Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,808 members, 7,806,262 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Why Did God Want A Son ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Want A Son ? (11765 Views)

You Are Not A Son But "Goat" - Leke Adeboye Slams RCCG Pastors / Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes / Does God Want To Frustrate Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Harshirama(m): 2:42am On Oct 20, 2020
sonmvayina:

Give me three instances where it was prophesied in the old testament...please..
Isaiah 53:4-6
[4]Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
[5]But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
[6]All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Genesis 1:1-3
[1]In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
[2]And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
[3]And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Genesis 22:8,17
[8]And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.
[17]That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

Psalms 16:9-10
[9]Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
[10]For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:16am On Oct 20, 2020
sonmvayina:

How can God be the creator of heaven and earth and still be part of earth?.is it just like saying Steve jobs the creator of the iPhone is also part of the iPhone....make you think am nah..

grin haha! You've used my line. So now I will enter the matter.

You Alleged God
NEEDED A SON, and Max said it is not in Genesis 1 and 2, oya, lie and put it in there or show us that you are really mentally challenged or show us that it is there if you can.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:24am On Oct 20, 2020
sonmvayina:

See excess burden of proof! 3 instances. You demand 3 instances, why? Isn't one enough? If you caught me stealing Once would you still let me count your money a second time not to mention a third time? Eh?

Why are you always wicked, eh, would you not change?

Or is it because you know that there are Two Clear Prophecies, but not 3?

You are very wicked person oh!
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Nobody: 6:28am On Oct 20, 2020
Harshirama:

1 Timothy 2:5
[5]For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

ﭾﭿﮀﮁﮂﮃﮄﮅﮆﮇﮈﮉﮊﮋ
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:28am On Oct 20, 2020
sonmvayina:

And I can see you have still not answered and shown where GOD Said "He Needed A Son"

For if this fact does not exist then there is no need to answer your rubbish question.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by GeneralDae: 6:29am On Oct 20, 2020
sonmvayina:

They wrote about the worshipers of serapis Christus ...they are also called chrestians....

Not any Jewish teacher, or son of god mumbo jumbo...
My man stop disgracing yourself on a public forum. I would share the quote of Tacticus and allow people to judge for themselves.
Also the manuscripts of John's Gospel in the new testament( dated 125 AD) are they also from Serapis?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 20, 2020

[/b][b]
GeneralDae:

My man stop disgracing yourself on a public forum. I would share the quote of Tacticus and allow people to judge for themselves.
Also the manuscripts of John's Gospel in the new testament( dated 125 AD) are they also from Serapis?

The Annals passage (15.44), which has been subjected to much scholarly analysis, follows a description of the six-day Great Fire of Rome that burned much of Rome in July 64 AD.[3]

The key part of the passage reads as follows (translation from Latin by A. J. Church and W. J. Brodribb, 1876):

But all human efforts, all the lavish gifts of the emperor, and the propitiations of the gods, did not banish the sinister belief that the conflagration was the result of an order. Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judæa, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular. Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind. (In Latin: Sed non ope humana, non largitionibus principis aut deum placamentis decedebat infamia, quin iussum incendium crederetur. ergo abolendo rumori Nero subdidit reos et quaesitissimis poenis adfecit, quos per flagitia invisos vulgus Chrestianos appellabat. auctor nominis eius Christus Tibero imperitante per procuratorem Pontium Pilatum supplicio adfectus erat; repressaque in praesens exitiabilis superstitio rursum erumpebat, non modo per Iudaeam, originem eius mali, sed per urbem etiam, quo cuncta undique atrocia aut pudenda confluunt celebranturque. igitur primum correpti qui fatebantur, deinde indicio eorum multitudo ingens haud proinde in crimine incendii quam odio humani generis convicti sunt.[11])

Tacitus then describes the torture of Christians:

Mockery of every sort was added to their deaths. Covered with the skins of beasts, they were torn by dogs and perished, or were nailed to crosses, or were doomed to the flames and burnt, to serve as a nightly illumination, when daylight had expired. Nero offered his gardens for the spectacle, and was exhibiting a show in the circus, while he mingled with the people in the dress of a charioteer or stood aloft on a car. Hence, even for criminals who deserved extreme and exemplary punishment, there arose a feeling of compassion; for it was not, as it seemed, for the public good, but to glut one man's cruelty, that they were being destroyed.[12]

