Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,507 members, 7,781,558 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:59 PM

Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday (596 Views)

How Will You Be Celebrating Your Easter Today? / Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other / Primate Ayodele: Five Nations Will Come Out Of Nigeria; Two Will Be Greater Than (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:45am On Oct 11, 2020
It's God celebrating your birthday!

*But how many times does that happen despite many claiming to celebrate it in thanksgiving and appreciation to God?

*How many people really care about what God thinks about their birthday celebrations and the thanksgiving they offer to Him for keeping them alive?

*Do they really care if it's pleasing in God's sight or if He has any respect for such?

*Do they really care if God is happy that they're a year older or if their lives are of much significance to Him?

*Do they really care if their lives bring glory to God?

Remember both Abel and Cain each offered something up to God, but it's just one that was accepted while the other one was rejected.

Perhaps because we don't have an instant indicator of God's reaction to what we offer Him as they did in those days, makes to erroneously believe that anything we throw at Him had been accepted by Him.

This is the reason many would be in for surprises on the last day, because they thought their offerings were accepted by God not knowing they were rejected.

I used to celebrate my birthdays and those of others even as a strong believer, but I stopped immediately I observed it was an egoistic and self-centered observation.

The day I stopped was the first birthday after I began to walk at the level of the Spirit where it was all about God. At that level it's behoves one to deny himself, take up his cross and follow Jesus, so there's no room for pride or things that are self-centered.

So it was new orientation that made me immediately detect that something was not quite right with such celebration, so that was it.

I put a stop to it right there and then, and instead of thanking God and appreciating Him for my life by celebrating my birthday, I try to live the kind of life that pleasing in His sight, the kind of life that God would want to celebrate, the kind of life that would make God to be proud and not regret keeping me alive to show how grateful I truly am to Him.

I keep asking Him to help me to express my gratitude and worship in His own language, in a way He would understand it, in a way that it would be pleasing in His sight and His ears, in a way that He would have respect unto it.

I'm seriously concerned about what God thinks about what I offer to Him, because I know that at the end, that's all that would matter, so it's essential that what I offer to Him is what He would have respect for.

It wasn't very easy as expected, because it was going to make me be like the odd man out, since celebration of birthdays was not just a tradition of the world but also of the church, but being the odd man out was something I was already getting accustomed to since that corresponded with the life of the Spirit which I had began to live, which was as the wind.

Therefore I stopped celebrating my birthdays, but on one of my birthdays, i had just began to write a book about the Holy Spirit while I was alone in my room, all of a sudden, I began to feel the presence of God mightily upon me. It was to the extent I couldn't remain standing on my feet. It was bringing me down to ground level.

It was so strong, my whole body was vibrating and as I said, this didn't take place in a meeting but in my room when I was alone, like an upper room because it was upstairs.

Since that day, over eight years ago, that presence has never left me for one second, instead it has gradually intensified. It has gotten to the point that now I literally hear an audible sound as a mighty rushing wind and feel it enveloping my whole body, both within and without from my head to my feet.

Just yesterday, I got to realize that the sound of a mighty rushing wind I've been hearing all the while was actually God breathing. I could for the first time yesterday, literally hear Him breathing just as a human breathes. So what I usually felt was God breathing on me, and when He breathes, I hear the sound of the Air that emanates from His breath, and feel it upon my whole body.

For those who may not know, God's Breath is His Spirit, so it appears that despite that I don't celebrate my birthday, God found it worth celebrating because it was pleasing in His sight, and it's His Spirit He gave me as a birthday gift.

With the way things are developing by the day, I believe that when God is through with me, He's going to put me on the lamp stand so all men could see the beautiful work He had done in my life which is pleasing in His sight.

May your birthday give God a good reason to celebrate.

God bless.
Re: Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 11, 2020
Amen

1 Like

Re: Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday by MrPresident1: 6:57am On Oct 11, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
It's God celebrating your birthday!

Is it not you that was correcting Paul the other time?

Revelation 22:18
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Let this verse ring in your ears forever
Re: Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:00am On Oct 11, 2020
MrPresident1:

Is it not you that was correcting Paul the other time?

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Let this verse ring in your ears forever
What book was John talking about?

The book of revelations (his book) or another Paul's books)?
Re: Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday by MrPresident1: 7:14am On Oct 11, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
What book was John talking about?

The book of revelations (his book) or another Paul's books)?

You are the same person abi, I just wanted to be sure. The person that was turning Paul's inspired words upside down, adding and deleting form the Word of God.

It is you, right?
Re: Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:20am On Oct 11, 2020
MrPresident1:

You are the same person abi, I just wanted to be sure. The person that was turning Paul's inspired words upside down, adding and deleting form the Word of God.

It is you, right?
You already know who it is so please answer the question.

Which book was John talking about?
Re: Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday by MrPresident1: 7:26am On Oct 11, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
You already know who it is so please answer the question.

Which book was John talking about?

The Bible
Re: Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday by Charlex23(m): 8:07am On Oct 11, 2020
Nice write up op. more grease to ur elbow

1 Like

Re: Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:24am On Oct 11, 2020
MrPresident1:

The Bible
Was there anything like the Bible when he said that?
Re: Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday by MrPresident1: 12:03pm On Oct 11, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Was there anything like the Bible when he said that?

Lol. No Pentateuch, No Isaiah, No Ezekiel, No Jonah, No Jeremiah, No Psalms, No Job, No Proverbs, No Ecclesiastes, No Habakkuk, No Micah, No 1 and 2nd Judges, No 1st and 2nd Chronicles, No Obadiah etc?

chairman, ponder on this verse below:

Re: Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2020
MrPresident1:

Lol. No Pentateuch, No Isaiah, No Ezekiel, No Jonah, No Jeremiah, No Psalms, No Job, No Proverbs, No Ecclesiastes, No Habakkuk, No Micah, No 1 and 2nd Judges, No 1st and 2nd Chronicles, No Obadiah etc?

chairman, ponder on this verse below:

Okay I can see you're not ready to talk with your beating about the bush.

Re: Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:20pm On Oct 12, 2020
csn01:
Amen
Hallelujah!
Re: Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:05pm On Oct 13, 2020
Charlex23:
Nice write up op. more grease to ur elbow
Amen.

Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:02pm On Oct 14, 2020
Re: Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:07am On Oct 15, 2020
How many care about what God thinks?
Re: Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:15am On Oct 16, 2020
Does your life give glory to God?
Re: Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:40pm On Oct 17, 2020
If good to be grateful to God for one's life but if your lifestyle doesn't reflect that thanksgiving, it's not good enough.
Re: Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:30am On Oct 19, 2020
It's good to give thanks but the best way to thank God for your life is to live a life that's is pleasing to Him.
Re: Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:16am On Oct 20, 2020
Have you asked God if He approves of your thanksgiving?
Re: Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:39am On Oct 22, 2020
Cain also offered something to God.
Re: Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:11am On Oct 23, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Cain also offered something to God.
But his offering was rejected.
Re: Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:49am On Oct 24, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
But his offering was rejected.
Cain's offering was rejected because he didn't do well according to God. Genesis 4:6-7.
Re: Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:29am On Nov 29, 2020
Nothing compares to being celebrated by God.

(1) (Reply)

Father Mbaka Speaks About End Sars,supports The Youths(video) / What Of If You Weren't Born A Christian Or Muslim / Album Video 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.