Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Why Did God Create Us - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Create Us (332 Views)

Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? / Bible Contradiction - Did God Create Man First Or Created Man And Woman Together / Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did God Create Us by Hier(m): 11:01am On Oct 11, 2020
Praise the Lord

I am opening this thread to the Glory of God who always cause us to triumph and has given man power of sin.

Welcome to my thread. I would keep posting and feel free to answer questions, but please I do not do argument. Thanks

Please, lets share and save lives (You can copy the link and paste it on your Facebook and invite as many as you can to come view this thread. Just copy the link and share on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp vetc
Re: Why Did God Create Us by qwertyboss(m): 11:04am On Oct 11, 2020
Hier:
Praise the Lord

I am opening this thread to the Glory of God who always cause us to triumph and has given man power of sin.

Welcome to my thread. I would keep posting and feel free to answer questions, but please I do not do argument. Thanks
God created Men to worship him
Re: Why Did God Create Us by Hier(m): 11:04am On Oct 11, 2020
The question is, why did God create us?

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Dominion was the reason why God created us. God created us so we would have dominion, dominion over everything He has created i.e. to RULE
Re: Why Did God Create Us by Hier(m): 11:15am On Oct 11, 2020
Our next question is

How did God create us?

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Please I would like us to see the bolded portion. It says, God made man in His likeness.

What would it means to be tagged created in His likeness? Likeness mean to be like, or to have what someone have or to share some similarities with God. The best explanation we can give to God is found in the book of John 4:24

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

So if man was created in the image and likeness of God and God is a Spirit, then Man was created a Spirit. Which is who God is and which is how God created man
Re: Why Did God Create Us by Hier(m): 12:09pm On Oct 11, 2020
Thanks for viewing

Our next question is, if we were created in the likeness of God, and God is God, what would that make us

If man was created in the LIKEness of God, then how was God viewing man

Psalms 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

The Bible said, God would come down to see i.e fellowship. It wasn't like God was in heaven and left man on His own, God was constantly visiting him

Genesis 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
Re: Why Did God Create Us by Dtruthspeaker: 4:59am On Oct 12, 2020
Hier:
The question is, why did God create us?

Dominion was the reason why God created us. God created us so we would have dominion, dominion over everything He has created i.e. to RULE

WRONG!

What is in the Mind of Every Creator when He Creates?

Answer - if it is not solve a problem, then it is for Pleasure eg football, table tennis,

A Creator creates because it Pleases Him to Create and that which is created, is supposed to please Him.

Eg. Certainly when the iPhone was finished, it pleased Steve Jobs else, he would have surely Destroyed It!

We are Created Because It Pleased God to Create Us and we Pleased Him After He Created Us.

But when we Stop Pleasing Him... you already know!
Re: Why Did God Create Us by obonujoker(m): 6:13am On Oct 12, 2020
Rev 4:11

Thou art worthy,O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created!
Re: Why Did God Create Us by Didov1(f): 3:14am On Nov 14, 2020
Ummnnn....What first came into my mind was That we are created to worship God..... I've learnt something today...Rev 4:11 said it all...
Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
That's why after each creation,God always make sure it was Good, pleasant before proceeding to the next creation....
Genesis 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and *GOD SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD*

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create Us by Dtruthspeaker: 6:59am On Nov 14, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Sean Pinder / Trump: Nigerians Mock Taribo West Over Failed Prophecy On US Election (video) / Please Who Can Help Me Interpret This Dream Accurately.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.