The exact cause of the fire remains uncertain, but much of the population of Rome suspected that Emperor Nero had started the fire himself.[3] To divert attention from himself, Nero accused the Christians of starting the fire and persecuted them, making this the first documented confrontation between Christians and the authorities in Rome.[3] Tacitus never accused Nero of playing the lyre while Rome burned – that statement came from Cassius Dio, who died in the 3rd century.[2] But Tacitus did suggest that Nero used the Christians as scapegoats.[13]

No original manuscripts of the Annals exist and the surviving copies of Tacitus' works derive from two principal manuscripts, known as the Medicean manuscripts, written in Latin, which are held in the Laurentian Library in Florence, Italy.[14] It is the second Medicean manuscript, 11th century and from the Benedictine abbey at Monte Cassino, which is the oldest surviving copy of the passage describing Christians.[15] Scholars generally agree that these copies were written at Monte Cassino and the end of the document refers to Abbas Raynaldus cu... who was most probably one of the two abbots of that name at the abbey during that period.[15]
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by OtemAtum: 3:54pm On Oct 20, 2020
pozehnani:
Are you ok?

Ok. God needed someone to take away the sins of the world but non qualified for such task. So he had to come himself in the person of JESUS whom he later proclaimed His son to carry out the mission.

So, stop being confused.
Stop telling lies. God Almighty, the creator of Jehovah, Allah, Moloch, Ahura Mazda, etc never at any time needed anyone to remove the bad deeds of the world. Rather, humans themselves are made to evolve in their minds to remove many of such evil deeds like slave trading, genocides, terrorism, etc. Thank Goodness, the gods of science have captured the likes of Jehovah, Allah, Moloch and other unrepentant religious gods in a spiritual cage to ensure that humanity continuously grow above the lying philosophies of religions. Peace.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 10:11pm On Oct 20, 2020
GeneralDae:

Post it let everybody see it..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 10:12pm On Oct 20, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

See excess burden of proof! 3 instances. You demand 3 instances, why? Isn't one enough? If you caught me stealing Once would you still let me count your money a second time not to mention a third time? Eh?

Why are you always wicked, eh, would you not change?

Or is it because you know that there are Two Clear Prophecies, but not 3?

You are very wicked person oh!

Lol..OK give me 1
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 10:17pm On Oct 20, 2020
Harshirama:

Isaiah 53:4-6
[4]Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
[5]But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
[6]All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Genesis 1:1-3
[1]In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
[2]And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
[3]And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Genesis 22:8,17
[8]And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.
[17]That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

Psalms 16:9-10
[9]Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
[10]For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

So which of those passages shows the need for God to have a son ? Or refers to jesus ?.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Harshirama(m): 10:34pm On Oct 20, 2020
sonmvayina:

So which of those passages shows the need for God to have a son ? Or refers to jesus ?.

All of them. The message of the gospel starts right from genesis one. Compare Genesis 1 and John 1.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by GeneralDae: 11:08pm On Oct 20, 2020
sonmvayina:

Post it let everybody see it..
The guy above has quoted it and you can interprete it as you wish, but let me ask you this:
Is John 18 ( manuscript of John's gospel) dated 125 A.D, also from Serapis? I am not saying you should be a Christian, but bring in reasonable criticism with facts.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 7:32am On Oct 21, 2020
GeneralDae:

The guy above has quoted it and you can interprete it as you wish, but let me ask you this:
Is John 18 ( manuscript of John's gospel) dated 125 A.D, also from Serapis? I am not saying you should be a Christian, but bring in reasonable criticism with facts.

Answer my initial query..

Why does God need a son ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 7:34am On Oct 21, 2020
Harshirama:

All of them. The message of the gospel starts right from genesis one. Compare Genesis 1 and John 1.

You do the comparison and post t here..

Or are you telling me, jesus is just a personification of light..well then, the story won't be real...but a myth..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Harshirama(m): 8:05am On Oct 21, 2020
sonmvayina:

You do the comparison and post t here..

Or are you telling me, jesus is just a personification of light..well then, the story won't be real...but a myth..
Check it out if you're willing to learn
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 10:50am On Oct 21, 2020
Harshirama:

Check it out if you're willing to learn

Guy,I understand the whole of Genesis,there is nothing in it ,to suggest any case for the jesus character..He is just a roman/Greek creation..just accept you have been lied to ..turn around and seek knowledge..

