Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? (8834 Views)

Slay Queen Gives Life To Christ, Burns Her Make-Ups, Wigs & Trousers (Photos) / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... / Pastor Adeboye Visits Samoa, Head Of State And Others Give Life To Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by annyplenty(m): 3:17pm On Oct 11, 2020
Kobojunkie:
How is that the truth? Can you please express the claim you made of KNOWing the truth.

Are you a lawyer, Nairajunkie? Must you always interrogate spiritual matters as if you are in law court?
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by KLand(m): 3:45pm On Oct 11, 2020
Just do what the Bible says:

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9.

Someone have the ABC principle:

1. A - accept Jesus in to your life.
2. B - believe that you are saved with all your heart.
3. C - confess that you are saved by faith.

If you still have doubts, you can DM me.
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by sonmvayina(m): 3:50pm On Oct 11, 2020
Exmilitant:
listen, Jesus is the most powerful force in the universe! Very few people on earth has access to that power!

If that was true..you think the white man will give it to you?
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by olowolekan(m): 4:22pm On Oct 11, 2020
The genuine way to give your life to Christ is to accept first that without Jesus ,you can do nothing .Then acknowledge your sins and and ask for pardon believing in the Blood of Jesus Christ, shed for the remission of sin .Then humble yourself and pray with contrition of heart until a work of grace is wrought in your heart.You will know when the work is done and the Spirit of God will bear witness with your spirit that you are now a child of God. if you need more information, let me know
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by nencounter10: 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2020
friezerna:
Please help!! how do I genuinely give my life to Christ. I know the truth.
please help me

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

To give your life to Christ genuinely what you must confess with your mouth Jesus as your Lord and believe in your that God rose him from the dead on your behalf.

Say the following prayer sincerely and your life would be given to Christ :

"I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord, I believe that God raised him from the dead on my behalf.

If you have said the prayer your life is now given to Christ.You are now born again.

Congratulations!
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by Laurelita(f): 4:30pm On Oct 11, 2020
friezerna:
please help me
look my brother, close your ears to every person who want to disuade you from the truth of Christ you know. The Spirit of God is stirring your heart and causing your conscience to come alive. You must choose to genuinly love and desire God not minding the strong current of sin. In your room, sit, stand, or lay prostrate, whichever and cry out to God. Tell Jesus to reveal himself to you and change you. Tell the Lord how strongly you need Him in you life. Confess every known sin word for word. If you are sincere, what happened to me will happen to you. YOU WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN.
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by Laurelita(f): 4:34pm On Oct 11, 2020
When you have done as i stated above please pray and ask God to show you a living church you will be receiving the undiluted Word of God from. God bless you
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by Kei144(m): 4:34pm On Oct 11, 2020
friezerna:
please help me

Jn. 3:5 Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, no-one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.

Mk. 16:15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.
Mk. 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptised will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Ac. 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptised, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Ac. 19:1 While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul took the road through the interior and arrived at Ephesus. There he found some disciples
Ac. 19:2 and asked them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” They answered, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”
Ac. 19:3 So Paul asked, “Then what baptism did you receive?” “John’s baptism,” they replied.
Ac. 19:4 Paul said, “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.”
Ac. 19:5 On hearing this, they were baptised into [Or in] the name of the Lord Jesus.
Ac. 19:6 When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues [Or other languages] and prophesied.

In summary, locate a minister of the gospel that is full of the Holy Spirit and submit yourself to him for baptism into Jesus Christ in water and in the Spirit.
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by prepresh(f): 4:36pm On Oct 11, 2020
[quote author=friezerna post=94819109]Please help!! how do I genuinely give my life to Christ. I know the truth.
please help me
[confess Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal Savior, study the Bible, not just reading but reading and meditating, attend Bible believing church, keep off from bad influence, pray regularly. How to know a Bible believing church; they don't end their services without calling for altar call.] May God help you to achieve your heart desires.
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by MrColdsweat: 4:44pm On Oct 11, 2020
tobechi74:
I experienced similar ordeal until
I began to read the Bible for myself instead of waiting for pastor sermon.
Things began to change the moment I began to read the Bible. I discovered more ethical issues. God servant instructing wild animals to devor children for mocking his bald head. I remembered my youngest brother had earlier mocked my granddad for having wrinkled face. My grand dad laughed at the boy . If he could wave such aside without getting angry,why would a prophet of God kill children for such? While I was battling with the best way to make sence of this? The story of God killing the man who tried to save the ark of the covenant disturbed my spirit. By now, you must have guessed that I have a phobia for violence and death.

