Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1378979 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Saved2Serve: 3:23pm On Nov 19, 2014
LATTEST UPDATES FROM US EMBASSY: I got this mail today:

Dear Applicant,

Note that effective December 1, 2014, applicants that do not have the correct DS-160 number on their application form will be turned back at the Embassy. Such applicants will have to reschedule their appointments at their own expense.

Applicants are thereby advised to verify that their DS-160 form is ACCURATELY filled out BEFORE submitting and scheduling an appointment.

Applicants that have already scheduled their appointments with the wrong DS-160 number are advised to cancel their existing appointments, fill out a new DS-160 form and rescheduling using the correct DS-160 number.

Thanks
Help Desk

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nomanicole(f): 3:55pm On Nov 19, 2014
Its now my turn to share with d house, after discovering this beautiful thread with adequate info..i read from page one till the end, 2 diff times with my hormones, lol...today i had my interview in Abuja (9:30am) with my mum and husband and it went like this....
VO: Good morning
Me and hubby: Good morning
My mum: Good afternoon, lol (t'was past 12 pm)
V: so you wanna go to the US forrrr?( Waiting for response)
Hubby: we want to go have our baby
VO: point of correction, your wife is having the baby not you, thats the way it works okay? Smiling
Hubby et me: laughs
VO: can I see correspondence with a doctor
hubby: opens envelope and was trying to bring out all mails and chats and appointment with doc.when d envelope wasn't cooperating the VO then asked for the whole envelope.
VO: can I have everything?
Hubby: Of course..hands the entire envelope wit my darling phema's burden of proof's carbon copy
VO goes through everything page by page, statement of accounts, mind you, my resignation letter was also attached as I just left my place of work. He asked about that and enquired to know how long I worked with them and why I left, before I answered, the VO answered for me, saying..you dint really like the job, did you ?..so I laughed and said I just had 2 put up with it and when I couldn't handle it any more..I left. ( we both laughed)
He did some calculations while still staring, i think we stood there for like 20 mins..felt like days though!
Then he asked to explain some money in my acct that came in and went out last month.. I explained and was about to bring out proof just so he knows it wasn't a loan or anything. He said nahh its ok..I just wanted to make sure you could explain it. And he passed all our papers and at that point I closed my eyes...only to hear
VO: your visa has been approved, pick up on Friday .......
wow! I ran to weewee and danced small in d ladies. Came out to meet my hubby and mum that were waiting for me with wide smiles.
I thank God for his mercies, he is ever faithful.
Information is key...it really pays to be honest.

19 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zayt: 4:18pm On Nov 19, 2014
baslone:

You don go far sef....

I am still struggling to complete their pre-registration Form online.

It seems the form is actually built for US residents only.

1- SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER- Would have skipped it but it is a compulsory field to be filled.
2- HOME PHONE- Space allocated in the field for this does not fit for international number.
3- DATE OF BIRTH- it keeps indicating this message- . "INVALID DATE OF BIRTH". I called the contact number on the website yesterday and I was told to change my browser from Safari to another but I still get same alert on Firefox and Chrome.

The thing tiya me.

With all this issues, I don't seem to figure out anyway to proceed. I don send email to them- if nothing sensible, off to Chicago be that!!

@baslone, for SSN just type in 111111111. Then d home phone numb if you have someone living in the states, you can use theirs. Otherwise call them and tell them you're finding it difficult. And that if someone (a hospital staff) can help you. They will ask you to send your passport details and the address you will be staying in the U.S and they will do it for you. But make sure you follow up.
Hope this helps.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zayt: 4:25pm On Nov 19, 2014
AyaSho:

Get in touch with MrsDan. She is right there in georgia and using the hospital.
She can be of help.

@ shawbabe, try metro extended stay. Its in lawrenceville.
I'm at crestwood suites (snellville) which is about 20mins from the hospital.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 5:03pm On Nov 19, 2014
zayt:

@ shawbabe, try metro extended stay. Its in lawrenceville.
I'm at crestwood suites (snellville) which is about 20mins from the hospital.

