers to all.

I have just registerred in El Paso, TX, first because of the recommendations provided on this website, and second because of my research with regard to Doctores Para Ti and Maricoma specifically since these seem to be the prevailing clinics. I will note that my prefference my be different than others since the reasons for my decision may not have the same importance to other members.

Communication. When I contacted both places either by telephone or email, El Paso seemed to respond to my telephone/email immediately. Maricoma was very difficult talking or getting back a response by email.
Doctors. I was informed that Phoenix worked with resident doctors and El Paso with private doctors.
Specialized Service. The service offerred at Phoenix was "as is", I was a bit more attracted by a El Paso given that, as many have pointed out, it is package that is specialized for international patients.
Quality. I looked up both hospitals on Healthgrades.com. Maricoma, had 1 star in maternity services (lowest rating) and Del Sol Medical Center, the hospital for Doctores para ti, had 5 stars in maternity services (highest rating).

Healthgrades.com
Maricoma http://www.healthgrades.com/hospital-directory/arizona-az/maricopa-medical-center-hgst020b7b36030022#Ratings

Del Sol Medical http://www.healthgrades.com/hospital-directory/texas-tx-central/del-sol-medical-center-hgst193bc8b6450646#Ratings

As I mentioned this was only -my- criteria and other members may have their own criteria. I have enrolled and will be back to post my experience once my baby is born in November.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bamakoe(f): 8:57pm On Aug 21, 2013
starafricababy: Hello Forum members! Thank you for all your help with your valuable information. I am contributing my feedback since I found invaluable all the information I found on this forum and wish to add to the value that this thread offers to all.

I have just registerred in El Paso, TX, first because of the recommendations provided on this website, and second because of my research with regard to Doctores Para Ti and Maricoma specifically since these seem to be the prevailing clinics. I will note that my prefference my be different than others since the reasons for my decision may not have the same importance to other members.

Communication. When I contacted both places either by telephone or email, El Paso seemed to respond to my telephone/email immediately. Maricoma was very difficult talking or getting back a response by email.
Doctors. I was informed that Phoenix worked with resident doctors and El Paso with private doctors.
Specialized Service. The service offerred at Phoenix was "as is", I was a bit more attracted by a El Paso given that, as many have pointed out, it is package that is specialized for international patients.
Quality. I looked up both hospitals on Healthgrades.com. Maricoma, had 1 star in maternity services (lowest rating) and Del Sol Medical Center, the hospital for Doctores para ti, had 5 stars in maternity services (highest rating).

Healthgrades.com
Maricoma http://www.healthgrades.com/hospital-directory/arizona-az/maricopa-medical-center-hgst020b7b36030022#Ratings

Del Sol Medical http://www.healthgrades.com/hospital-directory/texas-tx-central/del-sol-medical-center-hgst193bc8b6450646#Ratings

As I mentioned this was only -my- criteria and other members may have their own criteria. I have enrolled and will be back to post my experience once my baby is born in November.

@starafricababy around when are you traveling to El Paso?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by starafricababy: 11:04pm On Aug 21, 2013
bamakoe:

@starafricababy around when are you traveling to El Paso?

I am leaving on Oct 3 by Delta. Small stop in Houston and straight to El Paso International Airport.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by gbollykore: 2:48am On Aug 22, 2013
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bamakoe(f): 5:02am On Aug 22, 2013
starafricababy:

I am leaving on Oct 3 by Delta. Small stop in Houston and straight to El Paso International Airport.

Great! I'll be leaving mid next month but will be in El Paso latest by 20th Sept. I'll PM you on nairaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dentale(m): 7:39am On Aug 22, 2013
nenababe:

Hi Dentale, infact Atlanta is still my first option since I hv family there and will be so comfortable. But the fees I hv been getting are in the range of above $8k. Am still searching though and will finally decide for Pheonix if I hv no other choice. Let's keep in touch. Cheers

Will do my dear. Let me do some more research and I will revert.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dentale(m): 7:41am On Aug 22, 2013
starafricababy: Hello Forum members! Thank you for all your help with your valuable information. I am contributing my feedback since I found invaluable all the information I found on this forum and wish to add to the value that this thread offers to all.

