Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1378868 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by feddy27: 12:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
Ok, since I can't sleep now, lemme share my experience:
1. I flew from PH to lag, on getting to PH airport, Aero refused to fly me cos I was 32weeks+4days! Said their policy for preggies is 32weeks, like joke like joke, flight took off without me after they have even issued boarding pass! So I quickly bought arik dat has 34wks policy and got a refund from aero. Arik still had to confirm from pilot before they accepted and took my fit to travel.

2. Got to lag, no worries at all. Checked in with KLM, they didn't ask for fit to fly.Arranged passenger assistance for my gran cos she came with me. Declared my $10k cash to naija custom.

3. At Amsterdam, dey asked my purpose of traveling to the USA, told them vacation and child birth.

4. I arrived Minneapolis as planned, used fast track cos I got passenger assistance.
CBP: first took my finger print + gran's own. Why are you here?
Me: vacation and child birth
CBP: Who is dis woman to you and wht she is here
Me: My granma and to assist when baby arrives
CBP: Gave my passport to an officer and asked to follow him

At Secondary inspection, I was the only one there. 5 minutes after, an officer came and called me alone.
He asked the following questions:

Why are you in the USA? Vacation and child birth.

Asked for doctor's letter, presented Dr Fagbohun's letter to him, studied it extensively. Asked how much cash I had, told him $10k, asked of naira, said 580naira so he changed it to $10, 002 and declared I had above 10k. Gave me a form to fill. Asked if I told the VO my intention and I said I didn't do interview but Dropbox and so I had to send the embassy a mail of my travel intent. Asked where I work, if they were paying my bills, told him no that I'm paying for myself. Asked about my husband, his job and others.

The whole session took like 30mins cos he was seriously typing and I think the system was kinda slow too. He didn't bother counting my cash. Asked how much my gran has and what she came to do in d US and who brought her. After all, he stamped us B2 for 6 months and advised that I keep all receipts. Our bags were not searched.

The whole process made me miss my connecting flight to Houston and Delta rescheduled at no extra cost.

Lessons learnt: Be confident and straight forward. Every little counts like informing the embassy. I didn't get the regular response only auto response but I was fine because there is an evidence that I informed them.

A very special thanks to members of this thread for your unreserved way of sharing information. God bless you all that answered NICELY when questions where asked especially Prolify ! She's such an amazing virtual friend ! Led me all through from Dropbox application up until POE ! God bless you dearie and your lil one. Thanks to Tvegas for his comprehensive guide. It is really helpful.

Oya lemme try to sleep, still need to sort out accommodation. I'll share when I'm done too.

21 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by FinanceFitness: 12:41pm On Feb 28, 2015
Hello house, congrats to all the new moms and successful entries.

Had my baby at Elpaso the last time and not sure I want to go back there for now. Considering Atlanta.

I've seen that the only affordable hospital is Northside with Gwinnett now expensive.

Anyone here with experience in Atlanta and at Northside an the all inclusive cost for CS delivery? And accommodation tips, transportation, shopping e.t.c. Please help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mrsmo: 1:06pm On Feb 28, 2015
Good morning peeps. If any one is still looking for accommodation in Houston, around SH 6, u can send me a mail to get the details. Regards

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 1:22pm On Feb 28, 2015
FinanceFitness:
Hello house, congrats to all the new moms and successful entries.

Had my baby at Elpaso the last time and not sure I want to go back there for now. Considering Atlanta.

I've seen that the only affordable hospital is Northside with Gwinnett now expensive.

Anyone here with experience in Atlanta and at Northside an the all inclusive cost for CS delivery? And accommodation tips, transportation, shopping e.t.c. Please help
Shuo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked You are back for a second trip so soon? grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Larondoo22: 1:36pm On Feb 28, 2015
mamanjai:

Yes it does, thank you much. Did yu go wth her for the interview? Do I have to be with her

yes I did,but I doubt if dey will allow you,I was only allow becos she needs assistance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by FinanceFitness: 1:36pm On Feb 28, 2015
Lol, yes o. They will have 15/16 months between them though.

And they will both be on the same visa - lol, I will certainly be interviewed when it is time to renew!

IyawoToBe:
Shuo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked You are back for a second trip so soon? grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by FinanceFitness: 1:39pm On Feb 28, 2015
@Larodoo, she will be fine on her own. When my mum went, I included all my documents including hospital details, accommodation. And she came after me with only $1k or so. Just give her all your own burden of proof and cover all of them with a letter as her sponsor.

Larondoo22:
yes I did,but I doubt if dey will allow you,I was only allow becos she needs assistance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 1:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
FinanceFitness:
Lol, yes o. They will have 14 months between them though.