The numerous death stories made me anxious that I stopped reading old testament and concentrated on new testament. The Gospel God was a God of Love, compassion and forgiveness.I found it impossible to reconcile the two. It is either they are two different gods or one God who repented . I prefer to go by my third explanation + MAN PERCEPTION OF GOD CHANGED OVER THE YEARS. The old testament toman perceived God the same way they perceived their elders- one to be obeyed blindly and feared. Jesus saw God as a friend to be loved and treated as equal to oneself . Jesus philosophy seemed to resonate with me.

As I studied further, I realized a variation in the teaching of Paul. Jesus seemed to break down patriarchy. Paul supported patriarchy. Jesus taught faith and works as requirement for salvation. Paul promoted only works. I am saddled with the same task of reconciling the two.

I chose to stick with a mentor. It is easier than for a growing child to combine series of mentors and trying to find a middle line amidst the cobtrafiction. No two individual think exactly in the same way. ..Jesus is the mentor . . His philosophy is more humanistic.
Focus more on Jesus and less on the Bible to give your life to Jesus

https://tobechispeaks./2020/10/10/religion-vs-spirituality-what-is-the-difference/

May God bless you for this.

I focus mostly on the sayings of Christ.

Paul did well in reshaping Christianity but most times, his style of writing is difficult to understand. I'm still going through his epistles tho. Hopefully I'll get a good grip on Christianity from the theological and ethical perspective.
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by philipnero1419: 4:50pm On Oct 11, 2020
osato45:
Stay away from sin,
Pray always
Attend a bible believing church
Show God's love to those around you

Is there any church that doesn't believe in the Bible? if there is, then it is not to be called a church
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by philipnero1419: 4:52pm On Oct 11, 2020
[quote author=prepresh post=94838510][/quote
some people are very funny, is there a church that believes in the Koran? you guys should make sense about salvation and not about church this church that.
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by Exmilitant(m): 5:22pm On Oct 11, 2020
sonmvayina:

If that was true..you think the white man will give it to you?
Enough of all these whiteman crap! Who is the white man? The Jews who where killed for their beliefs? The Romans who forcefuly converted all of Europe? The Portuguise who brought the practice of witchcraft alongside catholicism to Africa or the English who came for business? My brother, Jesus exists as a mighty spirit being. Never mind the white man Africa hosted Jesus before them. Africa taught the white man christianity. Do your findings.
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by doubleportion: 5:24pm On Oct 11, 2020
Exmilitant:
Nah, you will only be fed with dogmas, bias and will emerge a sentimental person if you gather with them religious folks nothing there! Now how hard is it to grow enlighten on your own?
Ok! I get you! Before you will be able to do right judgement and sieve good from bad knowledge, you still need to know everything, before you get to that level of maturity. I perfectly understand where you're coming from, just don't know whether you get my points.
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by MrColdsweat: 5:27pm On Oct 11, 2020
There are several approaches to being born again. I am an ex-atheist and i also come from a philosophical background so I'll give you my own approach. Before I converted fully to Christianity I did intensive research about Christ. In hermetism and other occultic practices, They claim christ is not a person but a stage or a level of spirituality/consciousness where the only emotions you have in your heart is love and compassion. They are wrong about Christ not being a person but we can agree that Christ in the bible is all about love and compassion.

This definition is enough to live right(righteousness). Have love and compassion in your heart. But for you to deeply understand Christianity and to fully appreciate it, you have to research on the history of Christianity and also research on love.

Reading the bible and studying the words of Christ and Paul is not enough. I urge you to go deeper. Read the works of christian thinkers like st. Anslem, st Augustine, Thomas Aquinas, st. Bernard and you'll understand other concepts like faith, grace etc.

When you read how our early Christian fathers were gruesomely killed in the Colosseum in thousands just for their faith, how the romam emperors were committing genocide on christians just because christians outperformed tge state in terms of social welfare, you'll understand why apostle Paul was sending those letters to encourage them.

The history of Christianity is important if you want to fully understand and appreciate Christianity. You have to understand that for 300 years after the death of Christ, thousands of people were killed just for you to know this man called Christ. When you read this history, I bet you, you'll be remorse and you'll practice Christianity with your whole heart.

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by Exmilitant(m): 5:53pm On Oct 11, 2020
doubleportion:

Ok! I get you! Before you will be able to do right judgement and sieve good from bad knowledge, you still need to know everything, before you get to that level of maturity. I perfectly understand where you're coming from, just don't know whether you get my points.
you don't only differentiate good money from bad money by holding both in your hands. You can also do that by studying the qualities and characteristics of good money and you can become an expert in detecting fake and real money at a glance with this method. I told you in my first mention to make a wide research on the man Jesus, his philosophy, mode of living, working, talking, teachings, eating and dealings with fellow humans. I will tell you about spiritual powers privately, and why Jesus should be embraced immediately! Its not easy though, but you can!
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by sonmvayina(m): 5:55pm On Oct 11, 2020
Exmilitant:
Enough of all these whiteman crap! Who is the white man? The Jews who where killed for their beliefs? The Romans who forcefuly converted all of Europe? The Portuguise who brought the practice of witchcraft alongside catholicism to Africa or the English who came for business? My brother, Jesus exists as a mighty spirit being. Never mind the white man Africa hosted Jesus before them. Africa taught the white man christianity. Do your findings.