Healthgrades.com

Good research. Well done!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsBee1: 1:52pm On Aug 22, 2013
nenababe:

Hi Dentale, infact Atlanta is still my first option since I hv family there and will be so comfortable. But the fees I hv been getting are in the range of above $8k. Am still searching though and will finally decide for Pheonix if I hv no other choice. Let's keep in touch. Cheers
Try Southern regional women community center 5k max for all. Wen u leaving.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsBee1: 2:14pm On Aug 22, 2013
mokeju: Hello NLs,
I really appreciate this thread; its been very helpful.
I'll like to ask a few questions as regards my experience/plan.
Last year I applied for US B1/B2 visa and was scheduled to attend interview in January 2013. I actually made a mistake in my application by selecting 3months instead of 3weeks. I realised this after I had submitted and couldn't make corrections. (The application was to secure visa so I could go give birth sometime in may2013). By dec 2013 I lost my pregnancy n still went ahead for the interview in jan.
The vo asked if it was my first time of travelling n I said no that have been to the UK n Switzerland. Asked how long I was going for and I said 3weeks (I was expecting him to say but u wrote 3months so I could explain myself). Also asked about my job and I answered well.i think he also asked about giving birth n I said no since I was no longer pregnant. I wasn't given the visa and was not told the reason
Why I was denied. So the issue now is I am about 4months gone and want to apply again for visa so I can go give birth next year. Am so scared of going back because I do not know what to expect.
1. My passport is expiring next year june. Am thinking of going for another one with my married name . Do u think this will affect my chances of getting the visa.
2. Am also thiking of applying with my husband- will this increase
our chances?
3. Also if one is going for birthing does one really need an invitation letter? Or do I just request fot a letter from my family saying they are willing to accomodate me or something since am not going for holiday?
4. Also am planning to go sometime in October or early november so I could save more money should incase am asked about my finances. Is it a wise decision going to d embassy at 6-7 months of pregnancy?
I'll appreciate ur honest and kind responses.
Hi. Might have a few answers, u av to go 2 Abuja to renew ur passport to ur married name, it doesn't affect ur chance if u apply with ur maiden name bla bla. Go with your marriage certificate if u decide to apply wiv ur regular passport. It's ur choice. Doesn't change anything. From my experience I just renewed my passport shortly b4 I got married so I can't go through d stress of doing anoda. We got d visa no qualms. Secondly. U shld apply with your husband, and jokingly say u need ur husband there to hold his hands wen u abt to av d baby becos he's gonna join u as at d time of ur due dat. U need an invitation letter in d city u wanna av ur baby boost ur chances dey will say u coming to stay with them and u gonna take care of all ur finances but on d oda hand u can book a long term apartment/ hotel reservation. Do a research of a hospital u intend to use print out their prices and get an appointment letter from them. They will surely check that. Ur finances and dat of ur husband will help boost ur chance. Cos dem gonna ask who is paying. U can say u both collectively. Me said my husband thou cos he earns way more Dan I do. Above all please when dey ask u wat u going to do in d us boldly tell them u going to av ur baby and u wouldn't seek any financial aid from d govt. they always give pple who tell d truth becos most ppe lie so dey re flabagasted wen u say boldly am gonna av my baby and I av d money to foot my bills. Applying at six months is good BT make sure u secure a convenient date too. I applied at 7months thou BT my belle is small. And don't be over dresses so u dnt look desperate. I hope this has helped abit. Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adeeva: 4:27pm On Aug 22, 2013
Hi people can any one help with a reasonable hospital in newyork,not too expensive anything between 8k and 10k and option of CS ,will really appreciate
Much luv
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 4:55pm On Aug 22, 2013
Mrs Bee:
Hi. Might have a few answers, u av to go 2 Abuja to renew ur passport to ur married name, it doesn't affect ur chance if u apply with ur maiden name bla bla. Go with your marriage certificate if u decide to apply wiv ur regular passport. It's ur choice. Doesn't change anything. From my experience I just renewed my passport shortly b4 I got married so I can't go through d stress of doing anoda. We got d visa no qualms. Secondly. U shld apply with your husband, and jokingly say u need ur husband there to hold his hands wen u abt to av d baby becos he's gonna join u as at d time of ur due dat. U need an invitation letter in d city u wanna av ur baby boost ur chances dey will say u coming to stay with them and u gonna take care of all ur finances but on d oda hand u can book a long term apartment/ hotel reservation. Do a research of a hospital u intend to use print out their prices and get an appointment letter from them. They will surely check that. Ur finances and dat of ur husband will help boost ur chance. Cos dem gonna ask who is paying. U can say u both collectively. Me said my husband thou cos he earns way more Dan I do. Above all please when dey ask u wat u going to do in d us boldly tell them u going to av ur baby and u wouldn't seek any financial aid from d govt. they always give pple who tell d truth becos most ppe lie so dey re flabagasted wen u say boldly am gonna av my baby and I av d money to foot my bills. Applying at six months is good BT make sure u secure a convenient date too. I applied at 7months thou BT my belle is small. And don't be over dresses so u dnt look desperate. I hope this has helped abit. Cheers

