Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,404 members, 7,781,165 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:07 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1374165 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 27, 2014
worry359:

Read back through this section.
There have been reports that visa will be refused because they are not a genuine organisation.
don't get it wrong, they are not quack,they are only middle men and so far their services haven't been rated poorly by mothers who have used them in the past, only their letters and of which some people have gotten visas with their letters, so let's take time to read well.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by belfy(f): 11:37am On Dec 27, 2014
Allysonn:
Pls who can help me with accommodation in Richmond am using oak bend hospital please I need it ASAP. Also please is anyone travelling second week of January so we can hook up.

Am travelling 3rd week.using Oakbend and Dr fagbohun too.we can hook up still

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by belfy(f): 11:48am On Dec 27, 2014
Good morning all, pls am still interested in the consent letter.can someone help me with who the consent letter should be addressed to and if possible the content of the letter.thanks a bunch kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by finechickala201: 12:22pm On Dec 27, 2014
damsell:
@tvegas shebi e for better if to say na promo ticket self I buy in the first place. Hubby paid heavily for our(Mumsi n I) round trip tickets from lag to Elpaso and he even paid insurance join sef. All in all, it cost us bout 695k for the two tickets which we were told were valid for 3months. I left at 34weeks And because I didn't know how early or late baby wld come as per first time mom tins, I decided to choose a return date that wld give room for any exigencies with the mind that I wld move it forward if the need arose. Forward to last week and I go to the united website to try n reschedule the flight. Got to some point and was given an error mssg and told to contact their customer care line to be able to effect any change. Next tin I called my agent(wakanow) and he got back to me that changing my flight to 28th dec wld cost me bout 560K for mum n I cos the flights on that day were fully booked cos of the holiday season. Asked him to check xmaS day n even new yrs day, Samestory. Next I took myself to the airport in Elpaso to the united office yesterday and lo n behold they told me the same thing, rescheduling will cost me bout 2600$ Plus. All I cld do was buy my baby's ticket for the same date and return home to decide how I go spend the Xmas n new year for Elpaso o. I think it's because it's holiday season that's why. All in all nothing spoil, the moral of the story is that we shd all consider our respective timings properly when making our plans to avoid situations like this cos I'd have reaLly loved to be back home for at least the new year.

please how was your experience in elpaso (doctoresparatI) also is it an standard hospital because I dont seem to find or see a hospital building in their website.
Please am depending on ur response to make them my choice.
Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jukeblam(m): 12:43pm On Dec 27, 2014
jukeblam:
So, here’s how our (my wife and I) interview went- by a male VO. Ours was in two parts:

After we left the embassy, we contacted Fagbohun for an additional letter showing what was requested; unfortunately, he said the initial letter was all he had been giving and will continue to give intending patients. After further trying to explain what was needed and still not getting any additional letter, we decided to go back 2weeks later; this time, I made two budget tables- one showing line items of birth services summed up and the second table showing total estimate including flights, accom, living expenses etc

Here's the second interview. This time it was by a much older male VO.

VO: Hello (while checking the white paper)
We: Good morning.
VO: So, do you have the additional document requested?
(This time, I hand over the two budget sheets, followed by our account statements and all other documents.)
VO: Who prepared this? (Referring to the birth only table)
Me: I did.
VO: Ok, so I see here you'll be needing about 21k...(while looking at the two tables and account statement only)
Me: No, it's about 15k in all, the birth cost is already included on the next sheet as line item No.1
VO: Oh, ok. You know you need to pay all your bills and get a letter stating a zero balance from the hospital
We: Yes we know
VO: Alright, pick up your passports on Monday at your designated collection center (circles on and passes the white collection paper to us)
We: Thank you
VO: Have a safe trip.

All in all, took about 4mins or less even.
Flights booked on emirates for Jan end- Dallas POE.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hopefulme: 2:18pm On Dec 27, 2014
[quote author=jukeblam post=29243773]

After we left the embassy, we contacted Fagbohun for an additional letter showing what was requested; unfortunately, he said the initial letter was all he had been giving and will continue to give intending patients. After further trying to explain what was needed and still not getting any additional letter, we decided to go back 2weeks later; this time, I made two budget tables- one showing line items of birth services summed up and the second table showing total estimate including flights,

Congrats bro.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babatwi: 3:14pm On Dec 27, 2014
belfy:
Good morning all, pls am still interested in the consent letter.can someone help me with who the consent letter should be addressed to and if possible the content of the letter.thanks a bunch kiss

@belfy
Which consent letter were you refering to,is it the one for babys american passport or the one to take to the embassy for visa indicating that you have your husbands permission to travel. Let me know which,so that i will know how to help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babatwi: 3:33pm On Dec 27, 2014
finechickala201:

please how was your experience in elpaso (doctoresparatI) also is it an standard hospital because I dont seem to find or see a hospital building in their website.
Please am depending on ur response to make them my choice.
Thank you.

