Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,682 members, 7,801,964 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1378084 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 5:00pm On Dec 15, 2014
Madam sisiolu

Our interview is on the 31st Dec, venue Abuja

Regards

SisiOlu:
Big congratulations to mummy Phema. God bless u and ur family.
The comfort in giving birth in obodo cannot be compared to our dear 9ja.

PrinceAdeAde and Bj2015, how far, any update?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 5:19pm On Dec 15, 2014
Tvegas:

Thanks, so when are you leaving, don't wait till forever o. No one can predict when a baby will come , we are all just guessing.

B4 naija election by God's grace!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babatwi: 5:35pm On Dec 15, 2014
GFavor:
Dear House, My ticket is from Abuja to Elpaso with one day stop over at Chicago. My question is, at POE in Chicago will I have to bring out my checked in luggage at Chicago or at Elpaso.

Sometime early this year i flew Lagos to Chicago on Delta and POE was Atlanta,layover was about 3hrs and i did not have to bring down any luggage.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 5:38pm On Dec 15, 2014
Gbam! Up Tvegas. Enjoy your stay and madam will deliver like the hebrew women. My madam and baby landed Nigeria via BA on Saturday, so this project is over now.

I wish everyone a wonderful delivery testimony.

[quote author=Tvegas post=28905459]Hello guys, reporting from the City of Stafford near Houston Texas. Been busy with a couple of things, struggling to follow the thread. Thank God for Phema and Akelvin . The day Phema told me water broke, i was like na so e dey happen? You guys should stop risking it till 36 weeks o, Please leave by 33/34 weeks max. No be only the preggies go dey share POE testimony, so make una allow me share my own.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by frendly99: 5:41pm On Dec 15, 2014
I'd really appreciate if someone could oblige to educate me on these issues...
Is having a travel experience a prerequisite for getting a US Visa? 'cos i see most people that got lucky have been to one place or the other before applying to US...I've never been out
Secondly, my birth trip is gon be sponsored by my in-laws, is it tenable to the Visa Officer even though my hubby would be there with me for the interview?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 6:03pm On Dec 15, 2014
frendly99:
I'd really appreciate if someone could oblige to educate me on these issues...
Is having a travel experience a prerequisite for getting a US Visa? 'cos i see most people that got lucky have been to one place or the other before applying to US...I've never been out
Secondly, my birth trip is gon be sponsored by my in-laws, is it tenable to the Visa Officer even though my hubby would be there with me for the interview?

The bolded is the surest way to get your visa denied. Infact you will make it easy for them. The VO expects you or your husband to be able to fund this trip. Previous travelling experience is one of the factors that will be considered before issuing a NIV but if you fully satisfy other criteria and home ties the VO may overlook this. So yes people without previous travelling experience can be granted.

@Lizcomm...Thanks man and merry xmas in advance.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bims87(f): 6:58pm On Dec 15, 2014
Heliano:

My dear I advise you do it here in the US, I am presently in philly and had to do this tests,

Oh Ok. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 6:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
It's official, from anonymousmum's testimony, BA is a definite no no for me. Make I go pay for my emirates jeje.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by belfy(f): 7:14pm On Dec 15, 2014
Phema:

Very well Ma'am. Very well.

Royalroy dey this side? Didn't know oooo. Abeg, I need all the spoiling i can get ooo.

Congrats Phema and Akelvin, kiss baby welcome.pls a quick question.can u pls list the documents in ur burden of proof for POE.also the consent letter you mentioned who did ur hubby address it to? And would appreciate if you post the format.thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 7:26pm On Dec 15, 2014
MamaTobenna:
It's official, from anonymousmum's testimony, BA is a definite no no for me. Make I go pay for my emirates jeje.

Lol when I dey tell una say BA is the worst airline flying to naija, una no wan hear. The days of BA being the best, has long gone. It's like they send their worst planes and hostesses to Nigeria. It's terrible!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 7:46pm On Dec 15, 2014
Please quick question for the mothers, someone told me today that I need to be doing yoga to avoid having a CS. Because it works my pelvic muscles?

Is this true? Phema did u exercise during pregnancy and did it help during labour?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 8:04pm On Dec 15, 2014
Shawbabe:
Please quick question for the mothers, someone told me today that I need to be doing yoga to avoid having a CS. Because it works my pelvic muscles?