The age of believing is over, we are in the age of knowing .

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Harshirama(m): 12:53pm On Oct 21, 2020
sonmvayina:

Guy,I understand the whole of Genesis,there is nothing in it ,to suggest any case for the jesus character..He is just a roman/Greek creation..just accept you have been lied to ..turn around and seek knowledge..

The age of believing is over, we are in the age of knowing .

Lmao, the problem with you people is you refuse to learn. Genesis wasn't written by Moses as a purely historical book. Read in-between the lines or listen to messages and you'll understand what it's about
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 21, 2020
Harshirama:

Lmao, the problem with you people is you refuse to learn. Genesis wasn't written by Moses as a purely historical book. Read in-between the lines or listen to messages and you'll understand what it's about

Are you sure Moses even existed talkless of him writing anything?

What’s so special about Jews that makes Genesis and the rest of the Old Testament (Tanakh) nothing more than myth and legends? Sure, there are some historicity underlying some of the places and people but the fact that Shango existed does not make his legend true. Even if Moses existed, why should any disinterested person believe the far fetched stories about him? Please, don’t refer to the book to support the book.

Do you believe that some despondent Arab named Mohammed spoke to an angel in a cave?

Do you believe that a 19th century American white boy spoke to an angel who gave him golden plates of scripture?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 21, 2020
Harshirama:

Reading between the lines is often like a rorschach test and interpretation can be used to support anything from charity to bloodshed to slavery. There are historic examples of people "reading between the lines" and justifying their own depravity. Hell, the vicar of christ himself read between the lines and justified the perpetual subjugation of people minding their own affairs who didn't know of the "special privilege" of some jew dying for a "sin" they didn't know they committed.

What do you see between the lines?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Harshirama(m): 2:48pm On Oct 21, 2020
Martian:

What’s so special about Jews that makes Genesis and the rest of the Old Testament (Tanakh) nothing more than myth and legends? Sure, there are some historicity underlying some of the places and people but the fact that Shango existed does not make his legend true. Even if Moses existed, why should any disinterested person believe the far fetched stories about him? Please, don’t refer to the book to support the book.

Do you believe that some despondent Arab named Mohammed spoke to an angel in a cave?

Do you believe that a 19th century American white boy spoke to an angel who gave him golden plates of scripture?

Do you believe we descended from apes, do you believe science is absolute?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 21, 2020
Harshirama:

We didn't descend from apes; we are apes . Great apes (gorillas, bonobos, chimpanzees and orangutans) and lesser apes (gibbons and siamangs) are our closest relatives on the evolutionary tree of common ancestry.
The scientific method is absolutely the most reliable method for acquiring knowledge because it is an intellectual and practical activity based on observation and testing.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Martian:

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 21, 2020
Harshirama:

Tickle an ape..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqBBd6DOaZI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhlHx5ivGGk
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Harshirama(m): 7:27pm On Oct 21, 2020
Martian:

We didn't descend from apes; we are apes . Great apes (gorillas, bonobos, chimpanzees and orangutans) and lesser apes (gibbons and siamangs) are our closest relatives on the evolutionary tree of common ancestry.
The scientific method is absolutely the most reliable method for acquiring knowledge because it is an intellectual and practical activity based on observation and testing.

Science hasn't been able to explain or unravel consciousness. Science keeps changing but you think it's absolute
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Harshirama(m): 7:29pm On Oct 21, 2020
Martian:

Moses didn't exist? Btw, I'm not a muslim so I don't believe in it.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 21, 2020
Harshirama:

Moses didn't exist? Btw, I'm not a muslim so I don't believe in it.

Please, take note of how easy it is to discard with muslim assertions because "I don't believe in it" aka "Sounds like bullshit". People who don't believe in your god discard it with the same ease, "Sounds like bullshit". Zeus, Shiva, Obatala, and Xenu, are just like YHWH Moses, and Jesus.
Jesus in particular is white washed bullshit. An Eurocentric symbol of "God" that is used to justify white supremacy.

