Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1378863 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 7:42pm On Aug 26, 2013
walmart: quote author=uchetobi]@Tobiojo..congrats on your new baby

@all who has given birth in Houston, Texas before? i need suggestions on hospital and the associated cost. thanks

@uchetobi A friend said she paid about $1200 for anesthesiology, $2500 for physician and $3000 for hospital bill at West Houston medical Centre. There are also test charges. I gave them a call in June and asked about the price and they said its what is on the website, You can check <http://westhoustonmedical.com/patient-financial/index.dot?page_name=pricing>
[color=#006600][/color]

That is about N1.1m thabks a lot will check it out. any other suggestions pls?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by walmart: 8:44pm On Aug 26, 2013
uchetobi:

That is about N1.1m thabks a lot will check it out. any other suggestions pls?

The $1200 anesthesiology is if you are doing CS or epidural. My friend had a CS
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by imadebaby: 8:59am On Aug 27, 2013
utcheylee: good morning all, please am still waiting for someone to tell me about the details on how to go about with family visa processing and other info plsss.
God bless.

https://www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa/1

use dis link
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 10:44am On Aug 27, 2013
walmart:

The $1200 anesthesiology is if you are doing CS or epidural. My friend had a CS

ok thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Rexwoods: 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2013
Hello everyone. Baptist medical center in saint Louis , Missouri charges $1,500 for a 24hr stay after delivery, 2,100 for 48hrs.... Epidural $800 and you can get a doctor for $2,450, the doctor will refund $900 after delivery, pediatrics is &210. My friend had her baby in this hospital , total was about $4,060. I plan to go there too. I called the hospital and they confirmed the price for the hospital stay so long has you pay 30 days to your EDD. +13149965000.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by starafricababy: 10:54am On Aug 28, 2013
aldehyde: @starafricababy, do you know anyone in el paso or where are you staying there? I'm thinking of using the same facility but my baby is due in December so i'll be travellling in November.

Hello dear, I do not know anyone in El Paso but the reviews are best and I will be staying in a hotel mentioned on this thread, its still much cheaper. The place is called Intown Suites and it is mentioned in their website. Low rates and close distance to hospital.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bamakoe(f): 11:00am On Aug 28, 2013
starafricababy:

Hello dear, I do not know anyone in El Paso but the reviews are best and I will be staying in a hotel mentioned on this thread, its still much cheaper. The place is called Intown Suites and it is mentioned in their website. Low rates and close distance to hospital.
I have sent you a PM on nairaland. Respond to it , check your email

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adeeva: 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2013
@tobiojo
Still await info from you,
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dentale(m): 3:36pm On Aug 28, 2013
@Tobiojo, Congratulations! How're you and your baby? I hope you are eventually able to negotiate a good discount on your bill.

@aldehyde, Starafricababy and Bamakoe, I wish you all a stress-free trip and safe delivery. I'll be waiting for how it goes. I'm not due until next year and I'm still looking for a hospital in Atlanta or Chicago where I have more family and friends though I won't be staying with them, just for moral support. Initially I was thinking Atlanta but now I have added Chicago... I know grin.

Does anyone here know about all inclusive self-pay rates for hospitals in Chicago and Atlanta? Names of hospitals? Website?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 9:01pm On Aug 28, 2013
Hello everyone,sure everybody is doing great? Please can anyone throw some light on the "letter of consent " for mothers requesting American passport after delivery and the father of the baby is not in town. I understand only a notary done by an American institution is recognized,while someone once mentioned a notary from Nigeria is accepted ? Any mother in the house with a good explanation please.?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsBee1: 5:17am On Aug 29, 2013
Babababy: Hello everyone,sure everybody is doing great? Please can anyone throw some light on the "letter of consent " for mothers requesting American passport after delivery and the father of the baby is not in town. I understand only a notary done by an American institution is recognized,while someone once mentioned a notary from Nigeria is accepted ? Any mother in the house with a good explanation please.?

If d father of your child will not be joining you before or after the baby is born; then you may need to have his Parental Consent Form filled out, signed and notarized by a lawyer in order to process your baby's US passport.

For perspective, when applying for a US passport for a minor below 16years, both parents and the child need to be present to submit the application. However, if one parent cannot be present, then he/she would need to fill a Parental Consent form which will need to be notarized by a lawyer.