Is this true? Phema did u exercise during pregnancy and did it help during labour?

Lol! Please don't kill yourself o! An unplanned CS is usually based on emergency either because you or the baby's health is in jeopardy, I doubt that it has anything to do with yoga or working your pelvic muscles.
I had an emergency CS with my first pregnancy because my son's umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck and pushing him out would have strangled him. Not sure it would've mattered how well I prepared my pelvic muscles.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Cecebee: 8:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
belfy:

Congrats Phema and Akelvin, kiss baby welcome.pls a quick question.can u pls list the documents in ur burden of proof for POE.also the consent letter you mentioned who did ur hubby address it to? And would appreciate if you post the format.thank you

@belfy Thank goodness you asked cheesy

@phema Congrats on the birth of your LO.......I'm still kinda new here and pls I'm so very interested in your answer.....Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by patricia23: 8:14pm On Dec 15, 2014
Shawbabe:

Kegels exercises is something I know you can do that strengthens your pelvic floor muscles. But this doesn't prevent CS. You can google it or check baby center on how to do them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 8:57pm On Dec 15, 2014
Check pages 104 and 105 please

Regards

Cecebee:

@belfy Thank goodness you asked cheesy

@phema Congrats on the birth of your LO.......I'm still kinda new here and pls I'm so very interested in your answer.....Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 9:04pm On Dec 15, 2014
shelly23:

Lol! Please don't kill yourself o! An unplanned CS is usually based on emergency either because you or the baby's health is in jeopardy, I doubt that it has anything to do with yoga or working your pelvic muscles.
I had an emergency CS with my first pregnancy because my son's umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck and pushing him out would have strangled him. Not sure it would've mattered how well I prepared my pelvic muscles.

Lmao. If u see the lecture I got today from a friend about working pelvic muscles eh.
Thanks for responding, and Patrica23 thanks too.
In other news, any April mums Atlanta bound? When are yall leaving?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 15, 2014
Shawbabe:

Lol when I dey tell una say BA is the worst airline flying to naija, una no wan hear. The days of BA being the best, has long gone. It's like they send their worst planes and hostesses to Nigeria. It's terrible!
really terrible reviews but my DH keeps praising them, I have never flown them sha, so I can't say... .. have you finally decided on what hospital to use now? I'm planning to have my baby already but it hasn't entered and I want to birth in ATL
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by belfy(f): 10:23pm On Dec 15, 2014
bj2012golf:
Check pages 104 and 105 please

Regards

Thanks Bj2012golf , I actually wanted the burden of proof for POE not visa application and also the content of the consent letter Phema took along with her.

Phema, I know ur hands are full now, kindly respond wen you have time . Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jyde2014: 10:24pm On Dec 15, 2014
@saved2serve;
Congratulations on ur visa approval. Pls what did u see pasted on d wall in the VO's cubicle. It could be vital information for others. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by patricia23: 10:49pm On Dec 15, 2014
Shawbabe:

Lmao. If u see the lecture I got today from a friend about working pelvic muscles eh.
Thanks for responding, and Patrica23 thanks too.
In other news, any April mums Atlanta bound? When are yall leaving?

Atlanta bound hopefully first week in March.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Jay6: 11:27pm On Dec 15, 2014
"As regards Dr fagbohun, i will give a comprehensive breakdown of his charges when wife puts to bed. My only advice is intending users shouldn't waste money doing all the tests in Nigeria because he may still ask you to rerun like 80% of it. So just do a few. I wasted some cash on this already. All in all its been fun."

@Tvegas: Good to hear your own POE experience, I am sure your Americana baby go know say him papa dey town. My wife's next appointment with Dr. Fagbohun is this Wednesday, it won't be bad if you guys can form a small naija-Fagbohun football team o. I'll send a PM to you.