Rabbinical Judaism calculated a lifespan of Moses corresponding to 1391–1271 BCE;[6] Jerome suggested 1592 BCE,[7] and James Ussher suggested 1571 BCE as his birth year.[8][note 2] Scholarly consensus sees Moses as a legendary figure, while retaining the possibility that a Moses-like figure existed.[11][12][13][14]

Shango's existence does not mean that his legend is true. Moses possible existence does not mean he parted the red sea or spoke to a god on a mountain, or "wrote Genesis".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/12/10/was-moses-real/

Yet, outside of biblical scripture, there is next to no evidence in the archaeological and historical record of Moses's existence. There is no exact time frame for when the events of Exodus may have occurred -- with scholarly conjecture spanning more than half a millennium. Nor do we know the identity of the villainous Pharaoh in the Bible, cast in films repeatedly as Ramesses II. That pharaoh is famed for his conquests and building projects. But in their digs and readings of inscriptions and papyrus, historians have found no trace of Moses under Ramesses's reign.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Harshirama(m): 7:46pm On Oct 21, 2020
Martian:

Please, take note of how easy it is to discard with muslim assertions because "I don't believe in it" aka "Sounds like bullshit". People who don't believe in your god discard it with the same ease, "Sounds like bullshit" because like Zeus, Shiva, Obatala, and Xenu, YHWHm Moses, and Jesus are bullshit.

Rabbinical Judaism calculated a lifespan of Moses corresponding to 1391–1271 BCE;[6] Jerome suggested 1592 BCE,[7] and James Ussher suggested 1571 BCE as his birth year.[8][note 2] Scholarly consensus sees Moses as a legendary figure, while retaining the possibility that a Moses-like figure existed.[11][12][13][14]

Shango's existence does not mean that his legend is true. Moses possible existence does not mean he parted the red sea or spoke to a god on a mountain, or "wrote Genesis".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/12/10/was-moses-real/

Yet, outside of biblical scripture, there is next to no evidence in the archaeological and historical record of Moses's existence. There is no exact time frame for when the events of Exodus may have occurred -- with scholarly conjecture spanning more than half a millennium. Nor do we know the identity of the villainous Pharaoh in the Bible, cast in films repeatedly as Ramesses II. That pharaoh is famed for his conquests and building projects. But in their digs and readings of inscriptions and papyrus, historians have found no trace of Moses under Ramesses's reign.
That's what you believe. I believe Jesus died and God raised him up the third day.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 21, 2020
Harshirama:

That's what you believe. I believe Jesus died and God raised him up the third day.

Easter Friday to Easter Sunday do not make three days. A religion so asinine, they can't even do simple math. Thank god for ignorance and stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Harshirama(m): 7:56pm On Oct 21, 2020
Martian:

Easter Friday to Easter Sunday do not make three days. A religion so asinine, they can't even do simple math. Thank god for ignorance and stupidity.
For the message about the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
1 Corinthians 1:18
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 21, 2020
Harshirama:

For the message about the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Yeah, yeah,yeah. Everyone of y’all call unbelievers fools.

na mam duskrtino mudhah prapadyante naradhamah mayayapahrta jnana asuram bhavam asritah

“Those miscreants who are grossly foolish, lowest among mankind, whose knowledge is stolen by illusion, and who partake of the atheistic nature of demons, do not surrender unto Me.” (Bhagavad Gita 7:15)

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 21, 2020
Harshirama:

I love your self righteous depravity that makes you confidently proclaim that people will perish. A belief in a god that they claim loves people but will torture them after death for infinite time. Your religion is a joke.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Harshirama(m): 8:43pm On Oct 21, 2020
Martian:

Yeah, yeah,yeah. Everyone of y’all call unbelievers fools.

na mam duskrtino mudhah prapadyante naradhamah mayayapahrta jnana asuram bhavam asritah

“Those miscreants who are grossly foolish, lowest among mankind, whose knowledge is stolen by illusion, and who partake of the atheistic nature of demons, do not surrender unto Me.” (Bhagavad Gita 7:15)

Bro, calm down and read carefully. It says the message is foolishness. It means it looks stupid to those who don't believe. Nowhere does it call any man a fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says / Setting The Record Straight On "Speaking In Tongues" And Other Spiritual Gifts / Satanic Food & Self-deliverance ( Spiritual Teaching For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.