@finechikala
A lot of people on this site have used dresparati and they have wonderful testimonies. The only issue people seem to have with them is that some VO at the embassy consider them as agents so they dont regard their letters,but since you are already in the us,this shouldnt matter to you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by belfy(f): 3:45pm On Dec 27, 2014
Babatwi:

@belfy
Which consent letter were you refering to,is it the one for babys american passport or the one to take to the embassy for visa indicating that you have your husbands permission to travel. Let me know which,so that i will know how to help

Thanks babatwi,

The consent letter is the one for the American passport which can also be used at the POE.

Kindly respond pls and also send a format if u have
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ritdan: 4:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
Allysonn:
Pls who can help me with accommodation in Richmond am using oak bend hospital please I need it ASAP. Also please is anyone travelling second week of January so we can hook up.

@Allysonn, please, did you get any info on accommodation in Richmond? Am also considering oak bend hospital but February bound. Please share whatever info you get. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamwa: 5:14pm On Dec 27, 2014
Hi everyone,
Please can someone tell me how much what type of visa I need if I want to give birth in the US. Is It visitors (for medical treatment) or visitors (for business/pleasure). Thanks so much for your replies.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 5:37pm On Dec 27, 2014
Congrats

[quote author=jukeblam post=29243773]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hopefulme: 5:39pm On Dec 27, 2014
bj2012golf:
Congrats

I say a prayer for you.wishing you success in your interview.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 5:42pm On Dec 27, 2014
mamwa:
Hi everyone,
Please can someone tell me how much what type of visa I need if I want to give birth in the US. Is It visitors (for medical treatment) or visitors (for business/pleasure). Thanks so much for your replies.

B1/B2 visa is a combination of tourism, medicals, business etc...just declare your intention during the interview...child birth for example.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jukeblam(m): 5:46pm On Dec 27, 2014
hopefulme:
Congrats bro
Thanks.

bj2012golf:
Congrats

Thanks- as well for the info; though I didn't get through to Dr Z eventually. All the best on the 31st.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 6:19pm On Dec 27, 2014
Thank you

All is well

hopefulme:

I say a prayer for you.wishing you success in your interview.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 6:20pm On Dec 27, 2014
Thank you o

jukeblam:

Thanks.

Thanks- as well for the info; though I didn't get through to Dr Z eventually. All the best on the 31st.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babatwi: 7:15pm On Dec 27, 2014
belfy:

Thanks babatwi,

The consent letter is the one for the American passport which can also be used at the POE.

Kindly respond pls and also send a format if u have

@ belfy
There is a consent form for this purpose on the us govt passport website . Here is the link: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/under-16.html. or you can google " us passport application for a minor under 16 "the form is called DS-3053. Print it out and have your husband fill it in front of a notary public and have the notary public notarise it. This was what i did before i left 9ja for Dalla,so that i can use it when applying for my baby's Us passport. I dint have or use any consent letter at poe . Pm me if you have any dififculty downloading the form ,so that i can email it to you

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babatwi: 8:13pm On Dec 27, 2014
bj2012golf:
Thank you

All is well

@bj2012golf
You are in my thoughts and prayers. Looking forward to the good news.. All the best .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 9:24pm On Dec 27, 2014
You are appreciated

God bless you real good

Regards
Babatwi:

@bj2012golf
You are in my thoughts and prayers. Looking forward to the good news.. All the best .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Olhar: 9:52pm On Dec 27, 2014
finechickala201:

check my earlier post, you will see the bill…..my bill was not smiling at all…..the nurses were nice, and dr Oduro was top notch….but asides the bill, would have recommended gwinnett to anyone cos their services was cool…..buttheir bill is not straightforward….so will advice to look at other hospitals in atlanta

Please can tell us your bill breakdown and your personal experience at the hospital.thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:28am On Dec 28, 2014
Allysonn:
Could you please explain the procedures of getting the medical visa...I live in south houston,i don't know if I can be of any help.you can search for apartments on Richmond.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:39am On Dec 28, 2014
fruitfull1:

oh great! I know air France have stringent rules about changes and stuffs like that especially when its a promo ticket. I got 335k for my baby and I on emirates for 2nd of march. what's your date of travel and have you bought your ticket?

I am using dr z at oakbend.
I will send you a pm
Can you please explain how you got the doctors numbers and emails,am in houston and I don't know how this work...am helping my brother's wife.pls reply
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bims87(f): 3:29am On Dec 28, 2014
Hello peeps,reporting live from Dallas airport waiting to board the domestic flight to Montgomery. I flew BA and POE was smooth. Thanks to members on this thread for all the info shared,they all came in handy at different events. It will only get better for us all by God's grace.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kenydff: 3:38am On Dec 28, 2014
Gracydee:

@Babatwi...

what if one has not discovered the pregnancy then? got my visa in October for the purpose of vacation in December. although hubby and I have always been nursing the idea of having our baby in the USA. We didn't even have a serious questioning at the VO's because we had one 3 months J-visa that was given to us based on a training hubby went for in 2013 and I only spent 2 weeks in the states. During the questioning, I think the VO noticed number of years of marriage with no kids and asked if I was going to seek medical assistance which I answered no. We were given the visa

Discovered shortly after that i am preggy and a couple of weeks gone (meanwhile we have been trying for a child for 3 years now). After I discovered I mentioned to a friend who said I can send them a mail to inform them.

