Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1379007 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Olhar: 6:21pm On Dec 10, 2014
dakotchic:

I stayed at milton with family. Got the ssn by mail within 2weeks of delivery(I asked the hospital to apply),US passport was ready by the 2nd working day but I asked them to mail it and I got it within a week. I also got them to mail the Nigerian passport and it arrived within 1 week. So in 2 weeks you should have all your documents. The US passport cost 165usd for expedited at the passport agency and I spent 145usd for the Nigerian one.

Please regarding the naija passport, i would like to get a break down on how u went about it at the embassy, did u use eddy, or u walked into the embassy and did it all on your one…..
thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 6:29pm On Dec 10, 2014
Airpure:
Hello All. Please has anyone used Methodist Sugarland Hospital . I need referal for a Doctor.

check IjayMama's posts...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Larondoo22: 7:01pm On Dec 10, 2014
Cecebee:
@tvegas the Guru grin

Thanks for replying. I think. Didn't see any comment though. But if u say I'm on the right path then I most probably am smiley

@yefa

Thanks a lot...have to admit I'm still trying to figure out how the thread works with replies and such.

@ Larondoo22 and @fruitfull1

It's nice to meet you both... i feel a lot better knowing I am not the only April mum here. Pls have you both gotten your appointment letters? Since you are going to elpaso, I assume you using doctores parati right? Do you plan to stay @ intown suites? I've been thinking washington DC as my POE as I have been there twice and barely had any problems. I need all the advise I can get especially as I have just now started the process and I'm overwhelmed. glad I won't be alone while in elpaso...I thank God for that.

Tots? Thanks a bunch.
yes oo,I intend to stay in intown suite because I got intouch with someone on this forum too that told me that it's close to all the major shopping malls.i intend using Atlanta as my Poe cos of the straight journey from lag.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dakotchic(f): 7:37pm On Dec 10, 2014
Olhar:

Please regarding the naija passport, i would like to get a break down on how u went about it at the embassy, did u use eddy, or u walked into the embassy and did it all on your one…..
thanks
I don't think there's a price increase just a more realistic presentation of their quotes @gwinett. I used the agent near the consulate office for the Nigerian passport and the 145usd includes his fees.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluwafunkenny: 8:10pm On Dec 10, 2014
[quote author=Larondoo22 post=28731192][/quote]
Hi, I have been tryong WMCH, but think El_Paso is the reigning thing costwise. I am an early may planning on leaving late march, please can I get El-Paso quote and their correspondence from you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mestar: 8:19pm On Dec 10, 2014
MamaTobenna:
. Thanks. Like how much per hour pls so I can plan towards it

I can't remember exactly how much but it was a ill more than a hundred dollars for a double cube for a 5hr stay. You could check them out online.
Cheers!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 8:33pm On Dec 10, 2014
dakotchic:
I don't think there's a price increase just a more realistic presentation of their quotes @gwinett. I used the agent near the consulate office for the Nigerian passport and the 145usd includes his fees.

How did u go about booking appointment with gwinnett before u arrived there? Or u just showed up and registered?

And I still didn't get ur email
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heliano(f): 8:36pm On Dec 10, 2014
dakotchic:

I stayed at milton with family. Got the ssn by mail within 2weeks of delivery(I asked the hospital to apply),US passport was ready by the 2nd working day but I asked them to mail it and I got it within a week. I also got them to mail the Nigerian passport and it arrived within 1 week. So in 2 weeks you should have all your documents. The US passport cost 165usd for expedited at the passport agency and I spent 145usd for the Nigerian one.

Please correct me do you mean, you got the SSN, Birth cert, US passport and Nigeria passport within 2 weeks after delivery, pls explain. Thanx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 8:36pm On Dec 10, 2014
Mestar:

I can't remember exactly how much but it was a ill more than a hundred dollars for a double cube for a 5hr stay. You could check them out online.
Cheers!
thanks. Will do that
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by eazydune: 8:56pm On Dec 10, 2014
[]I haven't bought too. But I am most likely buying emirates. Let me know what you decide. Planning to book after Xmas

Ok, let me know if u get a gd deal on Emirates though I was only loiking at BA.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Olhar: 9:10pm On Dec 10, 2014
dakotchic:

thanks dear…..will do the same...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dakotchic(f): 9:39pm On Dec 10, 2014
Shawbabe:

How did u go about booking appointment with gwinnett before u arrived there? Or u just showed up and registered?

