Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,394 members, 7,781,132 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:31 AM

FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS (31949 Views)

FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary / FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU / Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by EtteP(m): 9:44am On Oct 11, 2020
These people have made up their minds to completely destroy the public university system.

Is this what a professors takes home in the universities that their own children do attend?

342,000 per month (less than $1,000) after about 20 years in service, and so many promotions.

This is just the end of the public university in Nigeria.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by s4short: 9:44am On Oct 11, 2020
Abouwaza:
Ask your fada

Lmao �����
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by seyilabi(m): 9:48am On Oct 11, 2020
EricBloodAxe:
Wonder why the president, governors, sinators and representathieves are not being paid through IPPIS.
Ode
Government officials tenure only last for 4 years, while all government workers remained till they retire. sebi u don understand now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by Alexun(m): 9:48am On Oct 11, 2020
Picardor2:
Guy I think na u dey yarn Nonsense. Hospitals are on ippis. Most government mdas are on it and they are not complaining. Lecturers no gree becos of dem selfish interest. They want to chop here and there. Thieves. pls stop defending a wrong thing. Na why we dey always go backward for this country. Nonsense

I believe I made myself clear enough if your intelligence can handle simple statements. Simply meet up with lecturers you know and seek information on what the real issue is all about. Mind you, many of we students are blinded at the fact that not everyone can afford a private university's tuition fees. The presidency and most politicians don't have their wards in public Universities. They have stakes in private Universities...so the more the students there, the better it is for the FG.

Why do you think resident doctors went on strike more than once within COVID-19 period and got their demands met? Because "they" couldn't travel out of the country, thereby the necessity to give what they usually delay for months before. Education is not a priority as it seems now. My concern is for the average Nigerian student, who has no other alternative than to wait for stability to be restored.

Shalom!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by samuelpeters(m): 9:52am On Oct 11, 2020
This ASUU strike is two faced. Sincerely I don't know what ASUU is really fighting for.
Is it IPPIS, autonomy or revitalization of universities.
It seems they are really loud With the IPPIS issue.

FG is not being sincere at all. its not like I'm supporting ASUU but FG should look for a way to settle this issue.
Since ASUU has proposed an alternative, why not look at it and come up with a conclusion on what to do.

ASUU should look for other means to hold FG by the balls rather than using this 1970 old trick. These incessant strike is really Killing what they claim they are fighting for(education). Education in nigeria is not really attractive anymore due to these strike here and there.

Students on the other hand should look for what to do rather than waste away at home.
Look for a job even if its 5k(just to keep body and soul together), Learn a skill(this one will require money but if you have the money start now) or if your course has an IT attached to it look for one and intern there. Just engage yourself in something productive.
Anytime ASUU and FG decide to call it a truce you will be glad you didn't waste all your time doing nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by MT: 9:54am On Oct 11, 2020
Most ASUU members are NOT fit for purpose or use. Most people with academic titles ,like professors and Dr. are not qualified for such titles, it's "man-know-man". Nigerians must stand with the FG on this.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by MT: 9:59am On Oct 11, 2020
EtteP:
These people have made up their minds to completely destroy the public university system.

Is this what a professors takes home in the universities that their own children do attend?

342,000 per month (less than $1,000) after about 20 years in service, and so many promotions.

FG is even being gracious. What is the relevance of most of these so called professors - paper tigers. Most of their colleagues are pioneering mind blowing inventions which they patent. They should go and sit down somewhere. What they are good at is sleeping with girls on campus.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by ThatFairGuy1: 10:04am On Oct 11, 2020
Abouwaza:
So school is not resuming anytime soon
Nah thunder go faya Buhari
Be using your head Mr Man, don't show the World who you truly are.

No IPPIS, No Salary

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by oluDharay(m): 10:08am On Oct 11, 2020
bluefilm:

But why do you people keep on writing it as ASSU?

Is it that you people don't have good eyesight at all?

Or that you people are just plainly ignorant and _dumb or something?

It's ASUU for Christ's sake. lipsrsealed

A S U U: Academic Staff Union of Universities!!!