But am kinda confused now since you mentioned that is for pple that were not really preggy as at day of interview.

Would appreciate if you can shed more light as I will not want to do something that will thwart future renewal opportunities although we already cancelled our December vacation so we could go for childbirth. Your response will be appreciated.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kenydff: 4:40am On Dec 28, 2014
Hello house. Pls any January phoenix mum looking for who to share accommodation with pls holla. I'm available. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 7:17am On Dec 28, 2014
kenydff:
Hello house. Pls any January phoenix mum looking for who to share accommodation with pls holla. I'm available. Thanks

R u in phoenix already? Or r u lukn 4 an apartment? Dere's one room in an apartment 4 lease. PM mi 4 details..and wen in jan r u leavn?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 28, 2014
@finechikala, For all that my word is worth, I've had NO cause to regret coming to have my baby in Elpaso. So far, so good. Hospital, doctors, baby's documentation, I've got no complaints. I'll keep it short like that so I do not cross into the suspected marketers list. However you could read up my previous posts on the thread to get a better picture of my journey so far. All the best with your plans.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by spokesboy: 8:16am On Dec 28, 2014
I've been waiting to share my own good news on this thread.
I must really thank everyone that has contributed to this thread because one way or the other you have all contributed to the smooth ride my wife had to the US. She landed safely in Atlanta concluded the POE interview in 3mins, took a connecting flight to Dallas and she's now at home dancing Skelewu smiley

The destination is Dallas and the airline is Delta. Our choice of route was influenced by the following factors:
1.) I don't want my wife to have a lengthy stopover in Europe or UAE only to embark on a super-lengthy journey to Dallas just in the name of avoiding POE horror story smiley. That would have been too much for a 34wks preggy. Journey duration is LOS-ATL (13hr15mins), stopover time in ATL (2hrs), ATL-DFW (2hr29mins)
2.) We chose the lesser of two evil, the Atlanta POE (dropped Houston POE like bad habit) and knowing well that we are harmed with information from this thread
3.) Delta did a promo and we were able to get a ticket to Dallas enroute Atlanta for N208,200
4.) We found a very good accommodation, feeding and transportation package in Dallas close to our Aunt's place in Arlington. With airport pickup inclusive

Wify left Lagos 10.15pm ontime on 26th Dec. and landed safely in Atlanta at 5.32am local time on the 27th December, 2014

Just for the records, the POE interview goes thus after an officer came to pull my wife and another preggy out of the line to a fasttrack desk.....:
The POE interviewing officer is a woman.
Wife: Good morning (with a smile)
PO: Good morning, can i have your passport please
Wife: Here it is.... (wife handed the passport over to the PO with the boarding-pass tucked inside, inadvertently)
PO: What are you here for?
Wife: I'm here for vacation and to have my baby
PO: Oh...Oh, i can see you're still heading to Dallas
Wife: Yes, please
PO: Do you have a Doctors correspondence with you
Wife: Yes please... can i bring it out?
PO: No, don't worry.....; How much do you have on you?
Wife: I have $9,510 on me (and she was about to bring it out from her handbag)
PO: Ohhh nooo! Don't do that here, we don't count cash in this place.... Don't worry
Wife: Oh, i'm so sorry
PO: Where is your husband?
Wife: He's back home in Lagos Nigeria
PO: Why is he not here with you
Wife: We planned that he will join me shortly before my EDD
PO: Oh, that's fine..... What does he do for a living? (she was busy typing and asked my wife to put her fingers on the scanner)
Wife: He's is a so-so-so
PO: Oh ok
PO: How long do you plan to stay here in the US?
Wife: I'm staying for 64days,... about 2 months and 1 week
PO: That's fine (As she stamped her passport for 6 months)
Wife: Collected her passport back with a ...."Thank you very much" (and a big smile)
PO: Bye bye, have a safe delivery...

My wife passed through the exit with no call for Secondary inspection or whatsoever and went to the baggage claim section jubilating in her heart for the Christmas favour from God smiley.
Didn't take her long to collect her bag, pick an airport shuttle to the Domestic terminal, catch the connecting flight to Dallas right on time and she's now sleeping at home in Arlington, Dallas.

18 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by belfy(f): 8:22am On Dec 28, 2014
Babatwi:

@ belfy
There is a consent form for this purpose on the us govt passport website . Here is the link: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/under-16.html. or you can google " us passport application for a minor under 16 "the form is called DS-3053. Print it out and have your husband fill it in front of a notary public and have the notary public notarise it. This was what i did before i left 9ja for Dalla,so that i can use it when applying for my baby's Us passport. I dint have or use any consent letter at poe . Pm me if you have any dififculty downloading the form ,so that i can email it to you

Thanks a bunch.God bless kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kykes: 9:19am On Dec 28, 2014
Babatwi:

@ belfy

Hiya so u left the babies date of birth blank and filled it in after giving birth? Pls can u send a copy to my email kykeriah@yahoo.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.