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bosebabs(f): 11:34pm On Dec 15, 2014
Hello all, I just got in to new jersey to have my baby. Anybody with info on cheap hosp/ doctors fees. PlsSss help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ebonyademi: 12:30am On Dec 16, 2014
Please ATL bound mums, can anyone give me details of cheap hospitals or refer me back to pages to check. Am April bound and wish to start processing now
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ebonyademi: 12:56am On Dec 16, 2014
Please can anyone who has recently put to birth in Atlanta, help with the following answers:

1)Affordable hospitals in Atlanta
2) Total cost
3) Experience at the Airport on arrival.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:23am On Dec 16, 2014
@tvegas shebi e for better if to say na promo ticket self I buy in the first place. Hubby paid heavily for our(Mumsi n I) round trip tickets from lag to Elpaso and he even paid insurance join sef. All in all, it cost us bout 695k for the two tickets which we were told were valid for 3months. I left at 34weeks And because I didn't know how early or late baby wld come as per first time mom tins, I decided to choose a return date that wld give room for any exigencies with the mind that I wld move it forward if the need arose. Forward to last week and I go to the united website to try n reschedule the flight. Got to some point and was given an error mssg and told to contact their customer care line to be able to effect any change. Next tin I called my agent(wakanow) and he got back to me that changing my flight to 28th dec wld cost me bout 560K for mum n I cos the flights on that day were fully booked cos of the holiday season. Asked him to check xmaS day n even new yrs day, Samestory. Next I took myself to the airport in Elpaso to the united office yesterday and lo n behold they told me the same thing, rescheduling will cost me bout 2600$ Plus. All I cld do was buy my baby's ticket for the same date and return home to decide how I go spend the Xmas n new year for Elpaso o. I think it's because it's holiday season that's why. All in all nothing spoil, the moral of the story is that we shd all consider our respective timings properly when making our plans to avoid situations like this cos I'd have reaLly loved to be back home for at least the new year.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Olhar: 1:45am On Dec 16, 2014
please could anyone help with where i can pierce my baby's ear here in atlanta, everyone keeps saying till after 2 months or after immunization…..she is just 2 weeks old…..or any peadtrician that can doit before 2 months.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dakotchic(f): 2:31am On Dec 16, 2014
Olhar:
please could anyone help with where i can pierce my baby's ear here in atlanta, everyone keeps saying till after 2 months or after immunization…..she is just 2 weeks old…..or any peadtrician that can doit before 2 months.
Dr Emmanuel Mordi's office does. It's located at Buford near mall of Georgia-please Google his address. Otherwise you could walk into any Claire's and ask for it to be done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Olhar: 2:53am On Dec 16, 2014
dakotchic:

Dr Emmanuel Mordi's office does. It's located at Buford near mall of Georgia-please Google his address. Otherwise you could walk into any Claire's and ask for it to be done.

Thanks dear, will try claire's first….cos dr Mordi says he will have to do immunization first before he pierces her ears…..did you use him as your peadtrician..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Flowers: 3:18am On Dec 16, 2014
Houston has been good with friendly weather. We stay in an accommodation in stafford less than 40 dollars per night. The place is beautiful no complaints so far, unlike the reviews we saw online as husby was very skeptical about the place. Oyibo people can exaggerate when giving reviews. Just 10minutes to doctors appointment. Tvegas is right don't run so many tests cos you will still redo some. Cabs are very expensive so without a car it's very difficult to move around. To even get through to cabs is wahala you'll call endlessly. One of the cab companies start 7am and close 10pm so if labour starts outside this hours hmmmm. To rent a small car with insurance for 2months is more than $3000. We got a Nigerian guy that does rental package for car. You can rent at a minimum fee and drive yourself after paying for a monthly insurance if you've got international license or you can choose the option of being driven anytime you want. We got a car today and hubby had insurance done and drove it today. So my advice if you coming to Houston without a solid arrangement for transportation, you will not find it funny. I no be marketer oooh.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by supamom: 3:25am On Dec 16, 2014
bosebabs:
Hello all, I just got in to new jersey to have my baby. Anybody with info on cheap hosp/ doctors fees. PlsSss help

You can try south jersey healthcare in vineland
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 3:44am On Dec 16, 2014
bj2012golf:
Congrats

That was a miracle

Regards

na real miracle, thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 3:45am On Dec 16, 2014
Babatwi:

@ anonymousmun
These yeye people harsh o,all these plenty stress and questios. The devil is a liar. Congrats on your successful POE exploits.

na real yeye people o. But I dan hear word. Will avoid Houston next time...

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.