Scanned copies of this form are not accepted; only the original copy with the notary seal will be accepted. You therefore have 2 options- it's either you wait till the baby is born; and this form is filled by your husband, notarized and original copy sent to you via courier OR you fill in the key details +notarization before your trip and travel with the original copy thus saving you the courier costs.

If you decide to fill the form prior to your trip, click here to download the form. While filling the form, do note the following:
Fill in baby's name (if agreed) but do not fill the birth date yet; as this can only be filled after the baby is born.
The form needs to be signed by the father of your child and his signature notarized by a lawyer. Both father and lawyer should not date their signatures. Once the baby is born, you can date their signatures with a date like 5-7days after the baby's birth date.
The ID details to be filled by the father in this form should be his international passport details. You will also need a coloured photocopy of his passport page as you travel.
Hope dis helps. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 6:54am On Aug 29, 2013
Mrs Bee:

If d father of your child will not be joining you before or after the baby is born; then you may need to have his Parental Consent Form filled out, signed and notarized by a lawyer in order to process your baby's US passport.

For perspective, when applying for a US passport for a minor below 16years, both parents and the child need to be present to submit the application. However, if one parent cannot be present, then he/she would need to fill a Parental Consent form which will need to be notarized by a lawyer.

Scanned copies of this form are not accepted; only the original copy with the notary seal will be accepted. You therefore have 2 options- it's either you wait till the baby is born; and this form is filled by your husband, notarized and original copy sent to you via courier OR you fill in the key details +notarization before your trip and travel with the original copy thus saving you the courier costs.

If you decide to fill the form prior to your trip, click here to download the form. While filling the form, do note the following:
Fill in baby's name (if agreed) but do not fill the birth date yet; as this can only be filled after the baby is born.
The form needs to be signed by the father of your child and his signature notarized by a lawyer. Both father and lawyer should not date their signatures. Once the baby is born, you can date their signatures with a date like 5-7days after the baby's birth date.
The ID details to be filled by the father in this form should be his international passport details. You will also need a coloured photocopy of his passport page as you travel.
Hope dis helps. Cheers

Thanks for the heads up Mrs bee!! Much appreciated. I understand the notary can not be three months old when the baby is born, meaning by the time baby arrives and application is filed ,the notary should not be older than three moths ? I was reading an article about the notary " it said only notary done in America or by any American embassy in foreign territory is acceptable? Is that a fact of fiction.?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fabulousmom: 12:17pm On Aug 29, 2013
Babababy:

Thanks for the heads up Mrs bee!! Much appreciated. I understand the notary can not be three months old when the baby is born, meaning by the time baby arrives and application is filed ,the notary should not be older than three moths ? I was reading an article about the notary " it said only notary done in America or by any American embassy in foreign territory is acceptable? Is that a fact of fiction.?

@babababy,

Yes, the notary must be as recent as possible, that's why Mrs Bee said that if you'll notarize the statement of consent before your wife leaves nigeria, you and the notary public shouldn't include any date on the statement of consent. Let your wife be the one to write dates on it for you and the notary public, after the birth of your child.

To answer your second question, the statement of consent can definitely be notarized in Nigeria. My husband printed it out in nigeria, notarized it in nigeria (abeokuta for that matter) and sent it to me by courier. So you could either do it that way after the baby is born, or before your wife leaves. Whichever way you choose is fine, so far you do not make the mistake of filling dates that will cause the rejection of the statement of consent by the passport agency.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 12:25pm On Aug 29, 2013
Thanks Mrs bee & Fabulousmum for the clarification.

@Fabulousmum,
Been a while we heard from you on this trend. Wecome back....Hope you are good?

@Mrs Bee,
Hope you re better and discharged now? It is well with you and the baby.
The baby will coordinate and port accordingly at its time....Amen

@All
Anyone planning to travel around Nov/Dec...Let's know where you are going, plans arrangement, accomodation, flights etc...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fabulousmom: 3:20pm On Aug 29, 2013
hardeymijuh: Thanks Mrs bee & Fabulousmum for the clarification.

@Fabulousmum,

@Mrs Bee,

@All
Anyone planning to travel around Nov/Dec...Let's know where you are going, plans arrangement, accomodation, flights etc...

@hardeymijuh,

I just decided to lay low till the heat of the previous incident died down. It's good to be back too. How have you been too?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bamakoe(f): 4:06pm On Aug 29, 2013
hardeymijuh: Thanks Mrs bee & Fabulousmum for the clarification.

