Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,714,556 members, 6,414,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 July 2021 at 07:08 PM

Someday Soon I Will Help Others Too - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Someday Soon I Will Help Others Too (300 Views)

15 Reasons I'm Scared To Get Married Someday / Learn About Investments That Will Help U And Ur Family In 2018 / Are You Married And Facing Challenges? Would You Like To Share To Help Others? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someday Soon I Will Help Others Too by OiOi: 12:23pm On Oct 11, 2020
when I look at my society I see poverty and hunger. I see extreme suffering and want. Yesterday, Saturday evening, I met a pregnant woman who must be due soon holding a child. She walked upto me where I was sitting and told me she needed some money to eat and take care of her Child.

For some seconds a million thoughts ran through my mind before I could even speak. She said she was going somewhere and lost her transport money (I know well enough that was a lie). Out of pity, I told her the truth that all I had on me was just 270naira. I gave her 170.

I could see the child she was holding was thirsty and hungry judging by the child's red eyes and lowered eyelids. So I also parted with the bread and akara I was eating then they left.

When I think about what I am passing through; hunger, rejection, depression, loneliness, lack and anger, I feel really sad the more even for people who are currently passing through this phase. People who have no one to run to, no where to run to. People with nothing to call theirs, people who cannot step outside without the apprehension of meeting their landlord. people who are lost on how to pay their rent or get help to start a meaningful business.

It breaks me knowing I am here in Nigeria, it breaks me knowing there are wealth people who don't bother about the poor and unemployed. It breaks me to know even the family members I want to run to when I am hungry can't even feed conveniently. It breaks me knowing I can't even help myself talkless of helping the hungry. It breaks me knowing there is little I am capable of doing to leave NIGERIA. And even if I get the chance to leave, how do I get to heal Nigera?

Even though I currently lack, I promise to help and raise others when the time comes. It certainly can't be like this forever
Re: Someday Soon I Will Help Others Too by Thesole(m): 1:26pm On Oct 11, 2020
God wil continue to increase the humanity in u and may god guide towards achieving ur goal.
I always had these thoughts of helping thousands of people out of poverty especially in my state until oneday i had same experience as u but mine went otherwise. Early 2020, a young lady maybe in her mid 30s with a kid and a baby on her back walked up to me and 2 of frnds @ our discussion spot and told us abt hw they hv nt eaten fr 2days, no doubt dey look really hungry and infact homeless, nobody to care fr dem. As i be person wit gud heart i gave her N500 and told her to buy things worth N300 from the nearest shop and bring back N200. the shop was abt 370ft from where we were sitted by side of the road. Long story short, the lady decide nt to return bt one of my frnd caught up wit her & collected everytin from her. Had it been she came bk i wld gladly give hr the rest of d money.
Evaluate pple before helping them. Some people are nt worth helping because they wont help u in return

2 Likes

Re: Someday Soon I Will Help Others Too by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 11, 2020
Thesole:
God wil continue to increase the humanity in u and may god guide towards achieving ur goal.
I always had these thoughts of helping thousands of people out of poverty especially in my state until oneday i had same experience as u but mine went otherwise. Early 2020, a young lady maybe in her mid 30s with a kid and a baby on her back walked up to me and 2 of frnds @ our discussion spot and told us abt hw they hv nt eaten fr 2days, no doubt dey look really hungry and infact homeless, nobody to care fr dem. As i be person wit gud heart i gave her N500 and told her to buy things worth N300 from the nearest shop and bring back N200. the shop was abt 370ft from where we were sitted by side of the road. Long story short, the lady decide nt to return bt one of my frnd caught up wit her & collected everytin from her. Had it been she came bk i wld gladly give hr the rest of d money.
Evaluate pple before helping them. Some people are nt worth helping because they wont help u in return

why must you tempt her in such a way if you can't afford to give her the whole thing why not look for change or ARE YOU A BABY

1 Like

Re: Someday Soon I Will Help Others Too by MrToothBrush: 4:17pm On Oct 11, 2020
frank800:

why must you tempt her in such a way if you can't afford to give her the whole thing why not look for change or ARE YOU A BABY
don't be too quick to judge others wrongly. there is no evil in trying to help others out.
Re: Someday Soon I Will Help Others Too by Entrepreneurrr: 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2020
I have this passion/dream of helping people since I was a child because I hate to see people suffer.
I don't know that this country will come and Bleep us all, as I am talking now even me I am looking for how to survive after nurturing my business for nearly 2 years but its crashing slowly due to high competition.
But with little I have I help people that are really in need.

May God help us and ease our affairs. Amen
Re: Someday Soon I Will Help Others Too by HotPoundedYam(m): 9:19pm On Oct 11, 2020
Op God bless you. I wish there was a way I could contribute to your cause. But Nigerians are very hard to help. The hunger has made alot of us mad and liars.
But don't let that stop you from helping. If you are reading this, find a reason to help someone today.

(1) (Reply)

Relocation Sales - Baby Wooden Wardrobe / Solar System For Your Home With Instalment Payment / Why Most Of Relationship Between Male Child And Father Strict?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.