Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

#EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta (23165 Views)

Nine EndSARS Protesters Arrested Three Years Ago Regains Freedom In Oyo / Police Violently Disperse #EndSARS Protesters At Force Headquarters In Abuja / I Go Waste 29 Bullet For Your Body - Police Officer To EndSARS Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by olawale1516(m): 9:29am On Oct 11, 2020
What are you saying... invading police station also happens in USA... When peaceful protest is treated with war by the government many violence erupt.
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by teelaw4life(m): 9:34am On Oct 11, 2020
BiafranBushBoy:

So what happens when they are disbanded and moved to a different unit and continue their atrocities there?

Just wondering.

We will come out again to protest?

For everyone who's been following this agitation for securing Nigerian lives, it's endsars, reform the police.

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by GeoAfrikana(m): 9:34am On Oct 11, 2020
modsfucker:

That's true, politicians will always be politicians... But we should be wise enough not to play into their hands..

Buhari is in his second tenure, so he care less about what people think of him..

I however believe that there's a better way to go about these demands than falling into Government's trap.

I equally believe the Government is just waiting to gather as many evidence of provocation as possible before it starts dealing ruthlessly with the protesters..

Same thing happened with Nnamdi Kanu and Sowore, remember?

One thing about protests is that they're not usually natural and organic. They're mostly artificial and synthetic.

I attended Obafemi Awolowo University, arguably the most "aluta continua" school in this country. So I know how protests work.

I'm almost certain that there's a body/organization behind this protest. Many youths protesting do not know this. Some people especially pro-Buharis are saying it's Sowore but I'm not sure.

The government knows those behind it but they only need evidence to prove that in court and evidence to prove that their protest didn't respect the law. Once they have that they'll start victimizing the heads on the protest. They'll only arrest a few people (maximum of a dozen) and the whole protest will die.

It's the same strategy everywhere. The only thing that can make this escalate is if another government stronger than Nigeria supplies these protesters funds or weapons. I pray it never gets to this stage because Nigeria could be the next Libya or Syria.

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by teelaw4life(m): 9:35am On Oct 11, 2020
modsfucker:

All I see is a bundle of "Isiakas" in the making

All die na die. Whichever way it comes let it come.

Jimoh is free.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by XVIDEOSMOD: 9:38am On Oct 11, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

You think the senile old fella knows anything is going on?

grin
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by XVIDEOSMOD: 9:39am On Oct 11, 2020
YurFatHer:
do we have a functional one

grin
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by Princedapace(m): 9:53am On Oct 11, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

I'm neither for nor against this EndSars campaign. But the emboldened is false.

Yes, there are people with bad motives in this EndSars campaign but the fact remains that Nigerian Police as a whole needs a big reform.

A reform so big that it would look like a new NPF was created. A complete rebranding.

We're talking of an agency that has been on auto-pilot for 60 years. No checks, no balances no probings. Just new vehicles and uniforms.

In fact, it starts from the federal government. They should improve these officers' renumeration, facilities, allowances and pension. Then we'll know that any officer that asks for or takes bribe is only being greedy. But subjecting people to barbaric working conditions and expecting them not to seek alternatives is sheer trumpery.

I'm a GIS Analyst and trainer. Visit my website to see some more info about me.

I've worked on many projects and with many clients ranging from academia to world bank projects.

I'm just a WhatsApp message away.

Reform your politicians first. All these energy should be targeted at our politicians and how they rule us. Una go leave politicians and even praise them and descend on una fellow Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by jawalis(m): 9:56am On Oct 11, 2020
Danpersie31:

he is still shocked that this is happening.
The old man is undoubtedly a DULLARD.
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by modsfucker: 9:57am On Oct 11, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

One thing about protests is that they're not usually natural and organic. They're mostly artificial and synthetic.

I attended Obafemi Awolowo University, arguably the most "aluta continua" school in this country. So I know how protests work.

