Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1378986 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jfk18: 8:39pm On Sep 29, 2012
Hi all,
Looking for cheap options for delivering babies (twin) in Atlanta. We are on a very tight budget 5-6k

Appreciate your suggestions!

One love!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by love30: 4:53pm On Oct 05, 2012
abiolu: Hi All,
Does anyone knows of any reasoble place to have a baby in Maryland. I have had some quote but its very high.any suggestion would be welcomed

Maryland is not cheap at all......try birthing centre or another city

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by WAVixen: 9:02pm On Oct 05, 2012
love30:

Maryland is not cheap at all......try birthing centre or another city

My brother well said, birthing center is the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 09, 2012
Hello all. got my 2 years visa 2 weeks ago. i was asked if i was pregnant and i didnt deny the fact. i have a friend in Newyork. Can anyone help with an affordable hospital there. I am also thinking of birthing centre but i do not have an idea of their bill. I will be travelling december. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by WAVixen: 7:25pm On Oct 09, 2012
Congratulations. Make sure you are coming with money to pay your medical bills. You will need to register at a doctors office for your pre-natel visits. I have no clue about NYC. Go online and make your research.
A note of warning, be careful about the hospitals you register with. An inlaw left about a month ago to Nigeria and was slammed with a $25,000 bill! She had a C-section, so you can imagine. I wish you the best and a safe delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ori777: 1:23am On Oct 11, 2012
Google hospitals is the county around where your friend stays for proximity during your pre-natal visits. U can then call up their billing departments to ask for fees for self-pay patients with no insurance. Then look up doctors attached to the hospital and call them up to find out the costs too. Make sure to confirm what the costs cover to make an informed decision- bloodwork, ultrasounds,postpartum care etc.
Note that your friend may not know too much about these things as people living in the states either have insurance or get medicaid/medicare for their healthcare so the onus is on you to do as much research as you can.
Good luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 4:07pm On Oct 18, 2012
try Maricopa in Phoenix arizona. its a little below 3k for normal delivery with or without epidural . thank me later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 18, 2012
Thank you all for your advices.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shinatu: 4:57pm On Oct 18, 2012
someone asked about Dallas, if it is still relevant, John Peter Smith hospital has a package for self payment called OBYN pack (Hospital + Doctor)= $4-5K The hospital is in Forth Worth however with a clinic for Pre natal visits in Arlington.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by estrellaycocina: 1:36pm On Oct 20, 2012
I had my baby in the USA through the info on this site: www.doctoresparati.com The website is in spanish but it has a translation button and when I spoke & wrote with them, its all english. i looked around everywhere and this was the most comprehensive care and had the best price too. They specialize in this kind of service and they treated us very well. Highly recommend.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 22, 2012
Thank you estrellaycocina. I have spoken to them they only offer this service in Texas and i dont have anybody there. My aunty stays in NY.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by estrellaycocina: 10:50pm On Oct 22, 2012
No problem. I was originally going to have my delivery in Chicago (have family there) but when i compared hospital prices and doctors bills I went their way, even with hotel it was less expensive and were very helpfull. Best wishes to you sweetg! cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by subsidy12: 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2012
Who can help with a cheap hospital in Pennsylvania
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 25, 2012
Dear estrellaycocina thanks can u help with d contact of d place u stayed and the cost. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by estrellaycocina: 11:51pm On Oct 26, 2012
Sorry, not quite sure of the price. It was billed weekly, I think it was about $180 a week?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jfk18: 12:33pm On Oct 28, 2012
Guys,
Any suggestion for a cheap hospital to give birth in Las vegas?