How much is where u stay?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by isysleek: 5:40pm On Nov 19, 2014
Hi, please which branch of UBA did she get it? I contacted headoffice and they said no. Please let me know.

pattyreal:

Pls UBA still do. Ma sis inlaw got hers yestrday cos she's travelling nxt week. So mine will wait.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Olhar: 6:22pm On Nov 19, 2014
Shawbabe:
Nobody wan answer me for accommodation close to Gwinnett, for Georgia. sad Una no want make I give birth in yankee eh? My American baby sad

Am currently at metro extended stay, lawrenceville its not that bad u can check them online and book them depending on what room and how many occupants….i took a large studio with 2 double beds cos and the total was 846 for the first months including, deposits and tax…..but a smaller room will be cheaper….i have asked them for my bill next month and its slightly cheaper am paying 780 or so……so if its just you, it will be cheaper….they do monthly rates but not online so whatever estimate u get onine will be cheaper when u get here if you take advantage of their monthly rates…….its like 5 minutes to the hospital and a walkable distance to walmart for your grocery shopping…..am hear till janaury hopefully so you can send me pm and i just update you more and its 7 dollars to the hospital if its just you and additional 2 dollars per passenger or so……
hope it helps
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by blessedbeu1: 6:35pm On Nov 19, 2014
Hi everyone,
Pls I need reasonably priced accommodation short term in maryland, so I can get d print out of booking[color=#000099][/color] n show dm at the Port of Entry when they ask where am staying.
Any suggestions will be really appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 7:17pm On Nov 19, 2014
isysleek:
Hi, please which branch of UBA did she get it? I contacted headoffice and they said no. Please let me know.

Ahhh if u called headoffice & dey said no. Na him b say dem just stop am. Cos she applied since last week @ festac branch & she was given. Mayb cos of d increase in dollar! Wow dis is serz ooo. Bt it's just on mon I went there na! I'll advise u go urself dan calln.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zayt: 7:42pm On Nov 19, 2014
Shawbabe:

How much is where u stay?

51 dollars a day
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 7:45pm On Nov 19, 2014
Olhar:

Am currently at metro extended stay, lawrenceville its not that bad u can check them online and book them depending on what room and how many occupants….i took a large studio with 2 double beds cos and the total was 846 for the first months including, deposits and tax…..but a smaller room will be cheaper….i have asked them for my bill next month and its slightly cheaper am paying 780 or so……so if its just you, it will be cheaper….they do monthly rates but not online so whatever estimate u get onine will be cheaper when u get here if you take advantage of their monthly rates…….its like 5 minutes to the hospital and a walkable distance to walmart for your grocery shopping…..am hear till janaury hopefully so you can send me pm and i just update you more and its 7 dollars to the hospital if its just you and additional 2 dollars per passenger or so……
hope it helps
thanks so much!!! kiss

Can u pls give me their number? I'm coming in Jan...mid January with mum so I might need what u have. Also is there internet? I want something close to the hospital. Don't want stress lol.

And I dunno how the pm works on here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by upgradedmom: 8:04pm On Nov 19, 2014
isysleek:
I don't know about UBA, but I know Stanbic IBTC sells at some of their branches on the island (Walter Carrington, Idejo and Awolowo Road Ikoyi I guess). You can try them out too.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AyaSho(f): 8:10pm On Nov 19, 2014
For our information.
Got this from Dr Oduro, for those doing Cs operation
Dr's bill including anaesthesia, 1 prenatal visit including 1 scan is 5150k dollars and hospital fee Gwinnett Medical hospital is between 10k to 12k dollars plus 40percent discount.
I would appreciate if anyone can help with something cheaper within Atlanta, Georgia.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babe16: 8:15pm On Nov 19, 2014
Good evening everyone. Please anyone wit affordable hospitals and OB/GYN in Dallas. It's urgent. A friend of mine needs one pls. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 8:30pm On Nov 19, 2014
zayt:

51 dollars a day

Just checked out crestwood, looks nice. What of Extended stay America? That looks nicer too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 8:32pm On Nov 19, 2014
AyaSho:
For our information.
Got this from Dr Oduro, for those doing Cs operation
Dr's bill including anaesthesia, 1 prenatal visit including 1 scan is 5150k dollars and hospital fee Gwinnett Medical hospital is between 10k to 12k dollars plus 40percent discount.
I would appreciate if anyone can help with something cheaper within Atlanta, Georgia.