Thanks, typo error

3 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by anonimi: 10:12am On Oct 11, 2020
quentin06:
I can tell you that the lecturers in the US though they earn better than their Nigerian counterparts earn less that the US senators and Hollywood stars go figure.

Why are you so confused and trying to confuse others?
What is the total package of the highest paid American lecturers compared to the total package of the American president?
That is what I am talking about.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by 21cents: 10:34am On Oct 11, 2020
anonimi:

Why won’t Barawo Bubu destroy our education further.
An incompetent failure has no qualms doing that.

what education are they destroying? the ones they've received since Jonathan's era what have they done with it and what changes have they brought to our universities??

na even payment issue Dem dey fight for now and I don't see ASUU winning cis ASUU can never be bigger than FG.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by trilacos: 10:35am On Oct 11, 2020
Alexun:

I believe I made myself clear enough if your intelligence can handle simple statements. Simply meet up with lecturers you know and seek information on what the real issue is all about. Mind you, many of we students are blinded at the fact that not everyone can afford a private university's tuition fees. The presidency and most politicians don't have their wards in public Universities. They have stakes in private Universities...so the more the students there, the better it is for the FG.

Why do you think resident doctors went on strike more than once within COVID-19 period and got their demands met? Because "they" couldn't travel out of the country, thereby the necessity to give what they usually delay for months before. Education is not a priority as it seems now. My concern is for the average Nigerian student, who has no other alternative than to wait for stability to be restored.

Shalom!!!
tell us the real issue or keep shut!stop writing nonsense.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by 21cents: 10:50am On Oct 11, 2020
EtteP:

They're not fighting for low pay but IPPIS. they're FGs employee wether they like it or not and FG has the right to dictate how they want lecturers to be paid. any lecturer not in tune with it can resign for all we care.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 11, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
Be using your head Mr Man, don't show the World who you truly are.

No IPPIS, No Salary
Stop qouting me u this slowpoke

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by EricBloodAxe: 11:06am On Oct 11, 2020
seyilabi:

Ode
Government officials tenure only last for 4 years, while all government workers remained till they retire. sebi u don understand now?
Mumu shey them no dey collect monthly salary too as public servants. Your brain must be missing.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by AniwetaluEmma(m): 11:11am On Oct 11, 2020
This is the last minute ditch to coarse dogged ASUU member to register with IPPIS. The fact remains that people don't understand how that Union work. That is the union of intellectuals who are ready die for what they believe be in. ASUU took on Abacha in military regime let alone Buhari in democratic setting. ASUU is ready to close school down until Buhari leave office.
ASUU is not a union your threaten with non payment of salary.
If IPPIS is good why are other sister unions in the university who have enrolled backing out.
NASU, SANU and NAAT are on warning strike now.
If you are a lecturer, don't be cowed by this news. Stick with the Union. Victory is sure!

4 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by naptha: 11:20am On Oct 11, 2020
We will know how dogged ASUU members are on Monday. A visit to OAGF in Abuja might shock u. Mass sack looms
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by Firespitterz: 11:21am On Oct 11, 2020
Abouwaza:

Stop qouting me u this slowpoke

Lol.. E say na slowpoke. Haha
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by intruder15(m): 11:24am On Oct 11, 2020
amerengues:
It is well

The Fed Government always use their might to intimidate and coerce people who doesn’t dance to their tunes. Police killing peaceful EndSars protest; Arresting Revolution protesters; And highest paid idle legislators now intimidating and stopping salaries of Meagerly paid lecturers who are the lowest paid in the world.

When I was a student, I didn’t realize what ASUU was fighting for because I wanted to graduate on time. Today, nothing has changed neither improved from the same institutions that fought in the past. NLC and others chickened out but this is the only institution that fights to the last

The little evident improvement, if any, is the fight and struggles of heroes past. There has never been a time when students fight Government for better education in this country because we all want to graduate on time which I always wished for too at that time. Now our kith and kins are suffering the same fate.

Students being in an overcrowded classrooms
No infrastructural developements
Decaying educational standards
Some private school teachers earn more than PhD holders.
Politicians earning fat with little contribution to the economy.
Rickety and old fashioned libraries that can’t match up some African standard let alone international standard.

