Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1379044 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 15, 2014
Saved2Serve:
curgghhh!!! coughs to clear throat. It is time for me to share my own testimony. I have been following this thread for the past 8months. This is saved2serve reporting live from chelsea hotel, central district abuja. Our (me, wife and son) visa was granted this morning at exactly 8:15am (i was checking time). The interview took barely 7mins:

We were called upon, we came close and positioned (i stood at an angle to see clearly those stuffs pasted on the wall beside them which someone mentioned on this thread-- i saw the currency converter chat and one other thing).

VO: Good morning!
WE: Good morning in succession. (my 23months old son also greeted, "good moni"
VO: How are you? (directed to my son with smile).
SON: arrr fyne! and you? (my boy pointing at the VO immediately screamed "mummy see adanna" - the name he calls his unborn sister. --- he was surprised to see a whity).
VO: Am fine (smiling harder).
VO: can i have your applications and passport?
ME: sure! ( i handed in my passport and applications to her)
VO: started typing
VO: why do u want to be in US?
ME: To have our baby
VO: have you contacted any hospital and doctor?
ME: yes! ( struggling with my envelope - to hand over my budget sheet well placed on top, followed by the mihs correspondence, bank statement with reference from my bank addressed to them, mihs maternity package plus embassy reply on my inquiry to have my baby in US).
VO: Takes the documents and said wow! (looking at the budget sheet and smiles)
VO: This is neat and appealing; are you good with MS excel?
ME: yes!
VO: prepared this yourself?
Me: Yes maam!
VO: how many months are you gone madam?
Wife: XX weeks
VO: have you been to US before?
WE: we chorused "no"
VO: where do you work?
ME: xx coy
VO: what do you do there?
ME: i am responsible for Bleep
VO: how long are you staying?
ME: i will stay 5weeks and wife and son will 10weeks
VO: where will you be staying?
ME: villa at creek apartments, phoenix
VO: typing.........(leaves with my bank statement and came back after a minute)
VO: your visa is approved, come on wednesday and pick it up. wish you lovely time in US.
WE: thanks!

pattyreal thanks for your advice to book for 7:30am. To everyone making this thread a success i salute you all.

A very big congrats to you saved to Serve,interesting interview story,we also key into this favour in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TeesMom: 12:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
I am also interested
sayoberry:

grin the apartment is one room, dinning, laundry, toilet, kitchen and a balcony. and it goes for $925 per month. ill send you mail
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babatwi: 12:23pm On Dec 15, 2014
shagaman:
Dears, please i askd a question oooo and i need help has any one moved from Dallas POE to elpaso ,what as d mode of transport by air or bus and whats the cost like,elpaso boud in January and Dallas is my POE abeg oooo
Would advice you go by air,cause dallas to el paso is quite a distance by road and i dont think you would want to go through the stress of a road trip after such a long flight from 9ja.I guess the price would have to do with when you book the tickets,the sooner you book,the cheaper i guess it would be for you. You can reseach the airlines that fly that route online.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Santa2: 12:40pm On Dec 15, 2014
damsell:
Many many congrats to you both @akelvin and phema, your stories are nothing short of joyful and may ur new bundles of joy never cease to be just that in ur lives. Pls for you all planning to reschedule ur flights back home, how easy is it? Cos I'm done with my baby's documentation and tried to reschedule my flight only to be quoted a cost that is as ridiculous as it is expensive. It's a United airlines ticket I booked and for both my mum n I, I was given a price quote of about 500k so as it stands, it seems I am stuck here with baby till 2nd week of Jan. angry pls if anyone knows of any other less costly way I can go about moving my flight earlier, I'll appreciate it. Thanks