Why Dr. Oduro? They are other cheaper Drs attached to the hospital.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bmay: 8:34pm On Nov 19, 2014
Shawbabe:

Hello bmay,

How much will ur friend in Lawrenceville charge? And what sort of accommodation? I also have accommodation in cobb county but mehn it's far. In case of emergency labour things, can't be doing 1hr with contractions lol.

Due around same time as u.

She's got a 5bedroom house with a basement. Will av tto confirm what her charges are and get back to you. Stay in cobb county nau and you can move closer to the hospital when the time is near...that's what I intend to do. I kind of think I know you oooo...lol. let me know what you decide sha...I need company on that long flight!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babe16: 8:38pm On Nov 19, 2014
Pls help a friend with hospitals in Dallas and OB/GYN.Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babatwi: 8:39pm On Nov 19, 2014
Saved2Serve:
Lofts @10 apartments. it is 2mins drive to mihs

@ saved2serve. I called Loft @ 10 apartment and was told that they are fully booked. My concern is that i need an apartment that iis close to MIHS and in the range of below $700/month that you wont need a US id card and SSN to book. Pls anyone with usefull info should help ( the catch there is WITHOUT US ID CARD AND SSN TO BOOK)
Abeg una help me o, i don dey despirate o

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AngelicBola83(f): 8:41pm On Nov 19, 2014
Let your friend help herself. Use google. So much as being said about hospitals in Dallas on this thread. Someone mentioned JPS abbl.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AyaSho(f): 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2014
Shawbabe:

Why Dr. Oduro? They are other cheaper Drs attached to the hospital.
Aside Dr Oduro, the hospital bill it's self is high
Can you help out.
I have a family friend in Georgia who wants me to stay with them.
They are so concerned about helping me with the baby after the operation. My budget is 7k

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2014
bmay:

She's got a 5bedroom house with a basement. Will av tto confirm what her charges are and get back to you. Stay in cobb county nau and you can move closer to the hospital when the time is near...that's what I intend to do. I kind of think I know you oooo...lol. let me know what you decide sha...I need company on that long flight!

Haaha are you sure? I'm leaving mid Jan sha.

I could stay in cobb but all the moving around. Dunno if I want to be doing that with my mum. Pls let me know what ur friend says for charges. Thanks so much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 9:02pm On Nov 19, 2014
AyaSho:
Aside Dr Oduro, the hospital bill it's self is high
Can you help out.
I have a family friend in Georgia who wants me to stay with them.
They are so concerned about helping me with the baby after the operation. My budget is 7k

Gwinnett is truly the cheapest in Georgia I found. But u get 40% off that 10k
And if u use another Ob/gyn it's 1800. So just under 8k u will pay in total. Ask the hospital for discounts that u paying in full cash! They can reduce.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babatwi: 9:06pm On Nov 19, 2014
Pls i am travelling in mid Dec and i intend to use MIHS Phoenix. I tried booking an appiontment with them via email,but they said i could only book an appointment tru phone, if i do this i wont have any corespondence to show the POE officer if they demand for doctors appointment evidence at POE
Pls members what is youradvice o!
Abeg una answer me o,i take God beg una o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AyaSho(f): 9:15pm On Nov 19, 2014
Shawbabe:

Gwinnett is truly the cheapest in Georgia I found. But u get 40% off that 10k
And if u use another Ob/gyn it's 1800. So just under 8k u will pay in total. Ask the hospital for discounts that u paying in full cash! They can reduce.
I doubt it, anaesthesia bill is not inclusive in d 8k.
If you can link me with a doctor, I will be glad.
I have sent you a pm.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kykes: 9:22pm On Nov 19, 2014
raii:
@blogerina, I dey o. Been reading from the sidelines and chilling for my interview.