@Fabulousmum,

@Mrs Bee,

@All

The great fabulous mum welcome o. You r always welcome

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 5:20pm On Aug 29, 2013
fabulousmom:

@babababy,

Yes, the notary must be as recent as possible, that's why Mrs Bee said that if you'll notarize the statement of consent before your wife leaves nigeria, you and the notary public shouldn't include any date on the statement of consent. Let your wife be the one to write dates on it for you and the notary public, after the birth of your child.

To answer your second question, the statement of consent can definitely be notarized in Nigeria. My husband printed it out in nigeria, notarized it in nigeria (abeokuta for that matter) and sent it to me by courier. So you could either do it that way after the baby is born, or before your wife leaves. Whichever way you choose is fine, so far you do not make the mistake of filling dates that will cause the rejection of the statement of consent by the passport agency.

Merci!! I believe the ambiguity is resolved. Just needed to be sure the notary can be done by a Nigerian notary,Merci again
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by forevermine: 6:38pm On Aug 29, 2013
Hi everyone. Pls does anyone have any recent experiences at MIHS Phoenix?(Like within the past few months). I need to confirm some information I got. Will appreciate a response.thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 6:54pm On Aug 29, 2013
fabulousmom:

@hardeymijuh,

I just decided to lay low till the heat of the previous incident died down. It's good to be back too. How have you been too?

@ Fabulousmum,
I am very good. Apologies about that incident, anyway we have missed your useful contributions and we hope you will frequently visit this page and provide advice like you used to.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 6:58pm On Aug 29, 2013
forevermine: Hi everyone. Pls does anyone have any recent experiences at MIHS Phoenix?(Like within the past few months). I need to confirm some information I got. Will appreciate a response.thanks.

@forevermine,
Any contradictory information compared to what has been shared on this trend? Would appreciate if you can share that with the house...mayb you can get more advice and update......Thanx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by forevermine: 10:40pm On Aug 29, 2013
Oh nothing of the sort but I was just briefing my sister who lives in Maryland about the MIHS pricing and the whole thingy but she says I should be doubly sure before I commit myself cos she's heard most of these hospitals/centres that appear cheap/affordable are sort of like boarding houses- those were her exact words. Where pts r crumped up and all. Of course I'd have loved to give birth in MD where she is bt I'm tryna save costs, as the price ranges she's told me are over the top( she had a baby in august last year n her bill ws close to 15grand). So js wanted a reconfirmation/new update on MIHS pricing/bill, as in is it all-encompassing,are u allowed to bring ur tests frm naija/will they be accepted? Etc...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsBee1: 7:56pm On Aug 30, 2013
forevermine: Oh nothing of the sort but I was just briefing my sister who lives in Maryland about the MIHS pricing and the whole thingy but she says I should be doubly sure before I commit myself cos she's heard most of these hospitals/centres that appear cheap/affordable are sort of like boarding houses- those were her exact words. Where pts r crumped up and all. Of course I'd have loved to give birth in MD where she is bt I'm tryna save costs, as the price ranges she's told me are over the top( she had a baby in august last year n her bill ws close to 15grand). So js wanted a reconfirmation/new update on MIHS pricing/bill, as in is it all-encompassing,are u allowed to bring ur tests frm naija/will they be accepted? Etc...
MIHS is as it is. If you have any doubt visit their website and call thiem directly. Vivian just had anoda baby there April 2013. And their pricing is the same.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 8:10pm On Aug 30, 2013
Mrs Bee:
MIHS is as it is. If you have any doubt visit their website and call thiem directly. Vivian just had anoda baby there April 2013. And their pricing is the same.

Mrs Bee, Hope you are good....Finalised your plans on leavng? Flight confirmed?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsBee1: 8:15pm On Aug 30, 2013
hardeymijuh:

Mrs Bee, Hope you are good....Finalised your plans on leavng? Flight confirmed?
Am aii waiting to leave on Monday night. Getting rounder like a big ballon everyday lol.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 9:09pm On Aug 30, 2013
@ Mrs Bee, good to know you are good and leaving soon.

Safe Trip and we trust you will always be in touch...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bridgie: 12:54am On Aug 31, 2013
tobiojo2002:

i did not have issuesat POE i was 37 wks i had a really huge tummy , which i disguised by buying a very large size bra and padding this up, this made me look really busty and i wore a free flowing regular top.i looked like i was jusy 24 wks after all the disguise grin

The immigration officer asked if i was preg , i said yes and that was all, but go with enough cash , cos i guess he dnt make any issue out of the preg cos of the cash i decleared i had.