And I still didn't get ur email

You don't necessarily need to book an appointment. But I did because I used the opportunity to take a tour of the hospital. If you have any other questions you can ask here as a couple others gave birth there too and may have one or two more things to add otherwise you can pm me. All the best!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dakotchic(f): 11:06pm On Dec 10, 2014
Heliano:

Please correct me do you mean, you got the SSN, Birth cert, US passport and Nigeria passport within 2 weeks after delivery, pls explain. Thanx
The SSN got to my mailbox on the 10th day after delivery. And I got the US and Nigerian passport in my mail within 1 week of applying (mind you I applied on the Friday before thanksgiving and got them on Saturday morning after black friday)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Flowers: 11:22pm On Dec 10, 2014
Reporting live from Houston.

Got in through Atlanta this morning, POE was smooth. The immigration officer just asked me how many weeks are you here for? When are you due? How much cash do you have? And he stamped me in for 6 months. I was just wondering if this is the much dreaded POE. Didn't spend more than 5 minutes with him.I went to baggage to claim my bag and as I was exiting the door a CBP lady took me for secondary inspection. Those guys are not smiling and not in a hurry to check bags. The queue was long, when it got to my turn the guy asked me how much cash I had I told him over 10k. He said why and I said for child delivery, if I had consulted a doctor and then asked me to fill the declaration form. After that he sent me to a lady searching bags. She passed the bags through the xray machine and behold it went through. I was given a clearance form and they bade me farewell as I went to join my flight to Houston. Thanks to all whose advice had helped me have a successful entry.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Cecebee: 11:46pm On Dec 10, 2014
Larondoo22:
yes oo,I intend to stay in intown suite because I got intouch with someone on this forum too that told me that it's close to all the major shopping malls.i intend using Atlanta as my Poe cos of the straight journey from lag.

Hi Larondoo22, Well truth be told im kinda scared of atlanta PoE. All the stories here about atlanta though successful are mostly near misses. Atlanta seems to be as harsh as Houston. Just my opinion right now but lets see how it goes...i really dont want to be a statistic! mean while you using doctoresparati? have you gotten their letter? been trying to contact them and cant get thru. dont know what im doing wrong.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dzizz: 4:47am On Dec 11, 2014
Hi folks. Been a while I came here. Currently in Dallas and using JPS. Been good so far but u gotta ask if ur package covers every needle prick. Lol. Just waiting the arrival of my LO. Please does anyone know a Dr who does circumcision around here for a reduced rate? Pls help a sis. Temmytanny abeg your input will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hopefulme: 6:20am On Dec 11, 2014
Hello people

Please would like to know the experience of anyone who has used airfrance to atlanta.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Larondoo22: 8:26am On Dec 11, 2014
Cecebee:

Hi Larondoo22, Well truth be told im kinda scared of atlanta PoE. All the stories here about atlanta though successful are mostly near misses. Atlanta seems to be as harsh as Houston. Just my opinion right now but lets see how it goes...i really dont want to be a statistic! mean while you using doctoresparati? have you gotten their letter? been trying to contact them and cant get thru. dont know what im doing wrong.
hi @cecebee I will be using Doctoresparati.have gotten intouch with them and they have reply me,I will register with them in January.goggle for Doctoresparati on your system,it will take u to their site,there you will be able to contact them and everything you need to know about them including the bill and the accomodation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babatwi: 8:55am On Dec 11, 2014
Dzizz:
Hi folks. Been a while I came here. Currently in Dallas and using JPS. Been good so far but u gotta ask if ur package covers every needle prick. Lol. Just waiting the arrival of my LO. Please does anyone know a Dr who does circumcision around here for a reduced rate? Pls help a sis. Temmytanny abeg your input will be appreciated. Thanks