With the rising rate of the dollar I am beginning to be afraid o. Who knows any bank that is selling PTA cos most banks aint selling.

Fidelity is selling @ 175
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by feddy27: 9:24pm On Nov 19, 2014
nomanicole:
Its now my turn to share with d house, after discovering this beautiful thread with adequate info..i read from page one till the end, 2 diff times with my hormones, lol...today i had my interview in Abuja (9:30am) with my mum and husband and it went like this....
VO: Good morning
Me and hubby: Good morning
My mum: Good afternoon, lol (t'was past 12 pm)
V: so you wanna go to the US forrrr?( Waiting for response)
Hubby: we want to go have our baby
VO: point of correction, your wife is having the baby not you, thats the way it works okay? Smiling
Hubby et me: laughs
VO: can I see correspondence with a doctor
hubby: opens envelope and was trying to bring out all mails and chats and appointment with doc.when d envelope wasn't cooperating the VO then asked for the whole envelope.
VO: can I have everything?
Hubby: Of course..hands the entire envelope wit my darling phema's burden of proof's carbon copy
VO goes through everything page by page, statement of accounts, mind you, my resignation letter was also attached as I just left my place of work. He asked about that and enquired to know how long I worked with them and why I left, before I answered, the VO answered for me, saying..you dint really like the job, did you ?..so I laughed and said I just had 2 put up with it and when I couldn't handle it any more..I left. ( we both laughed)
He did some calculations while still staring, i think we stood there for like 20 mins..felt like days though!
Then he asked to explain some money in my acct that came in and went out last month.. I explained and was about to bring out proof just so he knows it wasn't a loan or anything. He said nahh its ok..I just wanted to make sure you could explain it. And he passed all our papers and at that point I closed my eyes...only to hear
VO: your visa has been approved, pick up on Friday .......
wow! I ran to weewee and danced small in d ladies. Came out to meet my hubby and mum that were waiting for me with wide smiles.
I thank God for his mercies, he is ever faithful.
Information is key...it really pays to be honest.

Congrats dearie!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by baslone: 9:28pm On Nov 19, 2014
zayt:

@baslone, for SSN just type in 111111111. Then d home phone numb if you have someone living in the states, you can use theirs. Otherwise call them and tell them you're finding it difficult. And that if someone (a hospital staff) can help you. They will ask you to send your passport details and the address you will be staying in the U.S and they will do it for you. But make sure you follow up.
Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot. Will give it a trial in morning and get back to you.

AyaSho:

I doubt it, anaesthesia bill is not inclusive in d 8k.
If you can link me with a doctor, I will be glad.
I have sent you a pm.

Dr Soyoola charged $2,849.00 plus a discount.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 9:28pm On Nov 19, 2014
kykes:

Fidelity is selling @ 168

R u serz! Wow gud deal
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 9:34pm On Nov 19, 2014
Babatwi:
Pls i am travelling in mid Dec and i intend to use MIHS Phoenix. I tried booking an appiontment with them via email,but they said i could only book an appointment tru phone, if i do this i wont have any corespondence to show the POE officer if they demand for doctors appointment evidence at POE
Pls members what is youradvice o!
Abeg una answer me o,i take God beg una o.

Yes u hv 2 book thru d fone. Wen u do dat ask of alba calhan she is very efficient. Request u want to get it via email cos dey will tell u dat it will b posted. Bt sincerely u go wait tire! Den print out ur agreement page on deir website as anoda burden of proof 4 poe cos deir appointment letter is very scanty believe mi. Dats wat I intend using. Bear in mind no doc will b assigned 2 u via mail until u arrive phoenix. So dn't xpect a doc correspondence. D appt is wit financial only. Pls I hope dis helps.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AyaSho(f): 9:42pm On Nov 19, 2014
baslone:

Dr Soyoola charged $2,849.00 plus a discount.
Huummm. What is his contact,
Can the hospital get to collect 5kdoll instead of 6?

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.