Put ASUU to shame- since that’s what we want from a propaganda lord. Salaries has been stopped for some from March while some from June.

How will you be negotiating better education for over 20 years in a country earning fat from oil?

Let us put ASUU to shame and resume

Status quo remains the same.

Your position on the issue at hand is not clear. Are you saying the government should continue giving them money so the universities individually pay the workers? How will that method expose ghost workers?

The federal government has failed in several aspect but their stand in this issue is more sensible than what ASUU is saying. Why should a body bully her employer? What's bad in enrolling in IPPIS that will expose those collecting double salaries and ghost workers from the system?

Enlighten me please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 11, 2020
Abouwaza:
So school is not resuming anytime soon
Nah thunder go faya Buhari

Direct your anger to the right place
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 11, 2020
anonimi:

Why are you so confused and trying to confuse others?
What is the total package of the highest paid American lecturers compared to the total package of the American president?
That is what I am talking about.

You re the one who is confused, the president earns more than any lecturer there, facts are facts, throwing tantrums won't alter them.

Facts fact leave verbal abuse for idiots unless you re one.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by kingi777: 11:44am On Oct 11, 2020
https://dailytrust.com/university-labour-crises-oh-ibrahim-gambari-come-to-judgement

Open

Prof. Ibrahim Agboola Gambari, President Buhari’s Chief of Staff

OPINION

University Labour Crises: Oh Ibrahim Gambari, Come To Judgement!

OCTOBER 7, 2020 AT 6:26:03 AM

MOHAMMED BELLO YUNUSA 

Dear Prof Ibrahim Gambari
With due respect sir, I greet you and wish you well at all times as always. I am writing this to you as a citizen who is concerned about posterity as history does not end today. Not to think of posterity is to write off history and tomorrow as non-existent. I know tomorrow will come. When it does, I wish I will be noted to have stood for public universities by saying something when it was so desired. The institution of IPPIS in the Federal Civil Service and more specifically the universities do not portend a bright tomorrow for public universities in Nigeria.

I have chosen to address this letter to you for a number of reasons. The university system is your primary constituency where you worked and earned your credits from about the mid-1970s. Secondly, of the Professors on the corridor, you are the most senior because you taught my contemporaries like John Ayam and Andrew Ohwona among others. You may as well have taught the Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbanjo as my contemporary graduate of 1979. Thirdly, you represent sound academic and diplomacy and these are significant credentials of dignity. Added to these, you are an elder statesman with bright credentials enough to earn the listening ears of any leader anywhere. Finally, as the Chief of Staff to the President, you are in complete control of the engine room of national governance. You are thus the best suited to resolve the imbroglio our universities and academics have found themselves.

To disabuse your mind, the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has several drawbacks and has not lived up to expectations. The union has remained aloof and oblivious of the ills that have eaten deep into the universities in this country. Yes, the union has not reacted to issues of maladministration, moral scandals, pillaging of university resources, and the stench of ethnic cum religious parochialism that dominate university decisions on recruitment of staff and students and appointments to the various portfolio that are sometimes the prerogative of vice-chancellors.

Furthermore, the union has no business and right in determining how it can be paid for its labour. However, it  has a right to express dissatisfaction with the ways its members are paid. Salaries grade levels and taxes are known. Why then should salaries change like the Swedish weather when work details remain far more constant than the northern star? Workers’ attempt to answer this question has the potential to generate industrial disharmony. This is where ASUU has found itself with the federal government.

With the solemn humility of a schoolchild, sir, the purpose of this letter is the issue of the Integrated Personnel Payment Information System (IPPIS). The federal government as proprietors of the universities can and should have a final say in the determination of how its workers in Ministries,  Departments and Agencies (MDAs) are paid but with due respect to the laws of the land. The IPPIS, a product of public sector reform, is apparently an outsourced facility to pay workers of the federal government on very suspicious grounds. That the IPPIS has operated for 11 years and it is still having teething problems calls for worries.