And they will both be on the same visa - lol, I will certainly be interviewed when it is time to renew!

Wow that's great! Congrats kiss

People like Phema should take a cue from this. Time waits for no man grin

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Vineb: 1:49pm On Feb 28, 2015
FinanceFitness:

No time for dulling Ooo, you are maximizing your US VISA. Congrats

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ozycy: 2:56pm On Feb 28, 2015
FinanceFitness:

. Oh yeah, I tot I was the only one already preparing for another birthing journey and using the same visa for 2 babies. Though my oda baby will be 20months older. Let's go there grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 3:34pm On Feb 28, 2015
FinanceFitness:

IyawoToBe:

Congrats dearie, you may not be called for an Interview, my friend did the same thing. 2 babies under one visa, and she did dropbox. The Lord is your strength. Is it just me or my pregnancy moves very slowlyyyyy. Chai....
IyawoToBe, please where are you headed ? My doctor is charging 800 for delivery ooo. Sure your won't come and join me in mobap grin . Lol @ phema, make una leave phema.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 4:45pm On Feb 28, 2015
IyawoToBe:

Pls tell them o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 4:49pm On Feb 28, 2015
[quote author=kizluv post=31171307]

My doctor is charging 800 for delivery oo.

Abeg kizluv, where is the doctor
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Arisbel(f): 4:59pm On Feb 28, 2015
Good day everyone, congrats to all new Mamas. Please is there any June Mum planing to travel in May to MIHS Phoenix? Would have loved to use Elpaso but they don't offer VBAC so am porting to MIHS.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 6:09pm On Feb 28, 2015
FinanceFitness:
The form for men requires more details than that of women, they are different. I fill for my husband and our profiles are very similar but his requires a lot more details than mine.

Well, I filled for my hubby as well, there wasn't any difference. Like I said, depends on the answers given per section that leads to further questions

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 6:16pm On Feb 28, 2015
Arisbel:
Good day everyone, congrats to all new Mamas. Please is there any June Mum planing to travel in May to MIHS Phoenix? Would have loved to use Elpaso but they don't offer VBAC so am porting to MIHS.

Ma friend had a Vbac yestrday @ MIHS. It went soooo well.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 6:36pm On Feb 28, 2015
@ Mabels
Missouri baptist hospital oh, they charged me 2900 for delivery and 100 for each check up. I went to discuss with the financial lady. Said am self pay, if they can wave the 100 dolls on each visit. She open computer, open book, ask me like 3 times. Your self pay? I said yes. She finally Said 800, but I would pay the 100 for each visit and pay the 800 before delivery. I had one visit last week, would probably have 2 or 3 more before delivery.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamanjai: 6:46pm On Feb 28, 2015
oas99:
I went in with my mum and they allowed me, the VO never even directed any questions to me and my mum speaks English fluently and had no need for an interpreter. I also met a lady too there that came in with her mum. This happened in abuja.
oas99:
I went in with my mum and they allowed me, the VO never even directed any questions to me and my mum speaks English fluently and had no need for an interpreter. I also met a lady too there that came in with her mum. This happened in abuja.
Shawbabe:

Likely questions could be:
1) Does she work?
2) Where?
3) Who is sponsoring her?
4) Where will yall be staying/your medical details?
5) Duration?
I don't think they'll let u go with her to the interview, except she needs u as an interpreter or something like that. I think giving her copies of your Dr and hospital arrangements, accommodation, copy of your visa, bank statements stating you sponsoring, and any other important info about your trip. She should be fine though, they usually don't give elderly people stress.
Larondoo22:

Thank you all. I guess she would go alone, not ready to face those VOs jare. Grateful!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 6:50pm On Feb 28, 2015
kizluv:
@ Mabels
Missouri baptist hospital oh, they charged me 2900 for delivery and 100 for each check up. I went to discuss with the financial lady. Said am self pay, if they can wave the 100 dolls on each visit. She open computer, open book, ask me like 3 times. Your self pay? I said yes. She finally Said 800, but I would pay the 100 for each visit and pay the 800 before delivery. I had one visit last week, would probably have 2 or 3 more before delivery.

Ds is wonderful info o! Abeg, doc fees nko?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nogen: 7:01pm On Feb 28, 2015
mamanjai:

Thank you all. I guess she would go alone, not ready to face those VOs jare. Grateful!

You might not be allowed in. I went with my mum but didn't get in with her as they insisted I wasn't needed even though I filled the form for her. She went in with every necessary documents but none was asked for eventually. She was given a 2 year multiple.