@ damsell

Are you trying to reschedule your flight through the agent you bought ur ticket from in Nigeria? I would advise you contact united directly in the US. Call them up or get to their office if you can. A friend wanted to reschedule her emirate flight back from new York and the agent told her it would cost 85k. She got to the airport and did it for $50. Just rescheduled wifey and MIL flights on Turkish. the agent was giving a "ridonculous' price but wifey called turkish directly and rescheduled for $200. So try that(if you haven't already) you just might get good rates..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 12:43pm On Dec 15, 2014
TeesMom:
I am also interested

name of the apartment is landmark at grand parkway. 20mins drive to oakbend. you can google it as well.
theres also another one
reserve at river parkwest. it goes for 850 or so. i dobt want to paste the agents details so it wont look like advert.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by SAkale: 1:09pm On Dec 15, 2014
Mbok....make una try answer us wei still dey decision stage o..congrats to the new mammas...help us too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Acks: 1:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
Hi! Good to know every1's doing great. Congrats to the new mamas n dos who jst got their visas. A friend jst told me about 'Banner Good Samaritan medical center' it's in phoenix. She used them sometime in 2011 n d price was super good, around wat MIHS used to charge. Maybe one of our mommas in phoenix can help us check them out if the price's still d same. They r on 1111 E Mcdowell road. U can Google em sha.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shagaman: 1:25pm On Dec 15, 2014
Thanks all for response on my question....omo even flight for yankee cost ooooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 1:30pm On Dec 15, 2014
POE Experience from Houston...as promised, I shall deliver smiley

Went through MMA without any issues, fit to fly drom doctor was requested and accepted

Went smoothly through to London Heathrow, layover of 4 hours, connecting flight to Houston was fine.

P.S If you are looking for special consideration/pampering/special treatment, BA is not for you o, they no even look my face talk less of possible upgrade sad After a while I asked for drinking water soteyy the flight attendant told me water has finished

1hr to landing in Houston, went to change into Jeans and a blazer, did my make up Banke Meshida style, whilst kabashing all the way lol

Anyway, landed in Houston on time, came out, assessed the different POE officers, went to queue behind a bening looking guy.

Next post...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 1:32pm On Dec 15, 2014
So i got in front of the guy,

POE: Hi,
ME: (bright smile) Hello!
POE: Why are you here
ME: To spend my maternity leave
POE: Sorry what did you say
ME: (me louder ) Maternity leave
POE: Oh are you pregnant (looking down to my belle)
ME: Yes
POE: Where do you work
ME: told him
POE: how are you going to pay
ME: I have cash of blah blah in USD equivalent (I had small euro with me)
POE: whats the total cost to you to have this baby
ME: told him Dr and hospital cost
POE:have you made any payments
ME: The doctor would not accept payment until seeing me in person
POE: (frowning and looking confused) Where is your husband?
ME: In Nigeria
POE: is he coming
ME: He does not have a visa
POE: Where are you staying?
ME: told him Extended stay
POE:So you will be alone
ME: My husband should join me if he gets his visa
POE: how long do you intend to stay
ME: about 2 months
POE: how did you hear about this doctor
ME: Online
POE: looked again o, for like 30 seconds - I guess he was looking at my interview transcript or whatever, then stamps me in for 6 months.

I walk away grinning and thanking God...not knowing what lay ahead...lol

I had foodstuffs that I had declared, and the POE guy had written something on my Customs form, so I knew they would search thru my load.

Got to the baggage carousel, picked my bags, and then proceeded to Customs ...

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 1:37pm On Dec 15, 2014
The guy i met face strong ehn! I was like whats the worst that can happen, last last he will throw away my food, sebi them dan stamp me in

Customs Guy: (barked at me) Oh you are here to have your baby huh

Me: yes

Customs guy: Can I see your passport
Me: I showed it to him
Customs guy: what foods do you have?
Me: I told him
Customs guy: Why are you having your baby here?
Me: Maternal mortality is poor in Nigeria blah blah
Customs guy: Move this way (secondary inspection)
Me: ok

Met another guy at Secondary inspection

Other guy: What do you have? Do you have egusi? gala?
Me: me laughing like how does this guy know this stuff
Customs guy: I'm serious (with a stern tone)
Me: I quickly boned and said yes I have egusi blah blah
Customs guy: Come this way