@ Mrs Bee,

nice to have you around...Hope you are better now?

@ Mokeju,

I don't think i have anything else to add, Mrs Bee has said it all.....Be calm and say the truth...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 23, 2013
;DThe truth helps a lot. Answer questions clearly. It worked for me. Good luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsBee1: 2:54pm On Aug 23, 2013
hardeymijuh:

@ Mrs Bee,

nice to have you around...Hope you are better now?

@ Mokeju,

I don't think i have anything else to add, Mrs Bee has said it all.....Be calm and say the truth...
Am getting better by his grace, but still in d hospital. Bored sick I just wanna leave dis country make d pickin no go port oh. But I believe his mercies endure to 4eva. Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mokeju(f): 3:46pm On Aug 23, 2013
Thanks alot Mrs Bee.
I really appreciate ur response.

Please what happens when you have a valid visa on an expired passport? Because am thinking of using my passport as i dont know how long all this passport runs will take. if i decide to renew n all it will delay my booking appointment and all because i'll definetly be issued a new passport.

The Lord is ur strength... smiley

Mrs Bee:
smileyThanks alot Mrs Bee.
I really appreciate ur response.

Please what happens when you have a valid visa on an expired passport? Because am thinking of using my passport as i dont know how long all this passport runs will take. if i decide to renew n all it will delay my booking appointment and all because i'll definetly be issued a new passport.

The Lord is ur strength... smiley

Mrs Bee:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by utcheylee: 4:36pm On Aug 23, 2013
good day pple,please I would like to apply for US visa for the first time with my family and the idea is for us to get a visa for vacation and by his grace to deliver my 3rd child there too when the time comes. can anyone tell me the chances we have to be granted a visa since its our first time travelling out of naija and other important info we need to know will be highly appreciated.
cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tobiojo2002: 11:27pm On Aug 23, 2013
Hello Everyone,

i"m back,Had a babyboy, Normal delivery Thank God,
Well things are not as they seem here, Apparently the 8k quote i got was for mother alone, baby's bill is not inclusive,
the charges was supposedto be 4k per night for 2 nights, and baby is 2.2k for 2nights also.

i had the baby very early on tuesday morning did not take any medcation for pain and spent just one night, by the next morning, i was fine.
the Dr assigned to me was a Nigerian Woman, i asked her if i could be discharged since i was fine and baby also, so i could save the cost for the second night. she advised that since i dnt have any complication i could sign a consent form that wanted to be discharged which i did for myself. I was told baby had to stay at the hospital for at least 48 hrs to test for jaundice. baby spent the night the hosp.

Hoping all of this will help reduce the bill, i found out from patient account that as at the morning of discharge for baby. which was after 2nights, mother's bill was $4,950 and baby bill was about 10k.(this i will still argueout)
Baby had no complication ooooo, Baby was being breastfed by me all through the night as i spent the night in the lobby to ensure that i was there to feed him.

I met another nurse, a nigerian, In fact she was the midwife that delivered me, i got her phone number and gave her a call, she advised that i wait till i get the final bill and then come back to the hosp with the amount i intend to pay in cash, that most hosp wont refuse cash settlement instead of insurance or medicaid.