I'm almost certain that there's a body/organization behind this protest. Many youths protesting do not know this. Some people especially pro-Buharis are saying it's Sowore but I'm not sure.

The government knows those behind it but they only need evidence to prove that in court and evidence to prove that their protest didn't respect the law. Once they have that they'll start victimizing the heads on the protest. They'll only arrest a few people (maximum of a dozen) and the whole protest will die.

It's the same strategy everywhere. The only thing that can make this escalate is if another government stronger than Nigeria supplies these protesters funds or weapons. I pray it never gets to this stage because Nigeria could be the next Libya or Syria.

@the bolded

Do you know that Nigeria has enough external subversive groups who are willing to arm those youths? That was the reason why I said most of the protesters are unwittingly playing the script of some hidden sponsors of this protest...

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by adedehinbo(m): 9:58am On Oct 11, 2020
kennyz247:
I see revolution in Nigeria loading if care is not taking......
its not possible, I Dont think we have the balls
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by GeoAfrikana(m): 9:59am On Oct 11, 2020
modsfucker:

@the bolded

Do you know that Nigeria has enough external subversive groups who are willing to arm those youths? That was the reason why I said most of the protesters are unwittingly playing the script of some hidden sponsors of this protest...

I don't know. I just pray it never works out for those groups. Anarchy and rebellion almost never ends well. Iraq, Libya and Syria can testify.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by RealEzee(m): 10:32am On Oct 11, 2020
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think we should stop all this useless protests. We should rather ask ourselves why SARS is after we southerners and not a single complaint from the north. It means there is something about the north that we need to learn sad
wait a sec, like pple should sit back and ask themselves jamb questions?

Guy just go and sleep, as per u been a born again christian go and seek deliverance cos you're yanning skis skos, what does born again have to the the current situation of things kwa?

Time of thinking and asking vain and foolish questions is over, time to act, even those in the Bible acted upon the things they're instructed to do in defense of their sovereignty, no dey use born again as cover, God won't come down and make the change if we don't act either, leave north one aside, ur own house dey burn u dey go ur neighbor house go find Maggi... Smh
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by olufadeke86267: 10:35am On Oct 11, 2020
:
What stops the proportion one citizenship from addressing the national ?
You think the haywire boy bloke knows something is going on?
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by BiafranBushBoy: 10:58am On Oct 11, 2020
teelaw4life:

For everyone who's been following this agitation for securing Nigerian lives, it's endsars, reform the police.

Lol...

Smh.

Different voices, different messages.

Issokay
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by teelaw4life(m): 11:10am On Oct 11, 2020
BiafranBushBoy:

Lol...

Smh.

Different voices, different messages.

Issokay

Lmao...the message has always been unequivocally clear.

No one owes you comprehension.
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by BiafranBushBoy: 11:13am On Oct 11, 2020
teelaw4life:

Lmao...the message has always been unequivocally clear.

No one owes you comprehension.

Suit yourself with your protest buddy!

Good luck
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 11, 2020
modsfucker:
Calling their demigods to come to their rescue as usual. This is clear display of inferiority complex... I hate to see it undecided
Nice comment. I wonder why these ppl like asking those idiots to come to their rescue. Myanmar's genocide, Syria killings, China's Urghui concentration camp, Russian atrocities on Ukraine, and many other cruelly don't receive any serious attention from international community. Is better to call the attention of IGP or President for sympathy than those unconcerned US,EU or useless UK. I don't know why these ppl see them as god.
They're just embarrassing sovereign being of Nigeria!
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 11, 2020
modsfucker:
Calling their demigods to come to their rescue as usual. This is clear display of inferiority complex... I hate to see it undecided
Nice comment. I wonder why these ppl like asking those idiots to come to their rescue. Myanmar's genocide, Syria killings, China's Urghui concentration camp, Russian atrocities on Ukraine, and many other cruelly don't receive any serious attention from international community. Is better to call the attention of IGP or President for sympathy than those unconcerned US,EU or useless UK. I don't know why these ppl see them as god.
Their mental inferiority is embarrassing sovereign being of Nigeria!
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by AIIyIic(f): 12:07pm On Oct 11, 2020
lilmax:
Lol

Do you guys miss jonathan now? grin

Is he still a weak man? grin

IDIOTS

Will you stfu. None of them is what we need

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by BarrElChapo(m): 12:31pm On Oct 11, 2020
GOTVee:

Is it a crime to be a born again Christian?