Lol...Christianity is alien to Africa...and Africans...Christianity was created in Nicea on the order of emperior Constantine..he wanted a single religion for his empire..
We worshipped The creator of the universe under different names through the forces of nature..
It is an abomination for an African to think that the creator impregnated another mans wife to have a son...
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by MrColdsweat: 5:58pm On Oct 11, 2020
[s]
sonmvayina:

Lol...Christianity is alien to Africa...and Africans...Christianity was created in Nicea on the order of emperior Constantine..he wanted a single religion for his empire..
We worshipped The creator of the universe under different names through the forces of nature..
It is an abomination for an African to think that the creator impregnated another mans wife to have a son...
[/s]

Christianity is far older than Constantine. Infact, God used Constantine to stop the persecution of Christians and elevate Christianity as the true religion of the roman empire before the catholic hijacked Christianity.

Persecution of Christians started immediately Christ died. It intensified under emperor Nero in 64 A.D

Constantine converted in 313 A.D

You atheists should actually study before you spew trash online.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians_in_the_Roman_Empire
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by Elgaxton(m): 6:02pm On Oct 11, 2020
friezerna:
please help me
Very simple. Romans 10:
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Pray this prayer now:

Dear Father, I know that I am a sinner, I believe you sent Jesus to die for my sins and that He rose up on the third day for my justification. I confess that Jesus is the Lord of my life and I am born again and I am saved right now. Thank you for loving me.
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by Exmilitant(m): 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2020
sonmvayina:

I don't know how you get your info... But the early church fathers, Augustine, Tertullian, Cyprain, Felix etc all came from Egypt and Carthage present day Tunisia and Ethiopia. These were men who laid the foundation of the Latin church and present day christianity. You can get your facts right in the world wide web instead of arguing blindly. And my belief in Jesus and his birth is not the same with what you have in the Bible!

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by Mosco100(m): 6:23pm On Oct 11, 2020
Repent from your sins, believe the gospel and be baptized in water.
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by sparkleboy(m): 6:29pm On Oct 11, 2020
Recognize your sinfulness and your helplessness in self righteousness

Believe that there is no salvation in any other except Jesus Christ
The Bible said all have sinned and come short of the glory of God

Believe that the death of Christ was the payment for your past evil.

Confess Jesus Christ as your savior

Confess your sin and repent from them.

The devil would always come to try to make you doubt the salvation, but don't allow the doubt to settle

Ask God for grace to overcome temptation

Renounce and Restitute past sins
Get Baptized by immersion
Grow in Grace

Friezerna
Friezerna
Friezerna
Friezerna
Friezerna
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by sonmvayina(m): 6:36pm On Oct 11, 2020
Exmilitant:
I don't know how you get your info... But the early church fathers, Augustine, Tertullian, Cyprain, Felix etc all came from Egypt and Carthage present day Tunisia and Ethiopia. These were men who laid the foundation of the Latin church and present day christianity. You can get your facts right in the world wide web instead of arguing blindly. And my belief in Jesus and his birth is not the same with what you have in the Bible!

What is the purpose of the belief?..to what end ?..did any prophet ever asked anyone to believe in the messiah as against obeying the laws of God?
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by Exmilitant(m): 6:51pm On Oct 11, 2020
sonmvayina:

What is the purpose of the belief?..to what end ?..did any prophet ever asked anyone to believe in the messiah as against obeying the laws of God?
There you go again! I said i am following Christ teachings period! I don't belief in any prophet and their laws and their god. Just trying to follow the WAY taught by Christ.
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by sonmvayina(m): 7:14pm On Oct 11, 2020
Exmilitant:
There you go again! I said i am following Christ teachings period! I don't belief in any prophet and their laws and their god. Just trying to follow the WAY taught by Christ.

And you keep missing the point..Gods laws says do not have any other god before me..go to the creator directly ..jesus is not an authority..the ONLY authority is God..and all he wants is to obey his laws...no more no less..any other thing is paganism..
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by Kobojunkiee: 7:15pm On Oct 11, 2020
friezerna, I see many of the ratpack have shown up to suggest that you join them in the same dance that over a billion people in the world today are engaged in, in the name of Christianity. I hope whatever wisdom drives you here to ask your initial question will keep you from falling for much of what you have read so far.