@tobiojo2002, pls wer was ur POE, newyork, atl or wer?
@ all, for those plannin to go by delta, i hear dt imigration officers at atlanta r quite strict and evn houston. Infct someone said dey stamped her frend's passport wit 2wks at atlanta n she rtnd wtout havin the baby. Please anyone with useful info regarding ease of entry into US should pls post.
I
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by 2good(m): 8:07am On Aug 31, 2013
bridgie:

@tobiojo2002, pls wer was ur POE, newyork, atl or wer?
@ all, for those plannin to go by delta, i hear dt imigration officers at atlanta r quite strict and evn houston. Infct someone said dey stamped her frend's passport wit 2wks at atlanta n she rtnd wtout havin the baby. Please anyone with useful info regarding ease of entry into US should pls post.
I

I went in with my wife through Atlanta when she was already 31 weeks(she gave birth at 35 weeks) and we did not have any problem. I left the US after 10 days and traveled back to the US about 4 weeks after leaving through the same Atlanta after my wife gave birth and they did not bother to ask me why I am coming back so early after leaving just 1 month ago. Also they stamped my passport for 6 months on both occassion. If you are a frequent traveller, you will not have any problem but if you have a fresh passport, they might put you through some scrutiny.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymiju: 12:40am On Sep 01, 2013
[size=14pt]Happy New Month Everyone...Welcome to September[/size]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mousepad: 8:16am On Sep 02, 2013
Hi Fam,

I'm considering using a birth centre oo! Got two in Dallas (at Grand Praire and Garland) i'm trvling on Friday by God's grace and I'll be 34wks by then. The prices I got from the two birth centres are $3,900 and $3,200 respectively (cos i'm coming late) which covers both use of birth centre and services of the midwives. But note that they will not accept anyone considered high risk i.e complications in pregnancy. I had to send them my medical records from my first antenatal visit to date and they both accepted me after reviewing my records. I'll keep u guys posted when I get to the states. Please pray for God's favour at POE oo! I'm thinkin of hvin $8k cash + my bank cards, I also have a letter from the birth centre and another letter from a doctor. I'm using the doctor's own to cross over since the fees are more and these guys want pple who will spend in their country smiley but once I enter I'll jejely cancel the doctor's appt and head to my midwives. By the way I had my first baby in the UK and was attended to by midwives at the hospital so I'm very familiar with their practice. Cheers all!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nikkygal(f): 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2013
Rexwoods: Hello everyone. Baptist medical center in saint Louis , Missouri charges $1,500 for a 24hr stay after delivery, 2,100 for 48hrs.... Epidural $800 and you can get a doctor for $2,450, the doctor will refund $900 after delivery, pediatrics is &210. My friend had her baby in this hospital , total was about $4,060. I plan to go there too. I called the hospital and they confirmed the price for the hospital stay so long has you pay 30 days to your EDD. +13149965000.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Khity: 1:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hi please any address where can I stay in El Paso caz I don't know any body there. And any idea how long takes to have a passport for the baby. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsBee1: 1:09pm On Sep 02, 2013
Mousepad: Hi Fam,

I'm considering using a birth centre oo! Got two in Dallas (at Grand Praire and Garland) i'm trvling on Friday by God's grace and I'll be 34wks by then. The prices I got from the two birth centres are $3,900 and $3,200 respectively (cos i'm coming late) which covers both use of birth centre and services of the midwives. But note that they will not accept anyone considered high risk i.e complications in pregnancy. I had to send them my medical records from my first antenatal visit to date and they both accepted me after reviewing my records. I'll keep u guys posted when I get to the states. Please pray for God's favour at POE oo! I'm thinkin of hvin $8k cash + my bank cards, I also have a letter from the birth centre and another letter from a doctor. I'm using the doctor's own to cross over since the fees are more and these guys want pple who will spend in their country smiley but once I enter I'll jejely cancel the doctor's appt and head to my midwives. By the way I had my first baby in the UK and was attended to by midwives at the hospital so I'm very familiar with their practice. Cheers all!
Nice. Wish u all the best. For 1st timers like us they dnt always advice we use birthing centers as we lack experience and anytin can happen. You have got the experience so am sure u knw as the whole thing goes. Wish u d very best. Good news and miraculous testimonies sha be our 2 all expecting mum. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.