Just prepare her with the necessary documents in case the VO asks for them. She will be fine.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamanjai: 7:09pm On Feb 28, 2015
Alright, thank you

Nogen:

You might not be allowed in. I went with my mum but didn't get in with her as they insisted I wasn't needed even though I filled the form for her. She went in with every necessary documents but none was asked for eventually. She was given a 2 year multiple.

Just prepare her with the necessary documents in case the VO asks for them. She will be fine.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamanjai: 7:12pm On Feb 28, 2015
Alright, thank you

Nogen:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shade16(f): 7:14pm On Feb 28, 2015
TeesMom:
Hello house, pls has anyone applied for a visa for a nanny before? Any info wld b great as my child has plenty activity.

There's someone who came with 2 nannies to El paso
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 8:05pm On Feb 28, 2015
kizluv:

Congrats dearie, you may not be called for an Interview, my friend did the same thing. 2 babies under one visa, and she did dropbox. The Lord is your strength. Is it just me or my pregnancy moves very slowlyyyyy. Chai....
IyawoToBe, please where are you headed ? My doctor is charging 800 for delivery ooo. Sure your won't come and join me in mobap grin . Lol @ phema, make una leave phema.
Yeeeeeh!!! 800? shocked As I don con buy ticket to el paso nko? cry Wish you told me earlier
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nita2013: 8:18pm On Feb 28, 2015
It depends on ur mum's age. I went inside with my mum last year June in abuja (she was 69yrs). I was allowed to go inside with her and I also stood with her while d VO was askin her questions. I was d one with d documents though non was requested.

Another lady came inside with her mum but d VO that interviewed d mum told her to step aside while her mum is been interviewed. D lady tried to explain to d VO that her mum could not speak or understand English but d VO invited an interpreter for her mum thus d interview was conducted with yoruba. D mum got d visa though.

mamanjai:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by wayinoma: 8:43pm On Feb 28, 2015
[i][/i @kizluv pls can you kindly send me details of this hospital via email. Oyewunmij@gmail.com .am new.here and yet to get a hang on how to send pms thanks soooo much
kizluv:
@ Mabels
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Luckychild2015: 9:05pm On Feb 28, 2015
Yes Doctors fees is included, u will have to call the women's health centre to book an appointment. Then mail Christine ur appointment details, then she will send u an appointment letter. I hope this helps.

Goldenheart88:
Hi ya!

I'll also check them out although I'll prefer NJ.
Which Dr have you been able to contact at the hospital?
Is the total inclusive of Drs fee or that will be seperate. Thanks for sharing.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 9:17pm On Feb 28, 2015
You may just have discovered the pre-hike MIHS lol! $800 is too good to be true haba!

You might as well put up the hospital's details before people bombard you with PMs.

kizluv:
@ Mabels
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oas99(f): 9:19pm On Feb 28, 2015
My dear kizluv, pls could u explain to us better on this 800naira hospital, sorry 800$ hospital, I'm sure a lot of us are interested is it doc's fees or hospital fees or the total package grin (I wish)
kizluv:
@ Mabels
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 9:43pm On Feb 28, 2015
[quote author=oas99 post=31180799]My dear kizluv, pls could u explain to us better on this 800naira hospital, sorry 800$ hospital, I'm sure a lot of us are interested is it doc's fees or hospital fees or the total package grin (I wish)

Pls even accommodation if possible. Tnx a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 9:51pm On Feb 28, 2015
Sorry o, just seeing all the PM 's
Hospital name Missouri baptist hospital , st Loius, missouri. The hospital has very very good reviews. I got the details from this humble thread. Page 19.
Hospital fee- 2600 for 48hrs after delivery ( you pay 30 days to your edd)
Doctors fee - 800 to take your delivery. ( it was 2900 they told me when I was in Nigeria, when I came. They gave me that fee for self pay. Provided I pay before delivery) then 100 per doctors appointment.
Ultrasound - 150. I brought an ultrasound I did 2 days to my travel , doc said he won't do ultrasound unless very necessary.
my doctors name is - Timothy philpott. I would send number to PM's
Pathology Inc (labs)- i dont know yet ( my doctor was kind enough to take all my test from Nigeria. Apart from the once written with biro (idiots, msceeeww) but he said because I am self pay, he would giv me till my next appointment to get them. My husband is trying to get them on hard copy instead of biro. If we can't get them, he said I would do syphilis, hiv and hep B. The rest he's okay with.
Pediatrician - some say 100 per check up , some 150 per check up. Am still searching for.
Epidural - 800 . ( I go rough am, I am no using it)
about accommodation, I don't know sad . I am staying with someone. Maybe check booking.com

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 9:52pm On Feb 28, 2015
[quote author=mabels post=31181416][/quote]

Lmao @ I wish.

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.