I'll keep y'all posted, as i'm expecting the final before the end of next week,

For now i'm just trying to rest and bond with new born.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tobiojo2002: 12:09am On Aug 24, 2013
hardeymijuh: @ tobiojo2002

Good to know you are settled in the US, wish you safe deivery IJN.

how was your trip an your experience at thepoint of entry? Any immigrations issue...anything to learn from

i did not have issuesat POE i was 37 wks i had a really huge tummy , which i disguised by buying a very large size bra and padding this up, this made me look really busty and i wore a free flowing regular top.i looked like i was jusy 24 wks after all the disguise grin

The immigration officer asked if i was preg , i said yes and that was all, but go with enough cash , cos i guess he dnt make any issue out of the preg cos of the cash i decleared i had.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bamakoe(f): 4:53am On Aug 24, 2013
tobiojo2002:

i did not have issuesat POE i was 37 wks i had a really huge tummy , which i disguised by buying a very large size bra and padding this up, this made me look really busty and i wore a free flowing regular top.i looked like i was jusy 24 wks after all the disguise grin

The immigration officer asked if i was preg , i said yes and that was all, but go with enough cash , cos i guess he dnt make any issue out of the preg cos of the cash i decleared i had.
Congrats . Thank God for the safe delivery!
Just to be sure how and where did you declare the cash you had?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymiju: 12:36pm On Aug 24, 2013
tobiojo2002:

@Tobiojo2002,

Thank God for safe delivery. God will continue to keep you and the baby.

@ All that have been anxious to ask tobiojo2002 questions (Adeeva n co.), she's BACK n BETTER.....I told ya to b all patient.... cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 1:24pm On Aug 24, 2013
@Tobiojo..congrats on your new baby

@all who has given birth in Houston, Texas before? i need suggestions on hospital and the associated cost. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tobiojo2002: 3:24pm On Aug 24, 2013
bamakoe:
Congrats . Thank God for the safe delivery!
Just to be sure how and where did you declare the cash you had?

I filled out a form in the plane, and decleared what i had,the immigration officer also asked me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bamakoe(f): 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2013
tobiojo2002:

I filled out a form in the plane, and decleared what i had,the immigration officer also asked me.

Ok I see. Thanks. I though it's only whhen one have more than $10k that you have to declare in that form. So I can just put any amount I have right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bridgie: 3:41pm On Aug 24, 2013
starafricababy:

Hi everyone, This is one awesome forum wt awesome people. Bin reading the messagees, i feel mor comfortable with el paso becus no one seems to v hd a negative xperience with dem n dey r indeed very responsive. Also the hospital has very good ratings. The only challenge is, i dont v family der n wud b travellin alone. Anyone in same shoes? Is it advisable to go have a baby n rtn to naija all by urself?
@ starafricababy, i sud b in el paso at abt same tym if i finally settle for dem. Sent u a message on nairaland, kindly respond.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adeeva: 4:14pm On Aug 24, 2013
@ tobilojo
Congrats On ur safe delivery pls can we ve the name of the hospital in newyork
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 9:16pm On Aug 25, 2013
Happy Sunday....

This trend is a bit quiet....where's everyone?

Have a lovely week...and good luck to all traveling soon
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by chenillerydes: 11:40pm On Aug 25, 2013
Hello, seen some very exciting post.....pls mi due date is Dec.and i will love to have ma baby in us Houston or California to be precise, pls need info on hospital as well as cost, best airline Frm naija to d location.....tanx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by utcheylee: 11:05am On Aug 26, 2013
good morning all, please am still waiting for someone to tell me about the details on how to go about with family visa processing and other info plsss.
God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mousepad: 2:12pm On Aug 26, 2013
tobiojo2002:

@Tobi: congrats o your baby! Thank God for safe delivery!! Please how much did you show? I'm thinking of $8,500 cash and then tell them I have my bank cards too, is that sufficient? Please get back to me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by walmart: 3:46pm On Aug 26, 2013
quote author=uchetobi]@Tobiojo..congrats on your new baby

@all who has given birth in Houston, Texas before? i need suggestions on hospital and the associated cost. thanks[/quote]

@uchetobi A friend said she paid about $1200 for anesthesiology, $2500 for physician and $3000 for hospital bill at West Houston medical Centre. There are also test charges. I gave them a call in June and asked about the price and they said its what is on the website, You can check <http://westhoustonmedical.com/patient-financial/index.dot?page_name=pricing>
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aldehyde: 4:09pm On Aug 26, 2013
@starafricababy, do you know anyone in el paso or where are you staying there? I'm thinking of using the same facility but my baby is due in December so i'll be travellling in November.
starafricababy:

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.