The IPPIS has become a nightmare to Nigerian workers, and more specifically, the Nigerian university system. Efforts to locate the similitudes of IPPIS across the world have proved futile. Yet, heads of MDAs and supervisory boards or Councils have remained aloof except for the Committee of Vice -Chancellors.  The delegation of the Committee led by Professor Yahuza Bello, then Vice-Chancellor of Bayero University Kano only got an embarrassing, if not insulting, monosyllable response from the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF). This raises the issue of the job details of our AGF.  Should the AGF pay workers’ salaries or disbursed monies to agencies to pay their workers?

In the first instance, it is argued that the system is corrupt. Too much is lost to personnel costs. Thus, there is a need to save money. This argument is far from it. The universities, like all agencies, have financial management structures and procedures guided by specific laws. It will be interesting to see the internal and external audit reports that point to personnel costs as the black hole in university finances. Most interesting to see is where and how applications of rules to control the losses have failed to necessitate the installation of another system called IPPIS. Most institutions in this country have no audited accounts for several years. The employees are not responsible for this and should not be made to bear the brunt.

The poor or apparent lack of ideas of the public sector by international consultants has produced this obnoxious policy. All workers constantly receive varying salaries from month to month or do not get paid at all. Without promotion, demotion, or sack salaries go up, down or are not paid depending on the temperament of IPPIS.  In the universities, staff that were enrolled are either short paid, over paid or never paid. There are enrolled staff that have received only one month’s salary from February to date. Yet, it is not the business of the IPPIS consultants with servers in New York and a substation in Gombe to listen to complaints. The one-man desk officer in charge of salaries for over 40 universities is not in the mood to listen to and work with bursary departments. The staff of MDAs are more like slaves rather than citizens in their own country as they do not know who to run to and where. Should people leave their posts from Maiduguri, Sokoto, Calabar, or even Minna to Abuja to resolve issues of over, under or non-payment? It is a horror to imagine this but pressures that come with such case can potentially open ways for corrupt inducement. It should not be so in our current dispensation.

The worst case is that of the unrepentant conscience of the society that refused to be enrolled. This group of ASUU members are sabotaging commission agents and are never to be paid a dime even if they work out their ass. They are saboteurs of “the more that enrolled, the higher the commission” philosophy of IPPIS.  But even this category is to be paid based on the directive of our President, Muhammadu Buhari.

At the peak of the COVID-19 lockdown, the president directed payment of salaries of all striking university teachers. The un-enrolled members of ASUU were put on the IPPIS platform. Some were paid four months up to the month of June, some one month and many more were not paid at all. For whatever reasons, the hitherto un-enrolled were removed from the IPPIS payment platform in July. But this has already exposed the inadequacies of IPPIS as a fool and corruption proof device for managing public resources. The incident revealed to the over assuming public that anyone anywhere can be put on the IPPIS and paid salaries for as long as the operators desire. Thus, the IPPIS is not a veritable public finance management device. All claim that monies have been saved is false and dubious.

The IPPIS has not displayed the expected integrity and transparency. It has not lived up to expectations. Worse still, the operators have refused to work with bursary units of universities.  The Nigerians that operate this business must be asked to tarry a little to allow the servers to cool off.  The IPPIS requires review and exploration of alternatives.

Sir, the suffering of Nigerian workers including academics is not worth the IPPIS. The wasting away of Nigerian youth due to closure of universities is not worth the gains of  the IPPIS. The entire cost of the IPPIS on the national economy is not worth the IPPIS. You need to put this before our principal and visitor to the universities. I sincerely crave your indulgence that you please ask for more details on the operation and operators of the IPPIS in Nigeria.

I urge you to obtain and implement a suspension of the IPPIS operations in its entirety.  This makes room for a rigorous scrutiny of a project that has failed to perform for eleven years. In the interim, return payments of salaries to the MDAs. Thereafter, proceed to demand internal and external audit reports from the MDAs for a period suitable. On the basis of reports from the MDAs implement rewards and sanctions where needed. It is after all these that an effective, transparent and accountable mode of salary payment can be worked out for the country. Sir, if this turns out to be the only mark you leave behind, your name will be indelibly written in diamond for posterity.