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2012
[quote author=uchetobi]try Maricopa in Phoenix arizona. its a little below 3k for normal delivery with or without epidural . thank me later
Thank you for the info. seen their website. Did you use the hospital?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsM: 9:17pm On Nov 25, 2012
Hi all! Can anyone recommend any hospital to give birth in either Havre de Grace,Maryland or Colorado Springs,Colorado? I'm trying to compare both for delivery next year as thats where i have friends.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by deaquellota: 10:14pm On Dec 20, 2012
Good day to all. I sincerely want to thank the administrators of this website for supplying such usefull information for all to share. It is because if the information provided in this tread that I was able to research and have my baby in the United States. As many of you already know, looking for the right information is somewhat difficult and time consuming so I was extremely pleased when I found this site and followed ALL the recommendations mentioned here that provided usefull information. It was a very good learning experience, that I hope I could share to help anyone that is trying to deliver their baby in the USA. As mentioned above all the service providers were a bit expensive given that they are situated in major cities. Maricopa in Phoenix seemed very inexpensive when I called them but does not include doctors fee, also, I felt uneasy do to the Anti-immigration laws and policy's toward immigrants in Arizona. After tremendous research, I had my delivery with doctoresparati.com and was very simple and straight forward. Im ALMOST sure that international delivery is all they do since the loby (waiting room) had a notoriously hispanic base (from Mexico I suppose). I felt at ease since they knew that I was coming from out of town with the purpose of having my baby in the USA. I dont wish to make this post too long, I just want to help with my experience since I know how difficult and intimidating it may be. I hope I was able to help with this small contribution to this website and hopefully it will help someone as it helped me. Best wishes.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by UKSA2013: 11:27pm On Jan 05, 2013
deaquellota: Good day to all. I sincerely want to thank the administrators of this website for supplying such usefull information for all to share. It is because if the information provided in this tread that I was able to research and have my baby in the United States. As many of you already know, looking for the right information is somewhat difficult and time consuming so I was extremely pleased when I found this site and followed ALL the recommendations mentioned here that provided usefull information. It was a very good learning experience, that I hope I could share to help anyone that is trying to deliver their baby in the USA. As mentioned above all the service providers were a bit expensive given that they are situated in major cities. Maricopa in Phoenix seemed very inexpensive when I called them but does not include doctors fee, also, I felt uneasy do to the immigration laws and policy's toward immigrants in Arizona. After tremendous research, I had my delivery with doctoresparati.com and was very simple and straight forward. Im ALMOST sure that international delivery is all they do since the loby (waiting room) had a notoriously hispanic base (from Mexico I suppose). I felt at ease since they knew that I was coming from out of town with the purpose of having my baby in the USA. I dont wish to make this post too long, I just want to help with my experience since I know how difficult and intimidating it may be. I hope I was able to help with this small contribution to this website and hopefully it will help someone as it helped me. Best wishes.

Hi

This thread has been amazing. I also came across the doctoresparati.com website a while back before finding this thread.
If you don't mind me asking,
1) How many weeks pregnant were you when you entered the USA
2) Where did you enter USA (eg Atlanta, NYC etc)
3) Did U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officer give you any hassles when entering USA
4) How long did it take to get a birth certificate Social Security and Passport
5) How long did you stay in the USA for

The cost of delivery etc is no issue as I have reseached that a lot my concerns are about the border entry and the above listed issues.
your reply would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in Advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by deaquellota: 2:20pm On Jan 15, 2013
Hello UKSA2013

1) I enterred the US at 37 weeks. I could not afford to stay too long and other places I called would not accept me after 5 months.
2) I enterred the US through NYC but i was told that going through houston is faster. At the time I did not know :-(
3) I did not have any problem but I did pay for my medical services ahead of time. The people at the clinic said that this procure is legal but the reason that they sometimes give you problems for delivery is because they might suspect you will not pay. So I decided to pay ahead of time so I would be able to prove that i would not leave the country without paying (this is why they they hassle some people). The clinic sent me proof of my payment.
4) The birth certificate took less than 5 weeks and the passport took another 2 weeks. This is another reason why I left at 37 weeks and this clinic was best for me.
5) in total i stay a little less than seven weeks. The service was very good for me because they already focus on international patients and understood me and made me feel comfortable. Although the majority of the patients were from Mexico, the doctor spoke English and were very friendly. The cost was the least expensive for the procedure and hotel.