You have comprehension problems, it's my fault for engaging you
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 11, 2020
I am here to read comments....
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by ehirosplusbiz(m): 2:07pm On Oct 11, 2020
Comment on another topic because you are not fit for this....
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by KushLyon(m): 3:48pm On Oct 11, 2020
modsfucker:

I saw the video guy... I wish I can upload it here.

Another Police Station invasion was reported here on Nairaland in one of the States... The protesters were threatening the Police to open the Station and see shege.. Abi you never see that one too?

That happened in Benin and Ekpoma, and there was also vadalization case in ijebu ode. But there was nothing like that in Abeokuta, you can't tell me that it's OK for them to be arresting protesters all over Nigeria simply because of what happened in those states
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by KushLyon(m): 3:50pm On Oct 11, 2020
modsfucker:

You and I know that the Government has made its position clear that it would reform the SARS but the issue of complete disbandment is off the table... But these people are still pushing for it in spite of this..

That means there is more to it than meet the eyes.
How far, I thought you said disbandment of SARS is off the table, have you seen the news lately? grin

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by ofiko123(m): 4:35pm On Oct 11, 2020
csn01:
Go and shout #endSARS in police cell.

grin grin
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by ofiko123(m): 4:35pm On Oct 11, 2020
grin grin
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by Chris2863(m): 5:31pm On Oct 11, 2020
modsfucker:

You're right
Aturu
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by spiralwedge(m): 5:56pm On Oct 11, 2020
modsfucker:

If you're still expecting Buhari to disband SARS because of the nuisance called ENDSARS protest, then you need to go and borrow sense.

I hope your mumu eyes don clear. Stvpid SARS apologetic. Thunder fire your nyansh wherever you are. Motherfvcker. Mumu
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by spiralwedge(m): 6:00pm On Oct 11, 2020
lilmax:
Lol

Do you guys miss jonathan now? grin

Is he still a weak man? grin

IDIOTS

I can't believe a Nigerian youth wrote the above. Really? You need sense o, so you think GEJ or PMB or OBJ is what we need. You need to go beg them for village o, dem don finish your life.

Imagine, you want to bring back the man that was in charge when Boko Haram almost took over Abuja.

What is wrong with you people? Smh
Sick sick!
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by lilmax(m): 6:02pm On Oct 11, 2020
spiralwedge:

I can't believe a Nigerian youth wrote the above. Really? You need sense o, so you think GEJ or PMB or OBJ is what we need. You need to go beg them for village o, dem don finish your life.

Imagine, you want to bring back the man that was in charge when Boko Haram almost took over Abuja.

What is wrong with you people? Smh
Sick sick!

BASTARD

did I say I wanted jonathan back?
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by CavemanDefuturo: 6:30pm On Oct 11, 2020
We have a deaf and dumb government, all Nigerian law enforcement agencies have no regards or sympathy for the common Nigerian. We masses are always at the receive end. People cannot exercise their constitutional right anymore because we voted a tyrant to lead us.

It's such a shame that in all this unrest the president of this country has not found it necessary to address the youths of this nation. It's make me wonder, do we really have Sane man on the sit of power? No same man will ignore what is going on. May God save Nigeria from impending doom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NDLEA Uncovers ₦22 Billion Worth Of Tramadol Imported By Ukatu / 21-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging In Ekiti For Robbing Men Of Their Motorcycles / LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.