Mohammed Bello Yunusa

Executive Secretary, Socioeconomic and Environment Advocacy Centre, Zaria

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by kevoh(m): 11:44am On Oct 11, 2020
mayor1814:

JUST IMAGINE, WHY NOT ALSO USE IPPIS FOR CBN, NNPC ETC.

Easy! That's because CBN and NNPC have an internally generated revenue which they use to handle their expenses. They do no rely on the FG for salaries. Infact, Agencies like NNPC and FIRS contribute a certain percentage from their IGR to the allocation money shared by FG which FG uses to pay other government agencies like the Universities that depend on them.

If you don't want FG to force you to join IPPIS, then start generating your revenue internally, shikena!

You can not be fully dependent on your parents(FG) for money for feeding, school fees, rent etc and expect them not to have a say on how and when they will give you that money. If you don't like your parents decision, start working to earn your money and spend how you like.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by AIlahuAkbar: 11:47am On Oct 11, 2020
AniwetaluEmma:
This is the last minute ditch to coarse dogged ASUU member to register with IPPIS. The fact remains that people don't understand how that Union work. That is the union of intellectuals who are ready die for what they believe be in. ASUU took on Abacha in military regime let alone Buhari in democratic setting. ASUU is ready to close school down until Buhari leave office.
ASUU is not a union your threaten with non payment of salary.
If IPPIS is good why are other sister unions in the university who have enrolled backing out.
NASU, SANU and NAAT are on warning strike now.
If you are a lecturer, don't be cowed by this news. Stick with the Union. Victory is sure!
shut up there my friend.
Hospital personnel and other agencies are on IPPIS and they're not complaining
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by maasoap(m): 11:54am On Oct 11, 2020
Abouwaza:

Buhari is no one's employer
Stick that to your skull

But you can blame him for things that are not right? He's the man in charge with the mandate from the majority of Nigerians. Grow sense

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by kevoh(m): 11:55am On Oct 11, 2020
Guyman02:
I hope presidency, NNPC, PENCOM, FIRS, CBN, PTDF and other grade A agencies where their children work are also included on IPPIS?
What is good for Okeke should be good for Okafor
As long as these aforementioned agencies do not rely on the FG to pay their workers salaries, then it's going to be hard. In the cashbook of the FG, these agencies are the cashcows and will be on the credit side while the Universities are on the debit side.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by maasoap(m): 11:58am On Oct 11, 2020
n3xt:
In other words, our sons and daughters should go and learn a trade.

The caterpillar does all the work, but the butterfly gets all the publicity.

The ambitions of any good government must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and for our own.

Let’s ask ourselves “Who gets to pay for the power play between ASUU and the insensitive government?” me and I!

Insensitive for trying to right the wrong? For trying to stop one person from receiving salaries of three people?
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by AniwetaluEmma(m): 12:05pm On Oct 11, 2020
This is what Federal Government sold to you which does reflect reality on ground.
1. There is an extant law that establishes the independence of the school adminstration. That is why the governing council was established. Every lecturer work for governing council not government.
By introduction of IPPIS power to employ and fund University goes to Abuja (Hands of politicians)
2. Sabbatical, Adjunct and part-time lecturing is a global practice. It is engaging experience hands in areas of neccesity by some universities. A student might like to major in a particular option that school may not have experienced hands in. That department can hire another experience lecturer from another school to handle that. IPPIS didn't capture this peculiarity.
3. IPPIS payment is on double taxation. Federal government tax You. State still tax you. 7% each.
4. Federal government through IPPIS migrated everyone to fraudulent and non existent National Housing Schemes where about 10% of salaries of every ASUU member is being deducted.
5. Earn Allowance which is a global practice in academic sector is not acknowledged by IPPIS. This is where lecturers take solace in.
Earn Allowance be is the money that arise from the excessive loads some lecturers carried. This motivate them to do more. Who will do that works without payments?
6. ASUU offered a transparent payment method that capture all these peculiarities. Why federal government doesn't want to address it?
7. Mind you that ASUU is purely academic union. They are not into management. ASUU don't employ or manage finances. They only teach.
8. Do you know that all the agreements Federal government went in with ASUU since 2009 nothing has been done on the part of government since today. How do you want ASUU to trust Federal Government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by marsman: 12:14pm On Oct 11, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Nice...
Integrated payroll system has come to stay... nothing anybody can do about it

What ever ippis is deducting from salaries of workers is backed my law...