Carried me to another place o with another woman there

Woman: Why do you think having your baby
Me: Maternal mortality..
Woman: cuts me - My colleague just lost her daughter in the US through childbirth, why do you think that your chances are better here
ME: Well its about the statistics, 153 women out of 1000 die in Nigeria from childbirth
Woman: What do you do?
Me: told her
WOman: What does ur husband do
Me: He is a dr
WOman: Aha! Cant he get you a good doctor in Nigeria
Me: Its about the system, a Dr may be good but the system may fail
WOman: Who told you it was ok to come to the US to have your baby?
Me: Online
WOman: Where Online
Me: I have a B1 / B2 visa, which covers for medical services, and I wrote to the Consular officer who said it was ok, i have the letter
WOman: Show me
Me: hand over the letter (in my confusion handed over both the Lagos one and Abuja one, I wanted to give her just the Abuja one as the tone was better)
WOman: Reads thoroughly...How much do you have
Me: I told her
WOman: Do you have any other money on you?
Me: No
WOman: let me have your purse
Me: I give her my bag

She empties my bad and searches every nook and cranny of my bag I just dey look dey pray.

She puts everything back and walks off.

The other guy comes back and goes through my stuff, I just dey pray sey they wont see my palm oil and fried meat,

He sees my uwgu leaf and says its too moist and takes it with him and tosses it.

You can go.

Thank you sir...

I wheeled my trolley away sharp sharp and went thru the doors with a big sigh and thanking God...everything took like 30 mins sha.

All in all it was not too bad, but I could see that they were trying to shake me up. I just tried to stay calm and prayed through the process.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 1:57pm On Dec 15, 2014
Congrats

That was a miracle

Regards

[quote author=anonymousmum post=28901105]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bmay: 1:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
[quote author=ajoke01 post=28883020][/quote]

Thanks a lot for the breakdown! Trust you and baby are doing great....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Saved2Serve: 2:00pm On Dec 15, 2014
my second application. the first was 11yrs ago (2003) wen i wanted to go study but was denied. but this is first for my wife and son and first time of travelling out for us all.
PrinceAdeAde:

Congrats chief,

Just curious, what other thing did you see and also was this your first application

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 2:50pm On Dec 15, 2014
@saved2serve Are you serious!! First time travellers, dats an awesome testimony. Congrats once again o.

@princeadeade, cool o down ,u guys will get it in abuja

Me wey I don travel abt 5 times to UK, me n wifey travelled to Uk in 2012, me, wifey n son were in the US as recent as may 2014. And yet denied 2x

Saved2Serve:
my second application. the first was 11yrs ago (2003) wen i wanted to go study but was denied. but this is first for my wife and son and first time of travelling out for us all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babatwi: 3:20pm On Dec 15, 2014
SAkale:
Mbok....make una try answer us wei still dey decision stage o..congrats to the new mammas...help us too

Where or what area exactly do you need help?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babatwi: 3:26pm On Dec 15, 2014
[quote author=anonymousmum post=28901105][/quote]

@ anonymousmun
These yeye people harsh o,all these plenty stress and questios. The devil is a liar. Congrats on your successful POE exploits.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TeesMom: 3:37pm On Dec 15, 2014
Thanks,
Please PM me the agents details

Appreciated
sayoberry:

name of the apartment is landmark at grand parkway. 20mins drive to oakbend. you can google it as well.
theres also another one
reserve at river parkwest. it goes for 850 or so. i dobt want to paste the agents details so it wont look like advert.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malihamlagos: 3:37pm On Dec 15, 2014
kizluv:

So how many babies do you have? you said TWINS when you gave us the first visa interview transcript and now your birth announcement says " i just had my baby", no mother would mistake " baby" for " Babies" . which one you no dai? i have gone through your post and i see you kinda intentionally discredit MIHS, hmmm...

Thank you. One baby, only a small scare upon arrival since my doctor was sure I was having twins. When we arrived the doctor could not detect the second baby which was confirmed with the scan. I had to pay for the additional scan but I guess in the end it all turned out for the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2014
Saved2Serve:
curgghhh!!! coughs to clear throat. It is time for me to share my own testimony. I have been following this thread for the past 8months. This is saved2serve reporting live from chelsea hotel, central district abuja. Our (me, wife and son) visa was granted this morning at exactly 8:15am (i was checking time). The interview took barely 7mins:

We were called upon, we came close and

pattyreal thanks for your advice to book for 7:30am. To everyone making this thread a success i salute you all.