If you claim to know the truth, then you would also know the answer to what you asked but since you have yet to tell us what "Truth" you indeed know, I cannot say exactly where you are in your search for the Truth that is Jesus Christ. There are over a billion ways to get lost on this journey you seem to be on, and only one way to get to where you seek, so be careful!
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by sonmvayina(m): 7:17pm On Oct 11, 2020
MrColdsweat:
[s][/s]

Christianity is far older than Constantine. Infact, God used Constantine to stop the persecution of Christians and elevate Christianity as the true religion of the roman empire before the catholic hijacked Christianity.

Persecution of Christians started immediately Christ died. It intensified under emperor Nero in 64 A.D

Constantine converted in 313 A.D

You atheists should actually study before you spew trash online.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians_in_the_Roman_Empire

They gathered in Nicea to determine the relationship between Enki and Marduk,it was Athanasius who said he was both god and man in other to satisfy both faction..and Eusebius forged a history for him....using ancient tales about Marduk..Marduk is the son of Enki..

There was never a Jesus..
The messiah god promised the Jews was from the roots of David and is not a demi god..
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2020
oyibotat:
Private mail only: uchekess@gmail.com. Let's talk about Christ and Christianity
cool
oyibotat:
Private mail only: uchekess@gmail.com. Let's talk about Christ and Christianity
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by alutaola(m): 8:28pm On Oct 11, 2020
Hi friend.
Am seeking your opinion on this project, who and what do you think is responsible for student failures in the University setting
*WHO*
1) LECTURER
2) STUDENTS
3) LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
Am working on a term paper survey, I will really appreciate your view.
Please state answer with either *yes* or *No* with brief explanation.
How do you think you can solve the problem, you have chosen.
Thanks
Future19
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by MrColdsweat: 8:57pm On Oct 11, 2020
sonmvayina:

They gathered in Nicea to determine the relationship between Enki and Marduk,it was Athanasius who said he was both god and man in other to satisfy both faction..and Eusebius forged a history for him....using ancient tales about Marduk..Marduk is the son of Enki..

There was never a Jesus..
The messiah god promised the Jews was from the roots of David and is not a demi god..
You're seeing an article which will also refer you to other articles so that you can get a good understanding of Christian history and you're still arguing. Smh
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by ArchAngelos999: 9:23pm On Oct 11, 2020
there a lot you need to understand but I'll just drop one and if it piques your interest then ask me to continue.

God does not, cannot and will not kill or endorse killing. areas I'm the Bible where it purports God to kill was the writer's ignorance

1 John 1:5
[5]This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Luke 9:53-56
[53]And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.
[54]And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
[55]But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
[56]For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

tobechi74:
I experienced similar ordeal until
I began to read the Bible for myself instead of waiting for pastor sermon.
Things began to change the moment I began to read the Bible. I discovered more ethical issues. God servant instructing wild animals to devor children for mocking his bald head. I remembered my youngest brother had earlier mocked my granddad for having wrinkled face. My grand dad laughed at the boy . If he could wave such aside without getting angry,why would a prophet of God kill children for such? While I was battling with the best way to make sence of this? The story of God killing the man who tried to save the ark of the covenant disturbed my spirit. By now, you must have guessed that I have a phobia for violence and death.

The numerous death stories made me anxious that I stopped reading old testament and concentrated on new testament. The Gospel God was a God of Love, compassion and forgiveness.I found it impossible to reconcile the two. It is either they are two different gods or one God who repented . I prefer to go by my third explanation + MAN PERCEPTION OF GOD CHANGED OVER THE YEARS. The old testament toman perceived God the same way they perceived their elders- one to be obeyed blindly and feared. Jesus saw God as a friend to be loved and treated as equal to oneself . Jesus philosophy seemed to resonate with me.

As I studied further, I realized a variation in the teaching of Paul. Jesus seemed to break down patriarchy. Paul supported patriarchy. Jesus taught faith and works as requirement for salvation. Paul promoted only works. I am saddled with the same task of reconciling the two.

I chose to stick with a mentor. It is easier than for a growing child to combine series of mentors and trying to find a middle line amidst the cobtrafiction. No two individual think exactly in the same way. ..Jesus is the mentor . . His philosophy is more humanistic.
Focus more on Jesus and less on the Bible to give your life to Jesus

https://tobechispeaks./2020/10/10/religion-vs-spirituality-what-is-the-difference/
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by sonmvayina(m): 10:13pm On Oct 11, 2020
MrColdsweat:

You're seeing an article which will also refer you to other articles so that you can get a good understanding of Christian history and you're still arguing. Smh

It is propaganda....how do you know they are not lying..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? / Everyone Pray For Sonofluc1fer Who's On NAIRALAND, He Is POSSESSED.. / How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.