For every other allowances not paid is not ippis fault

Unions should meet with salaries and wages commission to formalize any agreement reached and forward it to the office of the accountant general of the federation

How you know all this, you no dey legit payroll now.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by jmaine: 12:18pm On Oct 11, 2020
Ibegtodiffer:

Your write-up void and ladden with crass ignorance. You know near to nothing about what you're saying.

1. while you are here commending, all the children of these elites are studying abroad. They shut down your own "substandard" universities & send their own kids out of the country, and you're hailing.

2. Just so you know, ghost workers is near impossible in academia. There's the need for evidence of what course, who teaches & when, monitored periodically by NUC. If it's inconsistent, you risk partial or failed accreditation. Moreover, if there were ghost Lecturers, you won't be hearing about lecturing in 2 or more universities.

3. On what ASUU has achieved, a lot. More than half the students in public universities would have been dropouts by now, if ASUU hadn't rejected the FG earlier proposed 350k to 500k school fees.

4. Just so you know, significantly over 50% of ASUU members are MSc or PhD students in Nigeria. Less than 30% of ASUU members study abroad under TETFUND. A good number worked hard enough to obtain foreign scholarships abroad. Hence not all Lecturers abroad are funded by TETFUND.

5. The said TETFUND is actually the brainchild of ASUU! so is NEEDS. All Lecture halls, Hostels, Vehicles, Chairs, Lab equipment, Books etc that has TETFUND or NEEDS ASSESSMENT crested on them are products of ASUU struggles. They went through hunger, sickness and death in some cases for these to come into fruition. Something a lot of people are unaware of. A huge number of Nigerians do not even know that TETFUND is not funded by FG!!! Do your investigation on this, since na u sabi pass.

6. What have Lecturers invented? That's the problem with FG propaganda. You want inventions in a University that is grossly underfunded. Does that add up? Australia just released 1B dollars intervention fund to universities last week. Reason is, international students were slow in paying up their fees. That is how much they value education. That is not part of the annual education budget. But Nigerian politicians would rather shutdown Universities, strangulate her intellectuals, distabilize academic calendar and frustrate the students, instead of spending 350Million dollars for a period of six years. What a stench.
During this pandemic, without salaries and without FG funding, several Universities have developed Ventilators that are currently up for commercialization. Rapid diagnostic kits for COVID-19 have been developed and commercialized already. Drugs are at advanced levels in at least 2 public universities in Nigeria. ASUU does not have the financial muscle to match FG's propaganda or control the disappointing money controlled media. But it is definitely working. Unknown to Nigerians, the current ASUU strike permits members to go into research that can salvage the pandemic challenges. Who will report these developments?

7. What is Nigeria's University certificate worth abroad? This the more reason for massive funding of these institutions. Despite a limited premium on our certificates, significant number of Nigeria students perform excellently abroad. Our universities produce good students, that can compete globally, yet, their certificates are less regarded. Isn't that a significant signal, that our universities can do more with a little more funding?

8. Extended retirement of 70 age does not mean Lecturers want to die there. Recently, the Nobel price award in Chemistry was won by a 91 year old academic. It is scientifically proven that the brain cells are one of the most long lasting. Professionalism improves with years of work. Moreover, how come the retirement age of politicians doesn't worry you?

Your submission is perfect... These kids don't know they are supporting their oppressors..

2 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by jmaine: 12:20pm On Oct 11, 2020
maasoap:

Insensitive for trying to right the wrong? For trying to stop one person from receiving salaries of three people?

You are a LIAR and a govt. Propagandist but continue.. I hope you are not one of those gearing to support PRO-SARS?
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS by jmaine: 12:23pm On Oct 11, 2020
AIlahuAkbar:
shut up there my friend.
Hospital personnel and other agencies are on IPPIS and they're not complaining

Hospitals and other agencies don't work like the Tertiary institutions...

Learn to be humble in your ignorance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) / Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab / First Term, Second Term and Third Term Examinations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.