U r always welkom.as @ 7:30am deir brain still kool in abuja ooo not lag. Thank God 4 d approval. I'm really happy 4 u guys! Big kiss 2 ur son, he also made an impact on d VO.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 15, 2014
moca:
Phema, how r u and baby today?
Tell royalroy to visit u asap and spoil u and d baby kiss

Very well Ma'am. Very well.

Royalroy dey this side? Didn't know oooo. Abeg, I need all the spoiling i can get ooo.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 3:57pm On Dec 15, 2014
SAkale:
am a bit confused, Del sol Medical centre is the hospital doctorsesparratti use isnt it? so is the letter going to come from them or the medical centre?

Yes Del sol is d hospital dey use. D letter comes frm d doctoresparati guys not d hospital oo. Cos d person dat signs it is nt a doctor one roldolpho gomez or so. Dats y d embassy frowned @ it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GFavor: 4:09pm On Dec 15, 2014
Hello House,
I am one of the people who have benefitted from this thread. I also used Pherma's burden of proof and letter from Doctoresparati. I was granted Visa in October. My letter had a doctor and an appointment date. I guess I applied before the VOs started getting suspicious.

Please house I have a question, Can I use the letter from doctoresparati for POE or they also frown at the letter at POE. My POE is Chicago and leaving First week in January.

Pherma, Congratulations on the arrival of your LO. God bless your family.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by SisiOlu: 4:16pm On Dec 15, 2014
Big congratulations to mummy Phema. God bless u and ur family.
The comfort in giving birth in obodo cannot be compared to our dear 9ja.

PrinceAdeAde and Bj2015, how far, any update?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 4:24pm On Dec 15, 2014
GFavor:
Hello House,
I am one of the people who have benefitted from this thread. I also used Pherma's burden of proof and letter from Doctoresparati. I was granted Visa in October. My letter had a doctor and an appointment date. I guess I applied before the VOs started getting suspicious.

Please house I have a question, Can I use the letter from doctoresparati for POE or they also frown at the letter at POE. My POE is Chicago and leaving First week in January.

Pherma, Congratulations on the arrival of your LO. God bless your family.

Yes u can use it @ POE. Pple hv been using it & so far no story heard of anyone who was turned bck cos of it so I dn't tink it's a prob
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 4:24pm On Dec 15, 2014
Hello guys, reporting from the City of Stafford near Houston Texas. Been busy with a couple of things, struggling to follow the thread. Thank God for Phema and Akelvin . The day Phema told me water broke, i was like na so e dey happen? You guys should stop risking it till 36 weeks o, Please leave by 33/34 weeks max. No be only the preggies go dey share POE testimony, so make una allow me share my own.

Got into atlanta few days ago, male border officer asked wetin carry me come. Told him for "the Christmas break" and my wife came in few weeks ago to have our baby, so I am here to support her. He nodded that's fine. He asked couple of questions about Ebola, have I been to Liberia, guinea etc In my mind I told him "your papa". He asked what I do back home and I told him. He cancelled my old visa, stamped me in and told me to enjoy.

Na so I reach houston and true true, I begin dey enjoy. Weather has been awesome , I have not used my jacket. Wife joined dominion chapel the biggest rccg in town few weeks ago and these guys have been really helpful. They took us for buffet yesterday. For mothers travelling alone this is a tip. Don't be shy to ask for assistance.

@Anonymousmum. ... Thank God for you but I have warned everyone to avoid houston. Abi another thing dey there ni? Lol. Not sure atlanta and other poe i earlier recommended got time for all these examination and questions.