@Dzizz. Pls how did you handle the issue of "show of evidence of a us address in your name" which has to be in form of a utility bill or something similar before you can register Because someone had mentioned on this thread that she went to JPS in dallas and was asked to produce this before registration.
Pls i am seriously intrested if it was the same with you because i am dallas bound too ,will be leaving in a weeks time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babatwi: 9:09am On Dec 11, 2014
@ LittleHug
@ Drizz

Pls i need info on this JPS Dallas thing 0! Are they very strict about this proof of evidence of a us address thing?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by donbusky(m): 9:34am On Dec 11, 2014
[quote author=dakotchic post=28770901]
The SSN got to my mailbox on the 10th day after delivery. And I got the US and Nigerian passport in my mail within 1 week of applying (mind you I applied on the Friday before thanksgiving and got them on Saturday morning after black friday)[/quote

Hi @dakotchic, thanks for the info. Please I have three questions:
1. how long did it take for you to get the birth certificate?
2. I understand you cannot apply for US passport until you get the birth certificate. Was this the same in your case?
3. While filling the DS11 form, there is a section for emergency contact details and it appears the person should be based in the US. Is this compulsory, or what did you do? What if one does not have any US based contact?

Thanks,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 11, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ugoguchy(f): 10:24am On Dec 11, 2014
isysleek:
@tenic09 and seemorejoy, any update on ur visas?

God will grant you both favour.

am may too,travelling April n already have my visa..pls update me on the place n hospital u intend to use coz I haven't made any decisions yet
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 10:51am On Dec 11, 2014
Snowles:
Good people, please help a sister out if you have answers. I booked my flight a while ago with my maiden name but recently did a name change to my married name so have a new passport with a new number and a different surname. Will there be any trouble flying to the US? Thanks!
you need to contact the airline and find out cos you know it's an e passport and the old one would have been cancelled by immigration. Pls contact the airline and don't wait till d day you travel to avoid stories that touch

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 11:05am On Dec 11, 2014
Snowles:
Good people, please help a sister out if you have answers. I booked my flight a while ago with my maiden name but recently did a name change to my married name so have a new passport with a new number and a different surname. Will there be any trouble flying to the US? Thanks!

U need to contact the airline and also have the old passport with u when u travel.

My question is pls how did you go about changing the name on ur passport? I plan to change mine in June to my married name and I need to know how to do it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lindapurple: 11:09am On Dec 11, 2014
Babatwi:

@Dzizz. Pls how did you handle the issue of "show of evidence of a us address in your name" which has to be in form of a utility bill or something similar before you can register Because someone had mentioned on this thread that she went to JPS in dallas and was asked to produce this before registration.
Pls i am seriously intrested if it was the same with you because i am dallas bound too ,will be leaving in a weeks time.

Hello Dzizz, I'm interested in Babatwi's question as I plan to check out JPS and I also read that post about "show of evidence of a US address in your name"

Babatwi i'm leaving in 2 weeks. What airline are you using?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dakotchic(f): 11:14am On Dec 11, 2014
[quote author=donbusky post=28779335][/quote]
I went to the probate court to get the BC printed 5days after delivery. The BC is the only acceptable evidence of US birth or right to citizenship so one can't apply without it in this case.
I filled my US contact on that part of the form.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 11, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 11, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babatwi: 12:54pm On Dec 11, 2014
lindapurple:

Hello Dzizz, I'm interested in Babatwi's question as I plan to check out JPS and I also read that post about "show of evidence of a US address in your name"

Babatwi i'm leaving in 2 weeks. What airline are you using?

Thanks.
@Lindapurple
I am flying Emirate,with Dallas POE

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 11, 2014
malihamlagos:

I put it to you that you are a marketer for this coy,lol. With all the glowing narrative. Checked your poSts And there waS no real poe or visa interview narrative. The only transcript you had was just to pull down MIHS nothing more. Even though you fooled everyone be aware that some readers are not fooled. I can see there are real people using this hospital but I doubt you are one of them,keep up the hustle.lol

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.