I was very fearfull at the beginning but i after coming back everything went well. I am very thankfull that i was able to get all the information from this site. I will go back to the same clinic for my next baby.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsM: 4:24pm On Jan 17, 2013
hello deaquella! Thanks for your info! But i have some other questions. How easy was the hotel stay and did you have anybody with you to help you? My major problem is being alone for the birth sad as this will be my first child. Also which hotel did you stay in and how much did it cost? Thank you!

deaquellota: Hello UKSA2013

1) I enterred the US at 37 weeks. I could not afford to stay too long and other places I called would not accept me after 5 months.
2) I enterred the US through NYC but i was told that going through houston is faster. At the time I did not know :-(
3) I did not have any problem but I did pay for my medical services ahead of time. The people at the clinic said that this procure is legal but the reason that they sometimes give you problems for delivery is because they might suspect you will not pay. So I decided to pay ahead of time so I would be able to prove that i would not leave the country without paying (this is why they they hassle some people). The clinic sent me proof of my payment.
4) The birth certificate took less than 5 weeks and the passport took another 2 weeks. This is another reason why I left at 37 weeks and this clinic was best for me.
5) in total i stay a little less than seven weeks. The service was very good for me because they already focus on international patients and understood me and made me feel comfortable. Although the majority of the patients were from Mexico, the doctor spoke English and were very friendly. The cost was the least expensive for the procedure and hotel.

I was very fearfull at the beginning but i after coming back everything went well. I am very thankfull that i was able to get all the information from this site. I will go back to the same clinic for my next baby.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jt2010: 6:40pm On Jan 17, 2013
deaquellota: Hello UKSA2013

What is the cost for normal birth plz?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by deaquellota: 11:25pm On Jan 17, 2013
jt2010:

What is the cost for normal birth plz?

The delivery was a little under $5500
I think they have the prices on their website www.doctoresparati.com
MrsM: i was with my husband but I did meet a lady that was there alone. She mentioned that she had gotten a lady to help her by asking through the doctoresparati.com page. You may want to ask. The hotel I googled, I did ask them but they informed me that they are not responsible for lodging. Best wishes

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nkutet: 5:52am On Jan 25, 2013
@deaquellota, pls how much was in ur account and also what other supporting document did u submit before getting ur visa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 25, 2013
Most times they don't check documents. But you really need to convince them you will come back. That was in my own case even after telling d lady @ d embassey am going to have my baby she just asked how much I budget and didn't verify if I actually have d money. Be truthful and plain.
Good luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nkutet: 8:46am On Jan 25, 2013
@sweetg, pls how much did u tell d VO u budgeted. Did u make your hospital payment before goin there?.
Tanx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 26, 2013
I haven't even gotten a hospital then. I just told her our budget was 10k to 15k dollars. So she advised I get all payment reciepts for future visas. Wen I got to US I wasn't disturbed @ d point of entry because I had already stated my mission @ d embassy.my preg was already visible and was not wen I went for d interview, so it pays to say the truth cos it might end up affecting subsequent visas. So far u pay their bills! No wahala.
But u might want to get all necessary documents in case d Vo decides to check. Dis same VO dat issued my family visa denied like 5 candidates even after checking their doc. And she did even ask for any of ours so its luck I guess! And preparation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 26, 2013
Paying hospital bills b4 hand isn't even an insurance u will get d visa. U can make contacts with hospitals in d usa and get ur conversations printed while going to d embassy. I have seen ppl who paid hospital bills and still were denied. D VO said its legal to have ur baby in the US dey just want you to pay your bills. So if u can prove dat via ur acct statements! And ur kind of job! There shldnt be any problem.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bigcocky: 1:41pm On Jan 31, 2013
Hello all, my name is olakunle I will like to seek the house advice, My wife is two months pregnant with our first baby and I want her to deliver in the states. Can you pls advice me in detail the documents required to apply for a visa, type of visa we should apply for and how to go about it. We have both been to SA three times in the last two years, i own a trucking company in ijebu ode, taking care of the hospital bills wont be a problem. my wife is not working right now, do we stand a chance at the embassy?
Kay
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 31, 2013
Read the past post. There information on this thread already.And apply early.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.