@damsell....Haba 500k to change dates?. I suspect you bought a promo ticket on United. If that's the case they will want the full price of their ticket back to change anything on it. If you didn't buy the promo ticket go to the airport and you may change it easily. I may also have to dump my awuff delta ticket and buy a one-way emirate or turkish ticket if my baby comes on time. So that's another option you should consider.

As regards Dr fagbohun, i will give a comprehensive breakdown of his charges when wife puts to bed. My only advice is intending users shouldn't waste money doing all the tests in Nigeria because he may still ask you to rerun like 80% of it. So just do a few. I wasted some cash on this already. All in all its been fun.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 4:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
Tvegas:

Hello guys, reporting from the City of Stafford near Houston Texas. Been busy with a couple of things, struggling to follow the thread. Thank God for Phema and Akelvin . The day Phema told me water broke, i was like na so e dey happen? You guys

Congrats Tvegas! I wish wifey a safe delivery. Awaiting d gud news. I tap in2 all dese gud POE stories! One luv..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 4:41pm On Dec 15, 2014
shagaman:
Dears, please i askd a question oooo and i need help has any one moved from Dallas POE to elpaso ,what as d mode of transport by air or bus and whats the cost like,elpaso boud in January and Dallas is my POE abeg oooo

How about you just book from Lagos to elPaso, even if you'll go through Dallas. Flying from Dallas to elPaso locally in the US will cost you a lot more cos you'll have to pay baggage fees which add up pretty quickly depending on how much luggage you have.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GFavor: 4:51pm On Dec 15, 2014
Dear House, My ticket is from Abuja to Elpaso with one day stop over at Chicago. My question is, at POE in Chicago will I have to bring out my checked in luggage at Chicago or at Elpaso.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 4:55pm On Dec 15, 2014
GFavor:
Dear House, My ticket is from Abuja to Elpaso with one day stop over at Chicago. My question is, at POE in Chicago will I have to bring out my checked in luggage at Chicago or at Elpaso.

My safest guess is that you will need to collect your baggage in Chicago and re check in to the flight going to elpaso.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 4:57pm On Dec 15, 2014
pattyreal:

Congrats Tvegas! I wish wifey a safe delivery. Awaiting d gud news. I tap in2 all dese gud POE stories! One luv..

Thanks, so when are you leaving, don't wait till forever o. No one can predict when a baby will come , we are all just guessing.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluwafunkenny: 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2014
Congrats

Please can we have a copy of your neat burden of proof

Saved2Serve:

We were called upon, we came close and positioned (i stood at an angle to see clearly those stuffs pasted on the wall beside them which someone mentioned on this thread-- i saw the currency converter chat and one other thing).

VO: Good morning!
WE: Good morning in succession. (my 23months old son also greeted, "good moni"
VO: How are you? (directed to my son with smile).
SON: arrr fyne! and you? (my boy pointing at the VO immediately screamed "mummy see adanna" - the name he calls his unborn sister. --- he was surprised to see a whity).
VO: Am fine (smiling harder).
VO: can i have your applications and passport?
ME: sure! ( i handed in my passport and applications to her)
VO: started typing
VO: why do u want to be in US?
ME: To have our baby
VO: have you contacted any hospital and doctor?
ME: yes! ( struggling with my envelope - to hand over my budget sheet well placed on top, followed by the mihs correspondence, bank statement with reference from my bank addressed to them, mihs maternity package plus embassy reply on my inquiry to have my baby in US).
VO: Takes the documents and said wow! (looking at the budget sheet and smiles)
VO: This is neat and appealing; are you good with MS excel?
ME: yes!
VO: prepared this yourself?
Me: Yes maam!
VO: how many months are you gone madam?
Wife: XX weeks
VO: have you been to US before?
WE: we chorused "no"
VO: where do you work?
ME: xx coy
VO: what do you do there?
ME: i am responsible for Bleep
VO: how long are you staying?
ME: i will stay 5weeks and wife and son will 10weeks
VO: where will you be staying?
ME: villa at creek apartments, phoenix
VO: typing.........(leaves with my bank statement and came back after a minute)
VO: your visa is approved, come on wednesday and pick it up. wish you lovely time in US.
WE: thanks!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.