Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Meet The *MONSTER* 0f A Man That Inspired DRACULA And See His Real Life Castle - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet The *MONSTER* 0f A Man That Inspired DRACULA And See His Real Life Castle (5039 Views)

Police Storms Alcohol-inspired Secondary School Students Sex Orgy Party (Photos) / World's First Rare White Kiwi That Inspired Children's Books Dies (Photos) / Meet The Biggest Male Student In ESUT (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The *MONSTER* 0f A Man That Inspired DRACULA And See His Real Life Castle by wearsandtrends1: 8:46pm On Oct 10, 2020
If you are a fan of Fiction, be it motion picture or print novels. You must have certainly come across the Fictional character usually identified as 'Count Dracula'.

What you may not know, is that this widely representatd Fictional character was actually inspired my a man whose atrocitieties made him a model for the Fictional character. His name according to several historical records is Vlad.

Few names have cast more terror into the human heart than Dracula. The legendary vampire, has inspired countless horror movies, television shows and other bloodcurdling tales of vampires.

Though Dracula is a purely fictional creation, the infamous character was modeled after a real person who happened to have a taste for blood: Vlad III, Prince of Wallachia or — as he is better known — Vlad the Impaler. The morbid nickname is a testament to the Wallachian prince's favorite way of dispensing with his enemies.

Asides having the same name, the two Draculas have much in common, according to historians who have studied the link between the fictional vampire count and Vlad III.

The real Dracula 'Vlad III' was born in 1431 in what is now Transylvania, the central region of modern-day Romania. However, the link between Vlad the Impaler and Transylvania is fueled by the real, historic Vlad's lifestyle in Transylvania, who also happened to live in a Castle, which has become a tourist attraction today that is often referred to as Dracula's castle. It ia believed to be the residence of the Wallachian prince.

Why they call him Dracula is because of the unusual nature he Impales his victims after killing them.

He is rumored to have killed millions of people and maimed their bodies, eaten their flesh, drank their blood. in an unusual manner of impaling them... very similar to the cannibalistic Fictional character Count Dracula.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The *MONSTER* 0f A Man That Inspired DRACULA And See His Real Life Castle by Gosj01(m): 9:29pm On Oct 10, 2020
Add links to your story!

I still sell affordable laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery.
Details on my signature
Re: Meet The *MONSTER* 0f A Man That Inspired DRACULA And See His Real Life Castle by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 10, 2020
Reminds me of dracula untold

1 Like

Re: Meet The *MONSTER* 0f A Man That Inspired DRACULA And See His Real Life Castle by Vyzz: 12:02am On Oct 11, 2020
cool
Re: Meet The *MONSTER* 0f A Man That Inspired DRACULA And See His Real Life Castle by femi4: 4:30am On Oct 11, 2020
A Dracula without canines.... Not impressed

1 Like

Re: Meet The *MONSTER* 0f A Man That Inspired DRACULA And See His Real Life Castle by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 5:49am On Oct 11, 2020
Damn

1 Like

Re: Meet The *MONSTER* 0f A Man That Inspired DRACULA And See His Real Life Castle by MJluv(f): 5:57am On Oct 11, 2020
Even Dracula himself will be shocked if he sees what the modern day man does to his fellow man now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The *MONSTER* 0f A Man That Inspired DRACULA And See His Real Life Castle by ashybabs(m): 6:02am On Oct 11, 2020
femi4:
u better be blood

pun intended cool
Re: Meet The *MONSTER* 0f A Man That Inspired DRACULA And See His Real Life Castle by blessedchild234(m): 6:09am On Oct 11, 2020
Son of the dragon.

1 Like

Re: Meet The *MONSTER* 0f A Man That Inspired DRACULA And See His Real Life Castle by chinwe74548: 7:00am On Oct 11, 2020
Even Dracula himself will be shocked if he sees what the modernization week wowoman does to his colleagues wowoman now.

1 Like

Re: Meet The *MONSTER* 0f A Man That Inspired DRACULA And See His Real Life Castle by Obakashdee(m): 7:58am On Oct 11, 2020
You go fear Dracula

1 Like

Re: Meet The *MONSTER* 0f A Man That Inspired DRACULA And See His Real Life Castle by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 11, 2020
OP, your post contains some exaggerations about Vlad the Impaler. I hope you know that?

That part about his "drinking the blood of his victims" and eating their flesh(as you put it) is most likely false. There is still a debate on it.

You might want to go through this article. Number 7 sort of buttresses my point.

https://listverse.com/2016/08/25/10-misconceptions-surrounding-the-real-dracula/

This is not to say the man wasn't mean or brutal but saying he indulged in drinking blood and eating human flesh(cannibalism) has got to be the severest of exaggerations.

Besides, a vast majority of his enemies were those who had attempted to invade his kingdom- e.g. the Ottomans, a people who had maltreated him as a child while he was imprisoned in their country.

So, I guess they say all is fair in war, right? So, impaling them sort of falls under the rule of engagement.

But on the whole a lot of things written about him are either exaggerated or downright myths and/or inaccuracies.
In other words, his story was largely sensationalised.

That fact must never be lost on us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The *MONSTER* 0f A Man That Inspired DRACULA And See His Real Life Castle by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 11, 2020
mansakhalifa:
OP, your post contains some exaggerations about Vlad the Impaler. I hope you know that?

That part about his "drinking the blood of his victims" and eating their flesh(as you put it) is most likely false. There is still a debate on it.

You might want to go through this article. Number 7 sort of buttresses my point.

https://listverse.com/2016/08/25/10-misconceptions-surrounding-the-real-dracula/

This is not to say the man wasn't mean or brutal but saying he indulged in drinking blood and eating human flesh(cannibalism) has got to be the severest of exaggerations.

Besides, a vast majority of his enemies were those who had attempted to invade his kingdom- e.g. the Ottomans, a people who had maltreated him as a child while he was imprisoned in their country.

So, I guess they say all is fair in war, right? So, impaling them sort of falls under the rule of engagement.

But on the whole a lot of things written about him are either exaggerated or downright myths and/or inaccuracies.

He killed innocent people damn it, though op is wrong about the number of people he killed (he killed about 15,000 - 100,000 people) but the man staked women with their babies together, even when the ottomans were seeking for a truce he killed the messengers simply because they refused to bow to him, this man poisoned the wells of towns he did not want to fall to the ottomans thereby killing innocent people in the process, he was a monster, simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The *MONSTER* 0f A Man That Inspired DRACULA And See His Real Life Castle by sureteeboy(m): 9:48am On Oct 11, 2020
Reminds me of the animated film Hotel Transylvania 1-3 grin

1 Like

Re: Meet The *MONSTER* 0f A Man That Inspired DRACULA And See His Real Life Castle by ashybabs(m): 11:10am On Oct 11, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Re: Meet The *MONSTER* 0f A Man That Inspired DRACULA And See His Real Life Castle by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 11, 2020
femi4:
He's a legend . Dracul,,,son of devil was his nickname. I hope you know vampires exist in Romania,,some have no long canines
Re: Meet The *MONSTER* 0f A Man That Inspired DRACULA And See His Real Life Castle by Texman21: 7:04pm On Oct 11, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
Reminds me of dracula untold
when will they do the part two

Re: Meet The *MONSTER* 0f A Man That Inspired DRACULA And See His Real Life Castle by ThreeEyedRaven: 7:43pm On Oct 11, 2020
smiley Beautiful history

(1) (Reply)

Unilag Change Of Course List,out! / Meanwhile, Back In Osun State This Is How OAU Students Sometimes Get Water. / 8 Facts You Might Not Know About The Testicles (male Reproductive Organ).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.